Top 100 Airports

Alaska Airlines

"service on board was excellent"

Verified Review | Albuquerque to Seattle return, Boeing 737-900. First Class. My new favorite airline in the US. Great experience. New aircraft. Very comfortable seating, we were in row 2. The service on board was excellent both ways. They serve actual, hot food on proper crockery with real cutlery. Chicken with rice to Seattle and a Tortellini to Albuquerque. Flight deck would announce points of interest and of course, they did a great job in getting us there and back safely. The Wi-Fi on board worked very well. I would rate Alaska Airlines as the best airline in the US for domestic travel.
RouteABQ to SEA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"decent crew and good value"

AS 3380, Portland - San Jose, operated by Skywest. Check in at PDX was extremely smooth and efficient, so we had an hour to spare before boarding. Boarding was out of the cramped concourse A and began 10 minutes late with no explanation. Once aboard, the E175 was in good condition and was extremely spacious, even more so than the 737 on the outbound flight, although the overhead bins were small. A weight balance issue resulted in several passengers in the last few rows having to move forward, this took a while as FA's had to recruit volunteers and people were stubborn. Fortunately, we still managed to push back within 15 minutes of scheduled departure and were airborne after a short taxi. Cabin crew were nice, but they could have managed the timing of the short flight better. They spent the first half of the flight chatting in the galley. A small snack with the beverage was a nice touch, but it didn't start until halfway through the flight. Literally right after they finished the beverage service, a flight attendant came through with a trash bag when most people were not even finished, so most had to sit with trash on their traytables while the FA's resumed chatting in the galley. They had more than enough time to get the service done as the FA's on the outbound leg easily served an aircraft twice the size and we still had 20 minutes after the service during cruise. Finally, during final approach, they realized we needed them to collect the rubbish and did so. We landed in San Jose 20 minutes ahead of schedule, and they made sure to brag about Alaska's on-time performance flightstats award. Overall, AS will get you from Point A to B reliably with decent crew and good value, but they shouldn't sell themselves as a major legacy airline when they are really just a decent budget airline. While AS is certainly not bad, I usually try to book with Jetblue or Virgin America due to their combination of a low fare with great service. In summary, I recommend AS for shorter flights, but beware for transcons or Hawaii.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RoutePDX to SJC
Date FlownJuly 2016

"snacks provided on short flights"

Edmonton to Los Angeles via Seatlle. I found Alaska Airlines to be fairly average, snacks were provided on short flights, baggage allowance was ok, inflight selection of movies was good, cabin crew were decent, the flight arrived on time and the same is true for the for the arrival time.
RouteYEG to LAX via SEA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"service attentive, sociable and friendly"

Verified Review | My husband and I flew Alaska Airlines from Seattle to Juneau. We were upgraded to the first class because of my husband's frequent flyer's status. There was one main flight attendant (assisted by another occasionally). Staff member was awesome. PA announcements were serious and yet funny so much so I actually paid attention. Service was attentive, sociable and friendly. The food was great. I had been impressed with Alaska Airlines and their services, and still am.
RouteSEA to JNU
Date FlownJune 2016

"seat pitch was reasonable"

San Jose - Portland, AS 405. Check in at SJC was a bit chaotic as there was little signage or explanation of the procedure for those who had checked in online. This created a mass of confused people looking for the bag drop. Once past security, the gate agent proceeded to yell all of the boarding groups instead of just using the PA. This was a bit bizarre since she used it for a couple of other announcements. Although old, the B737-400 was in decent condition for its age. Only issue in that respect was that my armrest was loose. Seat pitch was reasonable for someone who is 6'0", especially considering the short duration of flight. We departed on time, but the aircraft PA volume was so low that passengers could barely hear announcements. Cabin crew also failed to enforce important safety regulations such as windowshades being drawn up for takeoff and landing. (So that people can easily see out in case of an evacuation). However, they did manage the short flight time extremely well regarding the beverage service. They all were extremely polite and genuine. This genuine caring among its cabin crews is one of Alaska's major strengths. We landed on time in PDX with the 20-minute baggage guarentee being met. Overall a nice short hop. Only improvements: better safety training for employees and they should expedite the replacement of such old planes.
RouteSJC to PDX

"a great experience"

Well, spoiled again from Alaska Airlines. Flew out at 12.15am to Seattle in First (bumped up). Had a nice flight, crew were wonderful, plane clean, great service. Everything was fine overall, a few bumps in the air but that occurs every now and then. In SEA a few minutes early but so what, I had a four hour layover until my flight to Raleigh so I headed over to the Boardroom and was there when they opened up. Nice place to relax and chill. The experience was great. My next flight to Raleigh again was up in First and I enjoyed it completely. Our attendant was great as was the food. The pilot was quite outgoing and kept us up to date as to where we were and how soon we would land etc. There were quite a few thunder-boomers in the area so we got to dance around them for a while. I found it enjoyable but that was not to everyone's liking I could tell. We arrived on-time anyway. I was pretty tired and looked forward to sleep. All in all, a great experience.
RouteANC to RDU via SEA
Date FlownJune 2016

"you know how to move me"

I returned early this past Saturday from my trip to BNA via Seattle. Everything was fine overall. The crews were professional, polite and focused on customer care. The aircraft had no issues in either direction and were clean. The seats were great, 7F in all cases, and I had an enjoyable time talking to my seatmates. Our pilots kept us informed as to where we were and if any bumps were expected. I depart late tonight for RDU via SEA and noticed I have been upgraded to First again. Alaska, you know how to move me!
AircraftBoeing 800/900
RouteANC to BNA via SEA

"plane was clean"

Flew San Jose to Kahului. Great flight. Everyone was helpful, plane was clean and the movie tablets they handed out (for a charge) made the time pass fast. We got our seats all by each other with no problem and boarding the plane went smoothly. Our flight were on time and we would recommend Alaska Airlines.
RouteSJC to OGG

"service with a smile"

Juneau to Anchorage and my first flight with Alaska Airlines - it was excellent. The pilot stood at the front and welcomed everyone and talked about the route. The cabin crew were friendly and even found time to write a list of sights to see for a couple sitting in front of us. Service with a smile. The flight was short just time for a hot drink and biscuit. I will certainly use them again on my next trip to Alaska.
RouteJNU to ANC
Date FlownMay 2016

"service attitude was good"

(China)

Verified Review | Flew Anchorage to Las Vegas. This was an overnight flight of 4 and a half hour, plus 2 hours of time zone adjustment so the flight departed at 11.30pm arrived at 5.30am. It was on time. Alaskan Airlines has a good reputation and service attitude was good. Non-alcoholic drinks were served free several times during the flight, while others were available at reasonable cost. The checked bag cost USD25. It would be a good flight were it not due to the aircraft. It must be an early 737 and there was no TV, the seat back doesn't recline, making the 4-hr flight uncomfortable, though seat pitch was good. Overall, I was satisfied with this fight due to good service.
RouteANC to LAS