Alaska Airlines

"Excellent first class"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Excellent first class seats on this A320. Only two rows of first class but the seats are wonderful for U.S. domestic First. The Alaska Airlines staff were wonderful and the overall experience could not have been topped. All of the seat functions worked and the plane is very comfortable.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLas Vegas to Los Angeles

"pretty good experience"

Trip Verified | Overall a pretty good experience. I was able to change seating with a simple phone call just after booking. The plane left on time. The flight crew seemed well trained. It seems to be a discount airline and they charge for check in bags and any food. But the price was good and I was not expecting a lot.
RouteSan Diego to Kahului

"steward was very rude"

Not Verified | Seattle to Reno. The flight itself was smooth. The steward was very rude. They wouldn't serve soda, even though the cart was full. They said the flight was too short to serve drinks, but served water, juice and you could buy alcohol. That makes zero sense that the flight was too short to serve drinks, (soda only), but they served drinks. That being said, my flight home, which was the same distance, served drinks including soda. Still scratching my head on that one. Anyhow, we were shortly going to start the descend into Seattle so I started to get up to use the bathroom and the FA very rudely told me to sit back down, I could not use the bathroom. It was another 10 minutes from the time he told me I couldn't use the bathroom until the fasten seat belt sign came on. Then he came by and got in my face and again, rudely told me to put my seat back up. I didn't even realize my seat was back because the person behind me kept pulling my seat and apparently it reclined it and I didn't notice it. He could have politely asked me. I was never rude to him although maybe I should have been. Even the people around me kept saying "what is this guys problem". I have never been on a flight with such horrible behavior from a steward. My flight home was great until I retrieved my luggage. My zippers were ripped off my bag and someone had gone through my bag. I thought if TSA searches your bag, they have to put a note in your bag that they have done so. I have had this happen before; there was no note that TSA searched my bag so if this is protocol, then Alaska should be keeping an eye on their employees. I feel very violated. It's probably a good thing I didn't have anything worth stealing in there.
RouteSeattle to Reno
Date FlownAugust 2018

"very friendly and welcoming"

Trip Verified | I had such a great experience with Alaska Airlines. We missed our flight by only 5 minutes and they were super accommodating and understanding and were able to get me on the next flight out to Seattle, WA from San Diego within the next two hours. They were very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely be booking with them again.
RouteSan Diego to Seattle
Date FlownMay 2018

"FAs available, friendly and attentive"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Fairbanks via Seattle. First Class. Alaskan First is better than other’s premium economy and European domestic business, very similar to Qantas domestic business. FAs available, friendly and attentive at all times. Contrary to impression given by their website and check-in staff, I was denied lounge access at YVR. Although the flight to Seattle is timetabled for an hour, because, so we were told, we were in the air for only half an hour there was no in-flight catering at all. Why should that mean no welcome drink? Ground congestion at YVR delayed us and we only just made the connection at Seattle. Ground congestion there was extreme, nearly an hour from push back to take-off. This meant that we did not get lunch until nearly 4 pm. Catering when it finally arrived was good, though. My bag did not make the connection and was eventually delivered to me at 11.30 pm at my Fairbanks hotel. As a result, I received an e-mail apology and offer of a discount on a future flight, more than you get from some carriers.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteVancouver to Fairbanks via Seattle

"I am 5 hours delayed"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Newark. This airline moved me to a way later flight for my connecting flight to Newark without my knowledge and despite my on time arrival to the gate. Now, I am 5 hours delayed. The transfer from LA terminals was not easy as well. Unacceptable decisions by the ticketing office. Unbelievable.
RouteLos Angeles to Newark
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"customer service is non-existent"

Trip Verified | After vacationing in Alaska we used Alaska Airlines - needless to say we won't make that mistake again. We landed in Seattle and had about a 2 hour layover. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed for our gate only to find no one there. We asked if there had been a gate change and found out that yes it was changed. The agent was about as personable as a badger. We had to jump on the train and get to another concourse and fortunately made it there in time. The ticket agent at this gate, who had her hair piled on her head that looked like a birds nest was about as pleasant as the previous agent. We finally got onboard and sat there for the next two hours. The plane had sustained a bird strike which required a one hour maintenance review. The next hour was spent waiting for them to fuel the plane which was not taking fuel. After a two hour delay we finally took off. Upon our arrival in Dallas we went to collect our luggage. It used to be brown, clean and very nice. That is no longer the case. Least I mention that I am also missing a shoe which leads me to believe that baggage handlers went thru my luggage. Needless to say I was furious and was told that no one was available to take our claim at that hour of night. We incurred further expenses because we had to book a hotel as we had been up since 2 am, it was then 9 pm and we still had to make a 3 hour drive to get home. I also had to pay my dog sitter an additional day. I have filed a complaint within Alaska Airlines policy of making said complaint within a 24 hour window. Thus far all I have gotten back from them is an email acknowledging the complaint and that it will take them approximately 30 days to respond. Their customer service is non-existent! They don't care about their passengers or their belongings - they care about how many nickels and dimes they can squeeze out of you. They ruined our vacation!
RouteAnchorage to Dallas
Date FlownAugust 2018

"One flight attendant was rude"

Not Verified | Honolulu to San Diego August 23, 2018 I was flying out with my 7 month old and a 5 yr old daughters. I was hoping the flight attendants would be a more compassionate because at the airport the staff was able to give us comfortable seat. One flight attendant was rude unlike the older ones who were nice, it was understandable that they have policy but she could have tell it nicely like changing diapers like she could have said in a nicer tone that it’s only allowed In lavatory we understand that. Then my 5yrs old vomited and by that we were cleaning up the plastic bag they were collecting trash so we said we have a vomit but in a bag and she rudely said it should be thrown in the lavatory, the older attendant was very nice accommodating our needs, she nicely said they couldn’t hold it but I can put it in the trash bag myself.
RouteHonolulu to San Diego
Date FlownAugust 2018

"would recommend Alaska Airlines"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Santa Rosa. I flew solo to go and visit family in Northern California. It was my first time flying Alaska Airlines since I had flown Virgin America Before then as my main airline. The plane had very comfortable seats and had a lot of legroom for the size of the plane. For food, you get the option between a cold drink, tea, or coffee, and a Biscoff Cookie. The flight had a very good view since we were so low in altitude. After flying on this flight I would recommend Alaska Airlines.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteLos Angeles to Santa Rosa

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to San Francisco. Terrible customer service. Flight was delayed and they assured us we would have plenty of time to make it to our connecting flight. We did not. Only barely just made it running through the airport with my wife and 2 year old son. Plane almost left without us. Oh and we also checked our stroller at the gate and they didn't give it back to us - they want us to pick it up back in San Francisco.
RouteSalt Lake City to San Francisco