Air Astana

"very memorable flight"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Astana to Dubai. It was very nice family trip from start to finish. Everything about the flight was perfect, quick check-in, boarding, quality of special meal, reservation of seats and comfort, kids amenities, entertainment system, cleanness of cabin. I would only recommend to provide wifi access but cabin crew informed me that internet is available on some flights. Since I flew with my daughter of 4 years old I had things to do and hadn’t had a chance to enjoy internet anyway. Crew is very positive and i have been individually welcomed as a Silver member. Overall it was very memorable flight and I would recommend Air Astana!
RouteAstana to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2018

"I was upgraded"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Almaty. During my stay in Kiev transit, I was upgraded to business class, which made my day. On-board service was professional, good english-speaking, good service. Food quality and presentation incl. menu fulfilled expectation without any complaints. Choice of beverages was interesting. Entertainment via wifi is working well, the provided screens on high quality. Air Astana are highly recommended from me.
RouteKiev to Almaty
Date FlownJune 2018

"Not the worst but not the best"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Air Astana has practically a monopoly in the Central Asian region where I live and work and they don’t hesitate to remind the customer of that. I have travelled approximately 75-100 legs on this airline for business and have purchased several tickets to and from Moscow for both myself and my fiance. You’d think this sort of ‘loyalty’ (is it really loyalty when you consider the lack of available options?) would earn me a little more respect than what I received today, but judging from my experience with the gate agents contracted by the airline at various airports, all I seem to get is ignorance and hostility. Customer service is arguably not very highly esteemed in Central Asia in my experience so I’m long past expecting “service with a smile.” I was caught unawares today by a excess baggage fee when flying out of Dushabe. Apparently Air Astana has recently started offering bare bones fares whose limitations are in no way reflected in the pricing. These fares offer a downright insulting 1 kg baggage limit (10kg for Nomad Club Silver members) when the standard tickets allow for 20kg (30kg) respectively. I unknowingly booked this fare through a third-party website where there was no indication that this wasn’t a standard fare ticket. As I said, the ticket price wasn’t particularly cheap. I expect this sort of thing from FlyDubai or Wizz Air but from a national flagship airline? Seriously? Of course what incentive do you have to treat repeat customers well when you practically have a government-backed monopoly? And about the Nomad Club, it’s quite possibly the stingiest airline rewards program there is. Almaty Airport, the airline’s hub, is a glorified bus station which is insanely overcrowded, overpriced, and boring. On a positive note, the air crew staff are polite, if not exceedingly. Not the worst but not the best.
RouteDushanbe to Astana via Almaty
Date FlownJune 2018

"exceptional high standards of service"

Trip Verified | I have had to recently use some other airlines and this has reinforced my appreciation of Air Astana’s cabin services. Air Astana has set and manages to maintain exceptional high standards of service. Al the cabin crew appear to have fundamental English skills. The new uniform is fresh and professional. The safety video has been improved and is actually pleasant to watch even after many flights in a short time frame. The new aircraft have screens on the backs of the seats and passengers can select their entertainment. The new earphones are great and I always keep the set. The passenger pack is in a useful bag and the products inside are good but I miss the mini-biro pen. The food and beverages are of good quality with a proper cutlery. I have found the cabin crew to be attentive and responsive to my needs. Depending on the airport I have boarded check-in staff may not have the same consistency but my recent check in at Atyrau was good (this is not usually a friendly airport though there are some exceptional individuals working there). I would say without fear of reproach that Air Astana is my preferred airline of choice.
RouteAtyrau to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2018

"Fantastic service from cabin crew"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Flew Delhi to Astana with Air Astana. Fantastic service from cabin crew, and airport personnel. Improved meals. Still need to get personal TV screens on all seats, on all flights. The "watching shows/films on my own personal device" is a cheap way out, I definitely do not like this option. In the year 2018, all planes should have screens on all seats especially on long flights! Always feel safe on Air Astana flights! Air Astana is a top-notch airline!
RouteDelhi to Astana

"good entertainment"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Almaty to İstanbul in March 2018. There was no delay on flight. I remember smiling crew faces for that trip. There was delicious food and good entertainment for 6 hours flight. Note: wishing to see bigger planes for such a long vayage.
AircraftAirbus 320
RouteAlmaty to İstanbul
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I write to commend staff"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Antalya to Almaty. I write to commend staff on an exceptional level of service when I traveled with Air Astana on the 23 May. The service I had was a superb experience throughout the flight. I trust that you will pass on this recognition to the specific staff members from this flight.
RouteAntalya to Almaty
Date FlownMay 2018

"staff is very nice and friendly"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Atyrau. I'm traveling for more than 15 years with this company (I am also a "Nomad Club" member as Gold). I can recommend Air Astana since their prices even better than competitors in the region. The airline is improving. The last flight was a safe, comfortable and pleasant flight. The staff is very nice and friendly the food is good. Topping all that were the good selection of movies on board.
RouteIstanbul to Atyrau

"crew was attentive"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Tashkent to Almaty. Excellent food, high tech inflight entertainment via their application and on time. Although flight was only for one hour thirty minute crew was attentive. The only thing I would feel to improve to make announcements shorter since all are in three languages.
RouteTashkent to Almaty
Date FlownApril 2018

"The catering is perfect"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | I am frequent flyer with Air Astana. Almaty – Dubai is the best available option. The check in procedure at the business class counter works smoothly without any problems. Business lounge at Almaty Airport is not good. Boarding is OK, still some airport problems, not enough jet bridges. The seats are comfortable for a five hour flight if it is not a night flight. The catering is perfect, flight attendants are very attentive, beautiful smiles. The entertainment program is OK, we are provided with iPad in business class with good choice of the video programming. Internet is missing on this type of the aircraft.
RouteAlmaty to Dubai