Top 100 Airlines

Alaska Airlines

"worst airline I have flown"

(New Zealand)

Seattle to Hawaii with Alaska Airlines. This will have to be the worst airline I have ever flown with. I had flights booked from months prior to travel. Myself and my friend were advised at the airport that the plane was full and we were on hold for seats. At the end of boarding we received our seats which were seated at opposite ends of the plane. No in-flight entertainment, and unfriendly staff. Would not recommend at all.
RouteSEA to HNL
Date FlownApril 2016

"only had stellar service"

As a long time Alaska Airlines customer, I thought it fitting that I should offer some accolades for service well deserving. It has been many years since I started flying Alaska and I have only had stellar service. From the baggage handlers to the Board Room lounge attendants, I have been always treated well. My most recent flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles was no exception - excellent. I do fly internationally several times each month and feel like flying Alaska is like coming home.
RouteYVR to LAX

"cabin attendant exceptional"

Returned early this morning on Alaska Airlines from Nashville via Seattle. All flights went very well overall. I was upgraded on three of the four flights to First class and enjoyed the comfort, great service and fine food. Our cabin attendant was exceptional, in attitude and service - could not have asked for more. All of the flights were on time or arrived early. The planes were clean, crews were great and things went fine.
AircraftBoeing 737-800/900
RouteANC to BNA via SEA

"so accommodating to me"

I recently traveled with Alaska Airlines with my ESA and It was so nice that the airline was so accommodating to me and my service animal. From the phone reservation all the way to boarding my plane everything was a smooth transition and I had no problems at all. I also received a larger seating area so that my animal had enough room to lay down and I felt like the space was the perfect amount of space for her. I would definitely use Alaska Airlines again in the future. Everyone was nice, polite and helpful.
RouteSLC to LAX

"considering another airline"

Flew for vacation with Alaska Airlines from Edmonton to Lihue. Previous experience had been good. Our connector flight into Seattle was diverted to Portland which caused us to miss our flight to Lihue. When AA got us to Seattle, they were able to place us on a later flight to Lihue, but in coach not first class that we had booked and paid for. Three calls to customer service has netted results. Certainly will be considering another airline for this route in the future as I am not happy to be treated like this.
RouteYEG to LIH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"they put customers first"

Flew Alaska Airlines down to Las Vegas via Seattle to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. I met her at SeaTac after flying in from Anchorage. My flight down was fine except for the very rough air 20 minutes north of SEA. The pilot warned us about it and we all did ok. Our next flight was great, plane was clean, service was fine and other than a few bumps all was good. After being up all night, it was great to check in at our hotel/casino and relax. We had a fine couple of days, ate well and returned with most of the money we started with which is always nice. Our return was interesting as I was bumped up to First for both of the flights and my daughter was in coach (to Seattle). I told her she could take my seat but she declined. The flights were once again very nice. No issues at all to complain about. Mostly smooth air, no spilled drinks or food, the crews were professional and hard working. It continues to be an airline that remembers to put customers first in their thoughts and actions. I received my baggage a few minutes after the 20 minute guarantee which was fine. I will take the 2500 miles and add it to my account. Thanks Alaska for your great service, fine planes and crews and attitude!
RouteANC to LAS via SEA

"treated with respect"

Newark to Seattle with Alaska Airlines, and the flights were perfect. The staff could not do enough for us, and it reminded me of the old days when flying you were treated with respect and kindness. The food was good and the plane was immaculate. Seats were a bit narrow but I sat by the bul head and the leg room was wonderful.
RouteEWR to SEA

"worst flight experience"

This was the first time that I was flying on Alaska Airlines. The first flight from Kahului was fine but when I arrived in San Diego it was horrible. After having a six hour layover in San Diego, turns out that the flight that I had been waiting for had a mechanical error and they ended up sending a smaller plane instead. I almost didn't have a seat because the gate agent said that I didn't check in early enough to have my seat and I and 11 other people who also paid for a seat were basically on standby. The worst thing was, I checked in the day before so how dare they tell me that I didn't check in early enough to get a seat. And the seat that I had originally booked, that said it was my confirmed seat, was given to the first person on the wait list. To anybody who is thinking of flying Alaska, don't. This was the worst flight experience I had ever had and I'm a frequent flyer.
RouteOGG to SLC via SAN

"an excellent experience"

Seattle to Los Angeles, and this was my first experience flying with Alaska Airlines, and overall it was an excellent experience. The plane was clean and comfortable (it was one of the newest planes in the Alaska Airlines fleet, and our pilot half-jokingly reminded us to keep it clean as a result!), and the flight attendants were great. The inflight entertainment system worked really well with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6), and it was great having chargers with each seat, so that I didn't drain my battery life while watching TV shows or movies during the flight. It's also nice to have a number of free viewing options, along with full WiFi and additional movie/TV show options available (for an extra fee). I have nothing bad to say about my first Alaska Airlines experience, and do plan on flying with them again in the future.
RouteSEA to LAX
Date FlownNovember 2015

"service experience is superior"

Excellent service as usual from Seattle to San Diego. Whenever there is an opportunity to fly Alaska we do so even if the fare is not the cheapest because the service experience is always far superior to the other airlines. Virgin America is great too but has limited destinations - so therefore Alaska, together with their mileage program, is always the preference. They were serving a red wine by Browne Vineyards not the usual cheap stuff that other airlines serve - even in international biz class.
RouteSEA to SAN