Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Virgin Atlantic Airways Passenger Reviews and Virgin Atlantic Airways customer trip Reports

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by G Alm    (UK)

Travelled to Cancun on 5/5/14, 11.5 hour delay leaving London, returned on 30/5/14. 1 hour delay leaving Cancun, very little information given except for saying that the flight was late arriving from London (no surprise there) even though we were at the airport 3.5 hours before scheduled takeoff and the plane was there all the time. They treat you as if it is none of your business.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Stephen Mason    (UK)

Gatwick to Cancun in Mexico trip on "Pretty Woman" aircraft was good. We had one of the small side two seats at the very rear of the plane. The extra space between the seat and the window was very useful to stretch the legs occasionally. Food was good and plentiful. Staff were cheerful and helpful. Return trip from Cancun to Gatwick was poor in comparison. Breakfast provided was dire. The dry and unappetising croissant was inedible. The staff were the poorest experienced, unsmiling and not interested in helping. Food was plonked dismissively in front of you. We were asked, "Tea? Hot Chocolate?" Very brusquely with no please or thank you. We had been in a lovely 5* hotel and had been used to a very high level of customer service and Virgin Atlantic couldn't match it. One male Cabin Crew member, older and presumably more experienced than most was the worst offender. This was not the best ending to a wonderful luxury holiday in Mexico.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by C Redmond    (UK)

LHR to Shanghai. The standard of Premium Economy was ok, the food was not of a good standard (beef like rubber). Crew friendly half Chinese half English. The film selection very poor whoever selects them has not got a clue go and research Singapore Airlines! The equipment was so old fashioned.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

HKG-LHR-EDI. Very good lounge in HKG with tasty food options and good service from the staff. More than acceptable dinner and drinks selection on the flight (inc two helpings of an excellent pear crumble) and slept for seven hours on the very comfortable flat bed. Flights on time and bags off quickly. Only down side was that my limo didn't show up at EDI, although the local Virgin staff were helpful and apologetic.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by L Perrin    (Australia)

SYD-HKG-LHR on A340-600. Had a champagne prior to take off which was average to say the least. The cabin service was friendly and attentive and food was a step up from Economy. It was a nice touch having real cutlery, china and your meal tray served on a tablecloth. The seats were wide, but not as much space as I would have expected to the next seat in front. The old bugbear when the seat in front reclines fully is still a problem in Premium Economy, it is very intrusive and you need the passenger next to you to climb out if you want to get past them. We got more sleep than previous flights in Economy, but it is still a fairly uncomfortable experience. Virgin Atlantic needs to introduce noise-cancelling headphones as the sound quality is poor with the existing headphones, but the entertainment selection was excellent. The cabin noise was quiet having only 38 passengers and a dedicated toilet was a good feature. This was our first experience in Premium Economy and while it was a step up from Economy, I do not think it is worth the extra money. We would have stopovers next time and avoid flying a 14 hour leg if we could, as you do not arrive at your destination feeling particularly refreshed.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

EDI-LHR-HKG. This was my first time flying Virgin so was interested to find out what they'd deliver. Excellent connection from T1 to T3 at LHR meant that I didn't have to go through security again, and the Clubhouse lounge was very good. On board the seat was very comfortable, equally so when it was turned into a flat bed. The food selection and quality were good and there was a decent choice of entertainment. Only thing I didn't like was the relative lack of storage around the seat and a drinks table that is at shoulder level and slightly behind.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by L Stewart    (UK)

LHR-LAX-LHR in Business class. I was a little disappointed on this occasion; on the flight out there didn't seem to be as many FAs and there wasn't the usual friendly introduction. The food wasn't as good as usual, tiny portions and fairly overcooked. Good choice of IFE and although the bed lets you get some sleep, they seem to be getting harder and harder. Temperature control was cranked right up, so it was a hot and sweaty snooze. On the return leg the FAs were friendlier but it seemed quite slow getting drinks served and there was no welcome drink on boarding. I managed a decent night's sleep but breakfast took a while and for once was really unpleasant; undercooked bacon, overcooked egg, sausage with negligible meat content and baked beans with the highest sugar content known to man. I've had better at motorway service stations! The decaf coffee was served in a mug (nice touch, especially as the mug turned out to be made by someone I know) and was fantastic. Reasonable croissant, but no hot towels offered. Cabin temperature was better this time. The planes seemed a little tired and the bathrooms were clean but nothing special. I just wonder whether Virgin Atlantic is in financial trouble (more than any other airline?). Value is rated high because I got an upgrade from PE on the return leg.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Elisabeth Dorfman    (UK)

Virgin Atlantic to Dubai on 16th May but had to return on the 18th May as a close relative had died whilst we were flying out to Dubai. The staff on our return flight were tremendous, they upgraded my partner and his brother who had lost their mother. I would not usually bother to write a review but we so appreciated their care and attention

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  20 May 2014 by M Pauwels    (UK)

LHR-Miami-LHR in Premium Economy. The check-in at LHR Terminal 3 was a breeze - did not have to wait and was immediately checked in, queue for Economy was considerable. Checked in the day before and chose my seat online. You cannot check in earlier than 24 hours prior to departure, but when I still had not received an email from Virgin 20 hours prior decided to go online myself and check in. To my big surprise there was only a handful of seats available, so if you wait until you get the check-in email you literally have no choice left. Bagged myself an aisle seat in 33G which was fine. Boarding you beat the massive queue and are able to board with Upper Class. Settled into wide leather seat and offered a glass of Prosecco. Very friendly and attentive cabin crew. The food was definitely a notch up from Economy, and loved the personalized service: warm bread rolls, stainless cutlery, salt & pepper shaker. I went for the chicken accompanied by the Sauvignon Blanc. The only downside of my outbound flight was that the person in 32G decided to fully (!) recline 10 minutes after take-off, which was a complete invasion of my privacy and took away 50% of my leg room. At 6'2" I am by no means a giant but had to wrap my legs around the seat in front of me to be somewhat comfortable. The real downside is that when the person in front of you reclines, it becomes really difficult to see the TV screen properly. I had to pretty much slouch in my seat to get a decent view, and the screen does not tilt as far as you'd like it to. Ice-cream during the movie was a nice treat, afternoon tea was ok but nothing spectacular. Service during the flight is attentive, relaxed and non-pushy. Had to call flight attendant twice to order a drink, but served with a smile. MIA-LHR evening flight, Premium Economy was full. This time bagged myself an aisle seat, 30K. Bit worried that its proximity to the galley would be bothersome but was ok. Boarding in Miami a bit more chaotic than in Heathrow. Dinner ok but less impressive than the inbound flight. Was really impressed with my arrival at Heathrow. Premium Economy means you get to disembark the plane as one of the first, after 15 minutes I had passed immigration and Premium Economy luggage has a special tag, meaning it's one of the first ones to arrive on the belt. Found myself in a cab in record speed only 30 minutes after landing. Virgin PE - is it worth it? I'd say yes - don't expect a full Upper Class experience but seats in Economy looked tatty and a bit worn, and are definitely less comfortable than PE. Not only do you get the wider seat that reclines (which can be a blessing or a curse, depending on who's in front of you), but the extra attentive service and the little perks (fast check-in, better food, etc) makes it an overall enjoyable experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by C Batchelor    (UK)

Overnight from JFK to London Heathrow was one of the worst transatlantic flights I have taken. In economy there is so little leg room that all passengers are woken up for every drink and meal service and required to put their seats up right, regardless if they wanted refreshments or not. On a 7 hour flight, with 2 or 3 services this left only 3 hours to sleep uninterrupted. Not impressed Virgin Atlantic. Old fleet, very uncomfortable seats and glare on the in flight entertainment screens was less than ideal.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by R Smith    (UK)

LGW-Las Vegas-LGW. First leg - not one announcement from the Pilot)which I thought was unusual. Cabin crew professional and there from start to finish. Customer Service Managers could be more professional in announcements. Return leg crew much more in your face to help you. As night flight, glad to see coming up and down during the night to make sure all ok. Entertainment system - never be on a par to SQ/EK but still more than satisfactory. I hope they will fly more routes from LGW sooner.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  17 May 2014 by D Finlay    (UK)

Returned recently from Miami on Boeing 747. Service was exemplary, boarding was prompt and seats very comfortable and quite spacious; films up to date, varied and good screen quality. The much aligned airline food was perfectly acceptable and, quite good. But the best thing about Virgin is the quality of cabin service, excellent throughout the flight. The only negative is simply Miami International Airport which is unbelievable but even Virgin cannot resolve their immigration and custom delays and associated chaos.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Kay Campbell    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Orlando in Premium, return business. Enjoyed every aspect of the journeys and found the staff to be just wonderful. This was our first trip using Virgin Atlantic and I feel that some of the negative comments are unjustified, although all flights are different. We often fly with Aer Lingus and do customs in Dublin so when we had the enormous queue at customs on arrival it was a bit of a shock. There are too many big planes arriving at the same time.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by W Cross    (UK)

I travelled premium economy to Las Vegas from Manchester. I had read the reviews and to be honest I was thinking I had made the wrong decision to fly Virgin Atlantic. Did I need to be worried? No. The flight was fantastic. The courteous staff could not have done more for us. The plane was spotless, the seat comfortable, the entertainment brilliant and the food by airline standards was up to par. The flight was one of the highlights of the trip.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by S Martin    (UK)

I have travelled from Edinburgh to London Heathrow and found the flight comfortable and the crew. Very professional. Am travelling to Hong Kong soon so hope the same positive review will apply.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by A Hay    (UK)

Decided to pay more for an economy return flight to Jamaica as I wanted to fly with Virgin (200 more than their competitive airline). The last and only time I flew with them was about 10 years ago return flight to New York. Back then the return economy flight cost me 250, the flight had better entertainment and proper games with consoles, was offered newspapers, and the food and drink served was offered practically non-stop, in fact I was given 2 main meals! Also very lucky on the return flight, as it was practically empty we were given a glass of champagne! This time, got 1 small main meal (and didn't eat the salad as it consisted of one small leaf and lots of dressing that tasted of dish water), afternoon tea consisted of 1 biscuit and tea or coffee, steward gave me a look when I asked for 2 drinks, and only good thing about the entertainment was the selection of films. I don't know why the stewards seemed stressed when the plane was half full! Also on return flight back, staff at the airport had an attitude and didn't even welcome or say hello to me! They insisted I put items from my hand luggage into my suitcase as it was 1 kilo over! All this wonderful service cost me just under 800 for a return ticket! My friend flew with American airlines (via Miami) and basically got the same service and quality food and drinks I had from my original Virgin flight 10 years ago. So in conclusion I will never fly with Virgin again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by K Deighton    (UK)

Just arrived back from Antigua to Gatwick, flight SV34. A special mention to the wonderful crew 3 young stewards and a lovely stewardess could not have made our flight any better. They were happy and cheerful and nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent and the pilot made good time. We have travelled with many airlines but never had such a genuine crew.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by F McNamara    (UK)

Travelled from Shanghai to Heathrow following an excellent first leg, also in Premium Economy, from Auckland on Air New Zealand. The Virgin experience was very disappointing by comparison. The plane was old and shabby (I saw one passenger trying to mend the tray compartment cover on his seat, it having fallen off) and the toilet in Premium Economy was out of order. The seat was cramped, especially when the seat in front was reclined, making it no easier to get out of the seat than if it were in Economy class, even though I am a small person. The flight attendants, especially one, were flustered, unfriendly, surly and unhelpful - when I pointed out that my headphones were not working I was made to feel as if I were being a nuisance by requesting a working set, and there was certainly no apology. In over 40 years of flying this was my first time with Virgin and I shall not be repeating the experience. I especially resent the extra paid for Premium Economy on this journey.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by D Walker    (UK)

Despite the flashy adverts Virgin is lacking in many areas. Our flight to DXB was in the B747 and what a disappointment. The entire aircraft was outdated, cramped and opposite to the adverts. Entertainment was just ok, hardly anything special. The meals are good and staff are friendly but that is as far as it goes. On the other hand the A340 aircraft (our return flight) was fairly new and much more upgraded but the seating was still small and cramped with little extras to justify the price apart from being a direct flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by J Henson    (UK)

Flew San Francisco to London Heathrow in May 2014. I had checked in online, however, whilst the bag drop queue was short it was very slow moving. Boarding not particularly organised, but a fairly warm welcome on boarding. No magazines or newspapers available on boarding. Main meal was really poor - crew accidentally forgot to give us a menu, our preferred food option was not available, portion size was very small and the food was low quality. I would happily have paid extra for more/better quality food. I would strongly recommend eating before boarding (as we had). Reasonable drinks selection. Decent range of inflight entertainment but handheld control had one broken button which made it very difficult to select options. Overhead locker space limited due to failure to enforce baggage rules (very large trolley cases allowed on board). Amenity kit, blanket and pillow all provided and all decent quality for an economy cabin. I managed to sleep for several hours. Overall the experience was passable as I had booked on a virgin miles discount offer - however, I would have been disappointed (even for economy) if I had paid full price for this booking. I travel long haul several times a year and, as others have commented; Virgin has a poor economy cabin compared to other transatlantic and other carriers.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  30 April 2014 by R Norman    (UK)

Travelled Gatwick to Montego Bay on a 747. Very disappointed with the quality of the premium economy cabin. The plane was clearly passed its 'sell by' date. It looked tired and old with an entertainment system that was difficult to see. On the outward leg the magazine rack was broken and although an engineer tried to solve the problem it was not usable and flapped about throughout the flight. On the return journey the arm rest containing the table was broken and separated from the chair. The stewardess was unable to get help and in the end used sticky tape to hold the arm rest in place. She was going to take the arm rest away and replace with a towel but our comments about basic safety and the need to make it safe led to the makeshift solution. Then there is the food which is probably the worst I have had flying premium economy. Is this a case of an airline flying a route with little competition and therefore setting the lowest possible tolerable standard? An old tired plane with average and below average service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Carol Halliwell    (UK)

I had my first Virgin flight from Shanghai to Heathrow on April 18th. I will not be flying Virgin again. The food was poor, frozen salad and frozen bread rolls. The inflight entertainment was limited, plane very hot, despite asking for heating to adjusted, service poor. Compared to 2 flights on Air New Zealand (good food, warm bread, attentive service, and a great range of entertainment) this was a very disappointing experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by S Gutenstein (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to San Francisco, on the way to New Zealand to visit my son. I decided to splash out with premium economy, not worth it at all! Food was absolutely terrible - and I had to ask for a wine re-fill. Staff very slow and not too bothered. Not at all what I expected. My husband travelled Economy, and had a whole row of seats to himself, it seems that the most crowded part of the plane was Premium Economy. Not at all worth the extra money. On the return trip - Shanghai to Manchester, the journey was very much the same, though more crowded. Never Again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Daniel Jack (UK)

Have flown with Virgin Atlantic for the last 3 years from GLA-MCO-GLA in the Premium Economy cabins. 1st year was on a a Boeing 747-400 in the old cabin design. We were in the upper deck and the flight was absolutely fantastic. The last 2 years we flew on the Airbus A300-300 and again the service was second to none! I have nothing but praise for Virgin Atlantic. Every bit of their service is fantastic. My fiancee and I have also flown numerous occasions to the Middle East and New York with Virgin Atlantic and again cannot fault the experience. So much so, we are due to fly to the USA again with Virgin Atlantic in May 2014, to Grenada in December 2014, USA next spring (2015) and we will be booking again for New York in December 2015.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 April 2014 by J Peacock (UK)

I recently returned from a trip to Barbados with Virgin Atlantic and I can say I will certainly use them again. I booked premium economy both ways and was more than happy with the whole experience. Checking in at Gatwick with dedicated desk for premium meant we were straight through no problem. On board upstairs in jumbo given glass of bubbly as I took my seat, loads of room to stow stuff and good inflight DVDs, food not bad either. Returning was also excellent had the front 2 seats upstairs again couple drinks before dinner and slept for a while. Overall a good experience with Virgin and I would recommend premium economy no problem.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 April 2014 by A Smith (New Zealand)

By far one of the worst flights I've had. Flew PVG-LHR on one of the A340-600 in 60K (G-VWEB). I'm 5" 8' so not the largest person in the world and yet my knees were being poked the entire flight by the pocket from the seat in front of me. Padding on the seat was pretty much non-existent resulting in a rather numb behind after a short time into the flight. Also it's worth noting that it seems seats in A and K mostly have something under them for the in-flight entertainment system. This meant I had even less space to stretch if needed due to that being under the seat in front of me. The headrest was incapable of keeping the position of the wings that are on it, collapsing the second you put your head against it. If the person in the seat in front puts their seat back it makes the experience even more claustrophobic - not to mention making it hard to use the screen for the in-flight entertainment. Not that that matters as the screen quality is so bad you won't want to use it anyway. Then there is the food - it's tasteless, overcooked and there's not a lot of quantity to it. At least they came around at reasonable times with it and offered drinks fairly often during the flight. Also the lack of any form of power is annoying, not even a USB port for plugging a phone/tablet into.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by M Kennedy (Australia)

Just flown SYD-HKG-LHR and LHR-HKG-SYD in Upper Class. Flat bed most uncomfortable with little to no help in preparing the bed for attempted sleep. Majority of staff extremely bored, unhelpful and one just simply rude. Planes were old, worn, in-flight entertainment minuscule, airport lounges were dirty and do not look like those advertised on the internet. $7.000 return for what was slightly, very slightly above economy standard was disappointing and will never be repeated. Giving one out of five in ratings but should really be nil.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Fallon Katie (UK)

We flew Gatwick to Barbados on the 747 and the seats were so comfortable, I said to my husband, it really wouldn't be worth the money to upgrade to Premium. On the return, we flew on the Airbus A330 and it was a completely different experience. I've never been so uncomfortable on a plane in my life. The seats were hard and the head rests had nothing to support your head when you wanted to sleep (unlike the 747). Even my 7 year old daughter who usually sleeps really well on flights didn't sleep at all. I've had more comfortable experiences on Thomas Cook and that's saying something! I feel like Virgin need to up their game as we've flown Emirates a few times and they are far more superior with much better aircraft like the A380. In future, I would rather change my destination if it means flying on the A330.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by T Lester (USA)

LHR to JFK, VS9 as return leg of review of April 4th. Completely different experience, an excellent flight. Sat in nose section of 747, very comfortable and spacious - this older seat version is far more sensible and comfortable than the new one I disliked so much in my previous review. FA's and service were excellent, the food was very good - not something often heard here, but it was great on this flight. I do hope that the airlines read these reviews and take note, the seat is the all important thing to the client, the old one works and the new one does not in it's current form - it looks cool but needs to be stretched out and given more shoulder space, and armrest please!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Stevens (UK)

Flew out of LHR to Newark day flight Sun 6th April. Used the Clubhouse - good but not easy to find 5 seats all together for our family group. Good service and very quick through Heathrow! Nice flight with great staff in Upper Class. Teenagers loved the films etc. Way back was a different story on 19.30 flight on Thurs 10th Apr. Still very good in the Clubhouse at Newark (advised us to order food early if we wanted a meal, which we did as travelling overnight so wanted to eat early then sleep on plane). Staff on plane not as helpful as outbound. We arrived to find our overhead lockers full of other passengers' stuff - not much help from staff to get this sorted and our 5 lots of hand luggage stowed. Main complaint is that FA would not give me any breakfast despite filling in form night before and despite asking her to be woken up. Even though this was an hour before landing, apparently 'Supervisor' had said no more food to be served. Supervisor then turned up with one croissant! I stupidly paid full price for that seat, (as needed the flexibility for business) but felt completely let down by the service on that flight. Virgin - your staff are letting you down! Back to BA for us if you can't even give us breakfast sorry.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by C Mike (UK)

Flew 7/4/14 returned 17/4/14, LGW-LAS-LGW. A party of 7, (5 adults 1 child 1 infant) flew and managed to get economy seats in the upper deck. What an experience. To sum the experience up, when I'm flying Virgin again I am reserving upper deck immediately. From flying this route before the upper deck appeared to have more leg room which was an added bonus. You feel like your on your own private jet with limited number of persons upstairs. The staff have. Personal touch with you and cannot help you enough. Because of the shape of the aircraft, you also have a side storage area under the window which was an added bonus, with enough room for an infant to stand and play with his toys on the storage. On the flight back the infant had a touch of a cold and was sick whilst inflight. The staff without being asked was bringing water, wet tissues, refreshing tissues and bags to clean up, even offered to find us a new seat whilst they cleaned the area. Cannot praise and rate Virgin Atlantic enough.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by K Whyte (New Zealand)

Travelling with two children (4 years, 3 months) long haul is always difficult but I consider Virgin Atlantic the best airline we have flown with. The staff are excellent, the baby seat very safe (although not completely flat so sleeping for a long time is not always that easy) and the planes great. The check-in and customer service is literally second to none. When I phoned before our flight (Edinburgh, London, Shanghai, Auckland) I was greeted by a staff member who answered all our questions and reserved us the bassinet etc. Our first flight with them but hopefully not our last!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Baz Moussa (Belgium)

A346, LHR-LAX on 3/29/2014, LAX-LHR on 4/10/2014. Seats are quite uncomfortable in economy but they certainly aren't the worst. I mean, come on people, it is economy. If you don't expect much of your economy flight, like I did, you'd be a happy person at the end of your journey. The IFE is great and should be able to entertain you during the +10h flight. They should work on the meals they offer: the size is way to small and the bread they offer is still frozen (happened on both flights). We've had plenty of drinks during the flight (including alcohol) and they even gave us some ice cream to consume while we were watching our movies. I would certainly recommend Virgin if it is the cheapest option!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Hancock Peter (UK)

LHR-PVG, 1st April 2014. My first time with Virgin Atlantic and, hopefully, my last. Check in at LHR was excellent but then everything about the flight went downhill. Aircraft seating was tatty and very uncomfortable. Food was by far the worst I've ever experienced - the choice was limited as most options on the menu were not available and the portion size would not have satisfied a young child. Inflight entertainment package was also disappointing compared with others I have experienced eg Emirates and Cathay. Cabin crew were generally helpful and attentive but didn't meet my expectations in terms of presentation and appearance.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Brandon Cook (UK)

Flew on B747-400, MAN-MCO-MAN with my 4 children, very fast check in at Manchester, we booked with Virgin holidays and paid to use their V-room lounge. The food is fantastic, newspapers, sky news, XBOX kinect room, children's play area, laptops, table football, bar, friendly staff and Virgin reps who can book tickets for attractions and check you in for you car hire to avoid the queue in Orlando. When we boarded the aircraft the children received a fun bag containing games and colouring book. Seats were comfortable, Vera touch (entertainment system) is fantastic, with a dedicated kids area, it has all the latest films updated every month, the system is available after pushback until you arrive at the gate in Orlando. The cabin crew are attentive, friendly and enjoyed talking to all the kids. The food is nothing special, but there is a good selection. Unlike its rivals Virgin offer complementary alcoholic drinks in economy, although they do not provide champagne or sparkling wine. After lunch the crew give you a GU dessert followed by a fab lolly later on in the flight. Virgin fly into Orlando international airport unlike rival carriers who fly to the smaller Sanford airport. On the return we sat in the upper deck which offers a side storage area, the crew provide a 'feel good kit' which includes an eye mask, socks, pen, toothbrush, toothpaste and earplugs. Once again the crew were very pleasant and handed out sweets after take off. For breakfast you receive a muffin, nature valley bar, orange juice and a cup of tea or coffee. On disembarking our baggage was waiting for us in less than 15 minutes.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Hannah Shad (Sweden)

LHR-LAX on 9/6/2013. Check in was slow and at last we missed the plane due to the slow staff that weren't helpful at all, got rebooked on VS7 the next day. The plane itself seemed old and nothing matched with Virgins advertisement on their site. Food was as bad as the staff, and the breakfast was a joke. I remember getting frozen orange juice and some granola bar that tasted awful. About 5 hours into the flight I got up to walk around because of fact that my legs were falling asleep thanks to the non-existent legroom, found over 10 staff members sitting around the bar chatting and when I asked for some coke they refused because they said that the bar was only available for upper class. The flight back was even worse, apparently there had been some problems with the air conditioning which made the plane very hot. My family and I usually fly this route with Lufthansa but since virgin seemed so much more ahead in service we thought we'd choose them, but those two flights resulted in my first and last Virgin flights, and I do not recommend them to anyone, id rather pay a few hundred dollars more.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Paulene Brown (UK)

I flew from Cape Town last Saturday, 29th March to LHR. My flight was good and staff great but the food and drink served during the flight was awful.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Weldon Samantha (UK)

Very underwhelmed by our Virgin Upper Class journey to and from Jamaica. On the way out just put it down to having being spoilt by our previous experiences on Emirates/Singapore and Thai, business class, but on our return journey it just confirmed our thoughts that Virgin don't offer a value for money 1st class service and that we will try to use other carriers before re booking with them in the future. I gave them my feedback and wasn't at all pleased with their response.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by N Tarring (UK)

Just travelled both ways to Sydney from London, in economy class. I was very disappointed in the seating its rubbish, well worn out, and the space between the rows appear very short. Very unhappy and will not use this airline again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Tim Lester (USA)

A330, JFK-LHR, Upper Class. Virgins new Dream Suite. Check in at JFK very smooth, Lounge is excellent - probably the best at JFK - great service and excellent food - a very good start! Boarding on time and easy, A330 with new configuration, clean and quite striking at first, the bar is groovy and the cabin also. Service was discreet and casual which I liked, food just OK but the cooked breakfast was quite good - nice china and glassware - very good and attentive FA's. Excellent entertainment system. The seat: The Dream Suite is a nightmare, an absolute disaster! A classic case of style over substance. The new seat is incredibly cramped, I am 6ft and weigh 175lbs - I had to squeeze myself into this horrible seat! The are two positions - somewhat reclined and flat, no leg-rest - nothing in between - this was a daytime flight, I wanted to lie back and relax but not sleep - hugely uncomfortable. There is one very small flip out plastic arm rest on one side - nothing on the other - whoever heard of a business class seat without an armrest - ridiculous. There is zero storage space and Virgin has got rid of the overhead bins in the center of the plane - there were about 15 people in upper class - it seats 32 I think - we were fighting over bin space and I only bring one small hand bag - again ridiculous Virgin, cannot imagine what it would be like if full. Frills are nice, champagne glasses are nice but the reason people buy business/upper class seats is for space and comfort - these new suites offer neither - they have to be the very worst of the new generation flat bed seats. Premium economy seats are wider and have two armrests - how novel! One got the impression that the FA's are fully aware that this is an awful product. I have changed my return flight to the 747 with the old seats- never again!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Banwait Tony (USA)

SFO-LHR-SFO in March 2014 in Premium Economy. Fourth trip on Virgin Atlantic in 2 years and third time in Premium Economy. Used the Miles Plus money booking feature for Flying Club members. Excellent value for money and very impressed with on-board service. Extra cost is worth the larger seat and better recline. Good meal service both ways and decent food portion sizes. A little stingy with the drink service. Older 747s showing signs of age and outdated IFE needs upgrading soon. VS is now my preferred carrier across the pond. Love the dedicated check-in and early boarding privilege.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Shaun Fortes (UK)

Manchester to Orlando, out January back March. My biggest gripe is the seats are very uncomfortable and the food was awful. I would much prefer a good sandwich than the dried up hot meal that is offered. The cabin crew on both flights were very good and the entertainment system is excellent.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Boer (Netherlands)

A Virgin Atlantic Upper Class fare apparently does not allow you to use fast-track lanes at Heathrow. Virgin Atlantic offers the best pre-flight and post-flight service in the business; excellent food, attentive staff, both in the Heathrow Clubhouse as well as their Boston Logan lounge and the Revivals Lounge at Heathrow. Cabin staff are very attentive too, although a bit slow. On-board food is mediocre; eat on the ground if you have the time. The problem are Virgin's Upper Class seats. I'm slender and not too tall, and even I had a very hard time being comfortable in them. Due to the poor seats, I'm not likely to fly VA again, which is a pity given their excellent service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by O Banderas (Netherlands)

Was UpperClass Gold Card 10 years ago. New seats, food, service, ambience, handling are a huge step backwards to basically an average Premium Economy service. Delta is Vastly superior in all respects! Seats face away from window, narrow, rushed service. Very expensive tickets. Virgins only superiority will be the Lounges - even these are overcrowded nowadays. Economy is a very bad joke, Online Check-in pointless. Plenty of slogans and packaging, zero content/value for money. Unstable unreliable entertainment.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 March 2014 by S Johnson (UK)

Mar 2014, St Lucia-Gatwick. Another very good flight with Virgin. Cabin service was very good. As this was an overnight flight we had dinner and then slept for the remainder of the flight. Although the crew advised the new suite is the same size it didn't feel as long as the previous version. The actual mattress comfort though was superior and I was about to get several hours of sleep. The full English breakfast served could have been warmer apart from that it was all good.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  29 March 2014 by S Johnso (UK)

Feb 2014, Gatwick-St Lucia. My partner and I use Virgin where possible for out long haul flights, normally in Upper Class. This flight was probably one of the best we have had with Virgin. The Clubhouse at Gatwick is somewhat smaller than Heathrow but it is more than adequate and offer all of the facilities one would expect. St Lucia is now served by the new A330, a very nice aircraft but the Upper Class cabin is now 3 times the size of the 747 and has lost its spacious feel. The new suites are ok but they do feel cramped and squashed together when compared to those on the 747. The crew did advise that they were the same size, maybe so but at 6ft I used to be able to stretch my legs out fully using the foot stool but I was unable to do this with the new suite. Not a huge problem as it was comfortable but that does seem a small backward step when compared to other business class. The cabin service was excellent, choice of wines good and entertainment fare more than can be enjoyed during a 9 hour flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by C Grech (Malta)

VS200, LHR to HKG nothing to complain about. Cabin staff very helpful and food was really good. Free drinks including alcohol during the flight. HKG to SYD. Crew were really professional, good announcements and very helpful.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by M Rushent (UK)

Flew Virgin premier plus from Heathrow to Miami, 23/03/14 and really not looking forward to the flight home. Its not a bad service, its just not as good as you would be lead to believe and all other premier plus services I have flown on are better. Western airlines are so far behind middle east and far east versions where you are comfortable and made to feel welcome. Next time on the trip I will fly BA or go indirect to use another European carrier. My inflight entertainment was not even viewable, although I was given a DVD player.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by D Houghton (UK)

Flew with Virgin to Las Vegas. Only good thing I can comment on is the In-Flight Entertainment system - other than that both flights were awful. On the outbound flight we received just two drinks each before the "complimentary bar" was declared closed just a few hours into our ten hour flight. The cabin crew were more interested in discussing what they were going to do in Las Vegas rather than provide any form of customer service and the food was an absolute joke, my partner ordered beef stew and received something with three 1.5cm cubes of what I guess was beef and my chicken curry was inedible. The icing on the cake occurred on our return to LGW when we discovered that one of our bags had not been loaded. We did try to complain on numerous occasions and rather than attempt to address any of our issues the cabin crew / Virgin staff simply handed me a piece of paper titled "Any Concerns?" - by the end of our holiday we had collected three of these. To date Virgin have not responded to any of our complaints about the poor service, quality of food or delayed baggage.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 March 2014 by R Stewart (UK)

Just back from Mexico, with journey from London Gatwick being very good with great crew and good meals offered. Return journey was not as good. We were not offered a drink before they started to serve dinner with wine and soft drinks. Would have been nice to have had a spirit before meal. We were half way down the cabin but they ran out of one of the choices when they got to us. Breakfast was tasteless and unappetising, with better served to us last time we travelled with Virgin in economy class. Would also like to have been offered a facecloth to relax you after sleep. Seats were very comfy with lots of room and very good entertainment with lots of first class films.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by L Gainsford (UK)

LGW - Barbados, 16th March. Check in and boarding at Gatwick fantastic with no crowds. Seat comfort and legroom fantastic in an extra legroom seat for only 20 on airbus A330. Inflight service very good from an enthusiastic young crew, bar service available for the whole flight with no problems, food more than acceptable for economy class. All in all a very good experience from start to finish, would recommend.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  19 March 2014 by A Beswick (UK)

LGW-BGI return (747 + A330) in Economy. Both trips were very good indeed. Staff were really in to their jobs, friendly, helpful, attentive. Entertainment, food and seats a lot better than the competition. Took extra legroom seats on return and well worth 20 pp supplement.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 March 2014 by A Proschel (UK)

We always fly with virgin, in premium economy. The whole experience depends mainly on which crew are onboard. Some crews are excellent others leave much to be desired. On our last return from Orlando we were in the front half of the 'bubble' with economy behind. This is really not good as toilets only at front so the whole flight children were running up and down and people queuing, constantly blocking the aisle. On departing cabin, economy passengers were allowed to depart before premium, this is only a problem because premium passengers pay a lot more for this privilege so apart from more seat width and extra luggage there is no difference any more between economy and premium. The crew on this flight were dreadful. Having said this other crews have been fabulous, it is a pity this is not consistent. We are flying Upper Class in a few weeks time, hope we have a good crew.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by D Collins (UK)

MAN-MCO. Virgin are in the process of changing their seat reservation system and have well and truly messed up, they didn't advise all customers when they shortened the booking leadtime and equally didn't when they extended it - the problem now is that we fly in 3 weeks in Premium Economy and though no fault of our own we aren't guaranteed to sit together which is unnerving for my small children - repeated calls to Virgin customer service has got me absolutely no where - they simply say try again at the airport? They are not the airline they used to be.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Glyn Spencer (UK)

I flew Manchester - Jo'burg with Virgin and found the long haul leg well below what their reputation would lead you to expect. The food was poor, the seat uncomfortable and leg room minimal when you recline the seat (made worse by the fact that the seat in front was broke to the magazine rack dangled down) and no foot-rest - almost standard these days. The cabin service was awful - a 90min wait after departure for even a glass of water. Worse still was the fact that my bag was left at Manchester for two days. They were telling me the bag was at Jo'burg when it was still in Manchester. All airlines lose the odd bag but I have never met such an unhelpful operation when I contacted them.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by S Cunliffe (UK)

VS200, LHR-HKG-SYD, Airbus 340 600. Leg room very poor in the middle 4 seats which were some of the most uncomfortable I have experienced, the IFE had to be rebooted on several occasions as a result we were without it for 4-5 hours and when it was on all options were not available (simply not acceptable on a flight of this length). Crew on the LHR-HKG were in the main poor and in some cases rude the HKG-SYD crew were no better especially the male crew member who was only interested in chatting up the young girls on the flight. Food was ok but no little extra's you get with other airlines. All in all very disappointing.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by S Cunliffe (UK)

SYD-HKG-LHR, VS201, 25th March. What a contrast to the outbound flight this time, had a window seat which had much better leg room than the centre seats on the outbound, the comfort of the seat was still poor. IFE worked a treat with plenty of options the only issue is the screen resolution which is barely visible when viewing dark scenes in a movie. SYD-HKG cabin crew were first rate very efficient pleasant and could not do enough to help. Food was also good, the crew for the second part of the trip were also a credit to the airline. A pity the outbound could not match the high standard of the return but my faith has been restored and Virgin will get another chance.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by P Horton (UK)

VS76, MCO-MAN. Previously allocated seats of 16H & K on the lower deck changed by Virgin to 24H & K on upper deck. Check in at Orlando like organised chaos. Boarding on time and efficient. Welcome drink provided. IFE magazine provided for March, shame entertainment available on system was from February! Crew disinterested. One alcoholic drink provided with dinner which only comprises of salad, main course, tiny dessert and bread roll. No cheese, biscuits or chocolate. Coffee served in paper cup. Baileys or brandy offered. Additional request for another bottle of wine resulted in 1 bottle for 2 of us served in plastic cup! No juice with breakfast, lukewarm tea/coffee. Crew disinterested. Total opposite to VS75, MAN-MCO service 1 week earlier.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by R Jackson (UK)

Virgin Little Red. I am having to fly up to Edinburgh from London regularly for family reasons. I have tried all the airlines on that route and by far Virgin little red is the best. The price is always reasonable, the flights always on time and the cabin crew are some of the best I have encountered without exception on every trip. I am very hard to please but I cannot fault Virgin little red. Highly recommend.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by A Hein (UK)

We travel each year to St Lucia and booked Premium Economy both ways this time. Previously we had seats upstairs in the 'bubble' but with the new aircraft on this route this is not available. The new arrangements are not a patch on the previous ones. Apart from the main cabin being much less quiet and peaceful, the seats are less comfortable and the storage facilities very basic. It will be BA next year.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by J Andrews (UK)

Return trip LHR to DXB in Upper Class. All on time smooth and efficient, food pleasant and good quality wines. IFE worked well. Lounge still one of the best if not too crowded. Seating on A330 much too cramped for a premium cabin, the aisle is so narrow the cabin crew cannot use a trolley. Crew were generally pleasant and helpful. Seat itself is also very tight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by J Green (UK)

As a party of 12 travelling together we were so disappointed with check in service at Gatwick and return check in at Downtown Disney. After pre booking our seats we were allocated on arrival different seats meaning we were all split up for 9 hr journey. On return same thing happened leaving our 3 yr old grandson to sit on his own, when pointing this out to them we were told to sort it out ourselves. Meals offered were disgusting, over cooked and rock hard rolls all inedible. Would never travel with them again. Ruined a fantastic holiday.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Jennifer Rolfe (UK)

First time flying with Virgin Atlantic, and despite leaving over 2.5 hours early for a 45 minute journey, I was delayed so badly by traffic that I knew I would not make the baggage drop. I called ahead, warning them I was behind, and although the lady on the phone was sympathetic, she said there was little I could do but get there and do my best. When I arrived, 15 minutes after baggage closure, I begged the lady working to help me. She went above and beyond, booking my baggage in quickly, giving me directions and calling the airplane staff to let them know I was on my way. Despite another hold up in customs due to a family in front, when I arrived at the gate, the staff were friendly and relaxed, helping me get in and get seated as quickly as possible, all the time with a smile and a laugh. They got me water since I had been running, joked with me about the traffic and then continued with what I assume is their standard outstanding service. I have flown to America twice before with a different airline each time. This was by far the most comfortable, and most looked after I have ever felt and I hope I get to fly again with them soon.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  27 February 2014 by N Collard (UK)

LGW - Cancun return. My wife and I flew out to Cancun in Sep 2013. The 747 fleet had just been refurbished on this route, and our travel agent had a great last-minute upgrade deal for us (outbound and return) - which doubled our luggage allowance to two suitcases apiece. Priority check-in was great, and the staff were fantastic. As luck would have it, the morning we were flying out my wife had had a tumble and a mobility vehicle was laid on to take us directly to the gate. The Premium economy cabin was intimate - around 20-25 seats only, and we easily boarded and disembarked along with upper class. We were welcomed with champagne and shown to our seats. The seats were fantastic - very comfortable - and the inflight entertainment system made time fly by. The movie and music choices were top-rate and menu easy to navigate! The cabin crew were very attentive and service was excellent.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Max Chenery (UK)

LGW-MCO and inbound: MIA-LHR, so was able to experience the improved leisure economy and the Heathrow standard I have become used to after several previous trips. In my opinion, Virgin are flawless, still innovative, modern and sophisticated. Used their complimentary 'Twilight Check-in' the night before we flew - extremely convenient, and an excellent way of avoiding the additional queue's. Here we parted with our luggage, selected our seats and obtained our boarding passes, all in 20-25 minutes. Flight out was a 747-400, old livery however the inside was refurbished. Onboard, we were welcomed by a polite crew and directed to our seats. Inflight entertainment was simple with a variety of films, televisions programmes and other useful aspects that made the flight enjoyable. Menu offered: Lasagne, Coq au Vin and a vegetarian curry. I chose the Coq Au Vin and it was surprisingly tasty. Drinks services were regular, desert was handed out shortly after main was removed and afternoon tea was well presented and very appetising. Landed on-time at Orlando International airport and cleared immigration within 10 minutes, with a 15 minute wait for our bags to appear. Return journey home was on an older 747-400, beginning to show it's age in my opinion. Boarded to yet another smartly presented crew who directed everyone to their seats with a welcoming smile. When seated the entertainment system began after the safety demonstration and we pushed back on time. Meal service offered Beef and Vegetables, Chicken Tikka and a vegetarian Pasta dish. Again, relatively enjoyable. Drinks service was frequent and staff very attentive. I managed to sleep for around 4.5 hours and awoke to breakfast. I avoided the blueberry muffin as it looked absolutely revolting, I ate the breakfast bar and the fresh orange juice. Arrived in Heathrow 1 hour early, bags delivered as soon as we cleared customs.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Tyler Teresa (UK)

LHR to CPT and return. Night flights both ways. The Heathrow lounge a delight as always. The cabins crews both ways were professional and on our return flight created a very happy atmosphere. IFE on our outward flight was old fashioned but we were given IPads as well. On the return it was the Vera system which was OK. Seats/beds fine and meals good. The lounge in Cape Town was better than expected. The arrivals lounge at Heathrow is very good and the cooked breakfast is great if you missed it on the flight Generally we have always been pleased with our Virgin experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Stephen Smith (UK)

After finally shipping-off the children to various universities, my wife and I booked a 'Cancun' holiday. This was the first flight with 'Virgin', and we were both looking forward to it immensely. Check-in at Gatwick was very organised. We were bitterly disappointed with the in-flight meal, the only option being 'Sausage and mash', this was compounded by the problem of being unable to have a third alcoholic drink. Please don't think that we expected to become intoxicated, but, we were going on holiday, and a third drink, or even a fourth, small can of lukewarm beer would have been welcome.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Perrin Susan (UK)

LHR-CPT-JNB-LHR. February flight out was excellent great crew, comfortable bed, although Virgin do seem to be trying to cut costs in upper class. Lounge still excellent, return from Jo'burg lounge is great if a little small but we were bussed to the plane there was no airbridge, no priority boarding a complete shambles, not what you pay upper class fares for. Flight and crew faultless, although I do not know how airlines can overcome the issue of young children in a business class cabin on a night flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by S Dobbs (UK)

Flew VS77, MAN-BGI in PE 747. Good flights both ways, newer entertainment system, FAs good, food and drink good. Nice experience.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by James Mooney (UK)

I recently took a party of 6 people to Cape Town with Virgin Atlantic and will definitely never fly with them again. We paid for extra leg room and then found that for 3 of us sat together none of us had any internal inflight entertainment screens that worked. I asked if my client from the party could be upgraded to a seat with a working screen - the FSM said that a 30 additional payment for leg room entitled her to nothing and that he could offer her a seat directly in front of the toilet door. The plane appeared to have seats with the same problem all over the show. Added to this the food was poor and as for drinks - half a glass and then fend for yourself! The number of cabin staff was so few that service again was the worst I've experienced.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  18 February 2014 by D Dale (UK)

We were put on a Virgin Atlantic flight from LAX as our Delta flight to LHR via Atlanta was cancelled due to storm last week. Have only flown Virgin once in the past (PE) and I have to say I was very impressed. Upper Class full but the crew were excellent. Like the layout and being only 5' 2" the bed was great for me. Food very acceptable both dinner and breakfast.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Jean Jones (UK)

Travelled on VS076 from Manchester to Orlando. Had booked seats in upper cabin Premium Economy but seat numbers were located in lower cabin. Should not have been too much of an issue except a couple of very loud passengers kept up relentless conversations throughout flight. Complained to customer services who did not respond for 28 days. Lousy service. Response was full of it must have been my fault, and after June 2014 I can pay 25 for the privilege of Virgin getting it wrong. Virgin have published an incorrect seat plan and are not admitting it.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  15 February 2014 by B Swire (UK)

Just returned from Miami (Sunday) had super flight attendants. Have had to put 1 star for inflight entertainment as my earphones could not be used (fault with arm console). The flight attendant did everything she could but to no avail, and the way she dealt with it was first rate.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Shah Noor (UK)

VS01, DXB-LHR. First time with Virgin Atlantic. Half empty plane, very poor customer service from flight attendants, most of whom were miserable with not even a smile. Seats were not comfortable and the meal was below international standards. I am making judgement and comparison as I have flown with many other airlines and this is the worst one for me.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by P Crusher (UK)

VS603, Heathrow to Cape Town return. Great flights both ways, premium out, upper class return. Fantastic crew on outbound flight, worked so hard, meals were very tasty and drinks were plentiful. Return, slept in upper class bed for good 9 hrs,crew very friendly and good meals served without delay. Both flights were full to capacity, this must be a very popular route for Virgin, we will book flights with them again without doubt.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J Rodder (UK)

New York JFK to Heathrow on A340-600. We expected terminal 4 at JFK to have some breakfast facilities for the 07.30 flight but the choice was McDonald's or a coffee stand. Chaotic boarding but a friendly crew and an OK daylight flight to London, apart from being very hungry. We were served a cereal bar, a muffin and tea or coffee after take off and then a small hot meal (chicken tikka) 2hrs before we arrived into Heathrow. Many passengers asked for food mid-flight as the limited breakfast options at JFK, together with a sugary snack after take off didn't really match up to Virgin's advertised "dining" experience. We accept that we travelled economy but I'd rate the catering service and quality on this flight as poor. Anyone taking the morning flight from New York should consider taking their own food as you won't get much on board. The entertainment worked well and the crew were friendly but the meal service was extremely disappointing and certainly doesn't match the website adverts. I can't recommend Virgin from New York to London, I'd expected them to be ahead of the competition, not way behind.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Berisford (UK)

VS19, LHR to SFO, 21st Dec 2013. Returning, VS20, SFO to LHR, 2nd Jan 2014. Economy seats very narrow, no room for arms and if the person in front of you puts their seat back you can't see your TV. Was disappointed with Virgin in general. Has a good reputation but was a letdown.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Rodder (UK)

Heathrow to JFK on a 747 in economy. Messy boarding at Terminal 3 from a gate area which could not accommodate 300+ passengers. A pleasant surprise to find we could sit on the upper deck which is very civilised compared to the busy economy section on the main deck. Friendly crew and some OK food and drinks with a generous selection of pretzels with the first drink round. The service was quite messy, the starter and main were handed to us first and then the crew cleared the trays before offering dessert but no one had any spoons; maybe easier if VS presented the tray in one piece. Mid flight ice creams offered followed by a light afternoon tea before we arrived. The entertainment worked well and plenty of choice was available. All in all a good flight.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by G Newman (UK)

30th Jan 2014, flight from Dubai to Heathrow on VS401. Boarding was chaotic at Dubai and during the flight they really know how to treat economy passengers like third class citizens. Seat uncomfortable and leg room was minimal. They could only provide my wife and myself with two seats in the middle of the middle row of four. The food was extremely disappointing with very small amounts of unappetising fare. Overall the experience was unpleasant and I would not travel with them again unless unavoidable.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by G Greenwood (Australia)

VS 200, HKG-SYD, A340-600. Cabin staff were quite quick to respond when the button was pressed but were hard to 'flag down' if simply present along the aisles. Food although generally good on previous flights was terrible this time because the main dish was identical for both dinner and breakfast and the appetiser comprised of a ration of saltine biscuits, assorted jam and meaningless mini paper cups and condiments. Movie selection was bland and I was disappointed that most of what was offered was already shown the previous month. TV screen was very dim and one of the earmuff covers for my headset disintegrated mid-flight. Seat could have been wider because the passenger next door could not keep their elbow and knee within their boundary given the 'shared' centre armrest.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Phillip Cook (UK)

JFK-LHR on VS004, 26th Jan. Excellent friendly check in process. Flight departed a tad late due to de-icing, frequent updating announcements by the skipper. Lovely quiet A330 seemingly new as everything was bright and clean. Crew were confident and professional, with smart new uniform on test. As a loyal BA customer this was my first venture with VA and as such was a pleasant surprise. I have minor health issue which the cabin crew were made aware of they could not have been more thoughtful and considerate. IFE is never a priority for me, but VA's was delight to explore, BA could learn much from it. Aircraft was about fifty percent capacity so those that wished could stretch out. Excellent food and cabin service. Stacked at LHR due to density and early arrival. I would certainly fly VA again.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by S Morris (UK)

Travelled to St Lucia in January premium economy out and upper class return. Online check in was very easy, but twilight bag drop at Gatwick not possible on arrival at 4.30pm and we had to queue for 1 hour to check our bags in, probably because they have reduced the twilight check in time from 2pm to 5pm and only 2 staff were on duty. The new 330 wide bodied aircraft is much more cramped in premium economy than the 747 when travelling in the bubble which was a joy. The aisles are narrow causing more disturbance to passengers and some people are allocated seats in 3s with the loss of privacy for couples. However, the lighting and the entertainment were a big improvement and the food was good so overall the PE experience was acceptable. The return in upper class was poor value. Similarly cramped compared with the jumbo and it is no longer feasible to share a meal with your partner as the aisles are too narrow. There is some personal privacy at night and the beds were OK although you are quite near to the seats opposite the herringbone pattern works. Service disturbs sleepers due to the narrow aisles as stewards constantly knock into feet or the ends of beds. During the day it would be impossible to talk to you partner unless you got up as the screens do not fold down, so you are very much in your own space which is probably good for business passengers. The upper class meal was truly dreadful. It was impossible to eat the steak so I exchanged it for chicken which was also dry and tough. The stewardess suggested the only decent meal was vegetarian and several people were sending their food back, but by that time I had lost interest. Why do they serve lumps of meat which have to be re-heated? Food was much nicer in PE. Overall the service in upper class has deteriorated with reduced costs evident and we were very disappointed.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by L Jameson (UK)

I flew LHR-DEL, 20 Jan returning 30 Jan both times on Champagne Belle (A330-300), this aircraft is the best VS one I have travelled on with good seats and it seemed more leg room than usual. The cabin crew were superb providing me with braille safety cards (a first!). Two truly fantastic flights without the above and beyond we received.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Sidharth Sharma (USA)

Flight VS355 from Mumbai to Heathrow on January 31, 2014. Baggage checking staff were very unfriendly. They kept chatting amongst themselves rather than speed up the process of checking in. They were rude because I had an extra bag, and the payment for the extra weight of the bag took 15 minutes. Boarding gate was changed 3 times and with no announcement of the same. A lot of passengers were seen rushing from gate to gate. At time of boarding, though the seat #s were announced, the lady checking the boarding pass was too busy talking on her cell phone to see whether the seat # announced was followed or not.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by J Wyatt (UK)

LHR-CPT-LHR. Upper Class. The T3 Heathrow 'wing' is a fantastic perk and enabled us to step out of the car, get through check in and security and to the Clubhouse in under 10 minutes - a minor miracle at Heathrow! Clubhouse is as good as ever. A346 out was quite full. Food is as ordinary as ever, but I liked the choice of wines on offer. The 'bed' is ok. IFE has a wide range of things to watch or listen to although I went to sleep. Breakfast was horrid - but it always is on every airline. Staff all very nice and worked hard all through the flight. Return - the lounge in CPT isn't a Virgin lounge and is pretty rubbish. It also got full, although we had seats, some didn't. Return equipment was A343. Tablets handed out as there's no on-demand on the old VERA system. Didn't bother me as I slept for 10 hours. Overall, Virgin Upper still successfully manages to differentiate itself from other airlines quite well. Some elements of it though, are getting tired.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Gary Ho (UK)

London Gatwick to Tobago via St Lucia. Online check in was faultless. Boarding card sent electronically to iPhone Passbook successfully. Baggage drop was fast and efficient. No queue at all and friendly service. Boarding was fine and electronic boarding card on iPhone worked without any issues. Plane was a modern A330-300. Very nice mood lighting, comfortable seats, adequate leg room And good in flight entertainment. Departed pretty much on time. Drinks service with pretzels followed by lunch. Menu was distributed prior to lunch. Food was quite reasonable. Dessert was served separately which is a nice touch and tea/coffee followed. Ice cream was also served later on. Drinks were served throughout. Afternoon tea (sandwich) was served with tea/coffee before landing in st. Lucia. However, bar service was closed 2 hours before landing. Officially it should not close until 45 mins prior to landing. Stop off in St Lucia for 2 hours before departing for Tobago. Drinks were served during stop over. 30 min flight included drinks service and snack (crisps) before arriving slightly ahead of schedule in Tobago. Overall very good aircraft and pretty good service.

Virgin Atlantic Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Steve Crocker (UK)

Miami - London - Manchester in Upper Class. Having read previous reviews we were apprehensive as this was our first flight with Virgin, but our experience was mainly good. The lounge at Miami was grim, but once on board we found our seats comfortable when both seated and reclined. We were in the front cabin of the lower deck of a 747 which is quite wide and so did not suffer the problem of our feet being constantly knocked. However I would not have wanted to be in another cabin or aircraft as we could clearly see why many others complain about this problem. The food we had was good as was the red wine and the cabin crew were friendly and attentive and made and unmade our beds immediately on request. The video on demand did not look exciting but as we wanted to sleep this was not a problem to us. The arrivals lounge food and facilities at Heathrow were excellent. The Little Red connection to Manchester was nothing special but our luggage did arrive quickly so we can have no complaints about our experience, the Miami lounge apart. Virgin would not be our first choice for the future but equally we would use them again if appropriate.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax