Air Astana

"tv screen did not work"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Dubai. Business class with 28 seats and 15 degree seat recline for more than 4 hours flight? First and second rows are for extra charge, that gave you no choice for meal. As they start asking meal preferences from back rows, by the first row it happens nothing to choose from. Only one restroom in business class. Broken multimedia system, tv screen did not work. Still there is least and not last - very nice crew members.
RouteAlmaty to Dubai

"I expect good service"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Astana. The early morning flight allowed me to have the whole Sunday I could spend in Astana. We had a good breakfast in the aircraft. This year I enjoy my Silver Nomad. Despite of the downrating I was happy to know that Nomad Club members start to enjoy better scoring of points. Now we are 3 times quicker to collect the points necessary for the new tier or bonus ticket. Nomad Club develops well and I appreciate it. This weekend I will have my next flight to Almaty to enjoy running at Almaty Marathon that is also supported by Air Astana. As usual I expect good service from Air Astana that keeps me being a loyal client.
RouteAlmaty to Astana
Date FlownApril 2018

"I wanted to get a refund"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | I wanted to get a refund for a flight that I didn't take in January. Informed Air Astana in advance that I won't be able to travel. Asked to transfer my money back to another bank account as the old one was already closed. After three months of slow feedback, collecting all necessary papers by myself, contacting my previous bank in Asia, this company stopped answering my emails. But the strangest thing happened when they transferred my money to Cambodia, though I live in Ukraine. Though they said that "your refund is in process", now they just don't answer at all.
RouteBangkok to Kyiv via Almaty
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Very good experience"

Trip Verified | Almaty to Kiev. Very good experience on this flight. The crew was very attentive and helpful, and plenty of legroom considering we were on a 6 hour flight on A320. Amenities were great and they offer everything you need to enjoy the flight.
RouteAlmaty to Kiev
Date FlownApril 2018

"service and food were excellent"

Trip Verified | Excellent flight. This was quite different from the outbound KL-Almaty 10 days ago which was delayed 6 hours. The biz class is configured in 1-2-1, so every pax has his/her own aisle. The bed is flat at 180 degree (unlike the Air Astana 757). The service and food were excellent. While the TV screen was big, the choice of movies could have been improved. Air Astana, after the incidents with the outbound flight delay (Almaty - KL), you have redeemed yourself thanks to two of your very dedicated managers in the Kuala Lumpur operation. In addition, your b-class product in 767 is also way better than that of 757.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Almaty

"Service was exceptional"

Trip Verified | Excellent service from Air Astana team. A very pleasant flight of just under 4 hours flying from Moscow to Almaty. Service was exceptional and the crew very attentive. A very smooth flight and pilot was very careful with manoeuvres. Overall I was very impressed with this airline and felt very safe.
RouteMoscow to Almaty
Date FlownApril 2018

"Cabin crew were effective"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Almaty on Boeing 757. Quick and efficient check in and given priority pass and lounge invitation. Boarding was quick. Seats were angled flat but reasonably comfortable. Cabin crew were effective and had good English. Meals were quite tasty but not quite to the standard that I have come to expect from Air Astana. Flight was uneventful and landed a few minutes early. Luggage come quite quickly off the plane. Almaty to Moscow (A320) Early morning departure and the traditional sit up business seat with reasonable leg room and comfort. Food was a little disappointing compared to previous flights. Portable entertainment with reasonable selection of films although I mostly slept. Cabin crew were good and again had very good English skills. Plane left and landed on time and luggage came very quickly off the flight.
AircraftBoeing 757 / A320
RouteBangkok to Moscow via Almaty
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"good service and great tasting food"

Trip Verified | Almaty to Kuala Lumpur. My final destination was Jakarta, but Air Astana could only check in my luggage until Kuala Lumpur as there was no facility to check in to another airline. The flight was delayed more than 3 hours from Almaty. Original departure time was 11:30PM - it was not until 2:50AM we boarded and left for KUL. During this time the flight time was changed at least 3 times - from 11:30PM, 2AM, 2:30AM and 2:40AM. There was no apology or information provided other than for technical reasons. Due to the delay I missed my connecting flight to Jakarta. The product flat bed is only 140 degree at the best. It is an old style low bed where you almost sleep on the floor. A 10 inch ipad was provided as an alternate to ptv. The movie selections are limited and nothing to rave about. The positive - no crowd in business class, great duvet and blankets, good service and great tasting food.
RouteAlmaty to Kuala Lumpur

"amazing service"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Tehran to Tashkent via Almaty. At the moment I am in transit at Almaty airport (not the best airport to spend the night) but Air Astana pleased me on the flight from Tehran to Almaty. It is the first time I have flown with this airline. Excellent, punctual, well turned out crew. Polite. Clean toilets. Amazing service.
RouteTehran to Tashkent via Almaty
Date FlownMarch 2018

"recommended? Of course not"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Bangkok to Frankfurt (with a later connection to Valencia) at 23:00 local time. This flight was departing almost 7 hours later, at 5:50 am. However, when I approached the counter I found out the flight was already delayed to 19:00 pm. 13 hours delay! Ridiculous. And they let me buy the ticket from their own webpage. Most of the passengers accepted hotel and waiting, but ten of us couldn't wait. I explained to them about my connecting flight to Valencia and I accepted any possible route which would take me to Frankfurt on time or any part of Spain but they denied this option for four hours, insisting on my delayed flight with them as my only option (13h waiting in Bangkok airport plus 14h in Astana). Missing my connection to Valencia and being late for work. I even got the chance to talk to someone from management on the phone, but she would only say "I'm sorry". Only good part was their ground staff, which suffered this situation exemplary even though they were lacking the power to do something. Finally I accepted the refund of my ticket, which they signed, and booked a flight with another airline, spending a big amount of money to get to Madrid. After this, I was expecting the refund of the ticket, but they only offer me 3.930THB, which is not even a 1/4 of the amount I paid for the ticket. I have never in my life dealt with a despicable airline such as Air Astana. It makes me feel sad because they have really good staff onboard but, recommended? Of course not. They will ruin your holidays and feel ok about it.
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt via Astana