Best Cabin Crew

Air India

"might even fly them again"

I read a lot of very negative reviews of Air india, and was quite nervous of what to expect when we flew from London to Kolkata return via Delhi in January 2016. It was a lot better than we expected. The Boeing 787's used on the route helped, being new(ish) with mostly working in-flight entertainment. Usually either the touchscreen or the keypad was non-responsive on each unit, but luckily not both. The choice of entertainment was fairly limited but adequate for a return long-haul trip. The cabin crew were polite and delivered the children's meals we'd ordered (after being asked) and the children's meals were the expected bland fish fingers and pasta affair. The food on the return leg from India was some of the best airline food I'd had. The cabin crew didn't circulate after meal times, but snacks / drinks were available on a trolley at the rear. The toilets were not well maintained on the long haul leg, and the one nearest to us was almost unusable by the end of the flight. Others were slightly better. Our bags were checked through the transfer, and arrived as expected. There were no flight delays. Overall, it was OK, and I might even fly with them again.
RouteLHR to CCU via DEL

"worst flying experience"

Birmingham to Bangkok return via Delhi. I've ben traveling for 40 years and have to say Air India has been my worst ever flying experience. Do not expect to get to your destination on time. Had to wait 3 hours on Bangkok's runway, and missed my connecting flight from Delhi to Birmingham, so had to wait 24hrs in Delhi for the next flight. On way back delays again, then had to wait 36 hrs for my case that was left in Delhi. No feedback from them. I would never travel with them again. Forget how tempting their fares may be.
RouteBHX to BKK via DEL

"crew lacked hospitality"

Hyderabad to Delhi with Air India, and it is one of the worst airlines I have flown. The cabin crew lacked hospitality and the aircraft was poorly maintained. The airport service was also bad, with poorly trained staff having limited knowledge. Overall, a lack of professionalism, processes and poor management. Standards are not up to the mark of a national carrier.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteHYD to DEL
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"our worst experience "

We recently toured cities on River Ganga - Haridwar, Rishikesh, Varanasi and Allahabad. Our tour operator used various airlines; Air India, Jet Airways and Spicejet. Our worst experience was with Air India. Ahmedabad to Delhi flight (AI 011) was delayed by over 3 hours. No apologies from crew including the pilot and his first officer for the delay and inconvenience caused. Only cheese sandwics and water were offered. That is perhaps okay for a short flight. The toilets were not properly cleaned after the previous flight. Toilet rolls were offered instead of paper towels. The cabin staff were really not interested in what they were doing. Our return flight from Delhi to Ahmedabad (AI013) was even worse. My wife I were seated separately. The cabin staff were rude. Toilets unclean and again toilet rolls for paper towels. In contrast Jet Airways and Spice were on time, with cleaner aircrafts, polite crew and better snacks
RouteAMD to DEL

"sent to a poor hotel"

(Argentina)

Varanasi to Amritsar via Delhi with Air India. The first flight was delayed which meant that we missed the second flight Air India sent us to a poor hotel - no dinner, no paper in the bathrooms, no towels and no heater, although I asked. No breakfast at 6.30am , when I must return to airport, being afraid about what would happen next with our flights.
RouteVNS to ATQ via DEL

"ruined end of holiday"

Air India ruined the end of our holiday, flying from Colombo to Paris via Delhi. Flight from Colombo was not at 8:20 am but 12:20pm, so we arrived late at Delhi and missed the flight. About 20 people were already arguing with the staff at the transfer and after 4 hours they said that they will try to put us on a flight from another airline. Between this time no excuses, they were asking us to wait till midnight (about 12 hrs waiting for maybe nothing) - at the transfer finally after this time they propose us a room because they were impossible to give us a flight. After an awful night, we had a boarding pass at 12.40 pm but 1 hour late again! I asked them the official delad paper, they promised this, but I had to run after it. I also asked them to check if my luggage was in the plane because I know that they are incompetent. Now, after 25 hours later, one day of work missed, my luggage is still in Delhi after they promise me that it is the plane. We lose so much energy and when you see other people who had the same problems as us, you don't understand how Air India can be in Star Alliance - they don't deserve it. Just pay a bit more money and have no stress.
RouteCMS to CDG via DEL

"most uncomfortable flights"

I will not recommend or travel with Air India again. We were travelling from Birmingham to Bangkok via Delhi on our honeymoon. We were delayed for nearly 30 hours in Birmingham - what a start! Staff were rude and most unhelpful. Since returning from my holiday I have made a number of attempts to speak with someone regarding my complaint to no avail. Poor customer service and most uncomfortable flights.
RouteBXH to BKK via DEL
Date FlownDecember 2015

"a really bad experience"

I had a really bad experience with Air India from Goa to London via Delhi. and our flights were delayed. No assistance flying with a child. Food was really bad. Delhi to London didn't offer any version of non Indian or not spicy food. It's very challenging to travel 10 hours with a child in these conditions.
RouteGOI to LHR via DEL

"it's time to grow up"

When Air India announced its San Francisco to Delhi non-stop flights, I was quite excited to have a new option. I was hopeful that it had evolved from its delay and lost luggage days to give competition a bang for its frequent flyer miles. I still remember the stress my mom went through years ago when AI misplaced our bag containing my birth certificate (from Denmark), and other important docs. Fast forward 30 or so years to our flight last week from Delhi to SFO. After a nearly three-hour delay, we landed in SFO to find one of our bags missing. After the obligatory filed complaint, we have called several times a day only to be told that it 'may' show up on the next flight. We're not the only ones. Two weeks ago, they replaced my nephew's expensive sitar! How do you misplace a sitar?? Air India, it's time to grow up and take responsibility. Or, graciously surrender "your place in the sky."
RouteDEL to SFO
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"do not care about their customer"

We travelled Delhi to Melbourne return on Air India - on Delhi to Melbourne route there was no entertainment system functioning, and everything was of very poor standard from the state of the aircraft to standard of customer care. However the real drama was on the journey from Melbourne to Delhi. On arrival at Delhi we were told all our bags were left deliberately at Melbourne and it took 7 days for Air India to get the bags back from Melbourne to India. The phone number given to us at Delhi airport could never be reached. We had to employ an agent in Jaipur to get our bags retrieved, after hundreds of phone calls and after seven days the only place Air India could get the bags back was in Jaipur airport. Our internal flight with Air India was rescheduled and cancelled at the last minute. This was from Goa to Delhi via Mumbai. This is a shameful airline, who managed to ruin our trip. They do not care about their customer.
RouteDEL to MEL