Brussels Airlines Customer Reviews and Brussels Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  15 February 2011 by S Van Ransbeeck (Belgium)

Brussels-Porto. B-light economy ticket for 100 euro return. Online check-in crashed but I got my seat (emergency exit). The plane was half-empty so nobody on seats next to me. Good flight but pity you have to pay extra for food or drinks. Strangely enough my Etihad Guest card was not accepted.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  14 February 2011 by N Howard (UK)

The flight to Zurich costs over €1200 in economy - a destination once served by Virgin Express for less than €100 return! This disgrace compounded with the fact that the Brussels Airlines plane is a very cramped, old, dirty plane!

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  1 February 2011 by Pat Santiago (France)

BRU-TLV. Service ok, plane on time but Brussels Airlines operates A319 on this route. This is a very cramped plane, seat with small pitch and hard cushion. Almost impossible to sleep on this night flight. Business seat is a joke - at least fare was competitive.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  14 January 2011 by A MacFarland (UK)

Brussels to Philadelphia on Christmas eve, or at least we tried. Brussels Airlines was supposed to get us to London so we could get our connection with US Airways. Due to weather conditions, flight got cancelled. I am not complaining about the cancellation, weather conditions are beyond anyone's control, however I am complaining about the lack of information and help given to us from this point on. We were rebooked, re-cancelled, they lost our luggage on the way and there is no way to get through to their luggage tracing department, they just do not answer any calls! When you send an email to their Baggage department, you do not get an answer either, let alone an automated message saying they received your mail! It does not stop there. Brussels Airlines changed my return flight to London with US Airways without consulting me and decided to change it to return to Brussels even though I live in London. I still to this day do not know why! They had to add a flight to my itinerary so I could get home to London. To this day, I still do not have my luggage and have not been contacted once. My emails and calls remain unanswered. I have never had to face such problems in all my previous travels with any airlines.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  31 December 2010 by A Durand (Belgium)

Brussels to Bilbao on 25 December. No delays were indicated on the website nor at check-in. But when departure time arrived things got wrong. A 1 hour delay was announced. After a while change of gate and an airplane was there, but no crew! On Xmas day there was not much traffic and runways were active. Some passenger had been going to the airport for the 3rd consecutive day due to cancellation linked to snow. A new 1 hour delay was announced with no clear indication that the flight would leave. There were children, old people and a pregnant woman. We had to pressure and harrass the airline agents to get food vouchers as legislation provides for. Eventually we left with a 3 hour delay. Information was non0-existant. Flying with Brussels Airlines is a poor experience.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  17 December 2010 by J Segal (USA)

MXP-BRU. Very average at best. We were 45 minutes late leaving due to weather (ice) at MXP and will give them credit for the updates. Of course all had connections and this created havoc on the plane with questions from many passengers. Will say the Purser handled this with dignity and answered all with a good attitude. Surprised at the amount and size of carry on baggage that was allowed. This was a smaller plane, and noticed many oversized pieces that were not able to fit any where. Many people had piled their pieces on empty seats and left them there. Nothing said by crew. No inflight service at all in my section. They did get me there and transferred my luggage, so happy about that.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  16 December 2010 by D Stanley (UK)

LHR-Bujumbura. Overall, a very poor experience. Service and facilities on the ground in Brussels were very poor. I had to queue at the Brussels Airlines desk for an hour to get a boarding card whilst the sole employee dealt very slowly with the 2 or 3 people in front of me. On the flight, seats were uncomfortable, with limited leg room and very little recline. The inflight entertainment was near non-existent - at least the screen was so far away that it was impossible to watch. Food was average.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  16 November 2010 by Stuart McIlwain (Canada)

BRU-LFW/ACC-BRU. Mixed experience overall, and not up to what I would expect. Online check-in did not work for either leg. Boarding in Brussels well organized, in Accra was complete chaos, with the airport trying to board three different flights through the same gate at roughly the same time. No information screens or announcements, people milling around, and gate agents shouting instructions but only managing to add to the confusion. The aircraft interiors were old, with no PTVs and just a single screen at the front of each cabin. The food on the flight to Lome was horrible - worse than US-based airlines. The food on the flight back to Brussels was much better. Cabin crew were also variable, with a few trying hard while others were disengaged and uninterested. But since the fare was the cheapest by far, I got good value for my money overall.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  20 August 2010 by S Kneissl (Rwanda)

Business Class seats are very average, no flat bed position and not very comfortable if you happen to be tall. During our outward bound flight my seat (03C) malfunctioned and became immovable. I brought this to the attention of the crew and without apology, was rudely informed that I should choose another vacant seat for the remainder of the flight. I found this unacceptable as there were no free seats accessible for myself and my wife to sit together. Eventually, after complaining once more, a member of the crew was able to correct the problem by resetting the mechanical unit under the chair. I would also add that the screen in front of my seat was also faulty, cabin was dirty and the quality of the food was well below Business Class standard. On our return flight to Kigali, before taking off we noticed that both our seats were malfunctioning and once again, advised the flight crew. A member of the ground technical staff was called on board and together with the cabin crew attempted to repair the seats without success. At this stage we were politely asked if we would mind moving to the free seats one row behind. We complied with the request only to find that these seats (4A & 4C) were likewise not operational and were finally relocated to 4H & 4K. The crew on this flight were attentive, apologetic and informed us that the problems with seats in Business Class are recurrent and assured us that a report would be filed. I personally bore the expense of upgrading our tickets to Business Class in order to enjoy a more comfortable and relaxed journey. Unfortunately, this was not the case as we were troubled by the overall poor condition of the aircraft cabin and casual disregard for the comfort and safety of passengers by Brussels Airlines.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  20 August 2010 by P Teeuwen (Netherlands)

Even though I had a low-cost ticket I enjoyed nice service in the old Sabena style on a flight BRU-Nice in A319. I was lucky to book two exit-row seats using online check in, so plenty of space. Did not use the meal or drink service. Four stars, not five.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  4 August 2010 by JeanLouis Vergaert (UK)

B-Flex (the Premium Eco) can be a good deal, but be very careful never to take a codeshare flight. I did it with a flight to Lisbon using TAP, and I must say that the website of Brussels Airlines is very misleading, you would need a magnifier to note that this is a codeshare flight. As a consequence, you are denied any of the B-Flex perks: staff at Brussels Airlines check-in does not even recognize you and send you to make the full queue at TAP check-in. You receive no fast track at the security. You receive no preferred seating, no snack, not even a drink. You are basically a simple economy passenger, stupid enough to have paid a B-Flex fee instead of the cheapest economy fare. I got the Brussels Airlines flight on my return and then had nothing to complain, I received all the perks and was quite happy of the flight. In my view, the Brussels Airlines website is totally dishonest as even their confirmation told me about those perks I was not going to receive on the TAP flight.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  12 July 2010 by Vincent Fissore (Monaco)

Flew NCE-BRU and BRU-NCE b economy flex. Good onboard service with free coffee, drinks and snacks, Brussels Airport convenient and easy to use. All this with a low ticket price. A good choice also if you want to connect to Africa cheaply.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  24 June 2010 by Peter Cullen (UK)

BRS-BRU return (twice). These flights are operated by bmi aircraft and crews. All flights on time or a little early. Embraer aircraft are a fairly small but I like them, particularly if they are not full (only one of these four flights was nearly full); they are light, smooth and the leg room is fine for a short flight. My one complaint is the price, one of my trips was economy (B.Light) and the other economy plus (B.Light+). Although the latter was over twice the price (and even economy is not particularly cheap) there was virtually no difference in the quality of service - a bit more food and that is it. I believe the hand luggage weight limit is a bit higher, but if you check-in online, nobody knows. So my advice is buy the cheapest ticket; though, as previous commentators have said, that is not always possible.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  18 June 2010 by Stefaan Meulders (Belgium)

BRU-NCL-BRU in 'b.light economy'. Booked tickets through their website and as usual the cheaper fares were sold out so ended up booking a rather expensive ticket. I used the online check in to Newcastle but when trying to check in online for the return flight to Brussels I got a message 'pick up boarding pass at airport', meaning I had to be even more early at Newcastle airport for the 6.25 morning flight. A positive point is flights between Brussels and Newcastle are operated for Brussels Airlines by BMI who fly Embraers on the route. These may not be the most comfortable planes but a lot better than the outdated AVRO's Brussels Airlines used for this route.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  14 June 2010 by Mike Sellick (UK)

Travelled two days ago with an elderly disabled friend from Oslo to Brussels. The plane was twenty minutes late taking off - which was worrying as we had a short time connecting flight to catch in Brussels. To be fair, Brussels Airlines put us in a car and dropped us "near" - their words - to the security check in. In reality it took twenty minutes to navigate through the confusing Brussels Airport and the extremely arrogant Belgian security staff. We just made our connecting flight in time. My disabled companion was extremely stressed and needed his heart medicine more than once.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  14 June 2010 by Alain Kupferman (France)

Brussels to Entebbe via Kigali in business class. Seats standard business, no possibility to lie flat, and primitive video system (no VOD). Service excellent, attentive, sufficient number of attendants, food extremely good. Wine list small but high quality wines, in all, a very nice trip.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  1 June 2010 by T Vandenabeele (Belgium)

BRU-LHR.Checked in online and walked straight to the gate. The bus driver didn't seem to know where the RJ100 was parked and drove us around almost every corner of the airport. The suitcase (even though it is within cabin luggage size limits) does not fit in the AVRO overhead lockers. Typically FA's place it in the front of the plane and hand it over when leaving the aircraft. Last week, the flight to LHR was delayed by more than one hour, There was no food, no coffee, no tea due to a strike at the catering company. When leaving the aircraft, I asked for my luggage and was told to get it on the conveyor. After passing the IRIS scan instead of passport control (which is a real time saver in London), I could wait for over 30 minutes to receive my cabin luggage back. Usually SN Brussels Airlines has a very good staff and service but this time a was slightly disappointed.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  26 May 2010 by Eric Howell (UK)

NCL-BRU in Economy Flex. The small embraer plane is operated by BMI Regional. Very punctual service, only one cabin crew each way but they were excellent. The food was good. My only gripe was that I wished I'd flown Economy and saved money. The seat is exactly the same as is the leg oom. In reality, the extra money (which was considerable) is really for a newspaper, a couple of drinks and a cold meal. If you are on a flight for less than two hours, then I would recommend economy.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  12 May 2010 by S Rasmussen (Denmark)

CPHBRU-BRS return in economy class,flights on time. Cabin staff very service minded and helpful. Seat pitch more than adequate. Even though I had to pay for drinks and snacks, the prices were OK, food fresh, and a good selection of Belgian beer. There's also diabtec friendly food and a vegetarian option. Only moment of irritation was transfer at BRU, which, when transferring from Schengen to Non-Schengen, requires at least 25 mins of walking.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  22 April 2010 by Andre Souranis (Belgium)

ATH to BRU in B-flex. ot stuck in ATH with so many others due to the volcano eruption - very well taken care of. Brussels Airlines arranged accomodation for us, very well informed and promptly rebooked and sent home as soon as operations resumed. Very nice cabin crews in both directions.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  21 April 2010 by A Macarron (Spain)

MAD-BRU-NBO return with my Miles & More miles. Short haul flights on old 737s but cabins were clean and decent. We were on b-flex economy so were offered a meal, which was nice. Long haul on A330-300 with nice pitch but no IFE, which would have made a big difference, and ok meals. Cabin crews very good, except for NBO-BRU where more veteran FAs not so nice. Overall, a reliable airline with acceptable service.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  7 April 2010 by Johan Vranken (Belgium)

Brussels to Berlin in b-light and back in b-flex. Clean and comfortable Avro's with good legroom and wide seats (only 5 seats in a row). Crew friendly and with good language skills. Food in b-flex nothing to write home about but drinks of good quality and plentifull. Check- in in Brussels quick and easy thanks to my silver status with Miles and More. Completely other story at check-in in Berlin. One attendant only arrived two hours before departure and as there was only one row, nobody cared about priority check-in for premium passengers. Unacceptable.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  29 March 2010 by D Naert (Belgium)

BRU-GVA-BRU in b.light. Outbound flight on nearly full Avro RJ 100. Only two FA's, but very friendly service. Flight arrived on time. Return flight on ageing B737-300. Departure delayed due to late arrival of aircraft, and further delays due to heavy traffic at GVA. Arrived in BRU one hour late. Only three FA's on this full evening flight, very poor service. Maybe not if you were in business or b.flex (one third of all passengers). Sales of drinks and snacks in b.light by just one FA (what were the others up to?) started just two minutes before descent into BRU. Very rushed service as a result. Service in general mostly non-existant, unfriendly and disinterested. Simply not good enough given the fact the return fare was EUR 250. Taped announcements very annoying. Live announcements in Dutch virtually incomprehensible.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  17 March 2010 by Erik Johanssonn (Portugal)

I fly regularly between Porto and Gothenburg via Brussels with Brussels Airlines. The time table suits me, the way you are treated is very good, cabins are clean and comfortable, and as far as service is concerned, you get what you pay for. And the prices are very good compared with other options I have.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  10 March 2010 by F Costa (Italy)

Problem of Brussels Airline is that they have to decide if they are a low cost or a standard airline. Low cost prices are not so low, but if you are travelling at full price you are served like a low cost airline, this applies in particular for ground services in the airport: long queues, bad info, personnel not trained to handle unexpected events, such delays or cancellations and very few people at the help desks. Before from Brussels there was the choice between SN Brussels and Virgin Express, both company were delivering good value for money - when they merged together they took the worst of both airlines and put it on the same plane!

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  7 March 2010 by M Vermeire (Belgium)

The biggest problem of Brussels Airlines is that in a mostly small Avroliner cabin three classes are done. Passengers in business do not even have the privacy of a curtain. In business a very cheap champagne is offered. The meal service in so called B flex is usually rather poor - a company that started very good after the Sabena disaster as SN Brussels, even offering hot croissants in economy, now approach the level of a cheap carrier.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  20 February 2010 by D Mabillard (Switzerland)

GVA-BRU-GVA on Brussels Airlines in B.Flex cabin. Airplane old 737-400 going to BRU and a B737-300 on the way back. Airplanes were showing their age but are ok. Seat pitch was ok in B.Flex class. Service was very good with a good snack, full beverage service. Cabin crew were nice and multiligual. B.Flex product is very good - almost the same level as some other airlines business class. You can't access lounge for free but you are allowed to use fast lane at security at Brussels which is very good.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  19 January 2010 by J Eriksson (Sweden)

Had a B-Flex with Brussels Airlines. Plane was delayed 5 Hours because of snowfall in Sweden so we missed our connection flight. Our onward ticket with a 5-star airline got rebooked to a low cost airline (economy) with non-existent service. Also we had to pay for hotel 1 night in Brussels that Brussels Airline refused to pay. I cannot recommend this airline to anyone.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  20 December 2009 by Thomas Riekel (France)

My wife and two kids left from Kinshasa to Toulouse via Brussels. The plane had three hours delay on arrival in Brussels and they missed the connecting flight. The next flights were full, one was cancelled, the last flight at night again did not take off. They refused hotel, or any support, claiming always there would soon be a flight. They slept on the floor in the airport. The next day same story, no assistance, no help - flights leaving to Toulouse booked out. She left finally at 6pm, a delay of 36 hours, in which no assistance or help whatsoever was given to them. Brussels should be ashamed, their service is non existent.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  5 December 2009 by Arsen Sahakyan (Italy)

BRU-OSL in economy class. Check in on-line and printed my boarding pass before arrival at the airport. Luggage drop off at a designated counter was quick and hustle free. Flight was on time. Staff friendly and helpful. Food available for purchase on board. Overall experience was quite positive except for a loud noise made by an old Avro RJ100 engines during the entire flight. If booked in advanced, fares are normally affordable.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  30 November 2009 by Patrice Santiago (France)

LIS-BRU. Brussels airlines is downgrading its product, which is becoming low cost with old and tired 737s from former Virgin express with very cramped seats and one of the worse pitch. Inbound flight with TAP and you could size difference for seat comfort and overall package. Will try avoiding this company when possible, until fleet is upgraded and they become more competitive. .

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  15 November 2009 by Stephen D'Arcy (Belgium)

Brussels-Venice return. Worth noting that in theory BLight pax have less cabin baggage allowance than BFLEX and only the overhead lockers down to row 4/5 are large enough to hold a standard carry-on suitcase. So get on early and grab one of these lockers! Online check-in is a real bonus when flying at the crack of dawn. It meant I could take the first airport bus arriving at 05.35, go straight to security and arrive at gate A71 (somewhere near Mechelen) before loading started.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  12 November 2009 by M Kaye (Israel)

Tel Aviv to Brussels and on to Barcelona and back. All flights were on time - three on A319s and the other an Avro. Service polite, friendly and efficient. Meals and refreshments were free and fine on longer legs. No videos or music was available. Price was keenest of all airlines on the dates travelled. All in all a good package with nothing meaningful to complain about.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  22 October 2009 by J Hansen (Denmark)

CPH-BRU-CTA return in b.business. Champagne on boarding, Cold meal CPH-BRU-CPH - and warm lunch BRU-CTA-BRU. Huge difference between service and attitude of crew, which gave me an inconsistent impression. Satisfying experience - food was really good.

BRUSSELS AIRLINES customer review :  24 September 2009 by Jean Louis Vergaert (Belgium)

Brussels to Budapest B-Flex: seems the additional cost of B-Flex compared to B-Light is worth when you fly on a B737, as you have a probability to get the seat next to you free. However, if you fly the Avro, the flight is almost always full and you are in exactly the same cramped seats and suffer lack of hand luggage storage space like B-Light - so you pay much money for the privilege of a regular food tray and apple juice. I had to fly with my handbag under my feet, and it was far from comfortable. SN Airlines is basically a no frills airline, but to be fair they have good schedules and are timely.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7