Alaska Airlines

"Any other airline is better"

Verified Review | Portland to Edmonton via Seattle. My flight to Seattle from Portland was delayed over an hour. No explanation or compensation was offered. No drinks or snacks were offered on this flight. Upon late arrival in Seattle my flight to Edmonton was delayed as well. Again no explanation offered. For my entire round trip on Alaska airlines my flights were either cancelled outright or delayed. Not one flight was on time. Very poorly run company. I would not recommend Alaska airlines to anyone. Any other airline is better.
RoutePortland to Edmonton via Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2017

"customer service was terrible"

Verified Review | Seattle to Los Angeles. I had a flight that was originally scheduled to depart at 740pm. I had a 1 hour and 21 minute layover and was supposed depart on Virgin America from LA to Boston. The flight out of Seattle was delayed until 8.45pm. I got out of the plane at 1124pm and missed the 1126 flight to Boston. The crew on the flight said there would be a representative available for those connecting with Virgin. There was no representative around for questions. Virgin America told me I would need to find an Alaska representative. I looked all over the terminal and finally found 2 at Gate 69A. They initially tried to help, but since it was almost 12 by then they were eager to leave for the night. They told me to go to Customer Service next door and someone would help me. I waited 10 minutes and no one showed up and the other workers left for the night. I had to resort to calling customer service. They informed me that I was rebooked for a 7.50am flight with Virgin America the next morning. I was never made aware of that or given options. They also would not give me a hotel claiming it was due to air traffic control and they were not responsible. So I got stuck at the airport for the night. The customer service was terrible. Honestly, I fly a lot. I had really liked flying with Alaska previously and was going to fly more with them. I even got their credit card. I had even talked with my friends about how I preferred Alaska, but after this experience I have changed my mind. I have some flights with some partner airlines coming up, but I no longer have a preference to fly with Alaska. I also will be changing credit cards in the near future. I no longer need to accumulate points with an airline I am not pleased with.
RouteSeattle to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2017

"with poor customer service"

Verified Review | Edmonton to Portland via Seattle. My flight at 6am was cancelled and rescheduled to 1 pm. Then my 1 pm flight was cancelled as well and I was placed on a flight the next day that had an additional stop and got me to Portland more than 24 hours later than when I originally booked. The response from Alaska Airlines was not adequate enough in my opinion. I spent 45 min on the phone with them fixing this issue. I would not recommend flying Alaska Airlines to anyone. Many previous flights have been cancelled for me as well. Overall a poorly run company with poor customer service.
RouteEdmonton to Portland via Seattle

"the outstanding assistance"

Verified Review | Redmond to Denver. I wanted to acknowledge the outstanding assistance I received from a booking agent of the Alaska Air Seattle, WA. office in making last minute reservations for two separate trips I was planning to take. The agent patiently walked me through the process to book a flight from Redmond, OR to Denver, CO. on October 3rd, 2017. She also assisted me in booking a flight for my wife and I round trip from Portland, OR to Fort Myers, FL departing on April 24th, 2018 and returning May 19th, 2018. She was friendly and polite throughout our entire contact and serves as a great representative to Alaska Airlines which is why I continue to choose Alaska AL whenever available.
RouteRedmond to Denver
Date FlownOctober 2017

"unhappy with the service"

Verified Review | Flew Seattle to Sacramento. First they bumped us from premium when they downgraded our plane, then they moved my large child onto my lap and I was forced to buy a new ticket at last minute prices (4x what I originally paid). Then they boarded and we sat on the runway forever before they returned to the gate to let someone on. How important did that person think they were. If they were sick or something I'd be happy to accommodate them but they seemed decidedly not in special circumstances, then we sat again for 20 minutes. By the time we took off we were supposed to have landed. My poor daughter was worked by the stress of the situation and I ran out of snacks and tricks. Seriously unhappy with the service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSeattle to Sacramento
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the worst customer service"

Verified Review | New York to Lihue via Seattle. I booked a trip to Hawaii on Alaska almost 1 year before the flight date. This week, Alaska decided to change all of their flights, turning what would have been an 11 hour trip to New york into a 20+ hour trip with an overnight layover. I am flying with a 9 year old. When I called two days ago the agent had offered to fix my trip by routing us from Ogg->LAX->JFK. I called back today (2 days later) to take them up on that offer, and the agent said she would be unable to do that, and that I'd have to buy a whole new ticket. This is ridiculous on multiple levels. First, I paid $3000 for the voucher I used, which was donated by an Alaska executive at a Parkinson's charity auction. I am happy to track down and document all the details of that. Second, It is the airline schedule change that is causing this issue. Third, Alaska Airlines offered me this remedy two days ago, which was not ideal, and are now retracting that offer. Frankly, I'm speechless. This is the worst customer service experience I've had in a long time. Probably ever. And this is just the return flight. For the outgoing flight, they've change the schedule so that my connection now departs before I arrive. There is another flight from JFK (rather than Newark) that would solve this issue, but they are unwilling to make that change, due to some technicality in their system -- even though these airports are 20miles apart. See the picture below. It's a total joke.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNew York to Lihue via Seattle
Date FlownJune 2017

"go rebook with customer service"

Verified Review | Tried Alaska Airlines once, never again. Flying from Phoenix to Edmonton with a connection in Seattle. Phoenix to Seattle left on time, but was 25 minutes late. We got to our gate in Seattle 10 minutes before our flight was supposed to leave to have them say sorry, go rebook with customer service. It was their mistake and they still wouldn't let us on the plane that was at the gate. Will never fly or recommend this airline.
RoutePhoenix to Edmonton via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I had a wonderful trip"

Verified Review | Portland to Santa Barbara. I had a wonderful trip. Got in early and just perfect. On my way home had a rather interesting trip. First our plane was late. Arrived at PDX alniatcan hour late. Then had maintenance issues, somleft Oregon line an hour late. Everything seemed fine, but then just as we were going to be landing in Santa Barbara, tee were diverted to Fresno for sone issue with a stabilizer and needed a longer runway. I was a bit freaked, but we landed safely in Fresno. All were taken off the plane, and were in Fresno for about an hour. Were given food vouchers and snacks. Thankfully it turned out it was not a stabilizer, but the computer and plane were not synched correctly and was easily fixed. We were in Santa Barbara after this in a half hour. I think the flight crew were wonderful as was the pilot and co pilot. Our safety was number 1, and to me that means a great deal. Would fly Alaska again and feel secure with them.
AircraftEmbrauer175
RoutePortland to Santa Barbara
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"lack of credible information"

Verified Review | Flight from Seattle to Bozeman was delayed by 2 hours and after a long trip the last thing you need is a long delay. The FA's did a good job considering that everybody was annoyed at the delay. The problem was lack of credible information on the ground. The delay kept being extended and extended. I think Alaska Airlines could have done a better job keeping us informed.
AircraftDash 400
RouteSeattle to Bozeman
Date FlownAugust 2017

"boarding passes issues"

Verified Review | Returning home to Phoenix from Alaska to Phoenix via Seattle. Had boarding passes issues in Anchorage. I had 15 minutes to get to my gate before boarding started which was unbelievably far away. Arrived at Gate C and sent me to gate N for which you have an underground shuttle. Once I arrived at my ticketed gate I found they move to back to gate C on the other side of the airport. Had to run like a fool and barely made it at the cost of running around people. All the "smiles" from flight crew don't over ride the lack of communication and help by gate personnel when simply said "your gate was moved - better hurry only 10 minutes till doors close". Note to gate desk personnel - when you see a boarding pass was issued then changed with the gate you are in charge of, maybe you can be a little more helpful. And note to exit staff, maybe update passengers of connecting gate changes as they leave the plane. Seems like the 1st rule in transportation. Help your customers find their destination when you make a change or issue a incorrect boarding pass. Maybe even offer to call the correct gate people to tell them you are on your way.
RouteSeattle to Phoenix