Air Nostrum

Review by (Australia) 29th March 2015

Madrid to Bordeaux IB8554 March 4 2015. This would have to have been the worst service we have had on any airline! We are Platinum / Emerald frequent flyers. Plane was an hour late and pax were kept on bus with no explanation insufficient meals for the only 2 business class pax - us! Pancakes and only other meal not quite frozen! No welcome on board no welcome drink for business class pax us! No cabin assistance unless we asked repeatedly. And finally just to add insult no response to our original complaint about this and we have to fly with this airline again unfortunately. If we had a choice we would not fly Air Nostrum.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th October 2013

MAH-PMI return on ATR72. Both flights on time crew good. Prices seem steep for non residents of the Islands. Used Iberia/BA airmiles so only paid tax.

Review by (New Zealand) 1st September 2013

28th August 2013 I took a flight from Malaga to Melilla. I found the ground staff to be very professional and well turned out. They were welcoming and conducted their duties with pride. The flight was on an ATR aircraft which is ideal for the relatively short flight from Malaga to North Africa. The flight departed on-time and the cabin crew conducted a safety demonstration. Bizarrely one of the cabin crew showed the food to purchase card but then said there was nothing to buy! The flight was suitably comfortable and arrived into Melilla exactly as per schedule. Disembarkation was well managed and orderly. Overall I had a good impression of Air Nostrum. The tickets though seem expensive.

Review by (Luxembourg) 12th August 2013

Smooth way through the airport of Madrid. Check-in done online. The best way to do it nowadays. Even though Air Nostrum operates from the K area in Madrid this flight was boarded by bus which is ok. Very positive is the fact that you can deliver your hand-luggage next to the aircraft and thus not check it in or wait for it at a luggage belt. The stewardess was very friendly and well groomed. In general the cabin crews of Air Nostrum are young and good looking. The old CRJ200 was noisy and small not my favourite regional aircraft. The flight was short and uneventful. The inflight service consisted of 'tu menu' which is in your seat pocket and from which you can buy 'Iberia' style snacks and drinks. Not too long ago this carrier still offered free of charge beverages and even snacks and sandwiches.

Review by (Australia) 6th June 2013

Just learnt from an online check-in that my flight tomorrow from BCN to NCE was cancelled without them notifying me. They were not at all interested nor apologetic when I phoned for an explanation. I paid more to travel with them over the cheaper alternatives to avoid this situation. Such a short flight but it has cost me over 2K so far in re-routing around their failure. An email from them could have avoided so much trouble.

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th June 2011

MAN-MAD-MAN on a newish CRJ900. Business takes me to Madrid a lot and this new route replaces the stop at LHR and shaves 4 hours off the journey for me. Friendly efficient clean with nothing to grumble about.

Review by (Germany) 4th May 2011

MAD-MUC on a newer CRJ-1000. As opposed to our terrible experience on Iberia for the earlier legs of this trip this was a night-and-day difference. Clean modern plane with legroom efficient FA's drinks and snacks served. Air Nostrum does everything so much better than its parent. If you are compelled to take Iberia flights make sure you use Air Nostrum for as many legs as you can - it really is a superior experience.

Review by (Slovakia) 29th April 2011

Madrid to Porto. A relatively modern CRJ1000 (2+2 seating) offered more legroom than Iberia A320. Flight almost an hour late but this is becoming the norm at Madrid-Barajas so it's not a big deal. Crew pleasant and served drinks and a small packet of nuts on 1 hour flight.

Review by (Australia) 12th September 2010

Madrid to San Sebastian on Canadair RJ 200. Just four business class seats on this 35 minute short-haul regional flight. Very friendly and attentive service with free drinks and filled rolls for business. Oversize hand luggage was put in the hold and could be collected on the tarmac at the destination. You wouldn't really pay for business on this regional airline as it's not really value for money for such short hops. But if you happen to travel in this class then it's very pleasant.

Review by (Australia) 12th June 2010

Madrid-Murcia return. I've had a few flights with Air Nostrum now and find their flights reasonably enjoyable. Service pleasant and friendly from the FA (coffee served) and flights seem to leave on time. I was very impressed with my check-in at Murcia's small terminal and which involved ticketing right through to Tokyo using Iberia and Japan Airlines connections and the whole process was seamless and efficient. I'm not sure if I like travelling in CRJ 200s that Air Nostrum uses but that may be because on Air Nostrum at least I never seem to be able to get clean windows and am unable to see outside much at all. Do these aircraft ever get cleaned?