Vote Now

Air Astana

"highly recommend Air Astana"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty return. First time flying with Air Astana and was incredibly impressed. The service from ticketing, check in to on board was exceptional. Travelling with a baby can often be tiring and stressful however they accommodated our needs every step of the way. On return we had a quick transfer in BKK to another airline. Air Astana staff were able check our luggage right through to the final destination & tagged it to ensure ground crew knew of the urgency. All went very smoothly and we made connections with zero fuss and; our bags arrived first on carousel. I highly recommend Air Astana and look forward to flying them again.

"exceeded my expectations"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty. I travelled with the Air Astana for the first time and it exceeded my expectations. The airline staff was responsive and extremely attentive. No issue with any request. The food variety and quality was outstanding (I am considered to be picky). The seats were very comfortable whether you wish to sleep or watch a movie. It was the best flight experience I have had.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"made it an absolute breeze"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Almaty. Traveling on an airline for the first time, with a 1-year-old child is one of the more stressful things you can do, but Air Astana made it an absolute breeze. The service we received on the flight was excellent. The food menu was extensive and varied and the drinks menu was the same. The inflight entertainment was extensive and current and the seats were comfortable (I'm 100kg and 6'2"). Nothing was too hard for the staff, they were the friendliest hosties I've ever encountered. We will be back.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"smiling crew, clean cabin"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Air Astana is improving. Even domestic flight was perfect: smiling crew, clean cabin. when they run out of one of drinks stewardess apologized a few times. The weakest thing in Air Astana is inflight entertainment: no personal screens. But they put wi-fi and suggesting to download app before flight, so, before boarding just get the app!
RouteTSE to LED
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Crew is very friendly"

Verified Review | If you want to go for the shortest travel time from Europe to Urumqi. I travelled from Amsterdam (with Lufthansa) via Frankfurt and Astana (TSE) to Urumqi. The Air Astana flight FRA-TSE was by an old but nicely retrofitted Boeing 757 with blue mood lighting. The flight was advertised having IFE, but this aircraft didn't have any, which was quite a pity. The flight from Astana to Urumqi was with a relatively new A320. The seats on both aircraft were a little old and wobbly. Crew is very friendly and hands out candies prior to take-off and landing. Dinner on the flight from Frankfurt to Astana was good, they even have a menu card. If you order a beer you get a 500cl can, which was a pleasant surprise. All passengers get a small kit with tooth brush, sleeping mask, ear plugs and a pen (useful to fill in immigration cards). During my trip from Amsterdam to Urumqi, I did not encounter any Air Astana ground staff. But when travelling back to Amsterdam, I did and I can say that ground staff is very friendly and helpful, speak English very well. On the way back our flight from Urumqi to Astana was delayed for 4 hours. It was a very pleasant surprise that Air Astana ground staff handed out burgers and softdrinks while we were waiting. And after landing in Astana a very friendly lady was waiting for me and my colleague to help of rescheduling our connecting flights to Amsterdam.
RouteFRA to URC via TSE
Date FlownDecember 2016

"got worst seats for travelling with children"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | Moscow SVO to Almaty with Air Astana. Specific seats were requested during ticket purchase. The seats were confirmed during online check-in, and even more, I double checked the seats by phone right before the flight. At some point, the aircraft type was changed and nobody warned my family with an infant - they got worst seats on the plane for travelling with children.
RouteSVO to ALA
Date FlownNovember 2016

"attendant was very kind"

Verified Review | I did the flight from Paris CDG to Astana in the class called Premium sleepers which I wasn't aware of, great idea of dedicating a full row for one costumer, very easy to get rest, the meal was at business class level. The flight attendant was very kind, making sure everything was fine. On the way back was in business class, very good experience once again, nice meal and atmosphere, with good features and amusement. The only thing was that on my way to Astana, I was told that I couldn't enter the lounge (but I am gold on Flying blue and was Premium sleeper customer).
AircraftBoeing 757-200/300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCDG to TSE
Date FlownOctober 2016

"going from strength to strength"

(Kazakhstan)

Verified Review | Atyrau to Almaty with Air Astana. Having flown KC since it's inception, I have watched this airline is going from strength to strength. They have a modern fleet with exceptionally well trained and disciplined cabin staff. KC is now genuinely a world class airline. The way I measure world class is not in the mundane (which KC excels at) but when something different pops up - a wallet left on board was returned to me before I had even departed the airport. Lost and Found matched my credit card name to my eticket along with mobile details and tracked me down. Great work in the air, great work on the ground.
RouteGUW to ALA
Date FlownOctober 2016

"not the hub of 4 Star airline"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Since 2009 flying once a year I can say Air Astana are getting better. Only one problem, the airport in Almaty is not the hub of a 4 Star airline. sometimes passengers just don't separate roles of airport and company, but I do.
RouteLED to UKK via ALA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"cabin crew were friendly and had reasonable English"

Verified Review | Check-ins for both flights were efficient and friendly and done in English. Each flight departed and landed on time. Cabin crew were friendly and had reasonable English (there has been a marked improvement in the 10 years that I have been flying with Air Astana). On the flight to Almaty lunch was served and on the flight to Bangkok a very late dinner was served. With a 1.00 am departure for Bangkok the Airline would be much better served by giving a light supper soon after take off (or have a decent meal available in their lounge) and then having breakfast about one hour before landing. The food was well presented and portion size was adequate. The wines were OK. On the Tbilisi - Almaty sector they offered an IPAD but did not take advantage as I had my own entertainment. My luggage did not get any priority and was one of the last bags unloaded from the plane. From Almaty to Bangkok my luggage did get priority and was off the plane soon after I arrived at the carousel. Overall a pleasant experience without any unpleasant incidents.
AircraftEmbraer190, Boeing 777