Comair

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A

Review by (Indonesia) 11th June 2015

My flight Durban to Jo'burg on 10 May under the BA banner was supposed to connect with QR to Doha and then Singapore but left a little late. Although my baggage was booked right through to Singapore, I was refused check-in by QR at Jo'burg because it was said to be too late even though it was an hour before departure time. Whilst QR rescheduled flights to Singapore at no extra charge' (I should hope so)! I lost considerable time and money (had to pay for a replacement flight to Jakarta that I missed because of Comair's delay), neither QR nor Comair accepted any sort of responsibility or liability for this uncoordinated chaos. Then my luggage took over two hours to find at Jo'burg Airport. Definitely an airline to avoid.
RouteDurban to Jo'burg

Review by (South Africa) 28th April 2015

I flew from Jo'burg to Cape Town flight 6427 on 23rd April 2014 at 16h00. My travel agent due to being diabetic always books me an aisle seat so I can get up and move for circulation. I also recently had a hand operation and this aisle seat helped me to keep my hand away from other passengers. I checked in and got the seat my agent booked. As I boarded I was told I was moved to a middle seat. When I queried this I was greeted with a bad attitude and was told they needed my seat for a disabled person. When I explained my medical condition and my operation I was told I could wait for another flight if I did not want to take the middle seat. When I got on the plane the person in my seat was not even disabled. When I approached the stewards my complaints was brushed aside. Poor attitude by staff.

Review by (South Africa) 28th April 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th January 2015

Johannesburg to Cape Town Business class. Aircraft non operational so 2 hour delay whilst replacement aircraft prepared. Aircraft old and poor condition of seat and toilets. Speaking to ground staff its apparent that delays are frequent due to mechanical issues with old aircraft. Return flight also delayed by 1 hour. According to pilot the aircraft in JNB also non operational and requiring replacement. As before old aircraft tatty condition. Poor reliability.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th January 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st October 2014

Flew from Jo'burg to Victoria Falls in Zim. BA check in was very smooth and efficient. Turns out the BA lounge is not open during the day and we were directed to a third party lounge which was very nice indeed (better that the Galleries lounge that BA operate). We had to take a bus to get to our plane which was fine and efficiently done. The plane was an old BA badged 737-400 I suspect a reject from European operations. But plane was clean and well presented. We were given a choice of hot meals which I have to say was very tasty and well presented on the outbound leg. The inbound was not quite as nice but still acceptable. Both flights were packed to rafters with not a seat spare but staff coped very well. It would be good to see Comair get some new planes as the old cast offs from BA are really showing their age now.

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st October 2014

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th August 2014

BA 6275 1 August 2014 JNB-Windhoek. BA 6274 15 August 2014 Windhoek-JNB. We recently flew Comair franchise flights between Johannesburg and Windhoek the livery was BA excellent service clean and comfortable 737 on schedule hot meal served with choice of wines.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th August 2014

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th May 2014

JNB to PLZ. Very good service on this lunch-time flight. Stewardess handled the issue of removing an under-age passenger from the exit row behind us with perfect tact. Tasty hot meal served efficiently (in contrast to SAA which is just a sandwich) and very fast baggage delivery.