Alaska Airlines

"First (and last time) flying Alaskan"

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled the morning of due to mechanical issues, so I missed a shift at work and couldn't find anyone to pick me up later in the day (hence why I choose my flight). Not too terrible. Got bumped to the next morning, only problem is that they sent me to Seattle first to catch a connecting flight to Sacramento. The gates were wrong, I missed my connecting flight and now I'm stuck in Seattle. First (and last time) flying Alaskan.
RouteSan Diego to Sacramento
Date FlownJuly 2018

"staff refuses to give the update"

Not Verified | This trip is part of my roundtrip back to SFO from NY. While I understand there may be issues with airplanes from time to time, it’s sad to see the poor level of customer service coming from the Alaska attendants at our gates. The flight continues to be delayed with them not giving people an update. If you want to keep everyone happy, you should consider updating as much as possible over the PA. This is also known as communication. People shouldn’t have to tell each other what is happening because the staff refuses to give the update. I will admit they have announced it but it’s about every 1-2 hours.
RouteNew York City to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2018

"will never fly them again"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Seattle. Our flight was scheduled in the morning. When we got to our gate they informed us the plane had to have maintenance done and that the flight would be delayed for one hour. After an hour, they delayed another hour. This continued for 8 hours in the airport (even getting to an annoying every 10 minutes or so boarding time change). Once we finally got on the flight, our tray tables were broken and the net that was supposed to hold our belongings was torn to shreds so we had to put all of our snacks in the overhead. My chair cushion was also broken so it would continually slide forward and make me incredibly uncomfortable. The plane was only half full because at this time many passengers had gone on other planes. They would not allow me to switch to a seat that was not torn up despite the vast vacancy on the plane. I will never fly them again, like one reviewer said they are worse than the cheap airlines.
RouteLos Angeles to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2018

"worse than the cheap airlines"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Las Vegas. Going to Vegas to celebrate my daughter's birthday flight cancelled. I was on an hour's flight they rerouted us Seattle to Las Vegas 5 and 1/2 hours. No food no compensation major attitude saying that's the best we can do. We lost the money for the hotel which was expensive and we lost all of our activities that we had today we now will not get to Vegas until after 1am in the morning once again no food no drink. They said sorry that's the best we can do. Will never fly Alaska Airlines again they are worse than the cheap airlines.
RouteSan Francisco to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2018

"staff were friendly and kind"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Ketchikan. Amazing people working for this airline. My daughter flew by herself to Alaska and the staff were friendly and kind to her. I honestly felt safe leaving my daughter in their care. She said the flight was awesome. Thank you Alaska Airlines.
RouteSeattle to Ketchikan
Date FlownJuly 2018

"used to be a good airline"

c✅ Trip Verified | Seattle to Santa Ana. This used to be a good airline. Their current policies are changing and causing agents to lie at the gate. I was so disappointed after I got BS thrown at me today so that they can ding me an extra $50. Definitely not a good customer experience.
RouteSeattle to Santa Ana
Date FlownJune 2018

"decided to take a re-route"

Trip Verified | Denver to Seattle. Horrible airline! It’s supposedly one of the better airlines, but it’s a huge myth. The flight was not only delayed for more than 2 hours, but suddenly it decided to take a re-route via Spokane for re-fuel. They should refund the $$ that I spent on my ticket. A travel of 2.5 hours from Denver to Seattle ended up being a 6 hour one.
RouteDenver to Seattle
Date FlownJune 2018

"canceled our flight home"

Trip Verified | Portland to Honolulu. Never flying Alaskan Airlines again. I have a membership with them I will be canceling. They canceled our flight home and wanted us to say 2 more days in a terrible hotel, luckily we were able to get a flight with Hawaiian Airlines Home the next day. I called to see about compensation for the fact that we had to pay for our checked bag with Hawaiian and both of us had to call into work. Not to mention the fact that we were stuck at the airport for 3 hours tell we were helped. It’s crazy to me that they will not pay for there mistake we bought the protection plan and they told us they will still not be compensating us. I used there card all the time, hope it’s worth losing costumers over a few hundred dollars they cost us by canceling the flight.
RoutePortland to Honolulu

Alaska Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | I paid more than $300 for first class ticket from Santa Ana to San Francisco and when I booked for my ticket no one informed me that i have to take shuttle from San Jose airport to go to SCO. I only found it out when I was checking in and they said i should arrive to shuttle at 2.30. Obviously I thought the shuttle bus will be ready when i arrive at the airport but it wasn't. The first two shuttles were taken by those who had connection flight at the SCO so i waited for more than an hour to get on the shuttle. When I called the customer service centre they said there will be no compensation for this flight because it wasn't their fault. More than half on this flight found out about the changes after they got on board. You charged me the full price for first class ticket when you already knew that I will only enjoy it for like 30 min on the plane. All my plans and schedules got delayed and screwed. Greedy and bad airline! My experience with this airline doesnt even worth 1/10.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSanta Ana to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2018

"never use Alaska Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Kahului Maui to San Jose. When we flew to Hawaii, they said we went to the boarding gate too late, so they gave me and my 3 year old 2 separate seat in 2 different rows. I told him this is not acceptable and this is not good service. He replied, ‘I provided good service by assign you premium seats.’ I rolled my eyes and told him that I don’t care about premium seats, but the 3 years old cannot be seated alone. Luckily there are other passengers willing to switch seats with us. Now I am flying back. I try to check in online and select seats. I realized that they already assigned the seats for us. Again, my 3 years old is sitting by herself! You have the kid’s age when we purchase the ticket, you should know automatically they have to be with their parents. The whole Hawaii trip is awesome and I would never use Alaska Airlines again. Such a disappointment that Virgin America is now part of Alaska. They used to have good services. Even UA don’t split family seats. Alaska Airlines now is the worst on my list and will not go with this again.
RouteKahului Maui to San Jose