Vote Now

Air Astana

"extremely comfortable beds"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Almaty with Air Astana was amazing. Business class has extremely comfortable beds with your choice of a regular blanket or a lovely plush duvet. Food is terrific with at least four choices for the main course, lovely appetizers and soup. The flight attendants and crews cannot do enough to make you at home. The magazine and media selection is wonderful. Traveling with my eight-year-old daughter was especially nice. Air Astana has an amazing National Geographic branded children's kit which was a huge hit!
RouteHong Kong to Almaty
Date FlownApril 2017

"nice crew and very good service"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | Almaty to Bangkok. New plane, nice crew and very good service. I travel with family and also like treatment of my small children - they provide attention, and give gifts. The travel kit in economy class is also great. Excelllent qualty. The pilot kept great contact with passengers. I am really proud of our national carrier Air Astana.
RouteAlmaty to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"flight attendants are very nice"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | Moscow to Almaty, A321 is new aircraft with about 32 seats in business, not flat bed but for the 4 hours flight, the seat is enough. The food is good. Rich variety and tasty. Services of flight attendants are very nice, attentive and good. The entertainment system is provided through IPADs, it is good choice, but I would increase the number of the product -if you travel often, you watch everything. Generally, in my experience, it is always on time.
RouteMoscow to Almaty
Date FlownApril 2017

"certainly fly again with them"

Verified Review | I was flying from London to Almaty via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines. I had planned to arrive in Almaty 3 days before the wedding. However, due to the heavy snow fall, the airport at Istanbul closed. I was stranded, without my luggage, and so worried that I would not arrive in time for my wedding as the earliest flight Turkish Airlines could offer was on the day of my wedding. My fiancé saw Air Astana were able to fly earlier and bought me a ticket. I was stranded, without my luggage, not knowing what was happening and when I would be arriving with my fiancé but Air Astana were wonderful and very professional. The cabin crew were a credit to Air Astana. I will certainly fly again with them and recommend.
RouteIstanbul to Almaty
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"very good quality of services"

Verified Review | Personnel au sol et navigant très agréable et attentif. Bonne ponctualité . Les sièges sont confortables en économie tout comme en sleeper eco . Très bonne qualité de services de manière générale . Les repas sont également de qualité. Le transit à Astana est très facile et les connexions sont bonnes. Très bon rapport qualité prix pour cette compagnie que je recommande vivement. Staff on the ground and navigator very pleasant and attentive. Good punctuality. The seats are comfortable in economy as in sleeper eco. Very good quality of services in general. Meals are also quality. The transit to Astana is very easy and the connections are good. Very good value for money for this company that I highly recommend.
AircraftBoeing 757 / Boeing 767
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis to Bangkok via Astana
Date FlownMarch 2017

"highly recommend Air Astana"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty return. First time flying with Air Astana and was incredibly impressed. The service from ticketing, check in to on board was exceptional. Travelling with a baby can often be tiring and stressful however they accommodated our needs every step of the way. On return we had a quick transfer in BKK to another airline. Air Astana staff were able check our luggage right through to the final destination & tagged it to ensure ground crew knew of the urgency. All went very smoothly and we made connections with zero fuss and; our bags arrived first on carousel. I highly recommend Air Astana and look forward to flying them again.

"exceeded my expectations"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty. I travelled with the Air Astana for the first time and it exceeded my expectations. The airline staff was responsive and extremely attentive. No issue with any request. The food variety and quality was outstanding (I am considered to be picky). The seats were very comfortable whether you wish to sleep or watch a movie. It was the best flight experience I have had.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"made it an absolute breeze"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty. Traveling on an airline for the first time, with a 1-year-old child is one of the more stressful things you can do, but Air Astana made it an absolute breeze. The service we received on the flight was excellent. The food menu was extensive and varied and the drinks menu was the same. The inflight entertainment was extensive and current and the seats were comfortable (I'm 100kg and 6'2"). Nothing was too hard for the staff, they were the friendliest hosties I've ever encountered. We will be back.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"smiling crew, clean cabin"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Air Astana is improving. Even domestic flight was perfect: smiling crew, clean cabin. when they run out of one of drinks stewardess apologized a few times. The weakest thing in Air Astana is inflight entertainment: no personal screens. But they put wi-fi and suggesting to download app before flight, so, before boarding just get the app!
RouteTSE to LED
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Crew is very friendly"

Verified Review | If you want to go for the shortest travel time from Europe to Urumqi. I travelled from Amsterdam (with Lufthansa) via Frankfurt and Astana (TSE) to Urumqi. The Air Astana flight FRA-TSE was by an old but nicely retrofitted Boeing 757 with blue mood lighting. The flight was advertised having IFE, but this aircraft didn't have any, which was quite a pity. The flight from Astana to Urumqi was with a relatively new A320. The seats on both aircraft were a little old and wobbly. Crew is very friendly and hands out candies prior to take-off and landing. Dinner on the flight from Frankfurt to Astana was good, they even have a menu card. If you order a beer you get a 500cl can, which was a pleasant surprise. All passengers get a small kit with tooth brush, sleeping mask, ear plugs and a pen (useful to fill in immigration cards). During my trip from Amsterdam to Urumqi, I did not encounter any Air Astana ground staff. But when travelling back to Amsterdam, I did and I can say that ground staff is very friendly and helpful, speak English very well. On the way back our flight from Urumqi to Astana was delayed for 4 hours. It was a very pleasant surprise that Air Astana ground staff handed out burgers and softdrinks while we were waiting. And after landing in Astana a very friendly lady was waiting for me and my colleague to help of rescheduling our connecting flights to Amsterdam.
RouteFRA to URC via TSE