Air India

"cabin crew was nice"

Verified Review | Newark to Mumbai, flight was good, seats just average, some seats were broken and you can see stick with tapes. Food was good, cabin crew was nice. Plane took off 15 minutes late but luckily reach 25 minutes before time. Initially TV screens were not working, but then pilots reboot the system during take off and every thing was fine. Take off and Landing was smooth. Media content was somewhat old, so please be mindful.
RouteNewark to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not reflective of our culture"

Verified Review | Delhi to Milan return via Rome. Delhi to Milan flight the aircraft quality is good, good legroom, comfortable seats, food good, cabin crew especially male stewards were good. The flight was on time. On the way back the flight was delayed a bit but mostly due to luggage handling. But a staff onboard literally threw the dinner plate at my fellow passengers, and when i had gone to submit my used glass of water her behavior was appalling. By the end of the flight the aisle was all filthy because the staff didnt bother to pickup the waste. There seemed a tendency to overlook and treat passengers with unprofessionalism as majority were Indians, but considering expats too were flying with us such behavior was a disgrace and not reflective of our culture.
RouteMilan to Delhi via Rome

"worst flight experience"

Verified Review | Awful. First, the divider between the business class seats were absolutely filthy. No WiFi service on board. In-flight entertainment was limited. I'm a gold level flier and this was my worst flight experience. I reclined my seat and it failed to return to a seated position about 5 hours into a flight. After messing with the seat for 15 minutes, the flight attendant put me in another seat - only to find out that that seat did not recline at all. 15 minutes later, a discussion with the purser, I was switched with another passenger and found his dirty socks in my seat. In that seat, the entertainment system failed to work. This was a 15 hour flight that I flew business class and paid over $4000 for a ticket on. I would have rather traveled premium economy on United. The experience would have been much better. My complaint to the airline came back as "yes, we agree that everything happened just as you said it, but you need to deal with it since it was a one time thing." I will never, ever fly them again.
RouteNew Delhi to New York JFK

"Worst experience ever"

Verified Review | Raipur to Bangalore via Delhi. Worst experience ever. Our connecting flight got preponed and there was no support from the airline. We faced the cancellation of indigo as well, but thanks to them that they themselves rebooked the other flight and sent us the details saying if we want any change, there is option for that. The problems we faced with Air India - Customer service guys said that they can't help and asked to call at the airport but declined to give number of airport. Airport guys gave some other number and asked to call their admin office or asked us to go to the office for further details. No one picked the call for 2 hours in the admin office and then told that we have to call back later. Finally when we requested that we have urgent work and have to reach on monday for office they re booked the tickets and asked us to collect the tickets from the office within half an hour. Later on request they mailed it. Request you not to torture the passengers and make their experience worst with Air India.
RouteRaipur to Bangalore via Delhi

"leg space was amazing"

Verified Review | Boarding was quick, considering the number of passengers waiting to be boarded. I'm impressed with the seats. They're comfortable, had nice cushions, and most important the leg space was amazing. I had never flown in any airline which had so much leg space in Economy. They had only veg food. Why would you not have non-veg? This was very strange. The choice of European cuisine was limited. Overall, it was a great flight. After a long time, I was able to sleep very well.
RouteVienna to Delhi

"enjoyed the hospitality"

Verified Review | Amritsar to Delhi. The snacks provided on the flight of just an hour is amazing. Great service keep it up. North American airlines are nowhere close to the service provided by Air India, I really enjoyed the hospitality.
RouteAmritsar to Delhi

"An excellent service"

Verified Review | London to Delhi. An excellent service and experience. This was my first time travelling with AI and I was amazed with service from ground staff to onboard. I'm looking forward flying with AI again in future.
RouteLondon to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"crew were absolutely superb"

Verified Review | Flew Kochi to Dubai. My first experience of Air India's Dreamliner fleet, it was fabulous, for a change the in-flight services and crew were absolutely superb, just like the way you get treated in premium routes like London-Kochi, superb experience. Seats were wide enough, superb legroom, good food, nice service, superb interiors and amazing flight. Keep it up Air India.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 Dreamliner
RouteKochi to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"half hearted attitude"

Verified Review | I'm not sure if service on this sector has always been mediocre with Air India, but I am definitely less than satisfied with the service I was given from the airline on one of their most significant international routes. Currently reeling under the situation of being sold off privately, the airline seems to be in splits as far as operations go. And my dissatisfaction started right from the check in kiosk itself, with the representative not from AI, but from a contract with the DIAL corp. The attitude this representative was showing unnecessarily was very upsetting. Boarded the flight with a half-hearted Namaskar from the flight attendant, something I was not expecting as AI FA's used to be the pride of the airline and a great first impression with their onboard greetings. This half hearted attitude stayed throughout the entire crew faculty present onboard the flight. No proper training given either; the methods used by the FA's to receive and give drinks was extremely clumsy as well as the attitude with which flight information was given. Food was also mediocre, not so special, but appreciated. No complaints from the flight timing, took off and landed before time! The aircraft however was extremely old, no personal IFE screen and the seats were not as comfy, not to mention dirty. While deboarding, the attitude of get-off-the-plane-already was present. Completely ruined even the last impression of the flight. Overall I do not encourage travellers to board AI, they don't seem to take customer reviews and feedback seriously to improve service. Price wise flight was great though and timing was efficient, being one of the first flights to leave the capital for KTM. Mind you, I've travelled with AI before too and was not pleased those times either!
RouteNew Delhi to Kathmandu
Date FlownOctober 2017

"meal served filling and sufficient"

Verified Review | Flight departed half hour late, arrived 15 mins behind schedule. The meal served onboard was very filling and sufficient. Seat pitch was nice and the crew was professional. Seats were a little worn out but was still ok for a 2 hour flight. The crew were professional and not rude. Tea / coffee was served after the meals. Overall the flight was worth the money.
RouteMumbai to Bhubaneswar