Air Astana

"a very good experience"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | This is a great connection between Almaty and Pavlodar allowing a return trip within 24 hours. I left Almaty for Pavlodar at 6.30 pm on Thursday and was back next day at 5 pm. Although I flew both ways on a smaller Embraer-190 plane, the flight was not long at all taking around 1h 40m in one direction. Both flights were on time, no delays whatsoever. The flight attendants were very friendly and welcoming. It was great to see that it is possible to use the KCTV flight entertainment on this flight via a mobile device - excellent service which will hopefully become available on all Air Astana airplanes. Overall a very good experience and thanks to Air Astana for maintaining high standards of performance on regional flights like this one.
AircraftE-190
RoutePavlodar to Almaty
Date FlownAugust 2017

"food was good, service excellent"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | St Petersburg to Kamenogorsk via Astana, flights were in time. Cabin was clean, food was good, especially on the way from LED to TSE and service excellent. Inflight entertainment before I boarded, I got app KCTV to use aboard, this app for cabin WiFi. For me selection of movies should be wider, but when your trip just about 3-4 hours, it is enough. In some planes they still don't have WiFi or captain forgets to turn it on. New terminal in Astana is very good but for passengers flying to countries from former USSR, which now are Customs Union members they don't sell even water in duty free stores because of union's rules (they can't sell alcohol and all stuff with additional tax fee).
AircraftA320 & E190
RouteSt Petersburg to Kamenogorsk via Astana
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Never flying them if I can avoid it"

Verified Review | London to Dushanbe via Astana and Almaty. 2.5 hrs delay at Heathrow due to broken brakes. No TVs, chargers or AC on the very old plane. Due to the delay I missed my connection and am stuck in Almaty for 2 nights which I assumed Air Astana were paying for, but the hotel they've just put me up in have just come and asked for payment. Total shambles. Never flying with them if I can avoid it. Staff all very friendly and helpful.
RouteLondon to Dushanbe via Astana / Almaty
Date FlownMay 2017

"will fly Air Astana again"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Astana to London. Air Astana provided me with great assistance at a time when I needed a relaxed easy journey. All staff I encountered were polite and helpful. There were no delays or issues at any point. Plane journey was smooth and arrived on time. Seats were comfortable and food served was delicious, not just for airline food. Entertainment on board is lacing with each seat needed a screen rather than one between rows. Easy booking process and very flexible airline with a personal touch that goes a long way. Will fly Air Astana again.
RouteAstana to London

"extremely comfortable beds"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Almaty with Air Astana was amazing. Business class has extremely comfortable beds with your choice of a regular blanket or a lovely plush duvet. Food is terrific with at least four choices for the main course, lovely appetizers and soup. The flight attendants and crews cannot do enough to make you at home. The magazine and media selection is wonderful. Traveling with my eight-year-old daughter was especially nice. Air Astana has an amazing National Geographic branded children's kit which was a huge hit!
RouteHong Kong to Almaty
Date FlownApril 2017

"nice crew and very good service"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | Almaty to Bangkok. New plane, nice crew and very good service. I travel with family and also like treatment of my small children - they provide attention, and give gifts. The travel kit in economy class is also great. Excelllent qualty. The pilot kept great contact with passengers. I am really proud of our national carrier Air Astana.
RouteAlmaty to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"flight attendants are very nice"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | Moscow to Almaty, A321 is new aircraft with about 32 seats in business, not flat bed but for the 4 hours flight, the seat is enough. The food is good. Rich variety and tasty. Services of flight attendants are very nice, attentive and good. The entertainment system is provided through IPADs, it is good choice, but I would increase the number of the product -if you travel often, you watch everything. Generally, in my experience, it is always on time.
RouteMoscow to Almaty
Date FlownApril 2017

"certainly fly again with them"

Verified Review | I was flying from London to Almaty via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines. I had planned to arrive in Almaty 3 days before the wedding. However, due to the heavy snow fall, the airport at Istanbul closed. I was stranded, without my luggage, and so worried that I would not arrive in time for my wedding as the earliest flight Turkish Airlines could offer was on the day of my wedding. My fiancé saw Air Astana were able to fly earlier and bought me a ticket. I was stranded, without my luggage, not knowing what was happening and when I would be arriving with my fiancé but Air Astana were wonderful and very professional. The cabin crew were a credit to Air Astana. I will certainly fly again with them and recommend.
RouteIstanbul to Almaty
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"very good quality of services"

Verified Review | Personnel au sol et navigant très agréable et attentif. Bonne ponctualité . Les sièges sont confortables en économie tout comme en sleeper eco . Très bonne qualité de services de manière générale . Les repas sont également de qualité. Le transit à Astana est très facile et les connexions sont bonnes. Très bon rapport qualité prix pour cette compagnie que je recommande vivement. Staff on the ground and navigator very pleasant and attentive. Good punctuality. The seats are comfortable in economy as in sleeper eco. Very good quality of services in general. Meals are also quality. The transit to Astana is very easy and the connections are good. Very good value for money for this company that I highly recommend.
AircraftBoeing 757 / Boeing 767
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis to Bangkok via Astana
Date FlownMarch 2017

"highly recommend Air Astana"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty return. First time flying with Air Astana and was incredibly impressed. The service from ticketing, check in to on board was exceptional. Travelling with a baby can often be tiring and stressful however they accommodated our needs every step of the way. On return we had a quick transfer in BKK to another airline. Air Astana staff were able check our luggage right through to the final destination & tagged it to ensure ground crew knew of the urgency. All went very smoothly and we made connections with zero fuss and; our bags arrived first on carousel. I highly recommend Air Astana and look forward to flying them again.
RouteBangkok to Almaty