Best Economy Class Seats

Air Namibia

"told we have been bumped from flight"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Luanda to Cape Town via Windhoek. Connecting flight cancelled so we had to overnight in Windhoek. Total chaos at the check in the next morning with one queue for Luanda, one for Johannesburg and many for other destinations. Although we arrived well in time, the queue moved slowly and there were lots of people. Then the booking clerks start shouting out for passengers for Cape Town and many rush forward. Chaos ensues and because we are travelling with children we cannot move as fast as others. When we are served we are told we have been bumped from the flight (it was over booked). Passengers behind us in the original queue make the flight. We have to overnight a second night in Windhoek (where we still are). Air Namibia are totally disorganized and have no regard for children.
RouteLAD to CPT via WDH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"an incredible service"

(South Africa)

During this Air Namibia flight, I received exceptional service from a flight steward on SWO714 between Cape Town and Walvisbay on 7th December 2015. He went the extra mile to help out with a difficult situation. I noticed on the steps to the aeroplane that I had left one of my hand luggage items in the restaurant in the departure lounge. This was a tragedy for me because the item was a very large framed photograph (shown below) I had taken of my son-in-law, and was meant to be his Christmas present. The steward immediately offered to find out whether it could be retrieved but there was too little time left before take-off. Later on he gave me a cell phone number to enquire with assurance that something could be done. When I phoned that number the following morning, I had little hope of any success but to my surprise the steward himself answered the phone, told me that the picture had been found and will be kept safely until my return from Namibia on 27th December. I ask him if there was any chance of getting the photograph to Walvisbay, seeing that it is a special Christmas present? He said he will see what he can do and will let me know. That very afternoon, I could pick up the picture from the Walvisbay airport – what an incredible service.
RouteCPT to WVB
Date FlownDecember 2015

"still a dull experience"

Air Namibia flight from Cape Town to Windhoek in economy class. I lowered my expectation before flying with them but it was still a dull experience. Fortunately, it was only 2 hour flight. The FAs seemed really not interested in doing their jobs. Only good thing was they were not rude. The food was abysmal. I don't even remember what I had. The cleanliness of the plane was below average. Despite this, Namibia is a fascinating place, so don't let the airline discourage you to come.
RouteCPT to WDH
Date FlownOctober 2015

"has improved a lot"

(Namibia)

In the last past years Air Namibia has improved a lot the service and it's a very affordable and worthy airline. I flew from Windhoek to Cape Town several times this year and the service was very good. Staff were friendly and food quite good as well drinks. Since 2013, Air Namibia has improved and I strongly recommend.
RouteWDH to CPT
Date FlownAugust 2015

"would happily fly with Air Namibia again"

Flew Air Namibia from Johannesburg to Windhoek. The staff were very polite and accommodating, there was a large group of us and they were all very helpful and understanding. We were only on the plane for a few hours, but food was served fast and the boarding and unboarding of the plane was quick and painless. I would happily fly with Air Namibia again.
RouteJohannesburg to Windhoek
Date FlownMarch 2015

"very good service"

Air Namibia from Frankfurt to Windhoek return. Very good service, new A330 with good comfort and entertainment, 80cm between seats.
AircraftA330-200
RouteWindhoek to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2015

(Namibia)

Flew business class with my wife and 20 month old toddler to from Windhoek to Cape Town and back. Both flights left on time and boarding was pretty quick even though the flights were pretty full. Onboard service was extremely good. The flight attendants were very friendly and helped with the little one where they could and made the flights a very relaxing experience. They are using relatively new Airbus A319 which were clean and comfortable. Food was good but this usually is the case with Air Namibia on all their flights. No on board entertainment on the flight but for 1hr 50 minutes this was not a problem.

Air Namibia customer review

SW286 in economy in mid December 2014. I've taken this flight a number of times over the past 10 years this ranked as one of the better experiences by far. First and most important Air Namibia is now using a pair of relatively new leased Airbus 330-200s on this route. The difference between this and the old Airbus Boeing 747s and MD8s are striking. The passenger cabin is clean relatively modern and well lit. The seats have seat-back entertainment systems. I travel with an iPad pre-loaded with movies I want to watch so I can't speak to the entertainment menu itself. The food was relatively bland - simple but edible. They serve a "breakfast" close to landing but it's not up to much. Seat comfort - I was in 20H on the aisle adjacent to the bathrooms. Seat doesn't recline but there is no electrical box under the seat in front of you in row H. Flight departed FRA on time and arrived Windhoek 15 minutes early. The flight attendants were for the most part polite efficient and attentive without being fussy or cloying. This works fine for me but not for everyone. The flight is quite rigorously structured - drinks with a hot meal are served relatively soon after takeoff. The cabin lights are then turned off completely for the bulk of the flight (at least 6 hours). The cabin lights don't come back on until 2 hours before landing. All in all good value for the money and much more comfortable than I remember in the past. I remember this flight being more of an endurance ordeal than anything else I've flown SW286 on and off since 2000 and these new planes make all the difference.

(Namibia)

Windhoek-Cape Town return in May. The flying product of Air Namibia is very good indeed. New Airbus A319 with good seat comfort. Cheerful cabin crew and ok food. Inflight entertainment on the boring side but no problem for such a short flight. I did like it. What lets them down is the awful administration it takes ages to reach someone by phone and their so called call centre puts you on a loop whenever you are calling. So for me it was thumbs up for the flight and thumbs down for the admin.

Air Namibia customer review

WDH-JNB. Flight departed on time food was good and service very professional. Seat comfort for a short-haul flight excellent! Boarding in Windhoek could be better. There was no priority counter. As with SAA passengers from Eco should not be allowed to use the toilet in Business class. The flight attendants should see to this.