Air Astana

"awful experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Tbilisi via Almaty. A horrible and awful experience I ever met. Unprofessional ground crew and poor arrangement of delayed flight. I wont take Air Astana again and wont recommend.
RouteHong Kong to Tbilisi via Almaty

Air Astana customer review

Trip Verified | Delhi to Almaty return. Our group was more than 20 passengers travelling to Almaty from Delhi on 10th Sept. We were very impressed with the in-flight service and the personal touch. One of the air hostesses also welcomed us both in Hindi and English. Our group’s return journey was on 17th September from Almaty to Delhi which was again very comfortable and the service was extremely good.
RouteDelhi to Almaty

21st September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Pavan, On behalf of the entire Air Astana team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us about your recent flight. It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback. By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing our mission, but exceeding the expectations of our valued passengers. Thank you for flying with us and we would love to see you onboard of our flight again! with regards,

"Worst flight experience"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Bishkek to Kuala Lumpur via Almaty. Worst flight experience in 30 years! The flight was grounded unannounced by the pilot after a minor medical emergency of an elderly lady who had become unconscious in economy class and all +200 passengers were forced to evacuate at Turkmenistan airport and were left there for 15 hours with no water, no food and zero care, whilst the crew was relaxing and recovering in their hotel. The flight resumed after 15 hours with the same crew, whom I perceived as careless and unprofessional. For one unconscious lady passenger, more than 200 were left stranded. Needles to say we lost our connection flights (different airline) in Kuala Lumpur and were forced to pay. This was the first and last time I took Air Astana and so will be my associated, family and friends.
RouteBishkek to Kuala Lumpur via Almaty

20th September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Andreas, We do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your flight KC935 on 13th of September. Indeed, we can confirm the emergency landing at the airport in Dushanbe (Tajikistan) due to the poor health of one of our passengers. Whilst we fully appreciate any delay is inconvenient to our customers, at Air Astana, the safety of the flight and safety of the passengers are our highest priorities. Regrettably we were unable to provide our usual high standard of service to passengers who were subject to this delay, due to the lack of facilities at this location. As a result of the interruption, our crew operating this flight then became subject to restrictions on maximum duty times, causing further delay to the service. We have received positive feedback from other passengers onboard this service. The relatives of the passengers praised our caring attitude and the decisive action of captain to make a forced landing at the nearest airport. We do hope for your understanding for what was a difficult and critical situation. With best regards,

"a high level of service"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Kuala Lumpur. My family and I travel with Air Astana and are accustomed to a high level of service provided by the airline. During a flight last week from Almaty to Kuala Lumpur I witnessed a crew have to respond to an emergency medical situation about an hour into the flight. The professionalism of the Captain and Crew in handling the situation resulted in saving the life of a passenger. Medical emergencies can happen to anyone and at any time. Having experienced the crew's actions first hand I am confident that my family and I are in safe hands with Air Astana.
AircraftB767
RouteAlmaty to Kuala Lumpur

20th September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Daniel, We highly appreciate your positive feedback and would like to assure you that the safety as well as a health of our passengers would be always our priorities. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you and your family onboard again soon. with best regards,

"Terrible experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience and terrible service. Its overpriced flights, for a direct 6H flight from Hong Kong to Almaty i paid 1700USD! For this price during the flight we didnt have TV, worked only 1 toilet, can you imagine the toilet condition, it was disgusting! Food was terrible and stewardess completely ignored when i asked for water at list 5 times. I was flying back from Almaty to Hong Kong with the stop at Beijing. When I was doing check-in at Almaty airport at Air Astana counter, as i have Nomad Club and its automatically set request window seat when i buy an online ticket, a representative from Air Astana said, they don't know why it doesn't work and they don't have time to check what is the problem. They gave me only one boarding pass, however, did check in to my baggage directly to HK. Air Astana representative said i don't need a China visa as only 2H transit and boarding pass they will give me at Beijing transit, as it was 5 AM flight transit counter was closed. i couldn't go through immigration as I don't have Chinese visa. I almost missed my flight, luckily because i been crying for 2H at immigration desk, the lady at immigration helped me and wrote on a piece of paper my boarding pass, to let me go through immigration so i can go to different Terminal where was my flight to HK. I arrived to HK my baggage was lost! I emailed and called to Air Astana the same date when I arrived in HKG, they promised to find my baggage as soon as possible and study my case with their terrible service, it was one week since Air Astana baggage department finally contacted me. Plus my suitcases arrived broken!
RouteHong Kong to Almaty
Date FlownFebruary 2018

18th September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Kristina, We would like to give you more detailed information on the situation that you are highlighting in the latest review. According to the report from our Ground Services team in Almaty, your baggage was registered to your final destination, you were given boarding pass to Beijing and our staff explained that 2nd boarding pass would be available in Beijing at the transfer counter as your further flight was operated by another carrier - Cathay Dragon Airlines. Let us highlight that the transfer counter in Beijing is not just an Air Astana or Cathay Dragon transfer counter. It is a general airport transfer counter for all airlines, and all transfer passengers wait there for the counter to be opened at 6am. Based on the report from our colleagues in Beijing, on arrival you were met by our staff, who checked your baggage tag and passport. After the transfer counter opened, you were provided with boarding pass on time and continued with your flight to Hong Kong. Regarding you baggage, let us provide you the following information. From Almaty your baggage was successfully carried to Beijing and transferred to Cathay Dragon in the transfer zone of Beijing airport. As we see in system file of Cathay Dragon your baggage was unloaded into incorrect zone. However it was found on the same day and it was delivered to you the following day. Cathay Dragon baggage claims staff were in touch with you until the baggage was delivered and later you have claimed damage of your baggage to Cathay Dragon Airlines. We hope that this clarifies our actions and endeavors. With regards,

"Terrible client relationship"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Seoul. The flight was delayed because of technical issues and this affected our travel plans, which ended up emptying our pockets because we had rearrange our following flights that were following. We wrote a letter to Air Astana 6-7 times requiring the compensation. We sent the invoice of our expenses, that we received from Vietnam representatives as a check of payment. Air Astana told us that invoice is not a valid document for compensation. We talked to Vietnam partner again, and received a letter from them stating that invoice document they gave us earlier serves as a check of payment in Vietnam and they can only provide the invoice document in their country. We forward this letter to AirAstana and never got response. Terrible client relationship. For two months I can not get my money back, not talking about the time value of money.
RouteAlmaty to Seoul

10th September 2018 : Air Astana response

Dear Zhanibek Khairulla, We would like to apologize for inconveniences you and your family have experienced. It is clear that we have not met your expectations with the initial communication. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for this and assure you that we'll provide you with our official response directly to your email without delay. with best regards,

Air Astana customer review

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Delhi via Almaty. Moscow to Almaty on a new Boeing 767, with personal entertainment screens and mood lighting. Staff accommodating and professional. The meal was delicious with metal cutlery. Wine and beer were complimentary (no spirits on the menu, though), and extras were served with no frowns. IFE was one of the best I experienced, no lag whatsoever. One weird thing was that the screen by design could not be adjusted when the seat in front was reclined, so the viewing angles could be uncomfortable. We were given outstanding amenity kits with neck air pillow, slippers, pen, some hand cream, eye shades and ear plugs. Different coloured kits seemed to have slightly different content, so make sure to collect them all. The crew passed the cabin with drinks several times after the meal service. Seat comfort was okay, nothing outstanding. Almaty to Delhi was on an older A321, with no personal screens. The seats were very comfortable with great seat pitch and traditional "thick" profile of the seats. Cabin crew were lovely and the meal was even better. There were some amenity kits given as well, except a bit smaller ones (which makes sense on a 3 hour daytime flight). You could access their entertainment via your own device and onboard wi-fi for free with no issues, and the selection was impressive, but the lack of power ports meant you will run out of power quite soon. Delhi to Almaty was practically the same as the flight from Almaty to Delhi. For Almaty - Moscow I have made a bet to upgrade on their website (the lowest amount possible), and we were upgraded to business. The flight on a Boeing 767 was wonderful with lie-flat seats, lots of privacy and space, great IFE and pleasant cabin. The cabin crew were very accommodating, greeting us with champagne as a pre-departure drink, and the purser greeted us by name, making sure we had a fantastic flight. Meals were delicious, each course was brought separately. If I could think of any improvement in business class, it would be alcohol menu, because there were just one type of champagne, one type of white and red wine (plus lots of spirits and cocktails). I believe the wine card can and should be improved. Their Bloody Mary was perfect, by the way. Almaty airport is an absolute disaster - it's small, crowded, with nowhere to sit or relax, no decent cafes, everyone is shouting at everyone. Even in business class lounge there is nothing to eat or drink for free, which is just a disgrace. Our luggage made it, and the flights were on time, though. To conclude, I recommend Air Astana, and the economy experience is outstanding, but I will try to fly via Astana next time, since Almaty airport is just so awful.
AircraftBoeing 767 / A321
RouteMoscow to Delhi via Almaty
Date FlownJune 2018

"service unbelievably attentive"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | St Petersburg to Ust-Kamenogorsk via Almaty / Astana. Clean new cabin, perfect meal each way, especially from Astana. I have to mention that food cooked in Kazakhstan always better than from other airports. Wide choice of beverages. Good schedule : short connection in Astana on the way back to LED. KC TV app very useful and its good thing for flights no longer than 5 or 6 hours and cabin not equipped with personal entertainment system. Service unbelievably attentive. Absolutely recommended.
AircraftA320 / E190
RouteSt Petersburg to Ust-Kamenogorsk via Almaty

"Service attentive"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | St Petersburgh to Oskemen via Almaty. Clean new cabin, perfect meal each way, especially from Astana. Wide choice of beverages. Even for the day flight they give you trip suite. Good schedule : short connection in Astana on the way back to LED. TV app very useful and its good thing for flights no longer than 5 or 6 hours and cabin not equipped with personal entertainment system. Service attentive. Absolutely recommended.
AircraftA320 / Embraer 190
RouteSt Petersburgh to Oskemen via Almaty

"significant improvements"

Trip Verified | St Petersburg to Bangkok via Almaty. There has been significant improvements to this airline in the fourteen years since I first flew. It was a day service between St Petersburg and Almaty on a clean A320. Seats were comfortable, spacious and with a reasonable recline. Food was good and well presented. In flight entertainment was on tablets and there was a reasonable selection. Cabin service was a little hit and miss - I asked for wine with my meal and by the time I realised that it had been forgotten I had finished and did not ask for it. The cabin crew spoke reasonable/good English but only spoke to me in Russian because initially I had spoken to them in Russian. The check in in St Petersburg was fast, efficient and in English. They had a bus for business class passengers to go to the plane. The flight departed and arrived on time and my luggage was among the first offloaded in Almaty. The Almaty - Bangkok sector was a night flight on a new Dreamliner 769 with a dinner type meal at about 2.30 am. Check in in Almaty was slow because the operator was dealing with problems for a couple of economy class passengers. (It would have been faster to use the economy check in counter)! Food was good and the seat/bed was comfortable and there was quite a selection of in flight entertainment. I was identified as a foreigner and so spoken to in good English. The plane left and arrived on time and again my luggage was amongst the first off the plane.
AircraftA320/B769