Onur Air Passenger Reviews and Onur Air Customer Trip Reports

Onur Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Onur Air 2-Star Airline Ranking

ONUR AIR customer review :  8 July 2009 : by J Haynes

Trip Rating : 8/10

BHX to Dalaman airport. Good flights both ways, on time, normal check in, no delays. Staff were friendly, flight from Dalaman to BHX had communal TV screens showing us a map of where we were, quite interesting! Didn't buy any food or drink as pricey, so bring some with you (4 hour flight) but that is what you get for cheap prices! Good safety, etc. Saw some very distressing safety reviews of Onur Air before I left which were worrying but the safety levels turned out to be high and both flights were smooth. Would fly again.

ONUR AIR customer review :  2 July 2009 : by C Barrass

Trip Rating : 8/10

Manchester to Bodrum return. Both journeys on time - homeward journey actually landed 30 minutes early. The plane was clean and not crowded - we had 3 seats for 2 going out and many coming home had the same perk. Loads of legroom and the seats reclined so well that I was able to sleep on both Journeys. OK food and drink are expensive but Turkish airports must be the only ones in the world that allow you to take liquids through. We took sandwiches from home and snacks from the resort. I did not find the attendants any different to those on other charter flights. bAll in all the flights were a vast improvement on Thomas Cook Turkish flights and I would have no hesitation in using Onur Air again.

ONUR AIR review :  2 July 2009 : by J Ahmad

Trip Rating : 9/10

Flight to Dalaman from Gatwick with my husband, 6 year old and an 18 month old baby. We hadn't prebooked our seats but sat together on both trips and sat 3 rows from the front. We found the seating not cramped and our son liked sitting on the floor on the way back. The flight out was fine only 30 minutes delayed and crew were brilliant with our children. Food was a bit expensive but we took our own so that didn't bother us. The return flight was on time and crew were very friendly again. I did forget to mention the weight you are allowed. It is 20kg and they are very hot on this and were getting people to empty their cases or pay the fines and this was at Gatwick and Dalaman and the cost was 5.00 per kilo you were over.

ONUR AIR review :  27 June 2009 : by Jo Gray

Trip Rating : 8/10

Just been to Dalaman from East Midlands. The crew on the outbound flight were not very polite or friendly, the seats on the plane were set very close together and drinks/food etc very expensive! I would recommend you buy water/food from the airport before boarding. The inbound flight from Dalaman was slightly better.

ONUR AIR review :  17 June 2009 : by T Hamilton

Trip Rating : 0/10

Dalaman to East Midlands. All seemed well on route to the airport with the tour operator saying that our flight was on time and leaving at 1930hrs - we check in, go through passport control and get to the gate ready for boarding. Then staff tell us that we have to leave the gate as our flight is delayed one hour. We hear no more until 2045hrs when we are told that the flight will be at 2300hrs - the flight disappears completely from the screens with no update from anybody as to what is going on. We then get the flight back on the screens saying 2330 estimated time of flight, then we are told that is the time the plane will get there, next thing we know we are looking at a screen saying 0130hrs the next day. My seat allocated was 31B - imagine my surprise when I got onto the plane to find the rows only go up to 28?. We are told just to sit anywhere. We finally arrive East Midlands at 0530, go through immigration to luggage claim - only to find that Onur Air had not put any luggage for any passenger on the flight. We did get a semi frozen meal onboard as an apology - says it all really.

ONUR AIR review :  10 June 2009 : by P Marks

Trip Rating : 3/10

Gatwick to Bodrum return. The flights were on time both ways but that is the only positive thing I can say . We had row 10 going out - the seats don't recline, so that when the passenger in front reclines their seat, you are left with absolutely no room to move. Considering the rows are so close together anyway, this made our flight the most uncomfortable we have taken. In addition, the plastic cover on my arm rest had disappeared, leaving me with a sharp metal frame to rest my arm on - how dangerous could that be if a child got that seat? On the return journey we were lucky enough to be able to recline our seats which made the journey marginally more bearable. Yes, no frills, yes, no comfort and yes, extortionate prices for food (if available) and drink (6 euros for a small can of beer - around 5.40! No, Onur Air, you would not be my airline of choice again.

ONUR AIR review :  10 June 2009 : by James Fenwick

Trip Rating : 10/10

I was delighted to discover at Newcastle airport, a modern, clean aircraft, together with attentive staff. Flight excellent, the safety instructions delivered in perfect English and easy to follow. Drinks/food at no greater cost than the average budget airline. On our outward journey, we were offered extra legroom at no extra cost. The extra legroom on the return flight was already taken, but since there were only 55 people onboard that hardly mattered, as we were all able to occupy a row of three seats and have a few hours sleep on the early morning flight. Onur Air was an excellent flying experience and one which I would be happy to repeat.

ONUR AIR review :  9 June 2009 : by M Kelly

Trip Rating : 5/10

Shannon to Izmir - flight was delayed by 30mins. There was no food on the flight - I would expect a 4 hour 20min flight would surely have more to offer than just KitKat. Staff were lovely and very sorry they couldn't provide the food we expected.

ONUR AIR review :  9 June 2009 : by Nick Dawes

Trip Rating : 0/10

We left Gatwick for Antalya on 29th May one hour late, boarding what looked like a very old aircraft indeed. About 2 hours into the flight, the pilot announced he would be making an emergency landing at Vienna Airport due to a problem with an engine, and that he would give more information once we had landed. The cabin crew looked as worried as many of the distressed passengers. After a very heavy landing, we were eventually taken off the aircraft. We were then held in Vienna for 10 hours while an aircraft from another airline was found to take us to Antalya. When calling them regarding the return journey, we were informed that they same aircraft would be used. Needless to say, we decided to purchase another flight from another airline (Thomas Cook). A quick Google search will reveal a number of similar stories over the past 4 years (worse in some cases) and reports that the airline was banned from four European countries recently over safety concerns.

ONUR AIR review :  1 June 2009 : by M McCarthy

Trip Rating : 2/10

Dublin to Izmir Turkey, 4 hour flight, no food on board, not even sandwiches. I asked for a can of coke and was told there was none. I asked a second flight attendant and was told the same. Ihad to ask 3 attendants before I got my coke - very annoying. We were assigned seats that didn't recline , the ones in front of us did, so we had seats stuck in our faces for the entire flight. I flew back return today and same thing no food available to buy. I should include that the flights were not delayed by much. The staff were friendly but at the end of the day, a 4 hour flight should have some sandwiches available. I heard some people got some sandwiches at the start of the flight but none left by the time the attendant got to our seats.

ONUR AIR review :  15 May 2009 : by M Renshaw

Trip Rating : 8/10

we travelled from East Midlands to Dalaman. You get 5kg extra luggage allowance with Onur Air, free sweets and cake on the outward journey, and the aircraft wasn't as shabby as Thomas Cook. Okay, the cabin crew dont smile a great deal, and the food and drink is so expensive onboard.

ONUR AIR review :  11 May 2009 : by G Stevens

Trip Rating : 8/10

Just flown back from Dalaman with Onur Air. Both flights on time. planes clean and looked pretty new. Crew helpful and friendly, and just as good an airline as our budget ones.

ONUR AIR review :  10 May 2009 : by J Taylor

Trip Rating : 9/10

Manchester to Bodrum. Check in was fast and efficient, plane was clean and ample leg room. Staff fine and landed on time. The return trip we checked in quickly at Bodrum, took off in time and arrived early in Manchester. Overall we couldn't fault the airline and would use again.

ONUR AIR review :  19 April 2009 : by F Manning

Trip Rating : 8/10

Gatwick to Dalaman return. I was pleased with both flights. There's not much legroom but no less than any other budget airline. There's no inflight meal/drinks service but I knew this in advance and took my own. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, and I was perfectly happy with what I got.

ONUR AIR review :  26 March 2009 : by M Thompson

Trip Rating : 7/10

Durham Tees Valley to Dalaman. Staff friendly, modern fleet, and are good on space. They offer no in-flight entertainment. The toilets were clean and overall are no different to jet2 or easyjet.

ONUR AIR review :  5 November 2008 : by T Draper

Trip Rating : 4/10

Birmingham to Dalaman on 24 Oct. Flight left on time and was comfortable enough. Took our own food as had been warned food on board was expensive. We were notified a week prior to our outbound flight that the return flight had changed and was much later. Didn't mind too much, gave us an extra day in resort. However, when reconfirming return flight, travel agent said time had not changed but our transfer company told us flight was now over an hour later! After going to departure gate were informed of technical problem and flight delayed again! Flight left at 2.30am on 1st Nov. We were one of the last to check in and got 2 seats in row 2 (fine) and 3 seats in row 35 the worst on the plane! Right at the back and seats bolt upright, no recline - these seats should be banned! Staff could use some customer service training, not very helpful or friendly.

ONUR AIR review :  24 October 2008 : by B Smith

Trip Rating : 7/10

Return from Dalaman to Manchester incurred 6 hour delay as arriving aircraft suffered technical fault and taken out of service. Full marks to Onur Air for getting replacement so quickly, and a larger A321 with more legroom. Have used Onur Air many times as they are cheap and reliable - normally. Happy to go without entertainment and canned music. Crew pleasant and helpful. Baggage allowance still 20Kg which is more than some rivals. Suggest they go back to cooked meal and free drinks and add cost to ticket, as two trolley services plus duty free is a waste of their time and keeps us awake unnecessarily. Would use them as preferred carrier to Turkey.

ONUR AIR review :  21 October 2008 : by D Springham

Trip Rating : 6/10

Gatwick-Dalaman return. Good value airline, staff pleasant, leg room good and no delay apart from 15 minutes on return journey. Take your own food as airline food is expensive (so is Dalaman airport). Would use again.

ONUR AIR review : 18 October 2008 : by Sharon Lander

3 Star Rating

Dalaman from Gatwick return. Only had a short 15 minute delay on return. Planes clean, leg room okay and staff were fine. We were travelling with a 3 year old so was dreading long delays but had no problems. Took our own food and drink on both journeys (bought return flight stuff from resort as airport is expensive). Announcements on the planes were in English with a heavy Turkish accent so we couldn't understand them.

ONUR AIR review : 16 October 2008 : by Jane Keogh

3 Star Rating

Having rearranged our flights because of XLAir, had little preconceptions about ONUR Air except that it was a budget Turkish airline. We left on time, were treated well and for the 4 hour flights to and from Bodrum, were perfectly satisfied. Even the leg room seemed marginally better than most budget airlines. Food and drinks on board are extortionate so recommend taking your own. This does mean you will have to pay airside prices for any drinks you take so decide whether those are more than 2.50 for a standard can of fizz on the plane and make your choice! Or take fruit instead.

ONUR AIR review : 10 October 2008 : by Lynne Cusse

3 Star Rating

Party of 8 adults flying from East Midlands to Dalaman. Check-in at both ends was fast & efficient with our group seated together. Our outbound flight was delayed by 3.5 hours but given refreshment vouchers (although as this was a late evening it seemed even more tiring) and inbound flight about 35mins. We had been advised there was no entertainment and food is expensive so we had taken provisions of our own. The staff were attentive enough and we were informed of delay reasons. Planes were ok, if a little tired, and leg room seemed to vary. Onur Air is a budget airline with no frills and doesn't pretend otherwise - all in all you get what you pay for.

ONUR AIR review : 9 October 2008 : by T Kay

Customer Rating :   2/5

2 Star Rating

Birmingham to Bodrum. The seat was uncomfortable and my knees were touching the seat in front the whole time no matter how I sat. The plane was old, food trays were damaged and would slope so anything put on them would end in your lap. Quite a few of the seats were stuck in the reclined position. The flight back from Bodrum was delayed by 2 hours - as many have said, Bodrum airport is a rip off (5 for a standard 330ml can). So take food and drink with you - Bodrum doesn't have the same controls over liquid and food like the UK. We did know there wasn't going to be entertainment and the tv's just repeated the same promotional tourist info every now and again which became annoying. The flights were cheap and you get what you pay for. I did however find it too uncomfortable for the 3.5-4 hour flights.

Earlier comments for Onur Air have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

1 2 3 4