PAGE loading ... please wait!

Mango Passenger Reviews and Mango Customer Trip Reports

No Star Ranking Applied

Add your Mango Review

Mango Airlines : Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Mango
7.7 out of 10  7.7 out of 10

MANGO Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Derek H Salter   (South Africa)

Travelled from OR Tambo to Cape Town - on afternoon of 22 Dec. Very full flight. new plane comfortable seats with plenty of leg room. On time arrival. Bags arrived quickly. Good competent service - just what is needed from a budget airline.

MANGO Customer review :  27 June 2013 by E Ellish   (South Africa)

On this particular flight, the 6.25pm flight from Lanseria to Cape Town on 22 June, I observed the following: Along with 2 others, I was sitting in row 16 A,B,C… right opposite the emergency safety doors. The cabin hostesses explained what should be done in case of emergency and then proceeded to say that no loose stuff was allowed on our laps or the floor. This is all good (no problem). When the drinks and eats came along, the people sitting in 16 F,E,D, right opposite the other emergency safety doors, started drinking, each ordering 2 beers at a time. And then another 4 each. Cabin staff had no problem with each person consuming 6 beers, yet made these people responsible for the safety doors in case of emergency! This makes no sense whatsoever. Suffice to say, I won't be flying Mango anymore.

MANGO Customer review :  5 October 2012 by C Blaikie   (Australia)

SA Mango airline has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced. The seats have no lumber support and are basically bolt upright. To make our flight even more uncomfortable we were in the emergency row seats which didn't recline. Mango doesn't supply small pillows that I could have used as lumber support. I ended up using my book to support my lower back. Mango took us safely to our destination, but it was an uncomfortable 2 hour journey.

MANGO Customer review :  8 August 2012 by F Koenig   (South Africa)

CPT-DUR, 31 JUL 12, 05.55am departure. Mango LCC. Easy boarding, Crew friendly, seating a bit tight, but had 2 seats. Coffee and slept for full 2 hrs. Easy and quick disembarking in DUR. Long walk to exit. DUR-CPT 31 JUL 12, 19.30pm departure. Drop off and straight to the gate. Security X-ray staff friendly and efficient. Had a couple of wines at bar opposite Gate 10. Had seat 1C, with 1B empty - lots of legroom. Flight however turbulent and Captain changed flight levels a few time to avoid bumping and kept us informed. Cabin Crew friendly but unprofessional. Being right at the FWD galley, I heard all the crews life-stories they were chatting so loud and slouching on the jumpseat. Drop down TV's kept me entertained. Crew kept on pressing wrong pre-recorded announcements. Would fly them again as fare reasonable at US$215.00 for 4hrs flying.

MANGO Customer review :  28 March 2012 by Derek Salter   (South Africa)

Lanseria to Cape Town. Landed 30mins early. Good clean plane, tight pitch but ok for a 2 hour flight. Excellent prices and Lanseria a great alternative to OR Tambo in Johannesburg. Highly recommended.

MANGO Customer review :  31 January 2012 by D Leston   (UK)

CPT-HLA on 737-800.On time, clean aircraft, friendly crew, competitive price and Lanseria is an excellent alternative to JNB. Seat pitch is tight, but adequate for a 1.5 hr flight.

MANGO Customer review :  3 November 2011 by Derek Salter   (South Africa)

Johannesburg to Cape Town. Delayed slightly due to late arrive in JNB. Full flight - boarded by rear rows. Only 15 mins late in CPT. Efficient crew, leg room tight. But worth it on a 2 hour flight for the very reasonably priced fare.

MANGO Customer review :  27 April 2011 by J Robbertze   (UK)

On time, affordable, clean, friendly and efficient.

MANGO Customer review :  17 December 2010 by Terry Stokes   (Australia)

CPT-DUR After origionally booking to fly with SAA our flight was changed to code share on Mango. We had to go to 3 different check in counters before anyone could help us. Onboard we were told we had to have our boarding passes with us before we could have any refreshments. We we told them we would need to get them from our hand luggage they weren't interested and kept walking. Appalling service.

MANGO Customer review :  26 November 2010 by Terrance Stevens   (UK)

CPT-JNB return. Cheapest fare of all domestic carriers and best carrier I have experienced on this route. Friendly and helpful staff at check in and on the flight, plane modern and clean. Flights on time and return to CPT arrived 15 minutes early. If you haven't flown Mango before give them a try.

MANGO Customer review :  9 November 2010 by M Preston   (South Africa)

Other than SAA, this is probably the best overall of the SA domestic carriers. The aircraft are modern and clean, and crews helpful and efficient. The girl who checked me in for my last flight out of JNB was somewhat disinterested, almost sullen, but that is the worst thing that has happened to me on several flights with this carrier.

MANGO Customer review :  23 August 2010 by Streb Lovell   (USA)

Johannesburg-Cape Town. Flight on time, staff was find, but plane very scruffy inside. They really need to wipe down the seats.

MANGO Customer review :  10 July 2010 by A Scheepers   (South Africa)

I regret flying with this airline - I have 2 kids ages 5 and 9yrs old and Mango made no provision for my kids to be seated next to me, this happened on both flights of a return trip. I was told to ask the flight attendant for assistance in seating arrangements but when I attempted to do that, the flight attendant told me I had to ask fellow passengers to move seats! The entire trip became an ordeal which detracted from what was supposed to be a fun- filled trip. I also noted that I was not the only parent who was not seated together with minors. The online booking process does not allow minors to travel without an adult so why then is this airline's management incapable of a simple task such as placing children with their parents - a task that is successfully achieved by every other airline in this country and indeed the world.

MANGO Customer review :  27 February 2010 by A Mode   (Australia)

DUR-JHB. Very efficient and courteous check in at Durban Airport. Free newspapers provided. Flight left on time, comfortable and clean aircraft and very good value for money. Well designed and easy to use website for online booking.

MANGO review :  19 November 2009 by Allan Robins   (UK)

5 Star Rating

JNB-CPT. This airline offers value for money. Departed on time, arrived 5 minutes early, clean cabin and very friendly staff. I got an emergency exit seat so plenty of room and the seat reclined, unlike my previous SAA flight. Also took advantage of their weekend car hire deal which was a big bonus too.

MANGO review :  30 April 2009 by A Johnson   (South Africa)

5 Star Rating

I enjoyed the experience, the staff were excellent! The cabin crew ensured that all hiccups were communicated to the passengers, although we hardly experienced any!

MANGO review :  17 March 2009 by Jan Schumacher   (Germany)

5 Star Rating

JNB-DUR-JNB: Check-in very efficient and quick, all flights on time, friendly staff, reasonable legroom, perfect baggage handling. Nothing to complain about and great value for money.

MANGO review :  27 February 2009 by M Dobson   (South Africa)

2 Star Rating

5 hour delay on flight from CPT to JNB, very poor communication with passengers, and inability to offer water on the flight add up to a very unpleasant experience. Won't use Mango again!

MANGO review :  1 February 2009 by Allan Robins   (n/a)

5 Star Rating

CPT-BFN-CPT. Cannot fault this low cost carrier, departed on time, fair legroom on way out, much better on return with an emergency seat. Snacks on board were reasonable cost, though Mango was let down by the airport baggage claim at both ends. By far the worst was Bloemfontein, having to wait just short of 45 minutes. Taking into account that the Mango plane was the only plane there and that it was a 2 min walk from the plane to the baggage reclaim, I was sorely tempted to walk back to the plane and get the bag off myself. As for Cape Town, there were 4 conveyors to pick from, but they loaded/mixed the bags on the conveyor that had baggage from another flight, hence major confusion. Not Mango's fault, but they should be nagging the airports to get heir acts together

MANGO review :  19 August 2008 by David Baldwin   (n/a)

5 Star Rating

Johannesburg to Cape Town return. The flights on this low cost carrier were excellent. Both planes were full and arrived on time. The crew were efficient and offered a decent supply of refreshments at reasonable prices.

MANGO review :  25 February 2008 by Henry Relling   (South Africa)

4 Star Rating

For R594,00 (approx $79 US) all inclusive for 3 people return DUR-JNB-DUR we were very happy. Check in both ways very efficient, baggage reclaim very quick. I was surprised. Had only one trolley service both ways because of the duration of the flight. We only ordered drinks because we ate at he airport. Prices from the Mango Spaza menu very reasonable. R30 for 2 soft drinks and 1 beer. Orange livery looks very funky, Cabin crew friendly, cabin clean. A few head rest covers were dirty.

MANGO review :  1 January 2008 by B Wiggill   (New Zealand)

5 Star Rating

The short JNB-CPT was the best flight I have had. Check in efficient, aircraft was comfortable, magazine was interesting, and staff capable, friendly and customer focussed. It just goes to show that friendly staff really do make all the difference!

MANGO review :  18 October 2007 by Bruce Sweeting   (Australia)

n/a

Flight between JNB/CPT - Had found web page best and easiest to use of all domestic South African airlines. Flight was fantastic, modern 737-800, compared well to the sight of the older British Airways planes used in SA. Check in was relatively easy - although with massive re construction of new airport in Cape Town Mango seem to have drawn the short straw in terms of the check in counter location. Overall I would fly with Mango again, offered great value and service.