Air India

"cabins were grubby"

Verified Review | This was the first and the last time we chose to fly Air India so perhaps the first sentence sayes it all. The positives - there was good leg room on the seats, the flights departed on time. However the rest I'm afraid then went downhill. The cabins were grubby, I had to ask numerous times for a cloth to wipe my area and screen as there were finger marks of old food still on the screen. We felt that the crews on all the legs were all quite surly and really did not want to be there and anything was a bit too much of a bother. Once the meal service was done they all huddled in the galley and sat and read. On the transit at Delhi the ground staff were not much better at the customer service experience either, we were met with rude agents barking orders where to go as we had not heard an announcement due to having queued in security for an hour. All in all, not a good experience when compared with the other airlines we have flown with- Emirates, Singapore, Malaysia, Etihad and whilst they may be cheaper it may certainly be true that you get what you pay for but for us - never again.
RouteBangkok to Birmingham via Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"consider Air India in future"

Verified Review | London to Chennai via Mumbai. I had to book with Air India as there tickets were on sale and within my budget during the busy school holiday period. London Heathrow to Mumbai was delayed by 40 minutes but we reached Mumbai on time, food and drinks were served on time and were sumptuous. The seats had the most leg room compared to other carriers I have travelled with. The only problem I had to face was with the entertainment system which was not working but I had my laptop so I was not bored. I would consider Air India in future.
RouteLondon to Chennai via Mumbai

"Service is bad"

Verified Review | Hyderabad to Chicago via Delhi. My TV screen didn't work for the entire flight of 16 hours, not only mine entire 4 rows didn't work so I couldn't even change my seat. Service is bad, staff are rude and didn't respond to our complaints. Food, can't expect more from any airlines but same old.
RouteHyderabad to Chicago via Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Staff were courteous"

Verified Review | Check in and security check was very efficient. Staff were courteous and accommodated my request for a window seat politely. Plane was nicely maintained and FAs were attentive. Left on time and actually arrived few minutes early. Instructions or signage for connections were little bit confusing. Some of the passengers were routed through international transfer desk and other have to go around at Delhi airport.
RouteAmritsar to Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Would travel with them again"

Verified Review | London to Mumbai. The departure was delayed a bit due to a medical emergency on the inbound flight. Crew started drinks service accompanied by a pack of peanuts. Drinks included apple, orange juice, whiskey, water. As I opted for the veg option, the lunch consisted of paneer kofta with rice and vegetables with a bun, salad and kheer for dessert. The meal was quite tasty and filling which was good. Afterwards, the IFE kept me occupied for most part of the flight. The IFE was not expansive but for a 9 hour journey managed to keep me occupied. The crew dimmed the windows after lunch to make passengers get some sleep. Before landing, supper was provided which consisted of a samosa, veg cutlet and panner tikka with a bun, fruits and gulab jamun for dessert. Arrival in Mumbai was delayed by 35 mins. The seats were quite comfortable, the crew were a bit stiff but provided regular drinks. However, at the end of the flight the cabin area was a complete mess with blankets and debris all over the floor. Would travel with them again on this sector.
RouteLondon to Mumbai

"inconsistency stands out"

Verified Review | Delhi to Bangkok return. The thing that stands out is the inconsistency in overall rating. That was exactly my experience - inconsistent. Not sure what to expect. DEL-BKK: Boeing 787, ample leg space, acceptable IFE, acceptable inflight service, helping and offering of drinks. Flight stewards did their job, all boxes ticked, nothing to complain-nothing to write home about. All these compared to the price I paid- good value for money BKK-DEL: Morning flight, same equipment, same IFE. But the only variable factor, in flight service, fell like nine pins. Type of meal I prefer finished by the time it came to me, since this is a morning flight, they were not serving drinks (never seen that before). When requested, got snubbed down badly by flight steward. Overall verdict: good for price sensitive travelers but don't expect much from service standpoint. Barring that, expect tick in most of the boxes.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Would fly again with Air India"

Verified Review | Mumbai to London. I was happy with the experience on this flight. For breakfast I opted for the vegetarian option, a veg cutlet, stuffed parathas and bhurji was provided along with a croissant, fruits and tea. The inflight entertainment was ample. I managed to get a few hours of sleep as well. The seats are comfortable enough. The crew were very polite and professional and provided regular drinks. Before landing lunch was served. Once again opted for the veg course of vegetables with rice and rajma followed by dessert and tea. The quality and quantity of food served aboard this flight was excellent. The fact that steel cutlery was used instead of plastic forks/knives was quite impressive. Would fly again with Air India and recommend this.
RouteMumbai to London
Date FlownAugust 2017

"pleasantly happy with the experience"

Verified Review | I had travelled on the early morning flight from Mumbai to London on this Air India flight and was pleasantly happy with the experience on this flight. The flight departed on time and the load on this sector was quite a bit. After takeoff, the breakfast service commenced and as I had opted for the vegetarian option, a veg cutlet, stuffed parathas and bhurji was provided along with a croissant, fruits and tea. The breakfast was very tasty and sumptuous. The inflight entertainment was ample for this 9 hour journey and had sufficient programs to keep one occupied. I also managed to get a few hours of sleep aswell in economy class. The seats are comfortable enough and there is ample legroom. Quite possibly the best legroom for intercontinental flights in economy. The crew were very polite and carried out their tasks with utmost professionalism and provided regular drinks of water/juice to the passengers. Before landing the crew distributed immigration cards and also lunch was served. Once again opted for the veg course which consisted of mixed vegetables with rice and rajma followed by dessert and tea. The quality and quantity of food served aboard this flight was excellent and we arrived also perfectly on time which was excellent. The fact that steel cutlery was used instead of plastic forks/knives was quite impressive. Would definitely fly again with Air India and recommend this.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteMumbai to London

"the worst experience"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Riyadh to Delhi. It was the worst experience, though it has never been excellent. The aircraft didn't have a TV screen. It didn't have the pillows. The food was disaster, no pickles, no salad, no bun and butter, no mouth freshener, no wet tissues. Looked as we are on a budget flight.
RouteRiyadh to Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"lack of basic customer service "

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | New Delhi to Hong Kong. I am disgusted and appalled at the lack of basic customer service shown by the Delhi airport Air India staff. I have travelled Air India many times and taken advantage of their ‘airport upgrade’ service whereby once can move from economy to business for a relatively reasonable fee. However, this trip I received a mail in advance saying I could arrange over the phone to increase certainty of a seat within 24hrs. I thought fantastic – but in hindsight I wish I had never received the mail. After the first 20 mins phone call they advised I was too early and so arranged call back. This was executed, but done two hours later and so again not within the 24hrs so another wasted 20mins. I called back the next day to arrange and 20mins later was advised it was completed and would see new ticket issued. It didn’t come but my CR card notified of a transaction and so I assumed all good. I got to airport ready to have an easy journey with no fuss. First off I was advised no upgrade been done, no record. I showed CR Card and asked them to sort out whereby everyone walked away and left me for 10mins until I insisted in speaking to the most senior person. The Duty Manager has not a single ounce of customer service in his body! No acknowledgement, no sorry no apology. After another 15-20mins they tell me the transaction was cancelled and refunded as they forgot to charge the GST. And so I should pay again! At this stage again no apologies or acceptance that this was their problem not mine. Then I had to go to another area and pay again with no service and no priority. My advice to all unfortunately is to avoid this airline if you can
RouteNew Delhi to Hong Kong