Alaska Airlines

Review by (United States) 26th July 2015

Checked into Alaska Airlines at the Santa Rosa airport 2 hours before take off. The plane was 30 minutes late. Because they were late they decided to rush boarding and instead of the allotted 30 minutes it was more like 10-15 minutes. My 70 year mom and dad were right behind us in security. My husband and I got through security and we were rushed to get on the plane. I told them there were 2 more behind us. They decided to just cut the line there and didn't let them board! To top it off I was worried about my 70 year old mom (she was upset and crying) so I asked the flight attendant about my mom and dad not being on the plane. She snapped at me that it was too bad, and that they probably weren't there on time. I responded that we checked into the airport 2 hours previously. She said rudely, 'so?'. My mom ended up having to fly out of her way north to Seattle and them back down to San Diego to make it in time. Horrible airline, insensitive staff, rude, and couldn't care less about their customers and how they treat then.
RouteSanta Rosa to San Diego

Review by (Qatar) 23rd July 2015

Short one and half hour flight, seats were comfortable, very friendly staff from check in until we disembarked and we were given a free snack and drinks.
AircraftBombardier Q400
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSeattle to Bozemon

Review by (United States) 15th July 2015

Flew down to Louisville from Anchorage with a stop at ORD on the way. Bumped up to First again which was nice. Crew was great, plane clean and on time. I found nothing to complain about and arrived relaxed and pleased with the service. O'Hare airport in Chicago was a zoo. It was as crowded and noisy as Atlanta always seems to be. I went to the American Admirals Club and mellowed out for a few hours - fine service there and the views of the aircraft was a plus. Flight to SDF on American Eagle was fine - the E-175 they use was quite a nice aircraft for this short trip, great views from the large windows on board. The return trip back to ANC began again at SDF to ORD, same plane as above, fine service, nice crew etc. I was routed to Portland from Chicago this time. All went well, I was seated in economy and had no complaints. I purchased the movie viewer and was well entertained. Great service too. The flight to ANC was near perfect. Only problem encountered was that our luggage was about thirty five minutes late getting to us. I put in and received my 2500 free air miles for that issue. All in all, flights were fine, crews were great and on time for all sectors. I feel Alaska should move up to a 4 Star rating.
RouteANC to SDF via ORD

Review by (Taiwan) 12th July 2015

One way, PDX-LAX. Everything was smooth sailing. Seats were comfortable, staff were great, and the flight was on time. I also like the electrical outlets in the seats. The big disappointment was the food. Nothing substantial on this flight except cookies and a small bag of pretzels. They made such a big deal about their cookies. I would have preferred an option such as fruit or cheese and crackers. I don't really know what they are thinking with this. I would have given them a 10 if not for the snack issue.
RoutePDX to LAX

Review by (United States) 11th July 2015

LAX-SEA on the 737-800. Flew on 4th of July and the atmosphere on-board was festive and friendly. Flight attendants interacted with the passengers. Purser was lovely. The crew was probably one of the best and most friendly I have flown with. They went above and beyond when I realized I had left my jacket at the lounge and made sure I got it back. Seats comfortable with plenty of space for the 2-hour flight. Food and beverage selection was extensive. Excellent snack of pasta with marinara sauce, beans, along with with a salad which was fresh. Overall, a wonderful flight. Good lounge, excellent service, great food and comfortable seats.
RouteLAX to SEA

Review by (United States) 21st June 2015

Just returned to the Greatland having flown what is now my favorite airline once again. Departed ANC at 5 am and arrived ontime in SEA. I was bumped up to First due to my Gold status which I appreciate. The service was fine, the plane clean and all in all nothing to complain about. The trip to Redmond was on Horizon, a Q-400. No problems with anything here. If there was one thing though it would be the seats on the Q do not adjust at all. I wish they would but understand why they don't. The return trip was great on both legs. The crew was very impressive with their customer service.
RouteANC to RDM via SEA

Review by (United States) 18th May 2015

Returned recently from a trip to SEA from ANC and SDF (on Am Eagle) to ORD then onto ANC. All flights were well run affairs with fine crews and great service. I flew First and when I get upgraded I always enjoy the experience. I am however more than pleased when I do not move up as the rest of the plane service crew does a fine job. I have yet to be unhappy with this airline since I have returned to using it on all my flights out and back to the Greatland. I have about six more flights scheduled in the next half year and I plan to fly them every time. Please keep it up!

Review by (United States) 16th May 2015

Flight 893 9 May. I don't fly Alaska at all as my loyalties are with another airline at present because of frequent flier status. I flew last Saturday night at 9.45pm from Seattle to Oakland. What a difference in customer service. From the very start in the airport - their employees seemed gracious. The agents at the departure gate seemed relaxed and most affable as I watched them before our boarding call. My mainline carrier I usually fly - the employees always seem "put out" when they are interrupted from their computers. Inflight was pleasant. Flight attendants who seemed happy. If Alaska Airlines flew where I needed to go - they would have won me over.

Review by (Australia) 11th May 2015

Flight AS838 on 6 May. Flew Alaska from Honolulu to Oakland on 6 May. I was not expecting much for the cost of the first class ticket and was pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was not old (737-800) seat was spacious enough for a 5 hour day time flight. Meal was good and a nice linen service. Even the wine served was quite good and topped up regularly if you wished without having to ask. Crew were friendly and efficient. Even check in was quick and efficient. Overall a good experience and I think worth the extra for first class for this length flight. I rate it as highly as some domestic Australian business class flights I've had so it was quite good.

Review by (United States) 27th April 2015

Upgraded to first class for our flight from SEA to DFW. Had seen Tom Douglas in the news lately talking his about the new menu he created for all Alaska flights. Our breakfast going down and dinner coming back was awful looking awful smelling and awful tasting. Many in 1st class that had the dinner on the return did not eat it. Even FA said she was embarrassed to be serving this meal. The spinach had a nasty smell to it.