Onur Air Passenger Reviews and Onur Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Onur Air customer travel guide

Onur Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Onur Air 2-Star Airline Ranking

Onur Air Customer review :  2 July 2014 by D Kehoe (UK)

Used the Stanstead to Ercan route and returned a week later. Although I can have no complaints whatsoever about the crew or the flights, I have strong reservations about the very cramped seating on both journeys. I am just over 6 feet tall and found myself in considerable pain from having little or no leg room. Although it was not the airlines fault the return journey was made worse by taking over 105 minutes in line waiting to check in at Ercan whilst staff hand wrote the boarding passes and luggage labels. It left us with barely 10 minutes to shop before rushing onto the aircraft which then spent over an hour on the ground in Turkey. As it was an early morning flight over 200 disgruntled people finally left the cramped plane. I had a great holiday in a Northern Cyprus but would never want to repeat the experience of bad seating and rubbish checking in procedures. I will look elsewhere in future.

Onur Air Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Julie Carlin (UK)

After reading the reviews I decided I would purchase extra leg room seats as we were only flying return flight with them, which I did on the required 20 days before departure. At check in on the return flight from Dalaman there seemed to be some problems as each passenger checked in. When it came to us I showed the check in staff the invoice for our pre paid extra leg room seats only to be told that these seats had been given to other passengers with no explanation. It seemed after speaking to other passengers that their extra leg room seats had also been re-sold. We spent the four and half hour flight in very cramped seating and if it meant never going away again I will never fly with Onur Air again.

Onur Air Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Dobson Mark (UK)

Return flight from of 4.5 hrs, Dalaman to Manchester. Major disruption from a large family during the flight, children screaming and fighting, parents unable to control their young teenagers. It was plain to see that other passengers were getting very annoyed, but all wondering what to do, should they intervene and probably get into some form of altercation with the dysfunctional clan. The flight staff became aware of the problem, but did absolutely nothing about it, overlooking it even when I made a comment to them as they passed by serving drinks. It was a thoroughly unprofessional act by the Onur inflight crew, ignoring this totally unacceptable behaviour and causing a very uncomfortable journey for those sitting nearby. What is Onur's policy on bad inflight behaviour? The staff certainly didn't know, as I asked them on my way off the plane. I wonder what the cabin crew's response would have been if passengers had taken things into their own hands to sort out the disorder? After discussing this situation with friends and family it would seem that this sort of bad behaviour is now very common on board flights. Airline companies need to clarify what is acceptable onboard and dish out appropriate sanctions for those that are disruptive and disorderly.

Onur Air Customer review :  26 June 2014 by M Morini (UK)

We flew from Manchester, we were late boarding and no explanation as to why. When we had boarded we were left on the plane for 45 minutes before taking off. The inflight staff were unhelpful and quite rude. When the food had been served they started selling cigarettes and other items without clearing away the food packages. Passengers were left taking the cartons to the staff areas themselves and staff were reluctant to take them. The staff were disorganized and kept pushing past passengers as their trolleys did not seem to be adequately stocked. For some of the time there was no water to wash your hands with after using the toilet facilities. When we landed in Turkey the staff changed and they were somewhat better. The return journey was less stressful but still had its problems. We boarded slightly late. The Pilot explained that we had to refuel and the staff were changing over. It became obvious that something was wrong and we were advised that a tyre needed changing and we had to disembark. We were ferried onto a coach, dumped in the airport and then after thankfully a 45 minute wait we re boarded and continued our journey. Thankfully without any further disruption.

Onur Air Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Amanda McCarthy (UK)

We flew from Stansted and got there early to book extra leg room. My husbands tall and requires this! For three months, both Thomas cook and ourselves have been trying to book extra leg room with this airline! The telephone number published isn't answered and the system throws you out repeatedly, just when you think you are nearly there and are about to pay for seats. Journey to Antalya was great as a result. Our return was a nightmare. Once again we got to the airport early. Paid for row one 4 seats at 20.00 per seat. Fine, if that's what it takes to be comfy. We were happy. When boarding, our seats were changed to row 2, but we had paid for row 1. They said sorry but these had been pre-booked. This service didn't exist. As a result we waited for our refund and my husband flew in the tightest space possible. His knees were into the chair in front, are the pitches aimed at five footers. He was so uncomfortable. As a result, we came home with a bitterness about the holiday and the airline.

Onur Air Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Brook (UK)

My flights to and from N Cyprus, via Antalya, greatly exceeded my expectations formed from previous reviews. The Aircraft was clean and punctual, the staff friendly, and I even enjoyed the flight catering. all in all, a good start to our holiday.

Onur Air Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Susan Thompson (UK)

We flew from Manchester to Antakya, stopping at Stansted to change some passengers and to refuel. We sat in the plane on the tarmac for ages not knowing what was going on. Eventually the captain came over the tannoy to say that there had been problems with refuelling because the company supplying the fuel would not accept the Captain's company credit card and there had been negotiations between Onur and Shell at high level before refuelling was authorised. Otherwise our flights with Onur Air followed the same pattern as others reported here. Cramped seating, crummy cheese sandwiches, disinterested staff and not enough to drink. Staff poured more unwanted coffee down the loo than had been offered to the passengers. The loo looked dreadfully stained and dirty as a result. Also one of the loos wasn't working. I don't want to fly with Onur Air again but I do want to go to Turkey again because it is such a wonderful and friendly country.

Onur Air Customer review :  4 December 2013 by N Allen (UK)

Exeter to Dalaman in May. Travelled several times with Onur Air, you must remember what you are paying for the flight, this is not BA, each time I have flown I have found the staff courteous and polite. On one occasion I was unwell and was given extra legroom and was constantly checked. Some of the poor reviews here are petty with people expecting too much for the low price, I'm very happy to be an Onur customer and highly recommend them to anyone who wants a no frills flight.

Onur Air Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Kevin Thompson (UK)

Outward flight to Antalya on 4th November was basic but fine with helpful friendly crew and sufficient though not extensive leg room so as not to make the flight uncomfortable. As this was a budget flight had no reason to have any higher expectations, I also had no reason to believe the return flight 4945Y on the 11th November would be any different. How wrong I was, had we known in advance I would have paid extra for seats near the exits with more legroom as when we boarded the return flight there appeared to have been more rows of seats squeezed in to the aircraft leaving insufficient legroom such that it was impossible to even slip your legs under the seat in front properly to stretch them out. I am of average height but had to sit twisted in my seat initially. I started to get an aching pain in my left side so had to stand for a large part of the journey. The staff seemed indifferent and eventually a lady kindly offered to let me sit next to her in an 'exit' seat for about the last 45 minutes of the journey. I am also a coeliac and on the outward flight the staff could not have been more helpful and provided me with more than ample replacement complementary food for the roll offered to the other passengers. Unfortunately when I advised the staff on the return flight I could not have the roll due to my condition she took it away but I was offered nothing further than a cup of water. This may well be due to language difficulties causing a misunderstanding though the staff did seem to speak excellent English, but it only further soured the experience. The holiday itself could not have been better but it was spoiled by the return flight. I could not recommend this airline.

Onur Air Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Zeid Amr (Egypt)

Flew last month from IST to AYT. The flight was delayed over 1 hour without any explanation, we were stuck in the departure lounge waiting for the bus to the plane for a long time with no explanation. The plane was hot, the seat were cramped, the attendants were rude. Served a cheese sandwich. The ticket was more expensive than competitors on the same route.

Onur Air Customer review :  21 October 2013 by P O'Gorman (UK)

Airline too cramped for a 6.5 hour trip from Northern Cyprus to Stansted. It must have been hell for tall people.

Onur Air Customer review :  14 October 2013 by A Elsey (UK)

Doncaster to Dalaman. We went on a flight to Turkey on Onur Air and I have to say the flight was like a Ryanair plane but Turkish. The plane has the worst leg room your could imagine. My farther had to stand up for the whole flight as the leg room was uncomfortable to sit in. The attitude of the crew was very bad as they were rude and looked like they had a sour face at the passengers. Although on the way back to Doncaster, the crew were not as bad and were polite. The captain never said anything to the passengers like saying thank you for flying or coming out at the end of the flight to say in person. In conclusion I would not recommend this flight to anybody especially tall people!

Onur Air Customer review :  3 October 2013 by J Robinson (UK)

Flew with this airline September 2013 from Manchester to Northern Cyprus with a stop in Turkey. Very uncomfortable as hardly any leg room and narrow seats. This was a problem since total time on aircraft was 6.5 hours. Staff were unsmiling and offhand. Definitely wouldn't fly with them again.

Onur Air Customer review :  17 September 2013 by S King (UK)

Dalaman to Gatwick September 2013. Awful airline, would never use this airline again, cabin too warm, attendants very unhelpful, drinks very expensive! We hit turbulence coming into Gatwick, would of been nice to have some reassurance from the pilots, but we did not hear from them throughout the flight.

Onur Air Customer review :  5 September 2013 by C Boulter (UK)

Dalaman to Doncaster in August 2013. Flight delayed 2 hours, no reason given to passengers. Plane was an A320 and was looking rather tired inside the cabin, it still had arm rest ash trays. Cramped seating with very little leg room, Inflight service came around and I purchased a can of coke at 3.80 euros. I would avoid at all costs as the staff were rude and spoke very little English. Having said all the above the flight was trouble free and we landed safely in good time. Onur really do need to sort its customer service and their pricing of food and drink, if it was reasonably priced people would buy it. Think before you book or buy a ticket with this airline.

Onur Air Customer review :  30 August 2013 by S Hamilton (UK)

Could not fault this airline. It was very good and left on time coming back from Dalaman, but going out it was 40 mins late from Manchester. Return flight was very good, took off and landed on time, very smooth with the captain informing us about the route we would be taking and at what height all in English which was very good for a Turkish airline. The seats and cabin were very clean and tidy, not even some British carriers can do that.

Onur Air Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Erkan Partal (UK)

Flight from Dalaman to Gatwick on 14th August 2013. Very pleased with the service, staff very helpful and friendly. We will definitely fly Onur Air again.

Onur Air Customer review :  22 August 2013 by A Hamilton (Ireland)

Dublin - Izmir / Izmir - Dublin. 3rd - 17th Aug. Turkish version of Ryanair! Very cramped seating. Hot stuffy plane. Extremely rude cabin crew. Accepted a currency from me for a cup of tea and came back 10 mins later telling me I lied about the currency - sterling issued by The Bank of Ireland apparently isn't accepted. I explained that I only had that money with me - spent the next 2 hours of dirty looks and muttering stuff. Seat covers coming off half the seats. Incoherent announcements on flight, heavily accented and sound of speaker was too hard to understand what was being said. Seats tilt back so far that if you don't have your seat tilted back you have about 5 inches to yourself. Food and drink selection poor and price very expensive, 4 euro for cup of tea and 3 euro for water. Never again!

Onur Air Customer review :  15 August 2013 by M Crooke (UK)

Stansted to Ercan via Antalya. Flight take off and landing on time. Paid for extra legroom going at 15 each and it was a very comfy flight for a budget airline. Food and soft drinks given both ways was an added bonus (payable on most other budget airlines). The cabin crew were very good and I agree with the last review saying that it made a nice change not to be hassled into buying something all of the flight! On the inward journey we couldn't have extra legroom seats but the plane wasn't full at the back so we used the empty seats. All in all a good experience with Onur air and would use them again.

Onur Air Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Ray Bower (UK)

Manchester - Ercan via Dalaman. Left on time and arrived early. Food average and baggage allowance good. No checking for excess charges. Extra leg room on return was money well spent. What I liked about Onur Air was that they were not always trying to sell products. Overall I was impressed.

Onur Air Customer review :  5 August 2013 by L Mackay (UK)

Manchester to Ercan via Dalaman - paid for extra legroom at MAN and these seats were good as they did have a lot of extra space. Flight left on time and check-in was good. However, there was a problem with the Cabin Crew in that they did not speak very good English and their announcements were very difficult to understand. Given that most of the people on board were English their lack of their ability to speak our language was very bad. Meal we were supplied with was alright and we were given plenty of drinks. Stop-over in Dalaman was a bit tedious and no- one came near us when the Crew changed over - not offered any refreshments on the flight over. Return flight was OK but the reception at Ercan Airport was disgusting. We were waiting in a queue at 3.30 in the morning and the ground staff were just laughing at us all standing waiting to be "processed". On the whole the flights were OK and the service on board, but their lack of speaking English was, I feel, disrespectful. However, the flights were on time but long particularly having to wait for approx. 45 minutes in Dalaman before travelling onwards to Ercan.

Onur Air Customer review :  31 July 2013 by D Cahalane (Ireland)

A320 from Cork to Izmir on 14th July 2013 and returned on 28th. Aircraft was shockingly cramped. I regularly fly with Ryanair and have never experienced such restricted legroom as on this aircraft. Similarly the ability of the cabin crew to communicate with the passengers was limited by the indecipherable announcements over the PA in Turkish and heavily accented English. Flight itself was incident free and punctual and they used the airbridge in Cork airport which was a pleasant change from Ryanair. I would be very reluctant to book a package holiday with any company that uses this airline.

Onur Air Customer review :  20 June 2013 by William Coombes (UK)

Travelled from Stansted Airport to Ercan via Antalya. Flight on an Airbus 320 on June 2nd 2013. The flights were on time, seats ok but rather cramped. Staff were pleasant but the meals provided were poor although there were plenty of soft drinks and water provided as part of the service. It would be much better if they could fly direct to Ercan without the stop at Antalya. I would put them on par with easyjet.

Onur Air Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Bulch (UK)

We have just returned from Northern Cyprus and flew both ways with this airline. I have never flown in a plane with such a small amount of leg room, if I was flying for about an hour it would have been ok but not for 6 hours. The food was disgusting, a mouthful of soft drink was served with the meal and a tiny can of beer cost 4.20. I wont fly with them again.

Onur Air Customer review :  30 October 2012 by U Rice (Ireland)

Dublin to Izmir for a week. Never before experienced such discomfort on flights, different aircraft type used outwards and return. Both flights were stifling, complaints to cabin crew ignored. On the return flight, the person making the safety announcements had deplorable English and the announcements were garbled. Other passengers on both flights were complaining about the cabin temperature and in both cases leg room and seat spacing was inadequate. Seems like this is a common complaint about this airline. They even charged outrageous sums for drinking water on board. Will avoid in the future.

Onur Air Customer review :  9 October 2012 by R Al-Hamdani (UK)

Dalaman to Manchester on A320. The seats were cramped with very little legroom. The sandwiches, which were offered at an astronomic price, ran out half way though service, so the remaining passengers had to make do with crisps and sweets at teatime. If you didn’t pay by euro, the exchange rate was extortionate. Never again.

Onur Air customer review :  9 July 2012 by G Thomas   (Ireland)

Dublin to Antalya return, flights on-time, 4 hr 15 over, shocking legroom in seats! Quite expensive for onboard food in euros. Crew were fine. Return flight, painfully slow boarding, was given row 12, lots of leg room but no seat recline as exit. 4.40 mins return flight time. Crew were unbelievably rude, dismissive and had a serious attitude. I won't fly them again.

Onur Air customer review :  3 July 2012 by J Edinboro   (UK)

Just flown back from Northern Cyprus, both flights were very good especially the return flight. The cabin crew were great the plane very modern and comfortable. Inflight drinks and food were better than most other airlines.

Onur Air customer review :  2 July 2012 by Mary O'Donnell   (Ireland)

Dublin - Bodrum - Dublin, 9th June. Delayed 1hr but pilot made good time. A fairly new plane, nice crew. All in all a pleasant journey going and coming. Just one gripe quite - expensive on board for food and drinks.

Onur Air customer review :  14 November 2011 by Linda Street   (UK)

Stansted to Ercan stopping for 45 minutes in Dalaman. Airline staff seemed a bit frosty. No smiling at customers. I had read the reviews about the airline before we travelled - they were pretty accurate. After allowing us one drink they didn't seem like they wanted to give anyone another. When tea and coffee came round they had run out of milk. Staff on the return seemed more relaxed, and more approachable.

Onur Air customer review :  4 October 2011 by A Watson   (UK)

My husband and I flew to Dalaman and on to Ercan, Nicosia return. We were onboard for over 6 hrs with only one small meal and an even smaller drink provided. While we can understand a mean meal, what we cannot understand is the meanness of the beverage provided. There were no offers of any kind of drink, even at a charge. Cabin staff appeared to be more concerned with their own comfort and gossip rather then attending to the passengers' needs.

Onur Air customer review :  8 September 2011 by L Matthews   (UK)

Travelled from Dalaman. The Cabin was clean and staff polite, but the air con was never turned on fully so we all roasted, even after many requests from not only us but other passengers. We purchased a can of coke and was charged 3.60 this is mad. All items of food or drink were priced at this level. We complained onboard, if they could sort out Air Con and prices for refreshments, we might consider using them again.

Onur Air customer review :  6 September 2011 by A Walker   (UK)

My friend and I travelled back from Dalaman and found poor customer service delivery. Staff were unsmiling and off-hand, initially we put this down to the language barrier and cultural differences. I had fallen asleep on this evening/night flight and as sitting on the outer seats, ensured I positioned myself away from the passageway so as not to be bumped by other passengers. I was woken up by one the stewardesses pushing her serving trolley and knocking into my shoulder. On her way back, she did it again. However, as I was awake this time I asked pointed it out that I had been barged into, the stewardess just looked blankly at me in an intimidating manner. Then smiling sarcastically, apologised. Later, when asking to purchase milk for my 4 year old daughter, I was told that they had no milk, no apology, no smile and no offer of an alternative. Overall the staff serving the back of the plane were surly and rude.

Onur Air customer review :  21 August 2011 by G Mall   (UK)

Flew back from Northern Cyprus. Overall the flight was very good, apart from a very bumpy landing. Generally the flight was good with friendly staff, average free food and soft drinks.

Onur Air customer review :  19 July 2011 by J Paterson   (UK)

I have used Onur Airline on a few trips to Turkey. The plane was fairly new and the boarding was great, the staff were very good, friendly and helpful, we were delayed for 1hr but the pilot made up the time. The passengers gave the pilot a very loud applause on both journeys but I think this is typical of us Scots. Just to inform you Onur Airline still hands out free pillows and blankets not like other airline companies where they want you to purchase them. I will certainly be using the airline again.

Onur Air customer review :  18 July 2011 by Steve Kirk   (UK)

Manchester-Ercan via Bodrum. Outbound flight was on time, aircraft was fit for purpose. A meal was served and soft drinks were free, again ok. Asking for wine was a prolonged process. crew were changed at Bodrum and no service was offered. The return flight was on time, but after a night stay at Ercan I expected a clean plane which was not the case. As the outbound flight ran out of milk, this flight had no bread rolls yet clearly meant to. The cabin crew suggested the jam was for the chocolate cake! Surly crew, no please or thank you. Very disappointed, but no choice of other carrier.

Onur Air customer review :  12 July 2011 by H Ournect   (Turkey)

Bordrum-Glasgow (OHY3616) crew were nice, very helpful, gave sweets to children. They were much nicer than some of the crew I've flown with before for being a budget airline. I think they are superb no delays and arrived 40 mins prior to expected time.

Onur Air customer review :  27 June 2011 by H Wells   (UK)

Stansted-Ercan via Dalaman, Airbus A321. Flight was early on the way out, on time on the way back. Cabin was basic and in reasonable repair. Leg room a little cramped (am 6ft, did not pay for extra leg space). Free meal and (non-alcoholic) drink on Stansted-Dalaman leg. Crew service was fine if a little slow and slightly surly. Some interesting flying from the pilot! Overall experience was OK but would pay more to fly with a different airline in future.

Onur Air customer review :  14 June 2011 by E Keogh   (Ireland)

Dublin to Izmir return under charter (Thomas Cook). Staff were friendly and professional. Food and drink were available at Ryanair like prices. Only problem was plane was delayed by 3 hours on the return flight.

Onur Air customer review :  5 June 2011 by D Yang   (USA)

Istanbul to Izmir in late May. Cabin crew friendly and professional. Drinks were free but not food. Return flight was delayed due to late arrival of plane. Overall good experience with hour-long flights.

Onur Air customer review :  25 May 2011 by V Parsons   (UK)

Stansted to Ercan via Dalaman. Outbound flight ok apart from paying 50 for extra legroom seats only to find when we boarded we were in standard seats - trying to make surly staff understand not the easiest of tasks! Return flight 5 hour delay due to technical problems and again problems with seat allocation.

Onur Air customer review :  21 November 2010 by Robert Heath   (UK)

Doncaster to Dalaman return. Flights on time both ways, legroom was adequate. Staff were fine. All in all much better than anticipated.

Onur Air customer review :  1 November 2010 by Greg Archer   (UK)

East Midlands to Dalaman return. The whole experience is budget with no inflight entertainment or food provided - take your own. The refreshment prices on board are very steep, 3.50 for a can of pop, take your own or be ripped off. I suppose you get what you pay for. The plane did look a bit tired with sticky tape over holes in the arm rests and the seats are crammed in economy style. A four hour flight was enough.

Onur Air customer review :  27 October 2010 by Robert Ellis   (UK)

Bodrum - Manchester. Flight took off on time, seatS pretty good. My wife was taken ill half an hour into the 4 hour flight. Crew reaction was superb, an empty three seat row was organised and a call for medical help resulted in a doctor coming forward. Wife was made comfortable during the remainder of the flight, with regular checks by doctor and crew. Made Manchester ok and wife now recovering. Well done Onur Air for your staff training and care.

Onur Air customer review :  1 October 2010 by Judith Galloway   (UK)

Dalaman - Newcastle : flight was changed 4 times between 3rd August and 10th Sept. Finally, 3 days into our holiday we were voicemailed on our mobile to be informed that our flight home had been cancelled, leaving us to purchase a suitable alternative. This caused enormous expense and distress. When we got to Dalaman Airport for our flight home (with a different airline), we found that our original flight was in fact flying. I would not recommend this airline, and would never use them again. They seem very disorganised and have no customer care.

Onur Air customer review :  16 September 2010 by L Hillary   (UK)

Would avoid using this airline again. Bristol to Dalaman flight OK, plenty of leg room with no extra charge however Dalaman to Bristol was a nightmare , flight was put forward to 3 o'clock instead of 5'clock and whilst checking in the board said Bristol and Newcastle so we had to ask what was going on. Without any notice we had to fly to Newcastle and then to Bristol which extended our flying time to 6 hours. I think this is appalling, considering they didn't give us any free refreshments or an apology! You get what you pay for.

Onur Air customer review :  7 September 2010 by P Hooper   (UK)

Aircraft were new, staff were fine, even gave sweets to the children), legroom the same as other airlines, and drinks and food were comparable to UK budget carriers - cheaper than Ryanair. This may not be Emirates first class, but it is a good service.

Onur Air customer review :  31 August 2010 by J O'Neill   (Ireland)

Shannon to Izmir return. Flight on time both ways. Flight was good, excellent leg room. Got served food both ways, prices a bit high though. The cabin crew were nice and friendly.

1 2 3 4