Monarch Airlines Passenger Reviews and Monarch Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by D Grant    (UK)

Extra Legroom

Flew from Manchester to Sharm El Sheikh return recently (ZB 685). Simply one of the worst flying experiences I've had. We did book extra leg room at the airport for £15, which was a good idea because once on board it was £25! The outbound flight did not serve any refreshments until 2 hours into the flight - but did manage to hand out magazines. The duty free trolley on the way back was empty, and the crew said this was due to it being busy on the other flight! They also didn't inform us that the Duty Free at the airport would be closed when we arrived (on arrival the airport staff told us that the airline should have passed this information to us). The worst part however was absolutely no in-flight entertainment for a 6 hour flight. We were told by the crew that this was because most people took their own entertainment with them. I haven't been lied to like this for a long, long time. If you can't be bothered to show entertainment then at least have the front to be honest about it. I personally didn't see anyone around me with an iPad. Added to this was the screaming child we had for the 6 hours - at the very least a movie would have taken my mind off this. Shocking service on all levels, the crew just appeared to be going through the motions. I won't be flying with Monarch again, and I will certainly be passing this message around all my friends and colleagues (which is extensive).

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Kevin Taylor    (UK)

Extra Legroom

I am a frequent flyer with Monarch and a holder of a Vantage card and have experienced an overall decline in conditions and standards over the past three years. It seems that departure times are more of an arbitrary suggestion, the cabin staff are certainly not welcoming, the food is of a very low quality and as for the new seats these are simply terrible very cheap low standard and incredibly uncomfortable - certainly not something you would choose to sit on for more ten minutes. The most recent flight I travelled was on October the 14th from Larnaca to London Luton. The flight was 45 minutes late taking off - the seats were awful and several had broken and repaired with duct tape. They ran out of tea and took one hour to get our luggage on to the carousel. Would I use again, no.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Ken Glasby    (UK)

Flew EMA-Faro on 5th and returned on 15th, quick check in at both ends, flights on time, aircraft clean and well presented the staff on board were helpful. There was a lack of legroom between the seats and the new type seats are not all that comfortable, very hard and lack padding but were suffice for a two hour twenty minute trip. Will use again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Nathan Simpson    (UK)

Premium Upgrade to SAN (FL) well worth it, but having travelled on the Dreamliner with Thomson I would not consider flying monarch again. The drink service isn't regular enough on the flight. The entertainment system is poor, not anywhere near Thomson B787. Monarch is definitely cheaper though, but I would rather pay the extra 150GBP each way in future to fly Thomson. I would recommend for short haul. Not long haul.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by K Miles    (UK)

Flew Birmingham to Split and return. Offered half price extra leg room seats on way out as plane only third full which we accepted. Check in took only ten minutes on both flights. Planes took off and returned on time. Took own refreshments so just had tap water on board. Staff were friendly and professional on both flights, they did run out of things for the return journey. Seat comfort was ok for the two and a half hour flights but would not want much longer in them. Our seats on both flights did recline so I presume they were the old planes. Did notice that the extra leg room seats offered a significant difference. Overall good value for money.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by C Potter    (UK)

We travelled from Manchester to Orlando - took 13 hours because it was delayed and then we didn't get moving for hours whilst on the plane. The staff were rude and didn't care. I didn't eat anything and they don't have TVs in the back of the seats. I thought I had solved the problem by taking my iPad with films on however there where no plug sockets so the ipad ran out of battery. Boring is not the word. The flight back was quicker but we were still delayed by an hour. Never again. We thought cheap flight and a better hotel but we quickly realised that this was a mistake. Just booked for next year and we have not booked with Monarch and will not do so again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by L Oliver    (Cyprus)

Extra Legroom

I'm sad to say between our family members we've flown eight times with Monarch in the past 5 months (4 return flights) and all those were an absolute nightmare. None were on time (varied between 3 and 5 hours previously unannounced and uncommunicated delays). We had to fight to get snack vouchers they didn't want to hand out. Their UK ground handlers (at different airports) failed to turn up on time to deliver steps and buses to remote gates, so passengers were left standing on the planes for 45 minutes after landing before they could even get off the planes. That was before they discovered there were no baggage handlers either. So they and other plane loads of passengers were left sat on the floor of arrivals halls with nothing happening, no luggage and no information and screamingly hungry kids to boot with nowhere for parents of babies to get baby formula for bottles. Passengers were finally and insultingly told to go home and go back the next day for luggage. When your destination is hundreds of miles away from the airport you'd actually want to do the round trip again the next day? The food (very poor quality) is as overpriced as the pathetic snack selection. There's no entertainment, there were no blankets or pillows (even if you were willing to pay for them) and they kept a couple with a young baby waiting half of a five hour flight for a baby's bottle to be warmed. Result one screaming kid for three hours. Thank you Monarch. They don't update passengers about flight delays or baggage delays. As a family we all did the honourable thing and gave them a second chance before having to acknowledge they still screwed everything up. Monarch don't apologise and they refuse to pay compensation as required to do under EU law. We'll never ever fly with them again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by P Cavell    (UK)

Poor premium economy. Just back from Florida. Aircraft was old, many monitors not working, the guy next to me had no tray table attached at all. He was given an upturned cardboard box on his lap to eat his dinner from. No drinks offered on return leg with dinner. In fairness, food was ok. Overall not what we paid for.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by D Telford    (UK)

Flight from Gatwick to Sanford, Florida (wheelchair user). Check in was efficient but did not have a lower down counter at Gatwick. 40 minute delay but this was made up whilst en route. Retained wheelchair until the gate. Priority boarding which helped a lot. Lots of room in overhead lockers, probably due to the strict one piece of hand luggage rule being applied. Seats felt a bit claustrophobic despite it being in the premium cabin. Could have been because the seat in front kept reclining as it was faulty. Legroom not too bad (I am 6'3", big build, long legs). Access to the aisle was good once I learnt how to raise the arm rest. Cabin crew were fantastic. Lots of food and drink, always served with a smile. Quite a roomy disabled toilet on board (Airbus A330). Easy disembarkation process. Sanford is an easy airport to use. All in all a very reasonable outward flight. The claustrophobic feeling in the seats is the only reason for not awarding top marks.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Giles    (UK)

Flew from London Gatwick to Sanford Florida with my wife and two daughters, had an excellent flight in premium cabin, meals, seats, and a truly professional and friendly service from the cabin crew of Monarch Airlines and the same is said with our return flight back to London Gatwick. The only issue Monarch need to address is the inflight entertainment and I'm sure I speak for everybody on the aircraft, picture quality, variety, makes a long haul flight a long long flight.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Ian Gardner    (UK)

We travel on the BHX-Tenerife route frequently and have found the punctuality pretty good, apart from odd blip , in fact most flights land earlier than scheduled, cabin crew always friendly and the on board snacks of good quality and price (especially the bacon panini!), seats are pretty tight however no issue getting and walking around if you want to stretch your legs, new seats don't recline so that sorts out the inconsiderates who recline the seat in front the minute they sit down. Planes always full or close to being full, sorry to see Monarch are struggling financially, hopefully they will sort things out as route and flight times really convenient. No inflight entertainment, but don't most people have Ipods and tablets these days?

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Messer David    (UK)

The flights were on time. The outbound flight was an A321 in good condition and the return was the same but a bit older. The flight attendants were well presented in smart uniforms and did there jobs very well. We had booked inflight meals which were of a good standard. The return flight was quite bumpy due to storms and the food service was stopped due to the rough conditions, which I must agree with. Maybe an extra 1 inch of legroom would be good.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by I Haydock    (UK)

28th Sept 2014, ZB 569 flight Tenerife to Manchester 20.55 delayed 16 hours No Monarch staff present to explain - Iberia staff took us to overnight stay in Santa Cruz. Reason given no crew available. On flight home Pilot gave mechanical failure on previous flight resulted in a delay to obtain parts. If you look at previous claims Monarch seem to use Technical problems to avoid compensation claims.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by D Giles    (UK)

Flew Premium from London Gatwick to Sanford Florida with my wife and 2 daughters and had a wonderful flight outbound and inbound, the meals were excellent. Monarch flight crew very professional and friendly and we found the seats comfortable. The only down side was the inflight entertainment poor quality TV screens and no available information on what is showing on the flight, not that it is worth it. Not good if you are on a long haul flight.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by J Epton    (UK)

Extra Legroom

Have always enjoyed Monarch flights to Turkey, but never again - the new seats do not recline but worse still are cheap, nasty and almost agonisingly uncomfortable. I got back ache within half of take-off. By the end of the flight I had pins and needles in my right leg. One man in front of me decided to sit on the cabin floor with his back to the cabin wall rather than endure his seat anymore! The extra legroom is a joke because Monarch require you to put some bags under the seat in front which negates the benefits of the extra leg room. Now expensive with appalling seats!

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Butcher    (UK)

We flew back from Dalaman to Manchester on the 22.20 flight. I had seat 22A which meant a window seat for me. My wife had 22B. The seat was fine and the legroom adequate. I am 5'8" tall and 160lbs. The wife is 4'10" and 116lbs. I could stretch my legs out under the seat in front and I slept for 2 hours unaided by alcohol as I was driving at the other end. I didn't recline the seat. Taller and wider people have an advantage in life generally as they tend to look down on smaller people. So the 4 hour flight was a good experience for us. The flight crew were courteous and we would fly with Monarch again. Taller people, who are generally more advantaged, should pay for extra legroom or drive or sail.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Paul Alcock    (UK)

26/05/2014, Luton - Mahon, ZB38. 30/05/2014, Mahon - Luton,  ZB39. Have flown with Monarch many times from Luton airport, the last trip we took as a couple was to Mahon which we found to be very good. Customer service was excellent and the flight was very comfortable. Snacks were very good value for an airline.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Lang Helen    (UK)

We flew from Dalaman to Birmingham on 22nd September 2014. Punctuality was very good in fact we arrived back early. Spacious overhead lockers, very fast baggage reclaim, good legroom because of non reclining seats. Staff were efficient and cheerful. Food not required. The only bad point is the hardness of the seat and the short back of the seat. Would fly with Monarch again but take a neck pillow and something to soften the seat. Information and booking was good. The tablet holder was good but I do not have one. There was good room under the seat for books in a bag.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Alvin Morris    (UK)

Extra Legroom

I travel regularly on the MAN-AGP service and the cabin staff have always been polite and efficient. Flight deck mostly give information of use and sometimes with humour. Time keeping outbound has been good but return from AGP can be frustrating as other low cost airlines appear to shout loudest and depart on schedule. It may be a case of confronting the ground handling agent as to why this happens so often. The new seats are hard and uncomfortable, especially for taller travellers, they have a low back that sticks into your lower should blades. Just about bearable on a 2/3 hour trip but any longer and would be torture. Overall a great airline but a few tweaks by management needed on their operational side. They could give the other low cost airlines a run for their money and worth an extra £5 each way extra on seat cost. Just tell passengers what they are getting for their money, no hidden surprises.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Windsor Andrew    (UK)

We flew with Monday 15th September flying from Gatwick to Alicante. The plane and cabin staff were excellent. We have travelled with lots of different airlines and rate this as one of the best.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by McNamara Sean    (UK)

Recently flew Birmingham to Hurghada. When checking in I asked if we could sit as close to the front of the plane as possible and was allocated row 10. Legroom was ok but seats were of the old variety. I thought Monarch were retrofitting their seats so it was disappointing to get the old armchair seats. Service Onboard was great. Check in at Hurghada was a different story. I again asked if we could be sat quite close to the front but was told that we had to pay for extra legroom seats. Speaking to one check in agent, he said it was £30 per seat but as 5 people were travelling he would do us a deal of 3 seats for the price of 5. I doubt this was company procedure and the monies would have made their way into the check in agents pockets. Appreciate Monarch can't vouch for all those working in behalf of the company but they need to be aware that others are trying to profit from their usual jobs as we have been seated in what are the extra legroom seats on return flights free of charge previously. Service was slow onboard but we landed 40 mins ahead of schedule.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Anita Badwal    (UK)

Monarch airlines are too basic. Although we had issues, Monarch made our 3 hour journey to Corfu in August very dull and boring. No entertainment, no blankets or pillows on night flights and the food had no variety and was a rip off. Whilst sitting on the flight waiting to leave, we saw our luggage being taken off the plane, then later we were told they had put the our luggage in another plane and theirs on ours, so had to wait for the swap! Lovely staff though and great pilots.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by M Anogianakis    (UK)

Monarch informed me in advance of time change of outbound flight due to operational reasons. I understand this is happening to all airlines not just Monarch. I was more annoyed as the inbound flight was delayed 2 hours. Check-in agent didn't inform neither me nor other passengers of the delay. When we checked-in at Manchester, we were met by an unprofessional lady who seemed not to care about customer service. We were given 2 aisle seats, I chose not to pay for online check-in but I asked if there was any chance seating next to my girlfriend, the response was: no I'm sorry plane is full. Once we were aboard the plane was half empty. Monarch cabin crew are really good and professional.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by M Brockie    (UK)

Manchester to Antalya, 4-11th September. Flights 0520 and 0521. Flight on time. Service good but cramped seating and legroom which meant your knees touched the seat in front made the journey most uncomfortable. Impossible to cross legs or stand up to relieve discomfort. Monarch seem to have increased the number of extra legroom seats at the expense of other passengers presumably to make more money. Never again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by W Ryan    (UK)

This was my first time attempting to fly with Monarch and I will never try this again. The date of travel was 8th Sept 2014 when there was a security alert at Luton Airport where the flight was to originate. I will only address my remarks to Monarch rather than the chaos and mayhem which occurred at the airport. The basic problem was their complete lack of communication with passengers and the complete lack of any Monarch representatives at the airport. All the other airlines were decisive even if it meant the cancellation of flights and made some effort to assist their passengers. I could not help noticing that Ryanair were the first back on their feet and giving coherent advise to their passengers. After waiting hours after the other airlines, Monarch cancelled everything giving no guidance as to how we should get out of the departure area, when and where we could get our baggage back, what if anything we were now being offered etc. The screens in the baggage arrival hall were out of action and it appears that Monarch simply put all the bags from their cancelled flights on any carousel where space was available even if these were being used for the now incoming flights as well. I could go on about this airline where unrelated strike action is now forecast which gives me yet another reason not to use them again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Yates Jeffrey    (UK)

Manchester - Alicante 31st August. Due departure 17.30. Actual departure 21.20. Flying with Monarch is becoming a gamble as far as punctuality is concerned. A later flight was cancelled and I believe consolidated with ours, due to lack of passengers. It's a great shame as we've used them for 10 years, fairly regularly and the flight staff are generally pretty good. However Ryanair are much more punctual! Already suffering financially - if they don't sort these problems, they will not be around much longer! Daughter flew with them last night on same route - 5 hour delay!

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Jo Healey    (Australia)

We were involved in last week's Luton evacuation. After a 3 hour flight from Malaga (landed 14:15pm) we were unable to exit the aircraft for another 5 hours. There was no offer of food or beverages, apart from a cup of warm water (self serve). We did not receive regular updates, we could see other people outside on the tarmac. The pilot was obnoxious telling us that "at least we had a seat" and I did not feel he was advocating on our behalf to get us off, given that the news reports advise the airport was reopened shortly after the 5:15pm "controlled explosion" and we did not exit the aircraft until after 6:30pm. The pilot advised that they too were stuck on the aircraft, however as I pointed out, his seats weren't near the toilets, he had a nice view (and I would hazard a guess some refreshments). The crew also felt it was appropriate to eat their wraps and peanuts in front of us, when we were not offered any refreshments. They gave us some story about "customs regulations". Even the Luton Airport staff offered us bottles of water as we exited. The toilets we disgusting after the first 2 hours, with so many people using them, and our seats were just outside. You can really tell the calibre of an organisation in a crisis and Monarch fell well short in my opinion. Absolutely disgraceful!

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by T Hall    (UK)

Just flown back from Dalaman Turkey with Monarch Airlines. By far the worst seats I have experienced on a plane. The new seats are fixed back, they do not recline. This wouldn't be so bad if they were actually comfortable however they are not. The seats are covered with only a thin layer of padding, you may as well be sitting on a plastic chair, and they are curved to reflect the curvature of the spine, this is great, however it means the only way to try and sit comfortably is bolt upright! When you do this there is nowhere to rest your head as the seats are quite short. You end up having to rest your head back onto a rock hard edge. Our flight was 05.00am. As you can imagine everyone on board was tired. The whole plane was full of people moaning how bad the seats were. Personally I would rather pay a little extra on another airline than fly with Monarch again because of this. I do hope Monarch read these reviews and take customer complaints seriously as they have lost a customer in me.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by D Highton    (UK)

Terrible reliability. We were flying Manchester to Barcelona to meet our cruise ship and were sat on the tarmac for over an hour whilst they tried to fix a technical fault. I think they were on the brink of cancelling the flight as a replacement part could not be found, then it just started working again. On the return flight we landed on time and then stood around for over an hour in baggage reclaim due to another "technical problem" as they couldn't open the door to offload the cases - we certainly wont be flying with them again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by K Gill    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Antalya in Turkey in September. Flight out was delayed a little but what aren't these days. Seats were so comfortable and the design of them allowed everyone to have so much leg room they thought they had paid for an upgrade. Flight back was bang on time. Service by the crew was excellent. I have flown with Monarch many times to Antalya now and have only ever had positive outcomes.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Crust Giles    (UK)

I had the misfortune of travelling back from Venice on a Monarch flight on Saturday. I will never travel with them again. The fiasco started with the baggage deposit and boarding ticket collection in Venice airport at 11am. No quick line for baggage hand-over, the weighing belts failed, general chaos ensued. Finally everyone was processed and flight on time, 12.50 to Gatwick confirmed. 12.30 arrived and we were told boarding on time, proceed to gate 26. By now there were rumours the flight would not take off from Venice till 4pm. Gate 26 showed delay till 1.15, questions asked of Monarch reps and were told French air traffic control problems so new take off time 3pm. Manchester flight just the same. We were told no person from Monarch was in the airport. Vouchers given out for drink and snack but with huge numbers affected cafe could not cope. Take off time now 4pm. 3.30pm told to board at last. Got onboard at 3.45pm then told by captain we would take off shortly as there was a dispute of Italian workers which would end at 4.30pm. 5pm we finally took off, staff would not honour the vouchers of the people who had not been able to redeem them in Venice. The captain then informed passengers that they knew of this strike at 6am, as did most of the world. As far as I and I believe everyone on that flight no longer have faith in the liars from Monarch.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2014 by S Shaw    (UK)

We flew from Birmingham airport UK on Tuesday 31st August to Tenerife. We have flown with Monarch many times before and have been pleased each time. However things seem to have changed. The new seats are terrible the fact they don't recline is no problem but the lack of thickness of it makes the seat uncomfortable after an hour. The staff were the worst we have encountered.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Tim Cummins    (UK)

LGW to Skiathos on August 22nd, returning on 29th. Outbound delay of nearly 3 hours, return delay (so far) 4.5 hours. Monarch certainly knows how to undermine your holiday experience. My advice: find an alternative.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by S Hickey    (UK)

We flew Gatwick to Heraklion. Airbus A321 both ways, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Delayed 2 hours leaving Gatwick, but was no problem as staff kept us well informed. Monarch's newer seats have more legroom than the old ones, but are far less comfortable than the old seats, as the new ones don't recline and they're quite solid. But it's only a short flight, so it's fine. Would fly monarch again and happily recommend.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Paul Howgate    (UK)

Just flown back from Gibraltar with them. The flight was delayed, passenger boarding eventually started then stopped. Chaos ensued with very angry ground staff doing their best. Once onboard the loading stopped again as the disabled passengers suddenly arrived for boarding, clearly no liaison with ground. What followed was like a scene from a comedy film, terrible. Eventually and after much delay we got underway. Complete bunch of amateurs. If this is what they call fighting for their jobs, well best of luck, they will need it. Plenty of alternatives out there.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Mark M Clelland    (UK)

5/7/2014 and returned 19/7/2014, flight ZB684 and returning ZB685. MAN-SSH (plane reg GS-MAN) flew also on GS-MAN last year and flight was very good, cabin staff lovely and attentive, boarding was seamless and so was the disembarkation which took place at 12 am midnight. Monarch staff in both airports brilliant.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by J Stevens    (UK)

Extra Legroom

LGW to ACE, 24/7/14 return 8/8/14. Good on time flights in extra legroom seats, well worth the extra cost. In flight meals also very good and much improved. New plane on the way out. Cabin crew very obliging. Overall a good start and finish to our holiday.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by D Lymer    (UK)

Flown twice this year with Monarch - Tenerife in April then Orlando in July. Both times really impressed especially the Orlando flights. We upgraded to the Premier cabin which both being 6ft I'm glad we did. Plenty of leg room. Coming back you are given free entry to the airport lounge with two free beers and free snacks, great way to relax. Boarded first and our luggage was taken off first so no waiting at Gatwick. Better than our BA flight last year to Orlando.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by P Yeomans    (UK)

Birmingham flight to Venice, ZB 5484. 27th July. Local radio warns of delays on busy weekend so arrive 3 hours before take off, takes nearly 3 hours to check in, not because of volume of passengers, but because only 2 of the 10 desks were open! Situation not helped by the fact that 3 desks were open for online check in! After 1 hour, Monarch staff resorted to calling for people whose flights were imminent to go over to the online desks. It was only after this that the online desk opened to everyone else. Flight was delayed for 20 minutes and onboard staff were not aware of check in problems. Not a good start to a holiday, an explanation would be appreciated as to why only 2 desks were open for what was known to be a very busy weekend.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by B Worton    (UK)

Gatwick to Faro, 22/7/2014. Plane due to depart 06.50 finally went 10.10. Accept there are delays and technical problems which need to be resolved before planes take off. The issue is always communication. Having been called to the gate as expected it is the lack of updates to advise what is happening. When will airlines realise that the issue just annoys it's clients. The most infuriating issue is the ground staff do not give frequent enough updates, especially when the updates provided contradict a text you have previously received from the airline text service to say the delay will be longer and this is the true time. It's funny how the staff don't want to tell you truth which is all the passenger wants. Please learn.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by J Southwell    (UK)

Extra Legroom

Flew Monarch but flight was chartered by Simpson Travel so check in separate therefore am unable to comment on this aspect. Flight itself was excellent in every respect. Friendly, helpful staff who made the journey pleasant. Food some of the best airline food I have had, the larger carriers could learn from their suppliers. We paid for extra legroom, but on the return we were in the new aircraft which has plenty of room in the non extra legroom seats so I would check whether you need to pay for the extra space on short flights. Would definitely fly with them again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by C Carney    (UK)

Naples to Luton, 25th July, ZB 3596 0 put on a faulty plane for 3 hours. Taken off spent 5.5 hours corralled in airport with nowhere to sit. Given 12 euro vouchers for refreshments in airport which were refused at the till. Taken to hotel in Naples overnight. Taken back to airport could not check in as computer said no. Eventually boarded plane and took off 2.5 hours late as 18 people had vanished leaving bags on board. These had to be removed. No food on plane. No communication in airport. Eventually got to Luton over 22 hours Late. Disgusting treatment and a whole wasted day. Never again. Spoilt my holiday.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Karen Ostler    (UK)

Recently flew Gatwick to Sanford premium economy, I was very worried as I had read many bad reviews, but there was no need. From the moment we checked in the service was excellent we had no delays, boarding and take off were very quick. The leg room was great, I'm 5 ft 4 and my husband 5 ft 10 and we were very pleased with the spacious comfortable seats we had. We sat in rows A 3,4 and B 3,4, there were TVs in the seat backs, entertainment was great with a good choice of films. We had a continuous service from the air hostesses with drinks and food, and my daughters enjoyed their free blankets. On arrival the airport did keep us waiting to disembark, but this was not Monarch's fault. Premium economy passengers luggage comes off first, so it was a quick get away too. Would definitely fly Monarch again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Catherine Brown    (UK)

Flew on 25 July from Manchester to Majorca then returned back on 1 Aug. First time flying with Monarch, we had a great flight there and back - no delays, cabin crew very nice and friendly. Captain kept us up to date on our travels. Meals on flight very good, great value for money.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Rhys Crompton    (UK)

Travelled on flight MON349 from Gatwick to Orlando Sanford. Flight was delayed by an hour which although it sounds bad we made up time and landed only 5-10 minutes late. The plane although it is old it was perfectly fine and the seats were in brilliant condition. You are supplied with a clean fleecy blanket and pillow which are very comfortable. The flight was good, meal service was served twice and rubbish collections were frequent. The only negative would be the in-flight entertainment as there are no seatback TV's only in the aisle, movies are old and bad quality. But I brought my tablet and watched some movies on there which were perfectly fine. Overall the flight was good and although it's not the likes of Virgin and BA, you get what you pay for which is the cheapest.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by M Docherty    (UK)

I have just flown from Manchester to Faro. 1 hour delay on the outbound due to bad weather and heavy traffic, 1/2 hour on the way back too but actually made the time back due to a strong tail wind. Aircraft was a new A321, very clean, quiet and smooth on both sectors with adequate legroom too . Cabin crew very attentive and friendly and very informative updates from the flight deck. The Captain actually came into the cabin on the inbound leg and was making my little boy laugh! Overall very impressed with them and would have no hesitation in flying with this excellent airline in the future. NO IFE on board for reference.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by C Thompson    (UK)

Flew to Dubrovnik from Gatwick. Plane on time on both outward and return leg. On way back the aircraft had the new seats fitted which in spite of their thinness were very comfortable. Staff friendly and very attentive. Definitely a cut above the usual budget airlines.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Wright Suzi    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham to Las Palmas (23/06/14) returned (01/07/14). We flew on the airbus A321 which I believe is one of their newer fleet. Now down to the nitty gritty! 100% would fly with Monarch again.. Take off 15 mins late but arrived 10 mins early, took off on time coming back and was back half an hour early. Check in was good both ways, went smoothly including collecting luggage! Staff both ways were friendly and polite plenty of leg room too! Having flown with Thomson last year, this plane was far better. Food was expensive but nonetheless tasty!

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by James Ducker    (UK)

Extra Legroom

We have flown with Monarch many times, this time (8/7/14) from East Midlands to Tenerife. As always we had a very pleasant experience! Online check-in meant we didn't have to queue at the airport. There were plenty of baggage drop desks and no problem getting through. The plane was on time and landed early due to a tail wind. The new cabins look very smart and I found the new seats to be very comfortable. I'm glad they've done away with the reclining seats. Who wants to spend 4hours with passenger in front's head inches away from your face? We always pay for extra legroom as my partner is 6'7" and so we have no complaints about legroom. The plane was spotless, I think having a place for your tablet/iPad is a genius idea. The cabin crew were all very efficient. I think the inflight food and drinks are expensive though, but it's up to you if you want to buy or not. I saw one passenger with her packed lunch so I suppose you could always do the same. Having flown with Jet2 and Easyjet recently I find Monarch to be a cut above the usual Budget airlines. As I said, I have flow with Monarch many times, and I still will.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by S Adam    (UK)

Absolutely pleasantly surprised. Flew from Dubrovnik to Gatwick, and despite leaving 15min late, we arrived 10min early. The cabin crew were friendly, attentive and smiling throughout the flight. Well done Monarch, already looking forward to the next holiday flight.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Maria Riley    (UK)

Extra Legroom

Manchester (MAN) - Dalaman (Turkey) (DLM), 5 Jun - 19 Jul 2014. Disgusted with Monarch 3yrs on the trot, now they have changed our flight times. They are still selling the flight we should be going back home on of which should of been a reasonable hr at 11.10 arriving at Manchester at 1.35am, now departing at 1.50 am and landing at 4.05 am. We will not fly with them again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Row    (UK)

Flight ZB846, Luton to Alicante - Sunday 13 July 2014 delayed by over 9 hours due to a technical fault. Monarch staff not in attendance. Only had one member of Monarch staff in the airport with an airside pass. Customers got so unhappy that police were called. Menzies, the Monarch handling agents disappeared and refused to help passengers.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by E Patel    (UK)

ZB648 2nd July and ZB649 7th July. Return flight with to Larnaca. Good points, flights on time and UK bag drop was quick and easy. Bad points, was not impressed with the service, not one single member of staff spoke to us. Very budget airline, ok for a 2 hr flight but not for anything longer. The seats were very uncomfortable and no entertainment of any sort provided. Check in process at Larnaca airport was a farce and took over an hour just to drop bags as we had already checked in online to "speed up" the process. I spoke to a member of staff at the airport about poor service and was ignored, I have since emailed them and again have been ignored.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Harry Bratley    (UK)

Extra Legroom

Excellent flight from Leeds Bradford to Larnaca. Flight left 15 minutes late but arrived 20 minutes early. Pre- booked extra legroom seats which were very comfortable with lots of space. Almost new A320 very quite and smooth. They had a special offer on pre-booked meals so, took advantage of the offer. I wasn't expecting much in quality but was pleasantly surprised how good and tasty the whole meal was and it even included a free Kenco coffee which would have cost us £2.50 anyway so, for £7.00 excellent value for money. Cabin crew were very attentive and pretty much refrained from the shouting offers that you get on Jet 2 flights. Return flight was affected by ATC strikes but was reassured to receive a text message from Monarch on the morning of departure advising that our flight was still operating although it may be subject to delay. They pulled out all the stops and we returned 2 hours late. This is the first time I have flown with Monarch for quite a few years and they are definitely a cut above other low cost airlines. I just hope that they expand their destinations from Leeds Bradford even more as Jet 2 and their ancient 'planes are becoming too complacent. Well done Monarch and looking forward to flying with you again from LBA to Lanzarote in November.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by J Davis    (UK)

I have just flown back from Turkey on Monarch. I will never fly with them again. Their new seating is the most uncomfortable airline seating I have experienced. No recline, fair enough. No comfort, just hard plastic. Nowhere to put books etc but they show off about somewhere to put your tablet!

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by William Davidson    (UK)

Monarch charter, Manchester to Orlando Sanford, 20th June. Return 4th July. Excellent trip in premium cabin. On time, service by all crew was superb.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by C Taylor    (UK)

MON349 - 5th June 2014, inbound MON348, 13th June 2014. Recently returned from a weeks holiday to Florida, booked with Monarch. I have absolutely no complaints about them at all. The concierge team are brilliant, answering all our questions in a reasonable amount of time, all staff were friendly and couldn't seem to do enough for you. The plane was an A330 and although I was told by another passenger that it was older than her (she must have been 60), it was really clean and in my opinion had plenty of leg room. The food was plentiful, although I did think the food on the outbound flight was a lot better than the inbound one. All seats had a clean fleece and pillow and if not upgrading to premium seating, all had good views of the overhead TV screens. I wouldn't hesitate to use Monarch/Cosmos again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Bentley    (UK)

Venice to Gatwick on Thursday 3rd July. Never again. The outward flight check-in was disorganised. When we got on the aircraft, it was as cramped as I have ever experienced. At least it got there (to Venice) on time. The return flight was two hours late setting off, and boiling hot. One member of staff was quite unsmiling - perhaps she was as fed up as we were. Water was £1.70 a bottle. When we arrived in Gatwick, we just sat there - the steps were not there, the doors did not open. Eventually we disembarked. The baggage took ages to partly-arrive, and even longer before it arrived in full. We were late, tired and fed up. As I said, never again. The one compensation is that it did at least get us to and from our destination. That's the only positive I can offer.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Griffin    (UK)

I recently travelled from Luton to Sharm El Shiek. I have to say the catering has greatly improved. There was a choice of main course meals which were imaginative and very tasty, I had the Mediterranean beef which was like a Greek Stifardo. Also Monarch have stopped doing teas and coffees in those silly little cups on a tray with the most awful stewed cheap tasting coffee. They now have large PG Tips or Kenco cardboard cups with decent flavoured coffee. I do have a gripe. I really miss having an in-flight film on flights of more than 3 hours. Egypt was over 5 and I think that is long flight with no entertainment. Also seats must be more flimsy as I increasingly feel peoples knees etc digging in.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by D Wolstencroft    (UK)

Manchester to Barcelona and return. Great flights - new plane (Airbus 321), seating ok for 6ft 2" person, flights on time, both ways, cabin crew very helpful to less able passengers (helping with bags etc) and friendly - even though flight was packed. Good control of louder passengers. Good information from the flight deck - no hard sell. Overall - very impressed.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Paraskeva    (UK)

Flew twice with Monarch. Outbound and Inbound. My flights were ZB994 and ZB995 20/06/14-27/06/14, Birmingham to Hurghada and back. First time flying Monarch, Hurghada new destination for them. Thought give it a try as they were offering really good prices compared to other airlines. £178 each way per person which is really good for Egypt! Flights on time, cabin crew were really polite and helpful on both flights. Check in staff are really good. We arrived early for check in, and they checked us in early as well as checking in the hand luggage too. Had the old cabin on both flights, G-OZBE on ZB994 and G-OZBG on ZB995. Cabin's are really cramped for a 6 hour flight, but for the price we paid, couldn't really expect first class, no entertainment provided either, which was surprising for a long flight, was prepared anyway bringing my own. Would recommend, would travel again.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Topping Ray    (UK)

Extra Legroom

On Friday 28th June we were in Alicante waiting for ZB 682 to arrive, all other Monarch flights were on time. Eventually the flight came up on the board. Passengers assembled waiting to embark on a flight that had at that time not arrived, this lasted for more than 1 hour. On the eventual embarkation the Captain explained that they had experienced a slight technical problem which took a few minutes to resolve. When fixed requested a push back from the handlers Swiss Air who reportedly said their employees where committed elsewhere. 1 hour later the plane was put into service. On arrival the turn around was reasonable. The return journey was good until we reached the flagship Manchester Airport where we waited for 1 hour 20 minutes for the luggage to appear.

Monarch Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by P Harvey    (UK)

On our 50th wedding anniversary despite being notified at check-in and on aircraft - we did not even get a free cup of water from these poor service s- Lufthansa gave us a champagne business class breakfast with so much food we could not eat it all. Avoid Monarch they are appalling and only want to sell meals and duty free! Never again.