Top 100 Airports

Air India

"we are stuck with this"

Verified Review | Flew Air India A319 from Calcutta to Aizawl via Imphal, a short flight. No expectation, just wanted to reach Aizawl safe and sound. Food is okay, cabin crews were not friendly, one crew to a lady passenger "why are you sitting here, this is for the airline engineer, move to the next seat" - no please, no can you. I felt bad for the young girl. Other than Jet Airways, no other option between the two cities, so we are stuck with this.
RouteCCU to AJL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a very pelasant experience"

London Heathrow to Delhi with Air India (AI112). Since I flew in from Dublin I checked-in 4 hours before the flight when it opened at 1730 hrs. Check-in was a breeze and went to the Maharaja lounge. The receptionist was missing but the lady in-charge of catering was polite enough to invite me inside and offer service. The snacks were quite adequate with lovely Indian dishes like chicken-legs, shammi kebab etc. The bar had a few drinks like Bacardi, Black label but no single malt whiskey. Now, coming to the flight as such, the departure was before time and the onboard service was good. The hostess and flight purser serving our side were very good. Bar was well stocked and I got my single malt - Talisker. The food was very good, as usual. My neighbor was pleasantly surprised with the night-suit that was provided. Seat quality is good but nothing near the one in Air India's B787's. Touch down was announced as 10.10 am (as against the scheduled 10.40 am) and the flight reached Delhi air space by 9.45 and was made to circle for nearly an hour. Reached at 10.45. A very pelasant experience and at an optimum cost.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteLHR to DEL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cabin crew were attentive"

Was really not sure what to expect on my first ever Air India flight flying from London Heathrow to Delhi, but very pleasantly surprised. The Dreamliner is a really good passenger experience, seats on Air India were wide and comfy, with large seat back tv, and superb views through the extra large windows. IFE was good, although lacked depth, especially on the audio side, where there was little for the western taste. Food was very good, I tried a Western and Indian vegetarian breakfast, both good in size and quality. Cabin crew were attentive and were happy to give me two cans of beer during drinks service. Departed on time and arrived on time, seat bet sign came on a few times but no turbulence materialized, so they were being cautious on this front, that's a good thing. Arrived on time into Delhi, airport was pretty empty, and e-visa / immigration took 5 minutes to pass through, bags through quickly and then into the humid and hot night air of Delhi. Enjoyed the experience, and the Dreamliner would not bother messing around travelling via the Middle East when you can have such good service on a non-stop flight.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteLHR to DEL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"excellent by economy standards"

Verified Review | The domestic sector was nothing special, with the flight delayed on account of heavy rains. Very bumpy and short flight - rushed service. The international sector was excellent by economy standards. Pushback was early. Friendly and attentive crew, a clean aircraft, simple yet tasty food. Service started almost immediately after take off, but this was good since it was a mid-night flight and with the trays cleared reasonably quickly, one could sleep. I was quite impressed.
AircraftA319, Boeing 787
RouteGOI to SIN via BOM
Date FlownJuly 2016

"experience was surprisingly nice"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Coimbatore with Air India. The experience was surprisingly nice. There was enough legroom, it was nice to have lunch which included salad, main course and dessert. In addition, the cabin crew were were polite, and the flight was on-time. This was against the worst reviews I have heard about Air India.
RouteBOM to CJB

"portions were adequate"

Air India flight from Mumbai to Bhubaneshwar was on time both ways, delayed by about 15 minutes on account of closure of main runway at Mumbai airport. Lunch was served on both sectors which was tasty and portions were adequate. Only grouse is that Air India uses gates which are at the far end of the terminal and so need a lot of walking to reach the gate.
RouteBOM to BBI
Date FlownJune 2016

"experienced a positive change"

Hyderabad to Chicago via Delhi with Air India. In November 2015 I flew from Chicago to Delhi. That time my experience was pathetic. The staff were lousy, seat was uncomfortable, the table was cracked, 80% of the inflight entertainment system was not working and the toilets were smelly. This time I had to book my tickets with Air India (no other option was availiable) and I felt a good change in the customer service and the aircraft itself. The crew was quite attentive this time and were happy to serve. They were smiling and friendly. The seats were quite uncomfortable but the enetertainment systems were working fine. Food served was good, although the gap between the second and last meal was quite a long. However when asked they offered juice and half sandwich to me. Toilets were clean and after experiencing a positive change I felt that they deserve a good review too.
RouteHYD to ORD via DEL

"definitely not recommended"

Melbourne to Delhi with Air India, and never Again. I was given a voucher in Melbourne for a hotel layover in Delhi. I misplaced it, and informed the airline before I boarded the flight. They told me not to worry, as the voucher was only for my records and that the hotel at Delhi airport had all of my details. Of course, I should have worried. The hotel receptionist in Delhi just kept on repeating, "I need a voucher." He told me to see the Air India desk downstairs. Of course, there was no Air India desk. When I did track someone down, the gentleman was totally unsympathetic. He refused to help in any way whatsoever, or offer any alternative solutions. Not his problem, basically. So, either I was lied to in the first place, or the staff member in Delhi just couldn't be bothered doing anything about it. Or both. As for the flight: it took place totally in daylight, although you wouldn't know it. Within ten minutes of lift-off, the windows were tinted black, and nobody could do anything about it for the next twelve hours. The reading light was inoperable too, so the whole trip was a bit like a Gothic nightmare. The inflight entertainment system contained few options, and most of those were pretty uninspiring. The service was minimal and mostly unsmiling, and the food was only just passable. And the flight was one hour late to depart and two hours late to arrive. Definitely not recommended. Spend the extra money and buy a quality travel experience.
RouteMEL to DEL

"absolutely dreadful experience"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Hong Kong via Delhi. I had an absolutely dreadful experience with Air India. I flew from Mumbai to Delhi to connect with AI314 to Hong Kong, departing at 11pm. In Delhi I lost my boarding pass, and alerted the crew at the gate immediately. They sent me running to the duty free to check if they had found it, but when I ran back telling them that I didn't find it, they told me they wouldn't be able to reissue me with a new one, and that I'd have to rebook on the same flight 24 hours later. I had to watch the other passengers board and the flight depart, even though I had my ticket and passport handy. What followed was an ordeal. I waited for an hour before anyone contacted me to help me go back through security, immigration, and get my luggage back. The Air India ground crew were a mixture of sympathetic and completely uncaring. It seemed impossible to speak to the same staff member twice, and no one actioned anything unless I pushed and pushed. After 4 hours, I finally managed to clear customs and security. They made me rebook the flight for approximately US$300. I then handed my passport to the check-in counter manager and waited for my luggage. After an hour, I spoke to a new staff member, who clarified that nothing had been done yet. The lady I spoke to initially clearly didn't initiate any effort to get my luggage for me. This process was repeated three times, each time speaking with someone else. The last person I spoke to couldn't even tell me who had my passport by this stage, asking me if I knew who I gave it to, which was outrageous. At this point I was also worried for my passport, as well as my luggage. Finally, sometime after 6:15am I finally managed to get my bag and leave the airport. This seven hour ordeal is not over yet, as I am writing this review from Delhi airport, 27 hours after initially leaving Mumbai. The direct flight from Mumbai to Hong Kong is only just over 5 hours. Air India have wasted my time, money, and have shown themselves to be a company with a culture of complete indifference towards their customers. I may have lost my boarding pass, but these things happen, and some understanding and assistance on their part would have been greatly appreciated. To add to my negative experience, two of their crew told me - separately - that they would have issued me with a new boarding pass had they been working at the desk at the time. Air India deprived me of sleep, wasted my time, and also my money, for something that could've been taken care of easily and left me a satisfied customer.
RouteBOM to HKG via DEL
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff just do the basics"

Verified Review | Chicago to Delhi with Air India. Food not good quality and not up to international standards. The lunch that was served had a hard dinner roll as bread with the curry. I have flown on Etihad as well which was a 14 hours flight from the US and the quality of food was much better. The staff only do what is required, nothing more. No water during rest hours. They served lunch and then vanished. Every other airline makes sure to serve passengers something every 3-4 hours. Air India staff just do the basics.
RouteORD to DEL