Royal Air Maroc Customer Reviews and Royal Air Maroc Passenger Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

Read Royal Air Maroc Passenger Reviews and Royal Air Maroc customer trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  23 January 2012 by G Bonora   (Italy)

Customer Rating :  7/10

RAK to CMN and CMN to MPX with my old sick mother. On first leg boarding my mother from the wheelchair to the ATR42 was a nightmare due to lack of elevators at the airport. But crew was professional and patient. Plane was in excellent condition. Even on a 40 minutes flight we were offered of a glass of water or cup of coffee. Second leg on an oldish 737 was no problem for boarding through jetway. Legroom was above average. Food remarkably tasty compared to the average. Crew friendly and helpful. I ask for my mother to use the business class toilet due to short distance but hostess denied, I asked the head steward who said yes and was very kind and helpful. Crew spoke good enough English. Fares are more expensive than average but flights to Europe are priced per leg so I was not forced to buy a return ticket ending up using only one way.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 January 2012 by R McKenna   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Morocco to JFK. Terrible airline, from the service to the condition of the planes. Boarding was disorganized. Aircraft dirty, attendant kept scolding a woman for reclined seat during take off however seat would not go into the upright position! Restroom door did not close properly. Food was awful. Movie restarted over 3 times - 4.5 hrs to watch 1 movie, sound was awful, old monitors. Upon landing, many passengers stood to retrieve bags while the plane was still racing along the runway, attendants said nothing. When we finally arrived at the gate, the aisles were filled with passengers and their bags, so we couldn't even stand up.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 January 2012 by J Gallaguar   (USA)

Customer Rating :  2/10

Washington DC to CMN. DC to JFK was smooth. JFK to CMN was poor. The overhead buttons weren't working, the sound on the old fashion screens was mute with no headphones. FA's were rude and impolite, one flight attendant got into a verbal argument with a passenger. I have to say it is getting annoying to accept this treatment.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  7 December 2011 by Janet Ko   (USA)

Customer Rating :  3/10

We flew direct from JFK to Casablanca. This airline is definitely not up to par with other airlines. The plane is shabby, with many of the overhead lights and call buttons not functioning. The bathrooms are dirty and not maintained throughout the flight, usually no soap, and runs out of toilet paper early on. The outbound and returning flights were on time and actually arrived slightly early, and our bags arrived intact. On the return flight, there were 2 young girls travelling as unaccompanied minors seated across from me. The flight attendants did not check on them throughout the flight. In fact, when the meals were served, the flight attendant was very brusque with them when asked to choose which meal they wanted. The flight attendants did not show any extra care or compassion for these young girls travelling by themselves. Interestingly, we also took a domestic flight from Casablanca to Marrakech, and this flight was excellent! The plane was very clean and modern, and the service was decent.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 November 2011 by H Sam   (USA)

Customer Rating :  4/10

JFK to CMN. Boarding started on time, but as RAM has no rhyme or reason to their boarding process we took off about 30 mins late. Slept for most of the flight, dinner was above average, breakfast was just an assortment of pastries/yoghurt. Arrived on time. CMN to JFK - again disorganized boarding. Left approx 40 mins late. Upon take off, 3 or 4 overhead bins popped open. The passengers around me kept looking for an attendant to rush to assist, since no one seemed to notice we were all scared luggage would fall on us. The attendants weren't rude, just indifferent. While the aisles filled with trash and the bathrooms became filthy during the 8 hour flights, the attendants did each others make up and played with their phones. Little to no leg room. The technology was laughable. Old TV's spaced too far apart, and the picture quality was laughable. One movie for the 8 hr flight, maybe 2 TV shows and I couldn't hear anyway since my seat didn't have audio. Overall landed 45 mins late. Below average experience.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  17 November 2011 by John Smith   (USA)

Customer Rating :  4/10

Casablanca to Laayoune, Morocco and Casablanca to JFK. First trip was wonderful first class seating and very attentive staff. From Casablanca to JFK, however, it was a completely different story. During the 6.5 hour flight, I saw the flight attendants twice - once to drop off our lunch, once a few hours later to pick up the garbage before landing. People had been pushing the call buttons, but attendants never responded. The inflight video system was horrible and the aircraft was dirty. Conveniently, I was on an aisle seat near the galley, so I continued to get up and refresh my drink and snacks as I chose.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 November 2011 by Roger Stone   (Australia)

Customer Rating :  7/10

MAD-CMN Business Class. Flight departed on time, nice service, comfortable seats and good food and wine offered. The only problem I had was in obtaining a boarding pass when transiting through Madrid from Heathrow. With the assistance of a helpful Iberia lady, I was finally able to get a (hand written) boarding pass, but only after some hours. This is a very strange arrangement as the RAM aircraft leaves from the same Terminal (4S) as I had arrived off a BA flight yet the RAM office is literally miles away.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  13 October 2011 by Bryan Hoare   (Indonesia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

No booking availability to use a Hong Kong HSBC credit card to book a flight from Morocco to London. This airline has no desire to help their customers! They don't deserve our business. Unfortunately they hold the best flight options to travel from Morocco to the UK. If I could find another way I' do it!!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  30 September 2011 by F Sanyang   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Late departure from Heathrow. Once in Casablanca, the boarding gate was wrong on our boarding cards and there was no one to help, the information screen was showing all other destinations except ours. When we finally found the gate after running around with our two young children at midnight, we find that the flight was going to Guinea before Gambia as our schedule said. Once in Guinea, we waited onboard for a 1.5 hrs for refuelling and cleaning. Staff are not welcoming nor helpful. Once in Gambia, 2 or our 3 suitcases were missing, and after daily trips to the Air Maroc office in Gambia and the Airport, they arrive.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 September 2011 by S Mernissi   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

As long as this airline continues to have a monopoly over all travel to North Morocco, it will continue to be poor with little incentive to improve its punctuality, prices and customer service. The airline is extremely unreliable in my experience. Connecting flights are a bad idea, on all 3 occasions that I have travelled to North Morocco (Tangier) on a connecting flight, my experience has been negative. Most recently my flight from London to Casablanca was delayed 50 mins and so I missed the connecting flight (which allowed a 1.5 hr stop over) and was left at Casablanca airport from 11pm until 4am without food, refreshments, accommodation or a customer service representative to assist or provide answers/information.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  21 September 2011 by M Geesteranus   (St Maarten)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I had booked a flight from Casablanca to Amsterdam together with some 50 or 60 other people. Already during check-in a delay started, without explanation or information. Staff behind the desk disappeared, came back but the line waiting for check-in did not shrink. Impatient travelers roamed around the hall and came back with different information. RAM staff did nothing until noon when some vouchers for a lunch were distributed. It appeared around that time the flight was cancelled and that another plane might take us. We had been waiting for hours without any form of information. At 18.30 we were ordered to get onto a bus which took us to the delayed plane. First class had been transformed into second class, room for your legs had been halved, obviously to store more people aboard and most of them considerably smaller that I am. With a stopover in Al Hoceima we finally landed at 3.30 in the morning (local time) at Schiphol so that I had some 4 hours before my next flight to the Caribbean. My luggage arrived 5 days later.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  18 September 2011 by I Shihabi   (Saudi Arabia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Montreal-Casablanca. Scheduled 19.25, checked in 16.55. Boarding pass stated boarding 19.00 not a word by check-in staff about any delays although it was already known to them. Arrived at gate 18.30, no one from airline showed up. Monitors showed original departure time well past 19.30. No airport staff inside the departure hall had any answers and no RAM staff were available until 20.10 when the first new departure time update appeared on the monitors. Flight was delayed until 22.15 and no RAM rep bothered to show up at the gate to inform passengers. Finally station manager turned up 20.45 to say that we all should have received food vouchers at check-in but of course he just had to say something. Plane finally left 23.15 and it was clear they skipped bathroom cleaning during the short ground time that the toilets smelt before the first use.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  16 September 2011 by S Ward   (UK)

Customer Rating :  2/10

We had no problems in terms of flight times or delays. Flight attendants were quite nonchalant and not particularly friendly. The most worrying thing was the state of the aircraft.. Not only was it shabby inside and out there was a huge crack across the emergency exit door and rust all over the wing. Overall I would say a very shabby airline and poor customer service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  6 September 2011 by G Waterman   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Cancelled our original flight to Morocco from JFK due to weather, then they failed to notify of the rescheduled time. Because they had failed to notify so many passengers, the rescheduled flight was delayed, causing us to miss our connection in Casablanca. After having to spend a night in Casablanca, we arrived in Marrakech 40 mins late only to discover our bags had been lost. On our return, arriving at the airport in Marrakech we went to check-in only to find our flight home was oversold, after seeing 3 different agents, they finally issued our boarding passes. We thought things were finally running smoothly until we arrived in New York and discovered once again they had lost our bags. The delays and baggage issues were exacerbated by terrible customer service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  14 August 2011 by Claire Shankland   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

We received an email 4 days before we were due to fly cancelling both the outward and return flight. The plane was old and dirty. The staff surly and not interested in serving you. The toilet smelt and they closed the front part of the plane off and told passengers to use the one at the back. Some people complained and ignored this rule.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  10 August 2011 by L Ahmed   (USA)

Customer Rating :  10/10

JFK to CMN. Good quality food, friendly staff and a smooth flight. Plenty of movies, magazines/newspapers provided.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  8 August 2011 by A Conway   (Morocco)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Awful airline and only getting worse. Due to budget cuts, flights are often cancelled at the last minute and passengers are rerouted from direct flights to itineraries that consist of up to 3 extra flights. The airline will list several flights available but then combine all the passengers for that day on one flight. This makes travel with RAM impossible if you have a connection with a different airline. While travelling to Paris, my husband and I had made separate reservations. For some reason, he was told on a Monday that his Saturday flight had been cancelled. I was not alerted until Thursday that the same flight had been cancelled. My mother recently flew from JFK to Casablanca. It took her friend 2 hours after landing to receive her baggage. My mother's baggage was left behind in NY. We were told to call back the next day when the suitcase should have arrived on a flight coming in at 8am. The next day I called three times hours after the flight had arrived, and was told that they could not confirm that the suitcase had come in. One customer service woman refused to let me speak to her supervisor and hung up on me! We ended up paying a 50$ taxi fare to go to the airport and were told to look for the suitcase ourselves by two employees who were sitting and gossiping and playing with their cell phones. Finally, we found an employee in a back office who was willing to do his job. He went to another part of the airport and returned with the suitcase. The suitcase had a huge yellow tag on it that said "RUSH" and yet it was 8 hours after it had arrived and no one could confirm it was in Casablance. In short, avoid this airline like the plague!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 August 2011 by D Driscoll   (UK)

Customer Rating :  8/10

I cannot recognise the airline that I have used for 20 yrs from some of the comments made. I usually fly Economy LHR to CMN, but as I have had a problem with my legs recently, I have switched to Business class. In both classes, RAM has been totally satisfactory. I have never had a flight cancelled or changed before the day of departure, I have only once had a more-than 3 hr delay and in this case, cans of drinks were immediately provided and 40 mins later all passengers were taken to a restaurant in the airport. Cabin staff, with the odd exception are friendly and helpful, especially when they realise I speak some Arabic. The air miles programme is extremely generous. The planes are modern and clean. Even the older planes which I occasionally take on internal flights are satisfactory. One time my baggage went on to Marrakech and was not offloaded at Casa. It arrived back at Casa at 7am the next morning and I was given 300 dirhams compensation for the taxi to and from the airport. This was several years ago and I imagine the compensation will have increased to cater for higher taxi fares.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 August 2011 by A Kazi   (Saudi Arabia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Lisbon airport for our return flight home to Riyadh via Casablanca, but there was no flight, and no Air Maroc staff to assist us. When I got hold of their Portugal office, there was no answer. I called their number in Morocco, and was told that the Lisbon-Casablanca flight had been cancelled and they had been unable to reach me. They offered no solution other than a flight 8 days later, else I should send a complaint to their email address. At the peak of summer travel season I was forced to purchase new tickets for my family on other airlines to get home. The initial journey from Riyadh to Madrid via Casablanca didn't go smoothly either - they got our luggage to us 5 days late.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 July 2011 by C Grant   (France)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I have flown Royal Air Maroc many times to W.Africa over the last 6 or 7 yrs and the company is getting worse. I flew BCN-CMN-DKR return, the return trip was appalling. Both legs DKR-CMN and CMN-BCN, the crew were surly, rude and incompetent. The 2 767 aircraft they have are old and the crew made no effort at all. The emergency procedures were done so that people sitting near the door weren't able to observe, contrary to international law because they told me there were only 4 crew for this flight. Due to the consistent downfall of this airline I will not be using them again for W.African routes.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  12 July 2011 by E Loks   (Norway)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Experience with flying Royal Air Maroc from Frankfurt via Casablanca-Marrakech can be summarized as: Old and dirty airplane, +5 hrs delay in Casablanca without any explanation from ground crew, no service from staff, several people in same flight did not get luggage until several days later.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  6 July 2011 by Adil Berdai   (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

I have flown with Royal Air Maroc many times, it's a very good airline and it has a reputation I can't seem to find when I'm on-board their aircrafts. Staff are very good and great with customer service. I was flying from London-Tangier and one man decided to smoke in the toilets, the staff took this as a serious problem and treated him fairly and when we landed in Tangier he was arrested, it's good to see action taken. They served lunch which I always love, I had the chicken with rice and potatoes, very tasty. Royal Air Maroc is a standard airline with great seats and very friendly staff, their English is superb so no communication problems will occur on-board. It was very clean, I called a member of staff 6 times during the 3 hr flight, she was very happy serving me all the time.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  4 July 2011 by Hugo Stekelenburg   (Morocco)

Customer Rating :  6/10

CMN-AMS. I have flown Air Maroc multiple times and when everything goes fine, they offer quite good value for money: food served on European routes, plus wine and beer, and a generous baggage allowance for several European and African destinations:30 kg. And their loyalty program is good too. But when there is a disturbance, nobody ever takes responsibility for anything and that is infuriating. I've seen terrible scenes on board which are beyond a Hollywood movie. Although I'm sometimes disappointed, I will usually fly them again.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  4 July 2011 by Peter Nakhili   (USA)

Customer Rating :  7/10

I flew with Royal Air Maroc to Morocco. I bought a package that made me take a Delta Connections flight from Boston's Logan-New York's JFK. The Delta flight was bumpy! Once at JFK, I made my way over to the terminal. I had to wait 8 hrs for the plane to show up. I knew this ahead of time, the Delta flight was a morning flight and the Royal Air Maroc flight was at 6:32 PM. Once it was time to board, the line was ridiculous. Once on board, the Boeing 767, I sat down and the seats were comfortable and reclined reasonably far. About 1hr into the flight, they served dinner. There was a menu and all the meals were hot. If you're ever on thus flight get the chicken. The flight was very smooth, the cabin crew was very nice and also served breakfast. The landing was excellent, very smooth. The 8 hr wait wasn't too bad.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  30 June 2011 by C Ryan   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Not impressed at all. I flew from London Heathrow-Casablanca which was bearable, although the staff were very rude and aggressive - they obviously have no customer service skills. I would probably lose my job if I spoke to customers the way this airline's staff do. The return journey was a shambles - the original flight from Marrakech- Casablanca was cancelled and no explanation given so I was put on another flight at a later time which meant I made the connection from Casablanca-Heathrow with mins to spare. Again the staff were rude, patronising and arrogant, the food was unidentifiable and no apologies were given in respect of the cancelled flight, added stress and subsequently lost baggage (which I am still waiting for).

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 June 2011 by S Amin   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Please do not book with this airline if you want to save yourself the stress, anger, frustration and rudeness that we experienced. We booked a return flight from LHR-AGA. Our outbound flight was delayed by 4 hrs so we missed our connecting flight from CMN-AGA. It took more than 14 hrs, it should have been less than 8 hrs. Our flight home was horrendous. We managed to get a flight from AGA-CMN but as we hurried to get our flight to LHR, we were refused boarding even though we had valid boarding passes and tickets. The rude check-in staff told us that there was a problem with our tickets and to speak to our booking agent. It turns out our tickets were cancelled without our permission. We were stranded at the boarding gate. The only reason I could think of was that the airline had double booked their seats because there was a large crowd of passengers before us and 2 more passengers also had their tickets cancelled and were in the same situation as us. The check-in assistant did not help us and sent us from pillar to post asking us to speak to the customer team downstairs when our flight was about to depart. We enquired about getting our luggage back and we were told that it was being offloaded. However, our luggage was not offloaded and it flew to LHR. We were told that the next plane to LHR would be in 24 hours. We protested (with 2 other passengers), eventually a person at the airport gave us tickets to LGW (not LHR), which would be a 10 hr trip on 2 planes going via Tunisia. We were not given any food or drink for the inconvenience caused. We arrived at LGW at 1am in the morning without our luggage. We should have been in LHR by 6pm. We had to pay a mighty fare to get from LGW to home, we didn't get our luggage for another 3 days. Overall, a nightmare of a journey we wrote to them 3 times demanding an explanation for this unacceptable journey. They have not replied.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  7 June 2011 by E Keita   (USA)

Customer Rating :  1/10

My experience with RAM has been you get less than what you pay for. We were flying NYC to Guinea via Casablanca, in NYC it took 2 hours to check us in, because the counter person did not know the country code for Guinea and then he lost all the information, and then there were issues with not believing a passports validity etc. We were travelling with an infant who was on our lap, you must pay to have the infant on your lap which is fine. Except in NYC they booked our daughter on a different flight than us out of Casablanca. We did not notice this until we got to Casablanca. They refused to give my daughter a boarding pass to get on the plane! Saying she had to wait in Casablanca for two more days, because that is when her ticket is for - she is 17 months old! We finally managed to find someone with a brain who said to check her in she is an infant - and then the plane was only half full so I really don't understand the problem there! The flight attendants were beyond rude, they served drinks only once during an 8 hour flight, when I asked for some water for my daughter's cup they would only fill it 25% full - so I had to keep getting up and going to the galley to pour my own drinks. The bathrooms stank, the plane was falling apart.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 June 2011 by R Arenas   (Spain)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Roundtrip BCN to Tangiers. It's a different world on RAM. Passengers move around during take- off and landing. Women seated together in groups with the kids and the men sit together up front. No respect for personal space, poor service despite large cabin crew.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  4 June 2011 by J Roberts   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

JFK to Casablanca delayed 9 hours with no communication from ground crew. RAM employees rounded up the passengers into a "holding area" then disappeared for 9 hours. No food, no water, no pillows or blankets, and no apologies. The flight was just as bad - rude and arrogant staff. I don't know how they manage to stay in business. I guess it should have been a huge red flag when I called to book the flight - no answer, not even an answering machine, just rang until I hung up. Had to call between 10 and 3 to book I was later told. Avoid this airline like the plague.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  18 May 2011 by C Fisher   (Canada)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Montreal to Casablanca to Marrakech return. Meals excellent, inflight service excellent - staff extremely helpful to families travelling with children.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  12 May 2011 by J Adair   (Ireland)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Booked a return London Gatwick-Casablanca - on the day of departure a text informed us that the return flight was cancelled and we would be put on a later flight to a different airport. We had additional costs of hotel, meals and transfer to our original departure airport and had to cut our holiday short. No apology made and still negotiating with them regarding payment for the taxi to the original airport. Complete lack of customer care - the representatives appear to deliberately absent themselves so that they do not have to deal with queries and shoulder shrugging seems to be their preferred response. They are really hopeless and should be ashamed of their customer rating.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 May 2011 by L Joyce   (UK)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Gatwick to Marrakech return. Both flights on-time, planes were fine, food good - for economy class food it was better than some airlines I have previously flown, including Qantas and Icelandair. We had no problems with service. Our only problem was the stopover in Casablanca on the outward flight as the transit lounge facilities are very poor, insufficient seating and availability of food and drink was very limited. There are improvements being made at present but in the meantime we would avoid the route via Casablanca and book direct flights both ways. The staff were are all time polite and available. We will certainly fly again and would recommend this airline as great value for money and definitely preferable to the ghastly budget airlines that are the alternatives.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 May 2011 by Ekaterina Nikolaeva   (Russia)

Customer Rating :  6/10

Madrid-Dakar (thru Casablanca) and Dakar-Casablanca. It was terribly overpriced, but our 3 flights were on time, luggage was delivered 20 minutes after landing. The flight itself was not very comfortable, and it was shaking all the time, but we were too exhausted and slept on all flights and time passed fast. Flight attendants were ok, but on each flight woke us up to offer food service!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 May 2011 by H Wilson   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Dreadful experiences with this airline - the day before leaving, a person who only spoke French called and wanted to reroute us to a flight with a 6hr wait in Casablanca. The return flight was even worse - an antiquated aircraft had some technical problem, in spite of which we were boarded and unboarded 90 minutes later. We were then trapped in the duty free airport zone, no rep in sight most of the time, people at the customer service desk (no English, poor French), RAM staff treated us like dirt, arrogantly refusing to give information. Passengers had to beg for meal vouchers but the airport cafe had only stale cheese bread rolls and quickly ran out of them.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  26 April 2011 by L Rose   (USA)

Customer Rating :  6/10

We received a phone call while in Marrikech saying the morning flight to Paris was cancelled and we were to take a later flight. Later, I was called again and told that flight was cancelled too and we would need to take a late-night flight. I called back and said we needed to be in Paris before the late flight left, what other options were there? The call disconnected. We stopped by RAM office in downtown Marrikech, took a number and waited about 10 minutes. The agent booked us for a morning flight to Paris, changing planes in Casablanca. The flight to Paris was jam-packed with more carry-on luggage, bags, etc. than I'd ever seen. This flight departed 7 April at 12:20. Somehow the crew managed order from the disorder, got bins shut, fed everyone on the flight, came round with more drinks, and worked hard. Didn't like the two cancellations of our flights or the long connecting flight, but RAM got us there.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 April 2011 by Andrea Girardot   (Switzerland)

Customer Rating :  0/10

The worst airlines I have ever flown. The flight was from Geneva to marrakech with a connecting flight in Casablanca. Our flight from Geneva to Casablanca has been cancelled without any prior notice. I tried to fix the issue over the phone with RAM. The first person just hung up and the second was not helpful and informed me that all fights are fully booked and they don't have any solution to propose! After one hour of negotiation RAM proposed me other flights the same day arriving late in the night.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 April 2011 by Patti Cronk   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

They've changed my departure time 4 times so far, causing me to have to change connecting flights with other airlines over and over again - with the resulting change fees. Now it's going to take me 3 days to get from Casablanca to Colorado with overnight in Madrid and again in Dallas. After reading these reviews I'm pretty much terrified that I'll make the flight in and out of Casablanca at all.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 April 2011 by Melissa Biggs   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

London Gatwick to Agadir via Casablanca. On the journey out, we were in the queue to check-in at Gatwick for around 2 hours. This meant we had 10 minutes to get to the departure gate for boarding, meaning we could not even stop to get refreshments before our flight. When we connected in Casablanca, we boarded the plane and were left sitting on the runway in sweltering heat for over an hour, without any explanation from cabin crew. On the return flight to England, we arrived at Agadir airport at 3.50am to catch a flight to Casablanca at 6.30am, where we would connect for London Gatwick. On arrival at the airport, we realised that our flight was not on the departures board. We sat and waited for over an hour in a deserted airport with no members of staff or representatives to be seen. When finally a RAM representative did appear, he simply shrugged his shoulders and told us that the flight had been cancelled, giving us no explanation or apology for this having happened. We tried to patiently negotiate another route, but the representative was utterly nonchalant and uncaring about the inconvenience. He worked out a route for us to catch a flight at 9.30am to Casablanca, from which we could then connect at 1.40pm to London Heathrow. Although we explained that we had initially booked to go to Gatwick, again he simply shrugged and told us that this was our only option and "take it or leave it". He even went onto say that it was a difficult situation for him, as he was the one who had to listen to us. We waited for 5 and a half hours in Agadir airport to board the 9.30am flight. When we arrived in Casablanca, our connecting flight was delayed for an hour and a half, meaning we had to sit in the departure lounge listening to a imbecilic woman talking constantly on the tannoy for four hours. When we touched down in Heathrow, it was 7pm - 7 hours after we were initially supposed to arrive, and at the wrong airport. We were herded from pillar to post once off the plane; initially the gate into the aiport being 'accidentally locked' so we were all standing waiting in a small corridor, and then being asked to go back to the departure lounge to wait for further instruction regarding the promise that had been made by the representative in Agadir that we would receive transportation to our homes due to the inconvenience of arriving at the wrong airport. Initially we were told by Heathrow staff that we would only receive transport to Gatwick, but after patient negotiation, we did get a taxi to our home. Overall the journey was appalling and the staff were dismissive, unhelpful and uncaring.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 March 2011 by Nils Persen   (Norway)

Customer Rating :  0/10

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced, they have changed my trip 5 times before departure (of course without telling me about it), are impossible to get in touch with and refuse get me a hotel when they leave me in the middle of nowhere when the last leg of the trip is cancelled.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  27 March 2011 by Thomas Malvica   (Italy)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I flew RAM last December/January but I'm writing only now because I gave their customer service time to follow up on my complaint, which never eventuated. We got to Marrakech via Casablanca from Milan, but our luggage did not. It was boarded on the following day's flight (because the cargo was full). This meant waiting in line until midnight to fill out a lost luggage form with the airport authorities. No receipt/copy could be produced as the photocopier was outside the Marrakech airport terminal. This also meant I would have no proof of the incident. They gave us the wrong number to call and it was only thanks to our kind hotel manager that we were able to go back to the airport (paying our own fare) to retrieve our luggage. This some 16 hours after our plane had landed (did I forget to mention we had left Milan 3.5 hours late with no refreshments provided). When I got back to Milan I was instructed by the RAM office in Milan to send a fax (in the era of email correspondence) to their customer care office in Prague (RAM does not even fly to the Czech Republic). Which I did on January 19. After countless follow-up emails, nothing. I strongly suggest they do away with the 'Royal'.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 March 2011 by Hassan Jaouad   (USA)

Customer Rating :  3/10

I lived abroad for 17 years and always used the Moroccan air lines to travel. But I finally decided not to use RAM anymore - bad service, horrible staff, expensive fares.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  20 March 2011 by P Strettle   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Marrakech-London. Cancelled, but only after 3 hours waiting around and zero information. Ground staff for Air Maroc incompetent and in some cases rude. Onboard the flight, a very tatty B737, food was rather poor. What was disgraceful was the complete disregard to safety standards by cabin crew. I thought the earlier reviews I had read were exaggerating, but now know how awful this airline really is. Easyjet next time for me.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  19 March 2011 by Derek Chilvers   (USA)

Customer Rating :  8/10

CMN-LHR Business Class. Check-in no wait, and pre-assigned seat. Spacious lounge. A321 with very slighted faded appearance. Three rows of 2x2 comfortable seats, but somewhat limited pitch. Newspapers, magazines and champagne after boarding. Drinks and dinner inflight. Cheerful and efficient service. Announcements in Arabic, French and English.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  16 March 2011 by J Lawrence   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

We arrived at Gatwick to find the plane supposedly cancelled - apparently nothing new for the Air Maroc flight to Marrakech to be cancelled - what is really meant was that there was to be a 2 hour delay. The service on the flight was extremely poor - my row did not get any food and when we requested it from the air stewards, it eventually came with no apology. I waited 30 minutes for a glass of water to take a tablet. The way back to Heathrow was no better. We got to check in very early so we were not sat at the back of the plane - but when we were given our tickets we were at the back on the both our planes (Marrakech to Casablanca, Casablanca to Heathrow) - in fact on the first flight we had seats on row 36 despite the plane being a 737-700 with about 26 seats. When we requested to be moved further forward we were told that row 38 on the second plane was at the front of the plane and that the seating configuration was reversed on this plane. After two attempts to request new seats (taking a total of over 30 minutes) we managed to get moved half way up the plane. We were amazed at the rudeness of staff on check in when we requested a seat change. When we got on the plane both planes were only about 50% full!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  15 March 2011 by C Bassett   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Dreadful service and communication from this airline. Returning from Marrakesh to Heathrow on with four children we, along with 20 other passengers, were held for 24 hours in transit at Casablanca. Apparently the airline had double booked the seats. However, all our luggage flew with the original plane. No food or hotel was offered. No manager was available. Passengers were completely abandoned.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  3 March 2011 by L Price   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Terrible service, do not fly with this airline. We were delayed for more than 7 hours in Marrakech and were told that there was no plane to take us by some staff and no pilot to fly it by other staff. We were never told why by the Royal Air Maroc staff although we asked repeatedly. UK systems showed our flight as having departed when we were still in the airport to those waiting for us. A further delay of 10 hours was threatened and only narrowly avoided by persistent negotiation with airline staff. The airline did provide food, but tried everything they could to avoid it, adding a huge amount to the stress. I was abandoned at 3:30am in Gatwick with no way of continuing my onward journey and nowhere to stay. Gatwick information were told by a Royal Air Maroc represeentative at 4 am that passengers should make their own way home. When we landed we were told they hoped we had enjoyed our flight!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  9 February 2011 by N Ruiz   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Terrible. Worst experience ever. They are not to blame for the weather induced delays, but they are to blame for the lack of communication with passengers and the uncooperative disposition of their staff. Due to comment restrictions I cannot elaborate on some of the problems I encountered. But, this I can say they forgot to put my name in the passenger name list for the return flight and I had to buy another ticket with another airline. Never fly with this airline!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  5 February 2011 by Jeremy Kean   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

LGW to Marrakech. Flight delayed 3 hours, no information given, and no sign of any staff on hand to assist. Once airborne on an old and uncomfortable 737 things didn't improve. Grumpy staff and appalling food. Return flight on time but still an awful aircraft. Only 40 passengers but it took 90 mins to serve a cup of coffee, the reason being that half the flight attendants had stretched out over 3 seats each at the back and gone to sleep! Not encouraging if there had been an emergency.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  18 January 2011 by R Simmons   (UK)

Customer Rating :  2/10

Seems we were lucky to get to Marrakech from Gatwick on our booked flight with our luggage. On the way back, flight changed to call in at Casablanca. Wrong check in queue on departure board. Check in 2 hr early still left luggage in Marrakech when we got to Edinburgh with BA from Heathrow 15 hours later. It arrived at our home 2 days later. Seat legroom awful. Poor safety checking of seat belts etc on passengers. No decaf coffee or green tea and no politeness when told so. Very poor information to passengers when delayed in Casablanca for 2 hours for "air conditioning check" and "luggage does not match passengers". Very late lunch, had to use own reserve food. Assured we would get connecting flight even half an hour before arrival; but taking 40 min to get to standstill after delayed estimated landing time resulted in a disordered mutiny of passengers trying to get off and panicky staff. Missed connecting flight; no guidance as to how to reorganise for being 2.25 hours late. Don't use them.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  10 January 2011 by J Fasler   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

London-Fes via Casablanca. Connecting flight delayed nearly 3 hours amidst much confusion, and RAM intentionally left much of the baggage behind in Casablanca. We were later told that this is a routine practice on this sector due to the limited capacity of the ATR72 used. We had to queue for an hour at 1am to register a lost baggage claim. When our bags reached Fes over 24 hours later we had to return to the airport to collect them because of 'security'.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  31 December 2010 by Howard Williams   (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

London Gatwick - Marrakech. The snow brought the worst out of Royal Air Maroc. Chaotic check in with passengers from the previous day trying to book onto flights. No information and rude check-in staff. Flight did eventually go 4 hours late. My biggest complaint was lack of communication about the delay and rude disinterested staff. Food was OK, legroom was terrible and seat was very uncomfortable. Safety demonstration was lacklustre and was a mish-mash of 3 languages. Never again.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  15 December 2010 by Raman Saahn   (France)

Customer Rating :  0/10

I bought a direct flight 2 months ago for travelling just before the Christmas evening from Ouarzazate to Paris (3hr 30mins flight), and RAM cancelled the flight - offering to travel on Christmas day, with 2 stopovers from 7am to 2230, during almost 15 hours. I tried to find another flight but there is no other company in Ouarzazate!

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  1 December 2010 by I Yagci   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Delayed for 6 hours on both JFK to Casablanca and then Casablanca to Istanbul. Ground manager hurled insults instead of explaining the delay at JFK. My luggage arrived 4 days after I arrived in Istanbul, leaving me and my wife with a handbag only. I will not fly Royal Air Maroc again, even if it's for free.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  25 November 2010 by Nina Saunders   (Morocco)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Awful and unprofessional - canceled our flight and didn't even tell us. Didn't meet us at the airport, nobody to tell us what to do, where to go, book us onto a new flight, give us a hotel, etc. Lisbon to Casablanca, not one person from Royal Air Maroc was around to represent the company, give advice or assist. We were given a phone number by the airport authority, and RAM didn't answer the phone for 2 days! Thank god TAP finally forced us onto a new flight and got us home. In Morocco when things go wrong, or never happen on time, people always say "this is Morocco". We love Morocco and this is not a Moroccan thing, it's business ethics and this behaviour is Royal Air Maroc.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  24 November 2010 by David Howe   (Canada)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Montreal-Casablanca-Tunis and return. Old and dirty Boeing 767-300ER, but crew worked hard and food was way above average in quality and quantity. Delayed 6 hours in Casablanca, received meal voucher but only because I asked. Full meal served both ways from CME to TUN.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  31 October 2010 by Felix Melchior   (Netherlands)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Amsterdam to Ouarzazate via Casablanca. Check in smooth and fast. Choice of meal (chicken or fish), enough drinks (soft and hot). Friendly attendants. The domestic flight from Casablanca tot Ouarzazate was a short trip (40 mins). Waiting for your luggage at this little airport was very short - immigration paper work was a little bit longer.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  22 September 2010 by J Pippeling   (Netherlands)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Of the 6 flights (2 international and 4 domestic; Madrid-Marrakesh; Essaouira-Casablanca; Casablanca-Fez; Casablanca-Ouarzazate; Ouarzazate-Casablanca; Casablanca-Amsterdam ) only one was on time. The rest delayed for at least an hour. The longest delay was 12 hours for a flight which only took 30 minutes! The problem - there was simply no plane available to bring us to our destination although it was a normal scheduled flight. The only positive thing about the airline is that they put you in a good hotel to wait/spend the night. But I guess, that is because they have a lot of experience with that - I will certainly not choice this airline again.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  2 September 2010 by Trond Bre   (Norway)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Marrakech to LHR via Casablanca. Check in smooth and friendly, travelled onwards to Oslo on SAS. Baggage checked thru on request. Departed on time, pleasant travel on new 737-800. Good service, food ok and drinks included.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  24 August 2010 by D Brandt   (Canada)

Customer Rating :  0/10

This is the most unorganized air line I have ever flown. They lost both of our checked bags going to our destination. Try as they would they never managed to get those bags to us. At one point they told us our bags were being shipped UPS. I told them I called UPS and they had no record of any such shipment; I asked RAM to give me the confirmation number so I could call UPS back - RAM hung up on me. Then on the way back we checked in one bag and yes they lost that one too. For our boarding on the way back they called for general boarding and everyone hoarded around the door in one big general mass. So then they decided to let families on board first - it was chaos because everyone was already jammed together. People were trying to squeeze through, babies being squashed, children crying. One couple complained profusely that it doesn't make any sense to call for general boarding and then limit it to only families. The RAM attendant responded that it wasn't his job to "organize you people". Really? And if it isn't their job to organize boarding it really makes me wonder about other things. There were so many more signs of disorganization it is truly unbelievable.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  17 August 2010 by P Jones   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

My wife and I flew with this airline from London to Fez via Casablanca. The outward journey went without problem but the return was a different story. We left ample time for our connection but the Fez flight took off an hour and a half late. I talked to the cabin crew about our connection and asked them to radio ahead, they said there would be no problem. When we got to Casablanca the flight had gone and there was nobody from Royal Air Maroc to meet us. We had to find their office ourselves which was tucked away in arrivals. The attendent said come back tomorrow and catch the flight then. We had a discussion and made them book us on a flight to Amsterdam and then KLM to London but got to London so late we had to stay there the night before catching our train to Manchester. We complained via eBookers who tried hard to contact Royal Air Maroc. We also wrote a letter of complaint but no replies leaving us 206 pounds out of pocket. Do not use this airline, they are a shambles.

Royal Air Maroc customer review :  16 August 2010 by K Bichou   (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

Have had an awful experience with this airline on 2 occasions. On my first trip between Heathrow to Tangier, I was contacted by phone 4 days before the departure date to be told that there was no direct flight anymore and I had to transit via Casablanca (transit time 6 hours!). I was offered the option to cancel my flight against full refund, however till today I have not received anything despite numerous e-mail and phone complaints. On another trip between Casablanca and Accra, the plane was delayed for 5 hours at departure and 3 hours in the return journey (needless to mention the rudeness of the ground and cabin staff and low- service quality).

1 2 3 4

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking | Advertise | Surveys | Site Map | Contact Us | Links |