Air India

"friendly and courteous"

Trip Verified | I had travelled on this morning flight from Mumbai to Bangalore on the A319. The web check in worked well and so was able to print the boarding pass in advance without any technical issues. The flight itself was a pretty full flight and the flight was delayed by 40 mins which was a tad disappointing but of no real consequence. The crew and staff were very friendly and courteous and were quite prompt to respond to requests. The seat was quite comfortable with great seat pitch which has to be one of the biggest plus points of the carrier. During the flight breakfast was also served which was good and filling followed by tea/coffee. Touchdown was very smooth and the disembarkation process and retrieving baggage was no hassle. Would not hesitate to fly again.
RouteMumbai to Bangalore

"not customer friendly"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bhopal. The worst of all flights.The staff is rude and not customer friendly. They didnt let around 20 people to board the flight even when we were on time. They wasted our time so that they can mark us late. They wont even refund your money The worst part is they wont even let you exit. Even after cancelling your flight they got problem with you exiting the airport. There are other competitive flights with customer friendly staff. I would prefer to use other airlines to avoid all the drama.
RouteDelhi to Bhopal

"worst of all flights"

Trip Verified | Chicago to New Delhi. Traveling for first time with Air India on international sector and I think this is the worst of all flights i have taken internationally. Unfriendliness of staff is seen even before the flight has taken off. On top, they seem so rude. I am traveling with a 6yo and every other flight I have taken so far with my son (Delta, Air France, unites, Lufthansa, American Airlines) have been so friendly and helpful but it’s a different story here. Plus the flight seems so uncomfortable. It’s so hot, on asking they have been asking to wait since half an hour now. My son has asked for water 3 Times now but alas no one is listening us. Hating it already, plus now they announce technical issue in flight. Never ever again am I flying in air India.
RouteChicago to New Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Worst airline, worst service"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Birmingham via Delhi. Air India offered the worst possible service on the return flight. It all started when airline agent didn't check the baggage through to the final destination and I had to pick up the entire lot (6 bags) plus 2 hand luggage, baby changing bag and the laptop bag also while handling a toddler. Add to that the flight was delayed by 2.5 hours from Delhi to Birmingham and the onward flight from Birmingham to Belfast missed. Had to wait for several hours before some lady with half information and no patience booked a hotel for us to stay overnight and booked the next flight at 18.45 next day (even when there were 3 other flights from the same airline available at earlier times). Add to this, we were kicked out of the hotel by 12:00 forcing us to go to the airport 7 hours earlier and spend time with a toddler till the flight came. Flight was delayed by 25 min...(fortunately it didn't get cancelled) and we reached our destination 24 hours later than planned. Worst airline, worst service and absolute indifference from the staff.
RouteHyderabad to Birmingham via Delhi

"a very good experience"

Not Verified | Surat to Frankfurt via New Delhi. Both the filghts were on time. The transit in New Delhi was quite easy and seamless. Food provided on both the flights was pretty decent for an economy class. IFE is very good. It has a huge collection of bollywood movies. This is the fourth time I am flying on this route and had a very good experience with this airline.
RouteSurat to Frankfurt via New Delhi

"certainly recommend you"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Washington via New Delhi. In flight services like food & beverage and cabin crew behavior are appreciated. To top it all was the AI counter in Washington Airport near luggage claim center. And the lady in the counter was of real help, when we needed it most. We certainly recommend you.
RouteKolkata to Washington via New Delhi
Date FlownJune 2018

"It is just not a good airline"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Goa via Delhi. My wife and I booked a flight from Munich to Goa via Frankfurt and Delhi in Business Class, then after some days from Goa to Kathmandu via Mumbai and the return from Kathmandu to Munich. The flight from Munich to Frankfurt was operated by Lufthansa, the other flights were operated by Air India. The booking was in one ticket. The flight from Munich to Frankfurt with Lufthansa was nice. When it was time for boarding in Frankfurt, Air India could not open the ticket. After a lengthy discussion we were finally allowed to board the aircraft (without boarding passes), which already had some 45 minutes delay due to our issue. Our seats that we reserved months ago were given to other passengers so we had separate seats. The business class seat actually is okay and so was the onboard service. The seat just looked dirty and used. Air India uses a new 787 on this route but they look like old 767 that have been in service for the past 20 years. After all, we were just too frustrated to enjoy them. Once in Delhi, an agent picked us up and escorted us to the gate for our connecting flight which we boarded without a boarding pass. While the Air India representatives in Frankfurt organized that we arrive at our destination, they did not think about our Air India flight from Goa to Kathmandu. Long story short: The agents in Goa could not find the ticket and we booked a new flight to Mumbai in Economy Class. The agents in Mumbai could see the ticket but since we did not use the portion from Goa to Mumbai the ticket was now invalid…and we bought another Ticket from Mumbai to Kathmandu. (By now the ticket was refunded and we received a compensation. But that was a long way.) Verdict: I had quite a few other flights with Air India last year and there is always something that does not work. It is part of the adventure of travelling to India I guess, but in the future I will try to avoid Air India. It is just not a good airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Goa via Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"totally dissatisfied"

Trip Verified | We flew from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) to New Delhi, India on non stop Air India flight Number AI 104 in Business Class on April 11, 2018. After taking off from Washington, D.C. lunch was served around 12:30 P.M. After lunch the dinner was served around 9:30 P.M. almost after 9 hours. In these 9 hours there was no food service at all. They did not care to offer even a light snack or a sandwich. for nine hours and this was in the Business Class, we do not know what they did in the Economy Class. When asked the staff about this, we were told that they are suppose to serve only two meals in such a long flight. We can understand you serve two major meals but how about some snacks etc. in nine hours. It would have been fine but since I am a diabetic and need to eat some thing on regular intervals. But sorry that is the only food service they offer. Wanted to talk to the Supervisor about it and was told the supervisor would come to talk to you but of course nobody came to talk to us at all until we landed in New Delhi as if you simply do not care and if you are diabetic then it is your problem. We have flown in Business Class on so many different airlines around the world and have never experienced such a poor food service. Have you ever compared your business class service with other airlines? How can you compete with them with this kind of service? They serve food, drinks and snacks throughout the flight in Business Class without even asking. No wonder Air India is losing money. Who would like to pay this kind of money for Business Class and get this kind of service. It is surprising, at one time Air India was known for it's food service. We were totally dissatisfied.
RouteWashington to New Delhi
Date FlownApril 2018

"Save yourself some misery"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Colombo via New Delhi. I had a truly unforgettable experience with Air India - in its worst kind. In fact, two awful transit experiences in New Delhi from Kathmandu en route to Colombo and return. Both initial departure flights on separate days were delayed, conveniently resulting in my unexpected "royal" transit treatment in New Delhi! On my way to Colombo, the Delhi transit desk staff blankly told us that we had missed our connecting flight and simply would not board me on the next Sri Lankan Air with the excuse that this was a split ticket. Instead a staff member gave me a few numbers to call for the issuance of a new boarding pass. Eventually advising me it's best to purchase a new ticket as I was pressed for time. He even handed me a 'delay certificate' (w annotation at the bottom "We thank you for flying Air India and wish you a happy journey) that could be used as proof in the event I would like to be reimbursed for the new ticket purchased! Ultimately, I was stuck at the Delhi transit desk for 5+ hours (along with other angry customers), even after paying out of my pocket for a new connecting ticket as I was made to endlessly for the issuance of a new boarding pass. Save yourself some misery and avoid Air India like a plague!
RouteKathmandu to Colombo via New Delhi

"better than expectation"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Dubai via Mumbai. Good, better as compared to other Indian airlines. On time departure and arrival. Food was ok. More leg space and kind staff. Much better than expectation.
RouteBangalore to Dubai via Mumbai