Air Namibia

"what a pleasant surprise"

Verified Review | First time with Air Namibia flying from Johannesburg to Windhoek. What a pleasant surprise. Excellent cabin crew, a complete meal served on a 1hr40 min flight, and on time. Henceforth I'll make Air Namibia my carrier of choice whenever I travel to Windhoek. Keep up the good work.
RouteJohannesburg to Windhoek
Date FlownMay 2017

"attendants were friendly "

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Windhoek to Cape Town. The food was plenty, attendants were friendly and firm in their instruction. A delay in boarding at Windhoek and no announcement that that was what was happening. Jerking and shaking as the aircraft took off, when I asked one of the staff he said "it was the wind, strong wind."
RouteWindhoek to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2017

"plenty of food and drinks"

Verified Review | I was happy with the four Air Namibia flights of this trip (Frankfurt-Windhoek, Windhoek-Cape Town and back). Plenty of food and drinks, only one minor delay, everyone was nice and the price was great. However, at Cape Town Airport the check-in for the flight back opened way too late. There wasn't enough time to pass all the necessary security check and passport control queues. When we had to ask for airport employee help at the passport control queue, they were rude and said it wasn't their problem, but the airline's. This caused delays at both Cape Town and Windhoek and we almost missed the connection. Frequent travellers said this was a common problem on Fridays, should have been addressed by now. Also, the website doesn't have a filter for visas required to enter the destination.
RouteFrankfurt to Cape Town via Windhoek
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"various bad experiences"

(Namibia)

Verified Review | Durban to Windhoek via Gabarone. Various bad experiences on Air Namibia starting from purchasing the tickets. Such a rude agent in the office in Windhoek assisted me. After much unnecessary attitude and lack of willingness to help I got to purchase my tickets. The trip from Windhoek to Durban was absolutely fine, plane was late, but the trip was fine, however the trip back was a nightmare. We did a little holiday shopping and we knew one of our bags was going to be overweight, we asked to be checked in together, they said no, my bag was 20kgs, boyfriends bag was 28kgs. We said its fine we will pay the excess, they refused and said we had to take items out of our bags. We took our toiletries out, some boots and a heavy wrapped gift we received from the family we visited. Thereafter I had to wait until they could confirm if there was still a seat available for me on the plane. I finally got checked into the flight after almost 3 hours, we got to security and turns out heavy gift was a vintage bottle of alcohol in a vintage case, so we could not take it through. We had to then go buy a bag to place all items back in, and try to get the bag checked into luggage again. Back at check in counter we get informed that we now have to pay excess for this bag if we are to check it in. So suddenly they can allow excess payments but earlier in the morning when we originally wanted to pay the overweight charges we were refused. By some small miracle a lady at the counter assisted us and we could check the bag in at the 'Large parcels' desk. The flight was also about 30mins late, after which we all boarded but could not take off because there were 4 infants on the plane but the incompetent persons at check in did not check the passengers with infants into the correct seats, (seats with 3 oxygen masks) it was then another 20mins of begging people to switch seats with these mommies and babies. Be warned fellow frequent flyers, if you wish to ever reach your destinations on time Air Namibia is not the airline to fly with.
RouteDurban to Windhoek via Gabarone
Date FlownDecember 2016

"most luggage left behind"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Cape Town to Walvis Bay a week ago. Most luggage left behind in CPT with excuse that more fuel was needed. Flew back from Walvis Bay to Cape Town and not one piece on luggage of all the passengers arrived. Same fuel story given. No one can once again advise on when our luggage will arrive. Air Namibia is takung us for fools. No compensation offered when we arrived in Walvis Bay and stayed without luggage till the following night.
RouteCPT to WVB
Date FlownDecember 2016

"rest of the flight was good"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Windhoek operated by Air Namibia A330. In general the flight went well. The A330 is a modern aircraft and the cabin was modern and the seats comfortable. During this flight we had two meals which were good but no more. On this flight there is no wifi and the inflight entertainment was really bad - a little choice of films only available in two languages. For me the worst thing on this flight is the cabin staff. There are not pro-active and not friendly and helpful. We were forbidden to stay in the back galley and we had to return to sit as soon as we had finished drinking and eating. I don't recommend this airline for that, but all the rest of the flight was good.
Date FlownAugust 2016

"overall a nice flight"

Frankfurt to Windhoek with Air Namibia. Overall a nice flight, friendliness of staff above average. Food / drinks above average. Selection from 3 different meals, quick service, drinks (also with alcohol) before and after the meals. Age of the aircrafts under 3 years - means almost new. Entertainment system with high-res 10" adjustable screen and some new movies at every seat. Seat legroom average. Newspapers / magazines only for business class.
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"not a care in the world"

(Zambia)

Lusaka to Cape Town via Windhoek. I booked this ticket on line, about 4 weeks before the departure date. I had to phone the Air Namibia call center after booking as I received a confirmation email but not the e-ticket. The night before the departure, around 20:00, I received a call from Air Namibia informing me the flight had been cancelled due to an operational issue (most likely not enough booked passengers) I was given the option of being re-booked on any of the daily flights on South African Airways to Johannesburg and then Air Namibia to Windhoek. I chose the 13:25 flight and was told to pop into their office at the airport to collect my new ticket as it would be waiting for me. Unfortunately it wasn't and it took three hours of sitting around and a final mad rush to board (ever walked onto a plane where everyone has been sitting waiting to see what idiot has held up the flight?) Anyway, to cut it short, a journey that should have been 4 hours (check in and flight time) ended up being 11 hours. Air Namibia, not a care in the world.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A320
RouteLUN to CPT via WDH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"if I was offloading myself"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | On 8 September I flew to Windhoek. I departed Johannesburg on SW722 at 06h40 and was due to return on SW729 at 1735 the same day. The tickets cost me ZAR 4,854.94 in total. My meeting was very short, so I decided to return to Johannesburg earlier. I went online and changed the time of my flight to 14h55. At this time, there was no option to change anything other than the time since the website showed that all economy seats were sold out and that there were only two Business Class seats free. It cost me ZAR 1,230.95 to change the ticket. When I arrived at the airport, I went to collect my ticket and received my boarding pass without incident. My seat was now 11A. I got to the aircraft and found that I was now directed to an Economy Class Seat. I queried this with the cabin staff and they told me that I chose to pay R 1,230.95 and to convert my seat to economy. I asked how this was possible - they were unable to answer. They even checked my printed ticket that I still had with me and agreed that I had initially booked a Business Class ticket. I then also noticed that there were in fact about 8 open Business Class seats and about 20 open Economy Class seats! In the end, they crew was so adamant not to allow me the benefit of sitting in those "special seats" that they delayed the flight by over 20 minutes and made everyone wait. I made it clear several times that I will not delay other passengers over this and suggested that I be refunded and that I have my later Business Class ticket returned. The staff eventually asked me if I was "offloading myself" and told me that - if I get off, they could not guarantee that I would have the seat I paid for, on the later flight! In the end I was forced to sit in Seat 11A and told that I could fly home and that I could contact Air Namibia for a refund later.
RouteJNB to WDH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very good airline for the budget"

Frankfurt to Windhoek. I was surprised by Air Namibia. The airline offered a super service and you could watch many movies, the service of the cabin crew was great, the stewardesses have skilful English and German which helped. Generally a very good airline for the budget.
Date FlownAugust 2016