PAGE loading ... please wait!

Israir Airlines Passenger Reviews and Israir Airlines Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Israir Airlines Review

No Israir Airlines Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Israir Airlines
4 out of 10  4 out of 10

Israir Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M GŁnther    (Germany)

More than 3 hours late, no excuse me, no meal voucher, no information. The unfriendly staff were overwhelmed. My flight was from Tel Aviv to Berlin. They changed the flight time from 7 to 5 am, the aircraft arrived 3 hours later at 9am. During the flight than the meal and drinks were not free! I can only advise again this company!

Israir Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by R Kordof    (USA)

After reading some of the less stellar reviews online, and being unable to reach any English speaking staff on the phone who could verify the in-cabin luggage dimensions, I was naturally apprehensive about the flight from Tel- Aviv to Nice on Monday, September 23, 2013. To my pleasant surprise, the entire flight experience was excellent. The plane was clearly in great shape, a relatively new aircraft with leather seating and spotless interior. The departure and arrival were pretty much on schedule. The fact the departure from Ben Gurion airport was using a shuttle bus and not a jetway reminds me to warn any future passengers during any unlikely (but possible) inclement weather to dress accordingly or bring an umbrella for the extended exposure to the elements while trying to board an outdoors staircase. Other than that, I thought the whole experience was most pleasant and I would have no qualms about flying Israir again.

Israir Airlines customer review :  16 July 2011 by Sanuel Himelstein   (Israel)

Rome-Tel Aviv. Everything about the trip was a pleasure. The plane left almost on time (20 mins later than scheduled, but this was already viewable 12 hrs before the flight). Needless to say, we arrived on time. Considering we flew from midnight until 3:30 a.m. Rome time, we assumed we would get very little - if at all - in the way of snacks. Wrong! Almost immediately, each person received a bottle of water. This was followed by a choice of a salad or a quite hefty sandwich. Finally, they served tea and coffee. And this in a 3hr flight! The staff were courteous and effective, making the flight a really enjoyable one.

Israir Airlines customer review : 5 August 2010 by Jonathan Fain

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Ranking

One way ticket from Tel Aviv to Rome. The aircraft is half empty, Israir really don't know how to sell those tickets. I asked for vegetarian food and got a weird sandwich, no expectations there. Overall it is a good airline. Service is good.

Israir Airlines review by A Shneyderman

3 April 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

JFK to Ben Gurion and back. The two worst flights of my life. The return flight was about as close to hell as I think you can get on Earth. To say it was tight is an understatement. I'm 5' 6" tall and my knees were in the seat in front of me the entire time. This time the plane was a Portuguese company with their own staff. They did not answer the call button. The flight had a stopover in England for refueling which we were not told about. They also did not have any sort of order or pattern which was obvious when it came to food. One side would be served about 15 minutes before the other side. And the food was either scalding hot (I burned my finger tips trying to get the lid off) or it was cold. The return flight was 17 hours long and we got 2 very small meals the entire time. When I say small, vegetarian breakfast consisted of 2 cherry tomatoes and 3 cucumber slices, some olives and a packet of soy product which tasted so sweet it was unbearable. They had 'muffins' and 'fruit' for a few hours between dinner and lunch. On the way there they did give us slippers that were useful and on the way back we got an inflatable pillow and eye mask. But this meant there were not enough 'real' pillows to go around and a travel pillow on an aisle seat is not very useful. Also, towards the end of the flight, only one bathroom still had toilet paper. The rest were out of toilet paper, paper towel and facial tissue hours before the flight ended.

Israir Airlines review by D Singer-Frankes

2 April 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

They cancelled flights 3.5 months after purchase, 2 weeks before departure. Instead of non-stop JFK to TLV both ways, we got long layovers in Europe (incl one at Athens airport !) while traveling with young children. Their food tasted terrible, but it was better than no kosher food provided (which is what they stuck us with on Olympic air, 10 hours, from Athens to JFK due to the bump). No offer of compensation. Treated us like dirt. Once in Israel, changed our departure again without asking us, meaning we were bumped onto a different flight than our sibs and cousins plus had to check in at 3am with a 5 year old. Brings the stereotype of nonexistent Israeli ethic of customer service to life in most unpleasant way. Spend a few more dollars to fly on a real airline - beware !

Israir Airlines review by Simon Laqueur

19 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

A320 - flew for the first time with Israir on March 17th, and it will also be the last time. I literally only had 2 fingers worth of space between my knees and the seat in front. IFE non existent. I must attempt to get exit row when I return. Israir will be on my blacklist "to be avoided at all costs".

Israir Airlines review by A Beattie

21 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

I flew Israir and was thoroughly disappointed. I did not mind the extra random searches that took an extra hour and included 5 physical searches from different people. What I did mind was that they took my luggage and searched it without me being present, and also they took all my hand luggage and left me with nothing for the flight (I flew from Berlin to Tel Aviv.) The flight itself was unbearable. we were crammed in so tight that there was absolutely no room to move, and when the person in front of me reclined his seat I could not eat properly. the food was sub-par, and the passengers seemed to never be in their seats. I will never recommend them to anyone

Israir Airlines review by M Steuer

23 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

Premium Class from New York to Tel Aviv. It's a budget form of business class, but service was excellent, seating quite comfortable compared to coach seats, and pricing very reasonable. They give you free passes to the business class lounges at JFK and Ben Gurion Airports. Although the Ben Gurion Airport's Dan Lounge was crowded and not very comfortable, the JFK lounge in Terminal 4 was a very pleasant place to wait. This fare was well worth the money, less than half of other airlines' business class.

Israir Airlines review by M Fine

11 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Stansted to Tel-Aviv. Flight was cancelled and no one bothered to tell us. We were told to turn up the same time tomorrow. Lucky I telephoned before we left home as the plane did not turn up for 28 hours after it was meant to leave, other people not so lucky and spent the whole day at the airport. Staff were rude. Complained on the telephone and was told 'what do you expect.' Wrote to complain, told to wait 8 weeks for response. 3 months later wrote again and still waiting for response. Would never fly or recommend this company, rude, useless.

Israir Airlines review by A Rhodes

5 June 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

TLV-JFK. I flew El Al on the way to Tel Aviv and had a decent flight. coming back on Israir I did not know what to expect. By far the most cramped plane I have ever seen. I am very tall and sitting in my seat my knees were jammed in the seat in front of me. Seeing that this was going to be twelve hours of sheer hell, I asked for a seat in an exit row and was surprised to get one. Besides the flight attendant who granted my seat request change, the rest of the flight attendants were some of the rudest I have ever seen. One pushed me aside to get past me in the aisle and I witnessed others screaming at passengers for no apparent reason. The food was barely tolerable, pasta had a weird filling that may or may not have been meat or chicken. I do not know or do not wish to know, one bite was enough. To dull the pain of the flight, the red wine provided was decent to allow me to sleep for the majority of the flight. I recommend paying the difference, if there is one to fly on ElAL or Continental and be treated with a little dignity and have just a tad of comfort on the flight

Israir Airlines review by M Pouman

5 May 2007   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

JFK to Tel Aviv recently. It was one of the most uncomfortable flights I have ever taken. The plane was a Boeing 767 - kind of small for such a long trip. Israir tries to make up for this by packing in as many passengers as they possibly can. The rows were way too close together. I am not a tall person and I was completely squished. When the person in front of me reclined even a little bit the back of his seat was pressing against my knees. The staff tried to be nice, but they were apparently finding it difficult because the passengers were so grumpy and uncomfortable. During my visit to Israel I also took a domestic Israir flight from Tel-Aviv to Eilat. No complaints about that one.

Israir Airlines review by Beit Talm

4 January 2007   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Flew with Israir to Thailand. The staff was nice, but the seat rows are much too close to each other. It is extremely difficult for an elderly person to get up and stretch his legs on a long flight. The rows are so close to each other that tables in front of one could not unfold completely. We felt like matches in a box! I have flown many airlines and have never met this kind of discomfort before. Regretfully we shall try not to fly anymore with Israir unless this is changed.