Vote Now

Alaska Airlines

"customer service agent very rude"

Verified Review | Alaska Airlines is the worst that I have flown on. Not only did they give up my seat from Seattle to Anchorage, the gate employee and the customer service agent was very rude. They didn't offer anything to fix the problem and rebooked me for a flight 6 hours later than my original, middle seat, after I have been flying for about 18 hours.
RouteSeattle to Anchorage
Date FlownApril 2017

"one of the worst experiences"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to San Francisco. I've made a point to fly Alaska Airlines most of my flight for its previous customer service reputation. I booked a flight first class using mileage in April 2017 and realized how terrible this airline has become. They cancelled my flight two days prior to departure and I received no notification or rebooking. I spoke with customer service the day prior after trying to check in and the agent was rude, short, and told me no I can't find anything to rebook you on. I asked her to check other airlines as this was their mistake and she said no. It was one of the worst experiences in 30 years of flying. Sad because Alaska Airlines used to be my airline.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2017

"Alaska Airlines is a standout"

Verified Review | Seattle to Victoria. In these days of poor airline customer service, Alaska Airlines is a standout! Our 11:20pm flight from Seattle to Victoria had to be cancelled due to maintenance issues. As soon as they informed passengers about the cancellation, they already had a plan in place - everyone was a accommodated in hotels & vouchers given for food. No waiting around, no fuss! Thank you Alaska Airlines!
RouteSeattle to Victoria
Date FlownApril 2017

"a great airline overall"

Verified Review | Los Cabos to San Francisco. Alaska Airlines is a great airline overall. Their service and staff, flight attendants are very nice and helpful. Entertainment can be good depending on which aircraft you go on. If you are on a flight longer than 3.5 hours, then you can rent their entertainment tablet for around $8 or $10. This includes free movies and games. If your flight is under that, then bring your own device and download the Gogo app before departing. You will be able to watch free movies if your airline has wifi. It's great that they have power outlets. Wifi is expensive at $16. You don't have to purchase wifi in order to watch entertainment on your device. The seats are a little smaller than some airlines and not the most comfortable. But they do recline pretty far back. It will be interesting to see what happens when Virgin America merges with Alaska Airlines.
RouteLos Cabos to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2017

"great crew, clean plane, wonderful service"

Unverified | My wife and I recently flew to Kona, HI from Anchorage, AK. Prior to boarding we took in the Alaska Boardroom and enjoyed our time there. We flew in the Premium Economy section and had no complaints. The food was fine as was the service. The aircraft was clean and the flight was smooth. Upon landing in Kona we went to pick up our bags but as luck would have it, ours and 40 other folks did not have any! As it turned out, these bags were left in Anchorage. Something to do with weight, headwinds or whatever. This was not something that we expected and we were not pleased but Alaska did try to meet our needs somewhat. We were offered either a coupon for $100 off a future ticket or 4 thousand miles on our Mileage Plan. I took the miles as did my wife. Our luggage was delivered the next afternoon. There were some folks who were quite upset over this and I felt bad for the employees having to try to meet their needs. Our stay in Kona was not good due to sickness for the entire 11 days but I must say it was a beautiful place, we plan to return and stay where we were this time. Kona is not a bad place to be sick I must admit! Our return trip went through Seattle and again we were in P/E section. Everything was fine, again a great crew, clean plane and wonderful service. We had a short time in SEA and then off to Anchorage. No problems encountered onboard. This plane had not been upgraded with the Premium section but we were fine. All in all, things were fine.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteANC to KOA
Date FlownApril 2017

"Alaska Airlines scam of premium seating"

Verified Review | Salt Lake City to Honolulu. Been trying to resolve this with Alaska Airlines since we got to Hawaii but they still aren't so I'm going to put this out there for my friends & family. I tried to do something awesome for my mom since it was her birthday and her first time to Hawaii so I upgraded our seats to "premium". Premium seats are terrible for the following reasons: If I can't store my carry on under the seat in front of me because it's a row behind first class which only has 2 seats then the seat isn't premium. If I have the "first class curtain" hanging in my lap and in my face every time someone walks through it then it's not a premium seat. If I have to go from row 7 all the way to the back of the plane to the lavatory, then the seat isn't premium. If it says I get chocolates, almonds & cranberries & what I get is 1 square of dark chocolate, a snack size bag of blue almonds (approximately $0.50) and a snack size bag of ocean spray cranberries (approximately $0.50) then it's not premium. If it says to power up with a power outlet at every seat but every seat on the whole plane has one including the regular fare seats then it's not premium. When it say complimentary drinks but the attendant comes by once the whole flight that's not premium. When it says I can recline but the seats only go back as far as the normal seats then it's not premium. When your web site advertises premium upgrades starting at $15 but I had to pay $150 per ticket, I should've already known it wasn't going to be a premium experience. Please do not fall for Alaska Airlines scam of premium seating!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSalt Lake City to Honolulu
Date FlownMarch 2017

"When I booked it was a direct flight "

Verified Review | Seattle to Petersburg. Once aboard the plane, we had a stop in Ketchikan, before going on to Wrangler and to Petersburg. When I booked the tickets it was a direct flight to Petersburg. I found out that it was not at thw airport. Then they made us gather our stuff and made us move to different seats at Ketchikan. I think a warning that that was going to happen would have been nice. In this age of technology I would think that should not happen. That we should have been able to stay in the seats we started in. Disappointed.
RouteSeattle to Petersburg
Date FlownMarch 2017

"attendants really kind and friendly"

Verified Review | San Diego to Newark. When I first got to the airport, I saw a 90 minute delay. I wasn't that happy, but Alaska Airlines kept us informed and boarded us as quickly as possible. Soon after the plane took off, they began the service. The snacks were good and they came around with drinks three times during the flight. I ordered one of their Signature fruit and cheese platters and I was shocked about how good it was. The flight attendants were really kind and friendly and seemed like that they loved their jobs. One thing I wasn't too happy about was that their IFE had a limited selection of programs and that you had to download this terrible app to use it. The flight was 4 hours and 19 minutes and would absolutely fly with them again.
RouteSan Diego to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"hesitant to use Alaska again"

Verified Review | Seattle to Los Angeles. My flight was delayed and I missed several connecting flights, had to pay for a hostel I didn't stay in, a hotel for layover, missed my ride, missed classes, wasted a day of vacation, and have no time to settle in with my host family. I get that stuff happens but doing all you can to fix a wrong is appreciated and good costumer service. Alaska Airlines staff repeatedly told me it wasn't their fault but I'm the customer and it wasn't my fault either. If you provide a service sub par make it right and don't make a costumer feel like it was their mistake or that they have to pay for a mistake they didn't cause. I paid for a hotel and would have had to pay too much to get on the next flight out. That is unreasonable. I will be hesitant to use Alaska again.
RouteSeattle to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a nice travel experience"

Unverified | Seattle to Ronald Reagan Washington Airport. Comfortable, clean, on time, great FAs. A direct service to Washington DCA Airport so short taxi ride to Capitol. Just a nice travel experience as always. Boardroom at Seattle is falling below the standards now set by the Amex Centurion lounge and the new Delta lounge - but no big deal.
Cabin FlownFirst Class