Martinair Passenger Reviews and Martinair Customer Trip Reports

Martinair 3-Star Airline Ranking

Martinair Passenger Reviews

Martinair Aircraft Seat Plans

Martinair Economy class seat reviews

MARTINAIR customer review :  28 December 2011 by W Eveleens   (Netherlands)

Amsterdam-Cancun, bought Comfort Class seats. The cabin attendants were friendly, food served was a little less good, it wasn't bad just average. The legroom in Comfort Class was good and other benefits are the complimentary alcoholic beverages and personal media player that you get. So overall a satisfying flight.

MARTINAIR customer review :  1 February 2011 by G Laval   (Netherlands)

Good thing this airline will be taken over by KLM soon. Plane interiors are wornout. Only one very small meal on 11 hour flight. Personal entertainment player costs 15 euros. Comfort class is not worth the money. Flight attendants were sleeping or watching a movie. They did not serve drinks and decided to open a free mini bar at the rear of the plane, which means a trolley with water and juice to serve yourself. Never again.

MARTINAIR customer review :  4 December 2010 by H Ernst   (Austria)

I booked comfort class on my flight AMS-CUR on November 13th. Only a few minutes before boarding we were informed that they use an Euro Atlantic aircraft and that there is no comfort Class available. We were told to contact customer service for the refund of the comfort class surcharge. Since then, we try to contact the customer service, via Internet complaint form, no response, by telephone at the German MartinAir office, nobody answering, by fax to Martinair, no response. Seems they don't want any communication with their customers and don't want to pay back the surcharge.

MARTINAIR customer review :  11 October 2010 by I Huuse   (Norway)

Amsterdam - Orlando: Economy class: In addition to be seated in very narrow seats, we got the seat in row 40, next to the lavatories. The seat back could therefore not be moved in any backwards positions. The food was very simple. Orlando - Amsterdam we upgraded to comfort class. Much better seats. Same cheap, simple food. The drinks for the food was served 30 minutes after we received warm dinner. The food was cold when we finally got something to drink.

MARTINAIR customer review :  14 June 2010 by K Mitchell   (UK)

Orlando to Amsterdam, I found that the planes were very old and very uncomfortable. My partner and I were very squashed during the flight that I found my self feeling very ill because of this. I sat on the aisle and found myself being being woken up by cabin crew walking past and hitting my arm/elbow with out apology. The Entertainment was either paying for a hand held tv or a pull down TV screen, so not very good.

MARTINAIR customer review :  4 May 2010 by A Main   (UK)

Just back from a delayed flight due to volcano. Older plane meant not very comfy 9 hours to Amsterdam from Orlando. We were left at Amsterdam for a gruelling 11 hours with no food or any offer of drinks - we had 3 grandchildren with us, so a very tiring day and also very costly experience. Spoke to staff who were not very helpful.

MARTINAIR customer review :  21 December 2009 by P Spyers-Duran   (USA)

Comfort Class

Orlando to AMS round trip. The Comfort Class seats are the same as the Economy Class seats, but one gets 3 inches extra knee space. I bought 3 adjacent Comfort Class tickets for my wife and I, for a total cost of $3,000.00. Big mistake. The seats were uncomfortable. The Comfort Class seats are worse than Delta Economy seats. I also checked out the Economy Class section for comparison. Same seats, but no legroom. It was crowded, tall people were unable to fit into the seats, worse than a cattle car. Not enough bathrooms. Their planes are relics. Entertainment provided by a hand held video equipment for each passenger in the Comfort Class, Economy Class passengers paid 20 Euros extra if they wanted to rent the entertainment boxes. Some boxes malfunctioned. The staff was directed to collect the Entertainment boxes about one hour before landing. This was absurd, they could have done it during the last 20 minutes of the flight. I protested to the =Cabin Chief, he said it was company policy. I needed 5 extra minutes for seeing the conclusion of a movie, he said it cannot be done.=In Orlando we waited for 1 hour 25 minutes for the luggage to be unloaded. Would I fly MartinAir again? Never.

MARTINAIR customer review :  20 December 2009 : by Jeff Davison   (UK)

Ncl-Ams-Mco return Comfort Class. Ncl to Ams fine on KLM city hopper, I'm 6'5" with osteoarthritis in knees, hip and shoulder and was with my son who is 6'4" so ample legroom was a welcome bonus. Ams to Mco, a long 10 hour flight due to headwinds. We booked comfort class for the 33" seat pitch, our window and aisle seats did not have this, at a guess 31" as my knees were touching the seat in front. Luckily comfort class was only 2/3 full so we ended up with a centre row each and these did have 33". No problems on flight, crew very nice, meal was OK. Return flight, made sure we had centre row seats which was a good job as comfort class 95% full, 2 mins after taking off woman in front fully reclines and stays there for whole flight apart from 20mins for meal, asked politely to at least put it up a bit but ignored so for the first 2 hours she had a very bumpy ride as my knees were jammed into her seatback. Luckily the passenger behind me moved so I took her seat for the rest of the flight. Meal was a very dry beef with potato wedges, very dry and very salty/spiced, alternative was pasta which looked even worse. Ams to Ncl, was looking forward to a relaxing last hours flying - not to be as seat pitch was 29" and ended up with my legs spread either side of the seat in front making me very uncomfortable. Other than that no problems. Would I fly Martinair/KLM again - probably.

MARTINAIR customer review :  6 November 2008 : by A Rochard

4 Star Rating

YYZ-AMS-YYZ. Legroom was okay, got the exit row on the way back. Food decent for a charter. Seat width normal (unlike Air Transat, they don't squeeze an extra row of seats in). I didn't feel the need to upgrade to Economy plus. The personal entertainment device (portable hard drive with monitor) was great. Worth the 12 euro on the day flight back.

MARTINAIR customer review :  19 August 2008 : by S Addisson

4 Star Rating

The meals were very good and the portions generous. The crew were efficient and were on time both ways. Seating assignments seemed ambiguous, but my family of four ended up with one window seat on return to Vancouver from Amsterdam, which was a nice surprise. None of my children had any complaint throughout the two long journeys and that would be the measure of a pleasant flight experience, by my standards. I would fly with Martinair again in future.

MARTINAIR customer review :  12 August 2008 : by T Leslie

4 Star Rating

Miami to Amsterdam and I found that the level of comfort was about what one expects these days. The flight attendants came by at regular intervals to offer free drinks and food was generous. One caveat was the in flight entertainment which costs 20 euros.

MARTINAIR customer review by Werner Potgieter

7 May 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

eturn from Toronto to Amsterdam. Flight departed ontime, but plane was very old, seats very narrow and crew not very friendly. Food was minimum at best, and breakfast was in a box. Inflight entertainment pathetic, aged television shows were shown, but the equipment was old and there was more static on the screen than anything else. Spend a little bit more and fly a better airline or make a connection.

MARTINAIR customer review by Bertus Cramer

8 April 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Martinair Economy Class Toronto-Amsterdam. Both flights delayed for more than 4 hours. In Amsterdam Martinair offered a cup of coffee, in Toronto nothing was offered. The captain told on both flights they encountered technical problems, which was the reason for the delays. Cabin crew service is OK but seats are too small in Economy Class. Overall, due to the ongoing delay problems and the poor service at the service desk, I will not fly Martinair again.

MARTINAIR customer review by B van Sante

6 April 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

AMS-MIA in comfort class. Flight was 70%, meal service just a hot meal no salad/starter. In comfort class you do have a few cms more legspace making it a bit more acceptable onboard this old Boeing 767. Digiplayer with not up to date collection and headphones free. In economy they dont even show movies anymore, just cartoons etc and they try to rent the other available digiplayers at 12 euro each. One x wine or beer free with hot meal - the rest all charged. Juices and water available, crew ok. Before landing, box with sandwich and juice for arrival in Miami at 7pm not impressed.

MARTINAIR customer review by L Haynes

12 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

My husband and I travelled with our two granddaughters from Newcastle to Orlando via Amsterdam. (KLM Newcastle to Amsterdam and then Martinair from Amsterdam to Orlando). We upgraded to comfort class and had very pleasant flights. On time, the crew on all flights were very nice and helpful. Their prices are very competitive and again we found no fault whatsoever.

MARTINAIR customer review by Anne Troughton

11 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

We were a family of 6. 4 adults and 2 children travelling in August. we were told that we could not book seats or upgrade on line. We arrived at the check in more than 3 hours before departure, and were not given seats together, in fact we were several rows apart. On the return journey, because of flight delays we missed our connecting flight. We were told that the adults were booked to go on one plane and the children on another. we pointed out that it was unacceptable to have our children travelling on their own in a foreign country, but it took an hour to sort it out and even then we still had to travel on 2 separate planes. Would we ever travel with Martinair again? The answer is a definite no.

MARTINAIR customer review by Claudio Lopez

28 August 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Amsterdam-Heraklion Economy. Boeing 767-300 plane with maximized number of seats (limited leg space in economy class). For the price paid for a return ticket to Crete, the service is basic. Meal is very basic (cheese sandwich, small juice, apple, cookie, and small snack), 1 hot and one 1 cold drink (limited choice) and all extra services are paid (alcoholic drinks, snacks). In flight entertainment is old movies, few boring comedy shows, headphones are only for sale. Martinair seems rather a low- cost company, without the low-cost tickets part - a return Amsterdam-Crete (3h 30') is at least 300 euro.

1 2