Alaska Airlines

Review by (United States) 21st June 2015

Just returned to the Greatland having flown what is now my favorite airline once again. Departed ANC at 5 am and arrived ontime in SEA. I was bumped up to First due to my Gold status which I appreciate. The service was fine, the plane clean and all in all nothing to complain about. The trip to Redmond was on Horizon, a Q-400. No problems with anything here. If there was one thing though it would be the seats on the Q do not adjust at all. I wish they would but understand why they don't. The return trip was great on both legs. The crew was very impressive with their customer service.
RouteANC to RDM via SEA

Review by (United States) 18th May 2015

Returned recently from a trip to SEA from ANC and SDF (on Am Eagle) to ORD then onto ANC. All flights were well run affairs with fine crews and great service. I flew First and when I get upgraded I always enjoy the experience. I am however more than pleased when I do not move up as the rest of the plane service crew does a fine job. I have yet to be unhappy with this airline since I have returned to using it on all my flights out and back to the Greatland. I have about six more flights scheduled in the next half year and I plan to fly them every time. Please keep it up!

Review by (United States) 16th May 2015

Flight 893 9 May. I don't fly Alaska at all as my loyalties are with another airline at present because of frequent flier status. I flew last Saturday night at 9.45pm from Seattle to Oakland. What a difference in customer service. From the very start in the airport - their employees seemed gracious. The agents at the departure gate seemed relaxed and most affable as I watched them before our boarding call. My mainline carrier I usually fly - the employees always seem "put out" when they are interrupted from their computers. Inflight was pleasant. Flight attendants who seemed happy. If Alaska Airlines flew where I needed to go - they would have won me over.
Cabin FlownEconomy

Review by (Australia) 11th May 2015

Flight AS838 on 6 May. Flew Alaska from Honolulu to Oakland on 6 May. I was not expecting much for the cost of the first class ticket and was pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was not old (737-800) seat was spacious enough for a 5 hour day time flight. Meal was good and a nice linen service. Even the wine served was quite good and topped up regularly if you wished without having to ask. Crew were friendly and efficient. Even check in was quick and efficient. Overall a good experience and I think worth the extra for first class for this length flight. I rate it as highly as some domestic Australian business class flights I've had so it was quite good.

Review by (United States) 27th April 2015

Upgraded to first class for our flight from SEA to DFW. Had seen Tom Douglas in the news lately talking his about the new menu he created for all Alaska flights. Our breakfast going down and dinner coming back was awful looking awful smelling and awful tasting. Many in 1st class that had the dinner on the return did not eat it. Even FA said she was embarrassed to be serving this meal. The spinach had a nasty smell to it.

Review by (United States) 27th April 2015

Flew with family SJC-Honolulu then returned to SJC via Seattle. Economy Class. All planes were 737's of some variety. The seats were comfortable with adjustable headrests but legroom was terrible. I'm short so this was only a problem when I (or someone else) wanted to use the restroom as the person on the aisle seat had no choice but to get out of his seat to accommodate us. The cheese platter is an excellent meal available on all flights. Availability of hot meals was inconsistent and confusing (available one direction but not the other on flights before 9 am or after etc.). Flight attendants were friendly and attentive. However on our trip from HNL-SEA they disappeared 3 hours into the 5.5 hour flight and we were getting thirsty. Had to go ask for water. Hint: Alaska boards very early (45 min) and will depart early if they can. We once showed up 20 minutes before our departure time with boarding passes I had printed the night before and the plane had left already! They said they had paged us but we couldn't hear anything in that particular airport. Fortunately they had seats available on the next flight 2 hours later and got us on that for no charge.
Cabin FlownEconomy

Review by (Australia) 10th April 2015

Flew First LA to Pueto Vallarta and had several issues. Firstly leg room was the poorest I'd experienced in first class ever. Secondly the cabin was far too cold and no rugs are supplied. Thirdly several passengers were allowed to remain in a reclined seat position for landing a safety issue. Lunch offered no choice - the chicken wedge salad was inedible. Luggage took well over the 20 minutes to arrive on the carousel. I could go on but let's just say I won't be flying with them again.

Review by (United States) 4th March 2015

Kona - Oakland First class. What an improvement. Leaving United in the dust Alaska offers good food good service and decent leg room on this sector. Individual meals instead of all at one time distinguish this excellent offering from United using the same aircraft and only one hard working flight attendant. Finally a major carrier steps up and offers good service to and from Hawaii.

Review by (United States) 4th March 2015

Great service Seattle to Kona. Major upgrade in meal entertainment and attitude since last years trip. Keep it up Alaska you won me over.

Review by (United States) 24th February 2015

I recently flew first class from Cancun Mexico to Seattle Washington. Having tried many times to upgrade and not having any luck I was excited that I finally got the chance. My boyfriend and I each used 10000 points to splurge on the trip home. I would never have done so if I knew how poor the service would be. Our steward was beyond rude. He offered no service whatsoever was totally unhelpful with any questions and hung out in the front away from the passengers. We had to ask for more water let alone a drink and when we did his attitude was atrocious. I realize first class isn't what it used to be but had I known what this would have been like I would have saved my points and stayed in coach I've had much better service there! Very disappointing for my first time going "first class".