Alaska Airlines

"live and learn"

Review by (United States)

Usually I am more than pleased with my trips on Alaska Airlines. I am a Gold member and will be again for this next year. The trip from Atlanta to Seattle was delayed due to a mechanical issue, starboard engine. This was fixed and we were about two hours late departing ATL. We were rebooked in ATL prior to finally leaving. This delay caused me to miss Flight 119 from SEA to ANC. I was rebooked on Flight 121 which is a Combi 400 737. Arrived at almost 3am and my luggage did not. None of the Atlanta folks luggage made it to ANC. I spoke with the luggage person and she said it would be sent out later on in the morning. I accepted this, not happy but it does happen. I called the MVP Gold customer service folks today to inquire about a partial refund for my flight as it had no 1st Class. She spoke to the accounting department and said I will get an $80 credit. The bottom line here is a customer who was not pleased overall, especially in regards to finding out about travel segments, some being refundable and some not. Oh well, live and learn. Portions of my experience went very well. Some others, not so much. I have four more trips coming up by Christmas on Alaska. I hope they go better than this one.
AircraftBoeing 737-800/400
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteATL to ANC via SEA

Review by (United States)

Alaska has always done a good job when I have flown with them but this time was even better than normal. There was a mix up with my ticket and I learned at the gate that I would not have the First Class seat that I thought I had. The gate agent did get me an Exit Row seat and refunded the fare difference. The agent, emailed me the refund information by the time I had arrived in SEA. The cabin crew always does a great job and so much better service than other airlines provide. I wish Alaska flew to more destinations.
AircraftBoeing 747-8/9
RouteLAX to SEA

Review by (United States)

It was the worst service. I bought three seats (30 D/E/F) in a row from Seattle to Salt lake. I wasn't able to fill the third seat which was nonrefundable. After boarding I was relaxing in my aisle seat of the three seat I bought and paid for. A man came and wanted my seat, which I refused because I had paid for all three seats. A flight attendant and ticket taker lady showed up and she belligerently told me to give up my seat and told me to move to my middle seat. She didn't offer a refund or any compensation for the seat that they basically outright stole and resold one of my seat from me. Since I didn't want to make a scene, I comply in protest and moved. She was very unprofessional, insensitive and rude.
RouteSeattle to Salt Lake

Review by (United States)

This was the first time I have flown with this airline and I was very disappointed. Both flights of my round trip were delayed a minimum of 2 hours. After spending more money to save time instead of driving, I ended up spending way more time sitting in an airport. I will not fly this airline again if I can help it.
RouteSpokane to Seattle

Review by (United States)

First time flying with Alaska Airlines, we usually fly Southwest but they don't offer non-stop flights from Albuquerque to Seattle any more. Got a great deal on flights for 3 people, was able to do everything over the internet. Paid luggage fees, checked in online, printed luggage tickets, and boarding passes. When we arrived at the ticket counter at the airport in Albuquerque, we found out that it didn't open until an hour or so later. Surprisingly, two Alaska Airlines employees came out and helped us with our luggage tags since they use a special holder to attach to the luggage. As we were about to start boarding another employee approached us and asked if we would like to board using a new system that they were starting to use. He scanned our boarding passes and we were all set. The flight was great, all of the attendants were very courteous and helpful. Our return flight was also great and without any problems.
RouteAlbuquerque, NM to Seattle, WA

Review by (United States)

I had a fantastic customer service experience with Alaska Airlines thanks to one member of staff! She showed genuine concern, empathy, and common courtesy in regards to my plight due to a problem with Delta Air Lines. It wasn't her obligation to help me, but she did so willingly and with kindness. She offered suggestions, took the time to research, and above all else, took the time to show she cared. Her actions represented her airline in the best way possible because when the day is done, having a person show care is what we remember the most.
RouteGEG to MCO

Review by (United States)

Another series of fine flights with Alaska. Redeye to Seattle with a fine crew. Service was good. Plane was clean and on time. We had one unusual thing happen - a person apparently acted out in some manner towards a crew member right after we pulled back from the gate. We then returned to the gate and this "gentleman" was escorted off our plane. After that excitement we were off with no further issues. Upon landing at SeaTac I made my way eventually to the Boardroom where I enjoyed coffee and rolls, caught up on news and relaxed. The flight to ATL went fine. Again, plane was clean, crew was great and appeared quite professional in all regards. The return leg went fine. The pilot on the outbound leg to Seattle informed us of some possible rough air coming up over the St Louis area which folks appreciated. The food I ate was decent and the wine was enjoyable as well. The final leg back up to Anchorage was without any negatives. I actually caught some sleep which for me is unusual. Landed a few minutes early, luggage made it on time and then home to the Valley. All in all, a fine series of flights with great.
RouteANC to ATL via SEA

Review by (United States)

Pleasant Flight, great staff, always try to fly with Alaska when I can, however I was not impressed with the food product. The first class service was great, but the food was not so good.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteOakland-Seattle

Review by (United States)

Checked into Alaska Airlines at the Santa Rosa airport 2 hours before take off. The plane was 30 minutes late. Because they were late they decided to rush boarding and instead of the allotted 30 minutes it was more like 10-15 minutes. My 70 year mom and dad were right behind us in security. My husband and I got through security and we were rushed to get on the plane. I told them there were 2 more behind us. They decided to just cut the line there and didn't let them board! To top it off I was worried about my 70 year old mom (she was upset and crying) so I asked the flight attendant about my mom and dad not being on the plane. She snapped at me that it was too bad, and that they probably weren't there on time. I responded that we checked into the airport 2 hours previously. She said rudely, 'so?'. My mom ended up having to fly out of her way north to Seattle and them back down to San Diego to make it in time. Horrible airline, insensitive staff, rude, and couldn't care less about their customers and how they treat then.
RouteSanta Rosa to San Diego

Review by (Qatar)

Short one and half hour flight, seats were comfortable, very friendly staff from check in until we disembarked and we were given a free snack and drinks.
AircraftBombardier Q400