Arkia Israeli Airlines

"uncomfortable seats"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Stansted. Old plane, uncomfortable seats, disgusting food. Now have to fly back with them and can't get anyone from customer service to answer me a simple request for a change of date. Also in Israel they are known to have very bad customer service.
RouteTel Aviv to Stansted
Date FlownJune 2018

"just an awful airline"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Flew Tel Aviv to Stansted. Arkia Israeli Airlines is just an awful airline. Website can offer no more than booking. Check-in is only available at a counter in the airport, so no seats can be chosen before. If baggage has not arrived you may find your baggage in another country (no info on the website regarding baggage). Hope mine will arrive soon. Ground service cannot provide any information on delayed flights. All they can say - You have to wait!
RouteTel Aviv to Stansted
Date FlownApril 2018

"I lost 3 vacation days"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Paris. I took 3 vacation days to travel to a wedding in Paris. This airline cancelled my outgoing flight, so instead of 5AM, I left at 3PM, thus missing one entire day in Paris. For the return, they changed the departure time from 1:30 in the morning Friday, to 10:30 Thursday evening, thus causing me to miss the entire wedding reception on Thursday evening, which was the purpose of my trip! They refused to cancel/refund my ticket - so I could reschedule with another airline, and refused to compensate me in any way. (I bought my ticket through Expedia. Expedia explained my situation to Arkia, but they refused to refund me). Basically I lost 3 vacation days, spent the entire first day in the airport, and missed most of the wedding celebrations.
RouteTel Aviv to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Absolutely awful experience"

Verified Review | Absolutely awful experience with Arkia Israeli Airlines flying from Larnaca to Tbilisi via Tel Aviv. Arrived in the airport and told that my onward flight (Tel Aviv-Tbilisi) leg was cancelled, but I had the choice to fly to Tel Aviv anyway. Flew to Tel Aviv but my luggage got lost. Spent 2 hours filing a report as British Airways and Delta passengers had priority. Company rebooked me on the later flight and it was oldest airplane I have ever been in, falling apart and smelling like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Worst part, it's been 4 days and I have no idea where my suitcase is. No option to call and find out, all emails and messages are ignored!
RouteLarnaca to Tbilisi via Tel Aviv
Date FlownJune 2017

"for domestic flights I would use Arkia"

(Azerbaijan)

I decided to fly Arkia Israeli Airlines, on Eilat - Tel Aviv route which just less that an hour flight distance, unlike 6 hours bus trip. Arkia Airlines had daily flights mostly operated by ATR 72 and Boeing757. Flights which are operated by B757 is considered "low cost" and one-way trip costs as few as 40$. Everything went smoothly while booking online and web site is user friendly. Low cost segment did not include checked baggage so you have 2 options either to pay while booking (5$) or pay at the airport (8$). Ground service at ETH airport was working quite efficiently. However I experienced one of the most strange security system ever. So basically in front of the terminal building if you do not have Israeli appearance security officers stop you and ask you some questions (like who are you, where do you travel to etc). After this he follows to another security officer for interviewing. Basically they ask you tons of questions about your trip especially if you are a foreigner like me. If you have been to any Arabic countries then questions will continue till "what was you room number at this particular destination" etc. I am writing this because this "process" will take at least half an hour. So give yourself plenty of time. Except this security process check in was problem-free then I proceed to gate. Eilat airport is very small with one or two coffee shop and is able to accomondate maximum 150 people at once. There was no sign of destination on screens at gate. But I could easily manage it as there were just 3 gates. Finally flight departed on time (3 minutes earlier even). Aircraft was old but well maintained Boeing 757. Actual flight lasted 35 minutes. Complimentary water, tea and coffee was served by very friendly crew members. I requested for refill no problems. Tight seats were ok for such a short flight. A toilet was basically equipped and clean. At Ben Gurion airport it arrived at Terminal 1. We transferred to terminal building by 2 two buses so no crushes. Finally free shuttle bus is operating between terminal 1 and terminal 3 where most of international flight are departing. So I could easily catch my flight back home. Overall experience is satisfactory. For domestic flights I would again use Arkia without hesitation but for international flight I would think twice as they operate same aircraft for flights to/from Europe.
RouteETH to TLV
Date FlownSeptember 2015

(Israel)

TLV-ETH-TLV. Going over on Embraer 95, full flight, seats are ok, crew friendly, only water served as 30 min flight. Return Eilat to TLV in an ATR72, also full flight. 30 minutes delay in Eilat due to poor management of gates, they got passengers going to Sde Dov on our flight and had to get them off. This stupidity could have been avoided if the the gate agent would have listened to passengers (including me) asking him why a flight to TLV Ben Gurion Airport is boarding from a gate showing "Sde Dov". He just dismissed our questions with a grin. Obviously his irresponsible attitude cost the airline a 30 min delay, and 30 minutes for us sitting in a non air-conditioned cabin in 40c temp. Service during the flight was juice, cola, water and snacks. Crew friendly,and in good mood.
AircraftE195/ATR72
RouteTel Aviv to Eilat
Date FlownAugust 2015

Arkia Israeli Airlines customer review

Short flight from TLV-AMM. Check-in agents friendly and courteous. Flight boarded from a bus driven from a ground-level gate that was very warm. Seats were small, overhead lockers dirty with scratches and seat covers had seen better days. Flight attendants passed out crackers after we boarded then gave out water inflight. We arrived about 15 minutes early and were bused into the terminal at AMM. I would fly again only because their schedule allowed me to leave TLV at 5.30pm and arrive in AMM before sundown. However, I would think twice about connecting over TLV, the transit area was closed when I arrived, and I had to stand in line for over an hour at passport control to go check in upstairs.
AircraftATR-72
RouteTLV to AMM
Date FlownJuly 2015

Arkia Israeli Airlines customer review

Flight 2822 26 Mar 2015. Does a fine job getting people on board giving them a drink and landing safely. As Israel's traditional 'inland' airline the best you can hope for is comfortable seat (its comfortable enough at least on the 757 that I rode) reasonable timliness and a glass of water on a 35 minute flight. All provided.

(Israel)

Flew from Tel Aviv SDV to Eilat ETH and back in February 2015. SDV-ETH with ATR-72 a 40 minute flight. Service was a cold drink and crackers. ETH-SDV with Embraer-195 30 minutes. Opted for business class for 40 shekels extra and it was worth it: Got a sandwich salad and a cereal bar. There was an open bar like on international flights. This service is currently available only on Embraer operated flights. Both flights were on time and the FA were very nice.

Arkia Israeli Airlines customer review

TLV-CDG. The plane was supposed to leave at 1.20 pm but a combination of security delays and plane problems (the plane's electricity supply shut off suddenly during the safety video showing) had us leave the terminal at around 1.45. That was deemed to be too late for a take off as Ben Gurion airport shuts off every night. We were brought back to the crowded terminal area where we slept on the floor on a cramped area with only one restroom and finally left at 5 am. Only a very few apologies very clumsy ones at that were addressed to the passengers. Food was cadaverous (a soft drink and a disgusting-looking plastic-wrapped sandwich). No compensation for the incident I will never fly with them again.