Air India

"Overall experience was really good"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | New Delhi to Dhaka via Kolkata. First time flying with Air India. Was a bit excited when I found out I will be flying in the Boeing 787-8 to Kolkata, and from there, connecting flight to Dhaka in an Airbus A319. Check in at Delhi was a bit frustrating because their software were having troubles. So had to wait a bit longer in line. But finally I was directed towards the gate. The plane was prepped in time. While boarding the plane, I was recording video, but a flight attendant by the door of the aircraft gave objection to it. His behaviour was rude. He took my hand and told to delete that video in front of him. I was a bit shocked at his rude behaviour. But I did as he asked. He told me that it is against their policy to record video which I was not aware of. Still, I apologised. Nevertheless, the plane was amazing. The economy window seat which I got had plenty of leg room and great seat incline and massage options. Most importantly, the infotainment system of the aircraft was amazing. I enjoyed that a lot. The plane took of on time. After 40 mins, meal was served. Food was rice, chicken, vegetables, salad, bun with butter along with ingredients to make tea/coffee by yourself. After a 2 hr flight, the plane landed smoothly Then the connecting flight from Kolkata to Dhaka was in an Airbus A319. That aircraft was delayed by 20 mins. The plane had a bit tight legroom. The onboard served snack wasn't good on this one. There was dry, cold Singara and cake. The plane made some noises during the flight. This Aircraft, perhaps ,wasn't properly maintained. Anyways, landed in Dhaka after a 1 hr flight. Overall experience was really good.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / A319
RouteDelhi to Dhaka via Kolkata

"definitely not recommend"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Pantnagar to Delhi. Before booking the ticket, I checked past week departure history of the flight using Air India website. The website showed departed on time which made me book the flight. While entering the airport, a security guard informed that the flight is not flying from weeks due to bad weather conditions during that season. I was shocked and worried since I needed to board an international flight from Delhi. Well, I inquired from Air India staff about today's flight status and got a diplomatic answer saying uncertainty in flying. The flight was delayed by 1 hour approximately. After landing Delhi airport, I checked the status of the same flight online. Surprisingly, it was not updated and showing that departure and arrival are scheduled on time. The web-based flight status service was showing incorrect information again and created huge trouble for me. Not to mention that the behavior of Air India staff at inquiry room is completely unacceptable. Also, Air India did not inform me in advance about the flight status via email or SMS. In conclusion, I would definitely not recommend Air India to anyone.
RoutePantnagar to Delhi

"delayed by 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Pune to Raipur via Hyderabad. They've no respect for time the flight was delayed by 4 hours. The staff is disrespectful. Have been delaying the ETD every half an hour to a total of more that 4 hours. This way first and last flight with Air India - can never be professional.
RoutePune to Raipur via Hyderabad
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"lost a customer for life"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Delhi. How this airline is still operational is beyond my belief. Absolutely pathetic service right from the check in counter. If you're openly entertaining economy class passengers in the business class line, what's the point of having a separate line? These are the basic facilities that you pay for when you buy a business class ticket. Also, why is Air India the only airline where you cannot enter the executive lounge? Are they saving that much money that they can't even renew their lounge contract? Absolutely filthy aircraft and ill-mannered crew. You've definitely lost a customer for life.
RouteKathmandu to Delhi

"No value of time"

Trip Verified | Flew Bhopal to Mumbai with Air India. Kindly understand the value of time of people! Flight was delayed by 30mins from its scheduled time. Luggage took 25 mins to be on belt. Belt number wasn't mentioned on flight itself which normally other flights do! No value of time of other people. I missed a connecting train which was an hour later because of this.
RouteBhopal to Mumbai
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"the whole Air India team was welcoming"

Trip Verified | Flew Mumbai to Bhubaneswar. I was very surprised by the service, the whole Air India team was welcoming. There were more flight attendants than I see usually with other airlines. Each one was taking care of every customer. Most of the luggage lifting and its arrangement was done by them (unlike other airlines). Special care was taken of kids and elderly people. The airplanes have much spaced and are comfortable. (Similar to business class seats of other domestic Indian airlines). When I sat on my seat I felt like I had upgraded my ticket to business class at no extra cost). Each passenger was served a fresh and excellent meal at no extra cost (unlike super over charged stale sandwiches from the other domestic airlines). I am a foodie so trust me the food was amazing. They even served coffee and tea to everyone at no extra charge (I pay 160 Rs to 200 Rs for one coffee with other domestic airlines). The ambience of airplanes reflects the Indian culture. You receive warmth, love and care like you would receive from any Indian home. I had a bad impression of Air India until today. The ticket rates are competitive and sometimes cheaper than others.
RouteMumbai to Bhubaneswar
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"behaved as if they doing us a favour"

Trip Verified | Flew Newark to Mumbai. The worst airline one can ever travel with. My seat was not reclining nor was my TV working and when I requested the crew he said - "madam please I am busy". When I complained to the other crew member he said he would help me and after that both the flight attendants started avoiding me. Travelling for 14 and a half hours without TV and it was not just me, there were so many other passengers having the same problem. They behaved as if they doing us a favor. Will never recommend Air India to anyone, no matter how good a deal you get online.
RouteNewark to Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2017

"crew barely smiled"

Trip Verified | Bhubaneswar to Mumbai. A mixed bag with Air India. Flew HYD to BBI and back to BOM. The outbound flight was fine, left right on time with an on time arrival into BBI. They served a reasonable lunch on board though minimal smiles from the crew. Aircraft was new and seemed clean. The return flight BBI to BOM, a different story. Arrived at airport 90 minutes before departure and told that flight was on time. Proceeded to gate and waited for aircraft which was not insight. All signage said that flight was on time. At departure time no aircraft and went online to find out flight is 2 hours delayed. No Air India staff present in a small tiny airport. Flight finally came and we took off- no explanation or apology from the crew. Food awful on this afternoon flight and crew barely smiled. Multiple people with missed connections. Only positive is luggage arrived in 5 minutes on belt in both cities.
RouteBhubaneswar to Mumbai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"poor performance of cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London. Earlier this month I reviewed the outbound sector of my trip, this review covers the inbound sector on the 31st January. Although the plane was a Boeing 787, it was quite an old one and hence badly maintained. The seat cushions had all of the comfort sat out of them, there were quite a few overhead lights which did not work and both mine and my companions headset sockets were faulty. This time, the crew were a little bit better but only very marginally so. We were given a reasonable lunch meal soon after take off, the cabin crew came round once during the nearly 10 hour flight with water and our pre early evening landing snack of a roll was so cold as to be almost frozen. During the flight our "seat belt" lights came on a few times due to turbulence but this did not disturb the crew who stayed inside their curtained off galley areas and never came out to check that everyone had buckled up. When we were landing, no one came around to check that seat backs were in the upright position (and therefore many were not) nor to check that people had buckled in. The cabin crew member who was a few feet away from me and in charge of an emergency exit, closed his eyes and went to sleep for about 20 minutes whilst we were landing. I suspect he was assuming that if we crashed on landing, the jolt would wake him up ! Does anyone in Air India care about the poor performance of their economy class cabin crew? I imagine not because otherwise these reviews would not be published.
RouteDelhi to London
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"worst company of all time"

Trip Verified | Paris to Goa via Delhi. It's the worst company of all time and to avoid ! 10 hours late departing, not a smile or even a precise explanation. On the return we missed our connection. So we were obliged to sleep one night in Delhi in a hotel without window. The staff really was not professional, no smile or even compassion.
RouteParis to Goa via Delhi