Arkefly

Review by (Netherlands)

I was traveling for work to and from Amsterdam to Samos. I was seated on the first row with (even for the B737-8) a lot of space for my legs. Slept almost the whole time so for me this was a perfect flight. Cabin crew were very professional!

Review by (Netherlands)

AMS-AUA-AMS. I regularly fly ArkeFly between Europe and the Antilles and what a huge difference between the old and worn 767-300 with barely enough space to breathe and the new 787-800 with more spacious seats PTV and a so much better experience. Furthermore the crew seems to enjoy the Dreamliner much more and even smiles are being made! Also the time of always being delayed also seems to be over. ArkeFly improved a lot with the Dreamliner and I even prefer Arkefly above KLM now as long as they fly the Dreamliner.

Review by (Germany)

Flight Cancun-Amsterdam October 2014. Aircraft was changed and passengers like us who had bought comfort class were downgraded to economy. Flight was a nightmare with screaming kids and non-existent flight attendants. Crew blocked some comfort class seats for themselves while passengers who had paid for them flew economy. Do not fly with them!

Review by (Netherlands)

I flew from Schiphol to Jamaica with ArkeFly. The aircraft was old dirty and noisy. There was minimal legroom which can make a long haul flight very uncomfortable. But the worst part was the flight attendants never have I ever met so many rude flight attendants during one flight. As a passenger you are expected to feel very sorry that you came to disturb the flight attendants during their flight. If you ask for pillow or blanket all you get back is very rude words and eye-rolling you don't feel like a paying customer at all. Also the flight attendants didn't speak English even when I told them that I don't understand Dutch. Unfortunately I cannot recommend ArkeFly to anyone.

Review by (Netherlands)

Flew Amsterdam - Aruba - Amsterdam (OR363 and OR 364) in July 2014. The outbound flight was on one of the old 767-300's a noticeably old and used aircraft (approx. 25 y/o). The seats in economy provide just enough legroom and you indeed have to pay for everything. Since the flight was only around €50 cheaper than the KLM alternative I would not recommend this one especially due to the old and noisy aircraft the charter flight customers (many crying children) and relatively inattentive crew. However the return flight was a brand new 787 Dreamliner aircraft in which I chose to fly Star Class. The difference is huge. The aircraft is quiet spacious and the seats and service in Star Class are much like Business Class with other premium airlines. You pay €270 for an upgrade which is decent value for money. All in all I would only fly Arkefly (long distance) again if it would be in the 787.

Review by (Canada)

Flight # 396/395: We flew from Toronto to Amsterdam in August. The flight was terrible. We requested 3 vegetarian meals. We did not get our vegan meal until our return to Toronto and to add insult to injury they provided only two meals. Then the steward decided to inform me it was my fault I did not order for 3 passengers. I have proof the request was made for three passengers. Instead of apologizing for the error they diverted the error onto me. For a 10 hour flight and for the price I paid I expected better food drink and entertainment. I'll never recommend Arkefly.

Review by (Netherlands)

OR365 27/2/14. OR366 13/3/14. We flew from Amsterdam to Bonaire in March 2014. The flight itself was ok but for the price we paid we expected better food and drink than we received. For the 10 hour overnight return flight we waited 2 hours for a small dinner (without drinks service in between) including one tea/coffee/juice. That was it! The only other drinks service was in the morning (2 hours before landing while most people were still asleep) where we had to pay for tea or coffee! We also had to pay extra for the Entertainment system which had a very poor selection.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (Netherlands)

Flew Amsterdam - Orlando - Miami. There are many signs that Arkefly is simply not a proper airline but just a charter operator. It goes beyond the nickle and diming that other airlines do although Arkefly takes it to a new level. The fun started a day before flying: a text message that the plane would be departing two hours late. On with the seat assignments: you have to pay for those and in a strange move you can't check in online unless you paid for a seat. At the check-in counter they had to call operations for a half hour to get me a seat only for me to find out on the plane it didn't exist. The other thing I found is that the plane was quite old (no proper overhead luggage storage) and seats were cramped old and hard as a rock. Charter flight so lots of really loud crying kids. Up to you if you mind. I flew economy comfort leg room is pretty good. As others mention everything has to be paid for except one meal and drink. No complaints there I knew that was the case and I feel that prices were reasonable. By the way don't bother to pay for IFE the selection is pretty useless. Less palatable was the fact that we were significantly delayed due to two passengers being not being admitted to the US at Orlando (stopover en-route to Miami) who were promptly put back on the plane to fly to Miami and onward to Amsterdam. If Arkefly would do passengers pre-checks in Amsterdam like grown-up airlines this wouldn't have happened.

Review by (Netherlands)

It is a terrible airline. I flew from Amsterdam to Sanford Orlando. The seats were just terrible. You have to pay for everything. I flew comfort and I expected to have more extras then economy but it was just the same. You only get one meal and water. If you would like a snack or just a coke you will pay for it. I couldn't sit properly in my seat I had to turn myself and lay on my side. Because otherwise I would have been seated at my fellow passengers lap. I do not recommend this airline. And please do not consider to upgrade your flight it isn't worth it. The crew is very unprofessional and will help you with nothing. It's all self service.

Review by (Netherlands)

Orlando Sanford - Amsterdam September 27 2013. We flew back to Amsterdam with a 767-300 with winglets. The service on board of the personnel is professional. Legroom in Economy too. We reserved seats in the middle row they have the same leg room as economy comfort the latter is more expensive and has nothing more to offer than economy. The problem with this airline is not the legroom but the seat width. 16" is way too narrow for such a long flight. We two adult males (5'11") who sport a lot not overweight sat shoulder to shoulder. We had to move our body the whole time because the seats are extremely narrow. People at the window seats had less legroom but can rest against the window so they had more comfort. The narrow seats made the flight very tiring and stressing. We knew Arkefly is cheap but we didn't expect this. They cram one extra seat in width so instead of a normal 2-3-2 you get a 2-4-2 A330/787 setup in a narrow 767. Together with having to pay for every drink or additional food this made a very uncomfortable flight. Even the coffee had to be paid for only water was for free but that tap was next to the toilets and looked dirty with calcium attached. So despite the professionalism of the cabin crew we will never ArkeFly again. We read somewhere Arke is going to cram also an extra seat in de 787 like this. Their 787 goes from 2-4-2 to 3-3-3 777 setup. Horrible! In the end with paying extra for drinks and food and reserving a seat we were better off with United or Delta.