Vote Now

Air India

"everything was an effort"

Verified Review | Flew Birmingham to Delhi with Air India. Decent plane but poorly organised check in, left one hour late and landed late because of fog they said, missed our connecting flight to Varanasi and they were no help at all. Inflight entertainment poor, grumpy staff except a couple, didn't monitor the cabin, everything was an effort. One screen didn't work at all on the return and earphone plug on way out was damaged. Never had one of their flights that took off on time. Would never use them again even on a direct flight.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteBHX to DEL

"worst experience ever"

Verified Review | Worst experience ever with Air India! I traveled alone with my 9 month old son from Frankfurt to Delhi and onto Sydney! It's a very long and exhausting flight and I think everybody knows with a baby it's even harder! The first problems started when they weren't be able to print the boarding pass for my son. They kept me 2 hours in front of the check-in that I couldn't care properly for my son. Just waiting. Without toilet, food or anything! After this 2 hours they gave me just the boarding pass until Delhi and I had to run carrying my son and all the luggage to the boarding as this had started already. Really stressful! My son was starving and already to tired to eat. Luckily I ordered a bassinet in advance for the whole flight. When we arrived in Delhi we had a 3 hours stopover. And again they kept us 3 hours in front of the security check because of the boarding pass. No toilets, no food again - just hard chairs to wait on. I was really desperate as my son was just crying. They didn't care. I got more and more stressed. At the end they wrote a manual boarding pass and I had to run again to the boarding to get my 12 hours flight. Terrible!
RouteFRA to SYD via DEL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"friendly, patient, efficient cabin crew"

Verified Review | This flight from Bodhgaya to Delhi was the latest of about 20 domestic flights sectors completed with Air India over the last 3 - 4 years. The level of service has remained consistent in all areas, with some aspects of service stronger than others. This flight was originally due to depart Bodhgaya at 14.35h arriving in Delhi at 16.25h. An initial delay to a revised 16.00h departure was notified by e-mail several hours in advance. Check-in queue management at Bodhgaya airport was poor but agent service was good once you eventually got to the check-in desk. After further delay at Bodhgaya airport the flight eventually departed shortly after 18.00h and arrived at Delhi at about 20.00h. Not a single delay announcement was made at Bodhgaya airport and the information board simply showed the word 'delay' next to the flight number. We had no idea how long the delay would be until we saw our aircraft land. Except for an expensive coffee kiosk there were no customer facilities while waiting. The flight itself was straightforward and typical of one on Air India's short-haul A320 fleet with friendly, patient, efficient cabin crew and reasonably comfortable seating in a slightly grubby cabin. A simple in-flight snack was served. No announcements from the captain except an abrupt order for cabin crew to take their seats for take off and again for landing. Cabin crew announcements included a sincere apology for the delay. Arrived at Delhi's Terminal 3 where we exited through the international arrivals section because our flight had originated in Yangon, Burma, before picking up passengers in Bodhgaya. This meant that the domestic passengers among us had to join a long slow-moving queue to clear, bizarrely, passport control, where just two desks were dedicated to clearing many domestic passengers, presumably from several flights. It took more than an hour just to get as far as the baggage hall. The lesson is to remember to leave plenty of time if you take a domestic flight with Air India before connecting to an international flight.
RouteGAY to DEL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the crew were polite to passengers"

Verified Review | I was pleasantly surprised with my trip with Air India from Mumbai to Goa. It was such a comfortable journey. I have flown previously on International sectors with AI, but, never experienced such comfort. To start off, the crew were polite to passengers. However, they could have toned down their laughter and language when in the Galley. Meal was reasonable for a short domestic flight. IFE was non-existent as the screens were covered with a headrest cover. Overall, I really liked this flight because they depart from Terminal 2 at Mumbai and because I noticed a positive change in the crew's approach towards passengers. I would not hesitate to try them again on the narrow body planes for domestic flights.
RouteBOM to GOI
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"service was really good"

Verified Review | London to Vadodara via Delhi. I last traveled in Air India in January 2014 and the service was horrible. This time service was really good. Staff was happy to help, were very polite and they were young and fresh. Good food and good service. I was very surprised by all this and there is a massive difference in the service and for better.
RouteLHR to BDQ via DEL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"food was actually very good"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I traveled Milan to Chennai via Delhi. Not much to complain except the total lack of communication for baggage picking and delay announcements: in Milan I was told (several times) that my luggage would have been sent directly to Chennai, but I had to collect it in Delhi and checking it in again before departing to Chennai. Moreover, the flight to Chennai was heavily delayed and we had no info from Air India while waiting for it. Seat was comfortable enough, I had better experience but there was room enough for my legs (I'm 1.83m tall). Food was actually very good: I opted for the vegetarian meal and it was tasty and abundant. InFlight entertainment could be better: plenty of Indian movies and old international ones but few choices for the new international movies. That said, since the ticket was quite cheap Air India is a good value for money option.
RouteMXP to MAA via DEL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin crew was very helpful"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Frankfurt via Delhi. The flight from Mumbai to Delhi got cancelled and I was put aboard a Mumbai to Shanghai flight which stopped in Delhi. This flight had delay. The staff of this flight was very courteous and helpful. The flight was clean and the infotainment system performed problem free. The next flight from Delhi to Frankfurt the cabin crew was very helpful and courteous. The seats were comfortable. They served very good Indian food . At the end of the cabin was a place where drinks and juices along with peanuts were kept ready for the passengers. The luggage allowance of Air India is also generous. In all a very good service. Negatives - the Air India magazine was not in good shape and the ground crew of Air India are not exactly up to the mark...
RouteBOM to FRA via DEL
Date FlownDecember 2016

"don't recommend this carrier"

Verified Review | Hyderabad to Chicago via New Delhi. Planned early and selected required seats during purchase. I travel every year and I usually select seats at the time of purchase. I never had different seats than what I usually select initially. This time Air India changed my seats and gave horrible explanation when I requested for change of seats. I don't recommend this carrier due to this type of service.
RouteHYD to ORD via DEL
Date FlownDecember 2016

"departed and landed on time"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Kathmandu to Delhi. Good flight that departed and landed on time. Very high security with Air India (only) also screening all passengers on the tarmac again before they board the plane with intensive hand luggage search. Fairly old plane but not full and comfortable seating and legroom. Nice hot snack provided on short flight. Disappointed that checkin staff were unable to provide boarding pass for my connecting flight despite it being on one ticket (and hold baggage sent all the way through to London). Quick disembarkation at Delhi despite needing to use bus.
RouteKTM to DEL
Date FlownDecember 2016

"very efficient and friendly"

Verified Review | Ahmedabad to Delhi. I was really impressed by Air India on this trip. I had to change my initial flight and the call centre was excellent - you get through to them immediately and they promptly complied with my request. Check in staff were very helpful. Flight departed and arrived on time. Cabin was in good condition. On a 1hour and 15 minute flight, we were served a delicious dinner. This is one area where Air India really score on internal flights - they serve excellent hot meals even on short-haul flights. Crew was very efficient and friendly with genuine smiles to boot. Baggage service was excellent too. All in all an excellent flight.
RouteAMD to DEL