Top 100 Airlines

Blue Islands

"had to drop to Flybe standards"

Verified Review | Southampton to Guernsey. Really disappointing now that they are incorporated to Flybe. Previously flew this route often with Blue Islands, always good service and on time. Now, impossible to book with free baggage, prices increased, less staff at Southampton and bundled in with other rest of Flybe flights so long check in queues. I understand that airlines need to adapt and move with the times, but why Blue Islands have had to drop to Flybe standards I don't know. Onboard service ok, but expensive/ poor selection food and drink. Would rather have the old lounges and tiny planes back! Would recommend flying Aurigny from London or Bristol instead!
AircraftATR32
RouteSOU to GCI
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight was not operating"

(Luxembourg)

Verified Review | I booked flights for my boss and 2 colleagues with Blue Islands to fly to Jersey on Tuesday 23/5/16 on a flight due to depart at 14.40. I booked the flights online on 27/4/16 and checked them in online on 22/5/16. When they arrived at London City on Tuesday they were told by airport staff that Blue Islands have changed to their summer schedule and that the 14.40 flight does not operate any longer. Not only was I able to book the flights less than a month ago, I was also able to check them in online and print boarding passes for a flight that was not operating. We received no message whatsoever that the schedule had changed and in fact they are still selling this flight on their website. I've had no response to date to any of my emails or voicemail messages left with their 'Customer Care' department. My colleagues also informed me that there is no Blue Islands desk in London City Airport.
RouteLCY to JER
Date FlownDecember 2015

"expect much better customer service"

Absolutely appalling. Blue Islands changed my booking less than 24 hours before the flight from Bristol to Jersey by 3 hours on the way out 4 hours on my return journey. They didn't have the courtesy to call me to ensure that I received this important message, and did not apologise in their email and neither have they apologised subsequently, despite writing a complaint. The actual flight was very loud, but apart from that is adequate. But with such high prices you would expect much better customer service and it appears as this is completely lacking.
RouteBristol to Jersey
Date FlownMay 2016

"very unhelpful offers"

Saturday afternoon phone call to say Monday's Blue Islands flight (23rd May) from London City to Jersey was cancelled. No emails, no messages, lucky I picked up the phone call. Very unhelpful offers of other flights far too early or far too late. Shambolic, trip ruined, what a rubbish airline.
RouteLCY to JER
Date FlownMay 2016

"I could not check in online"

Blue Islands Airline has a poor Website and I could not check in online. No problem with British Airways, EasyJet or Flybe. Phoned up Blue Island Customer services. Dreadful customer service, just left waiting on hold. Only one carrier between Jersey and Guernsey, so much for competition. The customer services representative told me to queue up at the airport for a boarding pass.
RouteJER to GCI
Date FlownMarch 2016

"would fly with them again"

Jersey to Guernsey. When I was looking for flights to Guernsey, I originally chose Flybe, but the return trip was cancelled so I was forced to go Blue Islands. The staff at check in were very friendly and efficient and the lounge was fantastic with free coffee and biscuits. ATR42-320 cabin was lovely with comfortable seats and flight was on time. The only thing I didn't like was the price. It was a 10-15 minute flight, but the fare was £60 per person per way! And they charge £29 per person per way to get from Jersey to London! I would fly with them again.
AircraftATR 42-320
RouteJER to GCI
Date FlownDecember 2015

"company in grave and terminal distress"

My Blue Islands Southampton to Guernsey flight was cancelled due to fog last Sunday which was bad weather luck. I emailed Blue Island that evening to cancel my Monday return flight and to ask for a refund. I also tried phoning but gave up after 20 minutes in the queue. Today is Wednesday and I am in Guernsey Airport. They have not yet replied to my email. When I go to their website they state that I am unable to 'manage my booking' for that cancelled flight, and there is no refund option on the page. I have tried phoning Blue Island again today several times, and after a 10 minute wait I left my phone number for a call back. None so far. It makes no difference which dialling menu option I choose, I get the same braying idiot recorded message telling me I'm in a queue. Actually I think the recorded message would be more truthful if it told me that there's no one there to answer my call. Now, I would have thought I could find a Blue Islands employee at Guernsey airport but there isn't one. Their customer service desk is manned by Aurigny who are able only to give me the same phone number and email address for Blue Islands. There is a courtesy phone, but this only reaches the same braying idiot. My experience has many of the characteristics of finding a company in grave and terminal distress.
RouteSouthampton to Guernsey
Date FlownNovember 2015

"very poor service"

Blue Islands provide Ryanair quality for British Airways prices. They didn't load our checked bag onto the plane because they'd sold too many seats. Absolutely no information until we arrived in Jersey to our surprise. Very poor service getting our bags back - if we did not chase, we would not have heard anything. I would never voluntarily fly with them again.
RouteLondon City to Jersey
Date FlownOctober 2015

"Avoid at all costs"

A truly horrible experience. I was visiting from Australia in August 2015 and spent one night on Guernsey visiting an old friend. My outward journey had been with Flybe and was pleasant and uneventful; sadly, my return journey was with Blue Islands. Both flights had been booked online through Opodo on 20 April 2015 - 4 months before the trip. On the afternoon of my departure, my friend took me to the airport in plenty of time for my 16.15 flight back to Southampton. I checked in and was given my Boarding Pass. A little later than scheduled, we were called to board our flight and all left the Departure Lounge. We stood for half an hour with no information about why we weren't boarding the plane. Eventually somebody came and told us that "the technical fault is much worse than we thought". As this was the first we had heard about a technical fault, we were somewhat surprised. Another 40 minutes later, three of the passengers were called to the desk, myself being one of them. We were informed that the plane couldn’t fly, that the replacement plane was smaller and therefore three of us were being thrown off the flight with no promise of when we would be put on another flight. We all had boarding passes in our hands. I asked how they had chosen which passengers to evict and was told that we had been the last three to check in. I asked whether we had all checked in within the required time period and the staff confirmed that yes, we had indeed checked in within that time. When I asked to speak to a Duty Manager I was told that all Blue Islands staff in Guernsey had been made redundant and so there was no staff member available to speak to. I finally boarded a flight at 9.15 that night, got back to Southampton at 10. The person who had been going to meet me at 5.00 could not come at that time so I then paid 30 pounds for a taxi to Portsmouth as it was late and I was a 60 year old woman alone and did not want to start looking for trains. And in the 5 hours than I spent hanging around after my scheduled departure, they did not supply me with so much as a bottle of water. That night I had been going to have dinner with my niece who was leaving the UK early the next morning. Obviously I didn’t see her. I hadn’t seen her for two years and have no idea when I next will. Avoid at all costs.
RouteGuernsey to Southampton
Date FlownAugust 2015

Blue Islands customer review

SI257 2 June 2015. Dreadful. Now that they have a near monopoly on the Southampton - Guernsey route they are putting fares higher and higher and cancelling where pax levels are low. The mid afternoon flight from Southampton to Guernsey seems to suffer a high degree of last minute "operational reason" problems. Today told cancelled due to fog. Rubbish. Guernsey has poor weather but above legal limits for flying. I phoned customer services who were not bothered and said the aircraft were running late and hence combined the flights. Funny how a company takes advantage as soon as they have a controlling market share!