FlyDubai Passenger Reviews and FlyDubai Passenger Trip Reports

FlyDubai Customer review :  12 November 2014 by D Kucinski    (USA)

Flydubai to and from Port Sudan. Both flights were exactly on time with no issues. Planes appeared new and clean. No check-in queue at all in Dubai but Port Sudan was a bit of a mess with waits up to an hour. Prepaid baggage, extra legroom seats, and meals were all provided without issue. IFE gave free flight status and map, everything else required payment so not sure of it's value. Very long bus ride back to DXB immigration (~15 minutes) but virtually no queue at immigration. T2 facilities basic but adequate.

FlyDubai Customer review :  13 June 2014 by M Hassan    (UAE)

I have to use it often, as I go back home always every weekend. They average 1 hour delay, Cabin staff are usually fine, but the ground staff is terminal 2 are awful. They are never on time, out of 30+ trip I did, FlyDubai was on time probably twice or 3 times.

FlyDubai Customer review :  17 February 2014 by M Taz    (UAE)

Business class, Dubai to Kuwait. Check in counters for business barricaded with no representative around to open and assist. Upon asking around one person did come out. Check in agent was friendly and efficient. No business agent per say as advertised. Lounge in T2 even though its new, was over crowded. If flydubai expects to operate a dedicated business class in all its flights in the future, they will have a problem as the lounge area is very small - both the bar and buffet area, in addition to this, since its a marhaba lounge most of the credit cards guests are also welcomed. Boarding was with economy class, onboard, a dedicated crew member who was efficient and friendly. Seat good for short hops, better than European low cost business class who block the middle seat. Dinner service only a cold sandwich and a desert on a tray, which when compared to emirates airlines catering for the same sector in economy is much better, but here your paying for J in a low cost carrier.

FlyDubai Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Cornel Florin    (Romania)

My wife and I flew from Bucharest to Colombo and return with a stop in Dubai. On the first Segment, Bucharest - Dubai, the plane was delayed by 1 hour. In Dubai, on segment 2, another 2 hours. But as long as the flight is not delayed by 5+ hours, I don't think this is a major problem. On return from Colombo, segments 3 and 4 were on time, not even 1 min delay. All 4 segments were operated by 737-800 next gen Sky interior, new planes. Happy with legroom and space between seats. I knew from the beginning that it's a Low Cost Airline and I had to pay for all services. It was my choice to fly with them and I'm very happy. The crew from all 4 segments was very polite and ready to answer all questions. The only thing I didn't like was the payment process on board. If you pay with Euro, they will give you change in AED. Same for US Dollars. And you will have to pay 8 AED for a water if you pay with Euro.

FlyDubai Customer review :  13 January 2014 by N Jaffan    (USA)

My wife and I took 2 flights with Fly Dubai - Dubai to Amman return. Onboard issues: legroom won't be an issue if you are shorter than 6' (which I'm not), yes I understand the business model is a low-cost carrier but paying for water? The IFE is useless unless you want to watch the flight map so be prepared to pay for any sort of entertainment. My main concern with Fly Dubai however is that both flights were each over 1 hour late. Having reviewed some forums about Fly Dubai this seems to be a trend of theirs. What made this worse is that our return flight was followed by an international connection and in addition to the unexplained 1 hour delay our checked bags took 1 hour to come out. We came within minutes of missing our connection so beware if you have a connection and a Fly Dubai flight is involved - you'd better consider giving yourself more than enough time in between flights to account for their unreliability of avoid them altogether.

FlyDubai Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Brian Levy    (Ireland)

Dubai to Doha. Flight was terrible. The mostly young crew was the loudest, most obnoxious crew I've ever come across in 30 years of travel. They spent the entire flight loudly laughing and exchanging jokes among themselves in the galley, disturbing the passengers. To make matters worse, one very irritating female flight attendant was criticizing some passengers (using curse words), not caring whether anyone heard her or not. Her behavior is simply unacceptable. Never ever again.

FlyDubai Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Nadim Hasbani    (UAE)

My wife and I boarded a Flydubai flight when she was 7 months pregnant (which is allowed by all international airlines and she had the necessary doctor papers to take this flight). To cut a long story short, the ground staff of Flydubai refused to give us the seats we paid 200 AED extras for. That was fine (security always takes priority) but they refused also to give us alternative seats suitable for a pregnant woman, gave us ad-hoc seats totally unsuitable for pregnancy and separated us on top of this. Staff used an inappropriate tone. On board, things were not much better and the offensive tone staff used made even other passengers take our defence. We finally managed to get appropriate seats thanks to other passengers. To ad to this, the pre-purchased meal we ordered and paid for was not available on the plane.

FlyDubai Customer review :  4 November 2013 by F Harle    (South Africa)

Dubai - Kathmandu return. Both flights delayed by an hour and very busy. Outbound, agents at the gate wisely checked in lots of hand luggage into the hold (for free) due to minimal storage space onboard. Outbound flight had no IFE and was disappointed with no inflight magazine (but then they have taken out the seat pockets so there would be nowhere to put it anyway!). Return flight was on a brand new brilliant B737 with personal IFE and mood lighting. Excellent crew who handled a medical emergency well, and all were very engaging with passengers - really good to see. Transfer to T3 to connect with Emirates was smooth although distances are long so it takes time. Had to collect boarding pass in DXB which wasn't the case when checking in out the inbound - be good to resolve this - although reassuring that he baggage tickets were scanned and confirmed and all arrived at final destination.

FlyDubai Customer review :  21 October 2013 by K Redwine    (UAE)

Overall I was impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of FlyDubai and staff. Several negatives stand out, however, that fellow travelers should pay attention to. First, you need to understand the business model requires paying extra for everything. Your assigned seat, any checked luggage, water or food on the flight, inflight entertainment - you name it. The first flight I was on had no video onboard, not even screens on the center aisle. Second, the return flight had video but the quality of the touch screens was so poor and unmanageable that I was not even tempted to watch a movie for fear of it being messed up. I noticed very few people watching movies on the screen - instead they read or watched movies on the tablets. I also noticed that the flight staff struggled to get the touch screens they used to work. They had to keep touching them to get it to respond. They really should fix that. The flight staff were professional but only one of the two stewardesses was friendly. Thirdly, the return flight was delayed one hour with no explanation from the rather unfriendly ground crew who were running the door. As a result we got into Dubai 40 minutes late - and then we had to wait 30 minutes to get our luggage after getting through passport control! This was very frustrating at the end of a long day, especially as there is no excuse for this is a modern airport. I don't think I will fly the airline again because on top of this I had to pay AED 640 for my car to be parked for 5 days in long term parking. Coming from Abu Dhabi to Dubai I would have been better to take a cab. This is not the airlines fault but fellow travelers would do well to be aware of this one.

FlyDubai Customer review :  11 October 2013 by K Lawrence    (UAE)

FlyDubai to Colombo, September 2013: Their home base, Terminal 2 in Dubai in my opinion, is unpleasant, inconvenient, and facilities are lacking. Secondly, what's with the 3 hour check-in requirement? The check-in took forever - our agent was really slow. The aircraft are admittedly smallish, but then again, its a 737 and not a 777 or A380, so its to be expected. Interior was clean and in a good state of repair. The F/As, in my opinion, had a more natural and genuinely friendly demeanour compared to Emirates' crew. Perhaps because the FlyDubai crew were quite young. They seemed to enjoy their jobs. Legroom was fine for me, as I am not that tall. F/A service was adequate and quite prompt. Food purchased from the menu was not bad at all for a low cost airline. Alcohol is overpriced at AED 40 for a whisky. The 737 is obviously not the fastest plane versus the 777 for instance, so I found the duration of the trip to be a little more tiresome as a result. I will fly FlyDubai again, but only for family trips, and only in their new business class offering.

FlyDubai Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Dubai to Beirut, 8/08/2013. Flight supposed to depart at 8am but as we were about to take-off, a medical emergency delayed the plane for almost 2 hours. Even though the flight attendants were apologetic, the captain didn't bother once to speak to passengers or tell us what was going on. During the 2 hours delay, we were left in the plane with no air-conditioning of any kind. Passengers began to get agitated and tempers frayed. Only after many passengers began to complain loudly that we were allowed to board buses to wait until the situation was dealt with. I have to admit that the flight attendants were professional and were doing their best to deal with a serious situation, but shame on the captain for not once bothering to tell us what was being done. I will fly with them again since they offer good fares and connections, but their pilots should be better trained.

FlyDubai Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Daniel Ansell    (UAE)

CMB-DXB. As a Brit I had reservations about flying with a low cost airline, for those of you reading this from Europe, you will be aware what low cost actually means. The competitors such as EZY/RYR are awful, and I was expecting a similar experience. The pre sales experience was not good, however when I checked in at the airport the crew were lovely, moving our pre booked seats to better locations on the aircraft. Check-in staff seemed strict with baggage rules, thankfully we were under our baggage limits are paying only 40AED to purchase an extra 10KG! Anyway boarded the aircraft and it was amazing. Brand new Boeing, mood lighting, specious, comfortable, lovely crew, brilliant service, on time! Would recommend FlyDubai to anyone!

FlyDubai Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Usman Amaan    (Pakistan)

SKT-DXB-SKT. Flight to Dubai: FZ 338, 20 May, 05.45. Return to Sialkot: FZ 337, 24 May, 00.30. My overall my experience with Fly Dubai was great. Plane was very good but not spacious. Crew co-operative and friendly. Overall, journey was very nice except couple of things as I mentioned before. They shouldn't apply charges for at least, a cup of tea/coffee, soft drink, water etc. Would recommend if the seating was wider and there were no entertainment charges. Overall, a nice journey with Fly Dubai.

FlyDubai Customer review :  7 May 2013 by F Weeren    (Kuwait)

The Ryanair of the Middle East. Last week flew KWI-DXB-MCT return. My knees have still not recovered from the totally inadequate legroom and seat pitch as well as the incredibly badly-designed Recaro seats which had Phillips-head screws mounted exactly where one's knees meet the seatbacks. The planes were clean, and are not covered with tacky advertising, but literally everything on board - even water - costs extra. The personnel onboard varies, on the KWI-DXB leg, the cabin attendants were extremely strict in their enforcement of seat-backs in the upright position for take-off, whereas on other legs, they were not really interested in coming out of the galley at all. One flight used a 737-800 without any entertainment system, all others had the in-seat screens, but except for the in-flight map everything else costs extra. Duty-free service is wildly overpriced. DXB airport's terminal 2, the "home" of FlyDubai, has some of the filthiest restrooms I have seen. Never again.

FlyDubai Customer review :  2 April 2012 by Taleb Noureddine    (Bahrain)

BAH-DXB-BAH. Great value for money and not bad timing. BAH-DXB, the seats were so bad I couldn't recline mine. No kind of display with any information or moving maps. DXB-BAH. This trip was much better, better leg room, PTVs for each passenger. I would fly it again, but not on a journey of more than 2 hours.

FlyDubai Customer review :  27 February 2012 by S Widdows    (Japan)

MUC-DXB last week. Flight was actually pretty good - decent aircraft, good communications from the cockpit about waiting time to land at a congested DXB. The problem was the absolutely terrible attitude of the gate staff at Muscat airport. He turned up just a few minutes before departure time, with most passengers standing there wondering what was going on. Far from explaining or apologizing, he was simply rude to the passenger in front of me who enquired about the delay, then snatched the boarding passing out of my hand without a word.

FlyDubai Customer review :  26 February 2012 by De Jaysankar    (Armenia)

Good ground support, onboard, roomy leg space, well-behaved flight attendants, etc. even though it's a budget airline. Flights were delayed on EVN-DXB-LKO route but the return was smooth. I would highly recommend using their service to people who knows what they pay for and keep their expectations accordingly.

FlyDubai Customer review :  4 February 2012 by N Datta    (Denmark)

DXB-DOH-DXB. Check-in in DXB acceptable but flight to DOH was horrible. Boarding chaotic, seats very poor but okay for a short trip on a LCC. FA terrible and unable to control any aspects of his flight. Passengers very rude and disobeying any announcements eg. turning off phones etc. People were talking in their phones during taxiing and take off and FA saw this but could not care less. Return was even worse. Check-in beyond words. Check-in staff looks at you while standing in line, but even when it is your turn they looked away and would not offer to check in. I actually had to ask them several times if the would be so kind as to check me in. Again, FA completely unable to control passengers. I asked FA to address or handle the situation regarding phone calls, passengers directly acting rude towards other passengers, but only to get yelled at. I guess it is more important to yell at people feeling unsafe because of other passengers who do not comply with safety standards than handling the situation correctly.

FlyDubai Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Georges El Hanna    (Qatar)

We booked an indirect flight from Doha to Beirut and one stop in Dubai. Flight Doha to Dubai was delayed and they didn't inform us properly. FlyDubai manager confirmed that once we arrived in Dubai, the second flight would be available as per our booking. Unfortunately, our flight took off and we had to sleep with our child in Dubai airport for 8 hours. Definitely will not booked again.

FlyDubai Customer review :  27 November 2012 by Ruben Vaidya    (USA)

Kathmandu-Dubai, en route to JFK, back and forth. I have nothing positive to say about the flight. The timing of the flight was changed 3 times. I had brought the ticket for a good transit time from Dubai, which was changed, making an 8 hour transit about 2 weeks prior to the flight. On arrival to the airport I was informed that the flight timing was again changed to the original time, making me wait at Kathmandu Airport for another 4 hours, for no reason. No prior information/emails or apologies were given. The cabin itself was too crowed with tiny seats crammed up in a small space. The air condition was not working and it was very hot and humid in the cabin, with no help from the crew members on complaining regarding this problem. I was highly disappointed with Fly Dubai.

FlyDubai Customer review :  22 November 2012 by A Sneddon    (UK)

My Kathmandu-Dubai flight was originally booked for 18.45. This was changed about a week before departure to 21.55. The night before this was changed again to 14.35. On arrival at the airport there were plenty of passengers all ready to check in for the 14.35. No FD staff were present and we heard the flight was delayed until 18.45. At 3 the gate finally opened and we were told there never was a 14.35 flight and our travel agents must have made a mistake - even though the departure time on our boarding passes was 14.35! Flight eventually took off an hour late. In the 7 hours wait no-one from FD offered an apology, an explanation or even a cup of tea. Cabin crew refused to give us complimentary food. I will not use this airline again.

FlyDubai Customer review :  13 November 2012 by Dusan Pavlovic    (Oman)

Belgrade-Dubai-Muscat on 2 Nov 2012. At the time of checking-in / boarding in Belgrade I was informed that my booked flight Dubai-Muscat was cancelled and I got a boarding pass for a later flight which was not acceptable. Informed that flight was cancelled due to ‘economic reasons’ (not enough passengers?). E-mail from Flydubai informing about my options sent too late. Upon arrival to Dubai airport there was nothing I could do, had to purchase a ticket to Muscat for the first available flight, much more expensive of course. Flydubai is not a ‘low cost’ company at all, if you add baggage, drinks, terrible conditions at Flydubai building at Dubai airport, etc. + high risk of cancellation you get almost the same price as any other ‘normal’ company.

FlyDubai Customer review :  12 November 2012 by J Thomas    (UK)

The negative reviews of FlyDubai must have been written by people who have never flown Ryanair. Flight from Kabul to Dubai was on time. Aircraft brand new. Legroom excellent. Staff charming. Choice of food limited, expensive, but tasty enough. Best of all you can buy alcohol - which after a long dry spell in Afghanistan is a treat - even on a breakfast-time flight!

FlyDubai Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Philip Reed    (Afghanistan)

Really disappointed! Flight from Kabul delayed by 6 hours and I missed connecting flight. Customer service at Dubai terminal 2 was non existent and I had to pay for new flight. I complained and they suggested I travel into Kabul to book with their agency. I made clear my company would not let me travel in Kabul due to the security risk. I received no reply after this. I will never travel with this company again and will find alternative airline even if the costs more.

FlyDubai Customer review :  30 October 2012 by Michelle Bakelmun    (UAE)

We flew from UAE to Turkey by another discount airline with our carry on luggage. Returning we flew FlyDubai. We shopped and accumulated check-in luggage - what a mistake. We tried to purchase the credit for this online and couldn't. Getting to the airport, we were prepared to pay for this extra luggage. Then we learned what the 7kg rule is. They weighed my purse, carry on luggage and this extra checked in luggage and then deducted the 7kg off to calculate my total cost for checked in luggage. The other airline didn't even look at my carry on luggage, more less than weighed it. At a cost of 10Euros a kg, this was absurd and a costly lesson flying FlyDubai. It didn't help that the staff behind the desk couldn't explain the situation.

FlyDubai Customer review :  12 October 2012 by Frank Epple    (Germany)

Erbil/Arbil to Dubai. Flight quite empty so lots of space, however seating would have been quite comfortable even if the flight had been fuller - I had less legroom on much more renowned carriers (as a 187 cm person). Clean aircraft, cabin staff friendly, seating comfortable, in seat IFE - however films and music have to be paid for as do food and drinks (pricing acceptable). Nice additional benefit: arrival in Terminal 2 in DXB - no queues on immigration as compared to Terminal 1, so this is one very strong argument to fly flyDubai!

FlyDubai customer review :  10 August 2012 by Elias Malkoun (UAE)

Supposed to fly on FZ159 to Beirut at 6.45 pm, flight delayed 40 min. When they announced boarding I went to the gate and stood in the queue. The board was showing Beirut FZ 159 final call. The queue did not move for almost 30 min, when I reached the gate I was informed I was offloaded from the flight because I reported late to the gate. In fact the gate had started boarding another flight to Bahrain. When I explained to the Fly Dubai staff that I was waiting for 30 mins they simply neglected me and said nothing could be done. When I showed the board to the staff reading the Beirut flight, they got confused and immediately changed it to Bahrain. The only way out of this was to buy another ticket and wait 5 hours at the airport to catch the next flight to Beirut that will land at 3 am. Terrible experience.

FlyDubai customer review :  9 August 2012 by Giridhar Penumarti (UAE)

I regularly use flydubai flying DXB-MCT-DXB sector and nearly all flights except one have been on time. Nearly all aircraft's now have the new AVOD system installed except for A6-FDX, which is one of the older aircraft. Despite this, I have found that some screens do not work unless you furiously tap on it and use some force and others simply do not work at all. The seats are comfortable with some recline, though it would not matter on a short 45-50 min flight. The food is decent although a bit expensive. Inflight duty free is small but is as usual expensive. The crew are friendly and helpful. Recently however I have found that one aircraft has begun to show it's age, with the plastic window cover breaking off exposing the insulation as well as the plastic cover of emergency exit light on the emergency exit wing door coming loose, though this is something that maintenance department can easily repair.

FlyDubai customer review :  25 July 2012 by Kieran Murphy (UAE)

Have been using Flydubai for a year now, on average 10 flights a month, and in that time not one flight has departed on time and numerous flights cancelled. Everything about this airline falls short of recognised customer service levels, nothing is geared towards customer needs - from the online portal, check in to in flight service and punctuality.

FlyDubai customer review :  25 June 2012 by Bidya Joshi (Nepal)

Very poor service. Flew from Kathmandu to Dubai. Even a glass of water had to be purchased. Lost a connecting flight to New York due to it's delay. Officials at Dubai airport don't take any complaints of the Dubai based airlines. Stranded in the airport for 24 hours. Very poor service of Fly Dubai.

FlyDubai customer review :  25 June 2012 by Khalid Alali (UAE)

Flydubai is acceptable from Dubai to other destinations. I took flydubai every week for 4 months. During that time period, flights are typically 30 minutes late. Ground staff and cabin crew are relatively friendly. It is inconvenient that they do not offer online check-in. But, flydubai is absolutely horrible from Dammam to Dubai. The ground staff leave the check in counter one hour before the flight and there is absolutely no one to help you afterwards in the airport.

FlyDubai customer review :  18 June 2012 by J Speer (USA)

Flew DXB to MCT and back same day. One flight on old 737 with no video. The return had the new cabin with nice video. I was surprised how early they were calling for last call, as arrived 1.5 hours early and was marked last call. Was very nervous but had plenty of time and both flights were on time and about 90% full. I bought the tickets one day before and it was still a great price. I was annoyed about paying for seat selection, and glad I did not have any baggage. Beware to mark your baggage when you book, as saw lots of people unhappy at check in having to pay extra. Overall fine for low cost carrier.

FlyDubai customer review :  18 June 2012 by O Serrano (Spain)

What to say? The earlier flight to Kabul was canceled due to sandstorms but we only knew after they call us all for boarding, only 3 minutes later when in the queue, we were told to sit back as there were delays. Only persons chasing the staff found out about the cancellation, and then in order to leave the airport, they took all 120 passports and disappeared for 4 hours while the visa was cancelled, with no further information to passengers. The poor information along with the staff hiding behind a cop who was the one giving the answers, yelling at us and almost arresting a couple passengers that were complaining (In Dubai foreigners don't have the right to protest or demonstrate) proved they take advantage of it in order to skip passenger's complaints. Once in the aircraft next day, the plane turns into a bazaar. Everything is to pay for, including inflight entertainment. You can pay to have something else than the news scroll, such as some TV series, and pay more to access the movies. The plane was clean, the seats very unconfortable.

FlyDubai customer review :  7 June 2012 by Khawla Amin (Qatar)

Doha to Amman via Dubai. Terrible experience from start to finish. Flights late on both legs. Harried and rude staff at Dubai airport. One has to pay for everything on board including water! Not as cheap as other low carriers and yet offer much less than most of them. Never again.

FlyDubai customer review :  10 April 2012 by F Harvey (UAE)

DXB-MCT. A rather disappointing experience as the flight ended up departing 5 hours behind schedule. There was no real reason given and no flydubai staff were available for information once inside the departure terminal. The flight itself was fine once it departed and the cabin crew were courteous. For the difference in fare, I would consider flying with a standard airline which treat passengers better in the event of long delays.

FlyDubai customer review :  3 March 2012 by Vipul Reddy (Australia)

DXB-KTM on 737NG. Both flights on time. Service on both outbound and inbound was fantastic. Moderate amount of seat space and legroom. Did not have any inflight entertainment onboard this journey, seems like only selected aircrafts have them. FA's very attentive and friendly. No complaints with this new low cost carrier.

FlyDubai customer review :  25 January 2012 by Waleed Mustafa (Jordan)

AMM-DXB. The check-in was very fast, the flight was 30 mins late. Aircraft B737-800 with AVOD, and you pay for a movie, the screens are not touch-sensitive, so dealing with it was very difficult. Also too expensive for a low cost flight experience.

FlyDubai customer review :  11 January 2012 by Ahmed Jaber (UAE)

IST-DXB. Transport to Sabiha airport has become easy with regular coaches. Not as cheap as other low cost airlines. Flight departed on time. Noticed check-in counter was very picky with overweight baggage / hand luggage. Plane was a new 737-800 however only 25% of AVOD screens were functioning. Some did not switch on while others had lost their sensitivity to touch making them useless. Clean cabin and ok crew. Too expensive for a low-cost airline.

FlyDubai customer review :  10 January 2012 by J Preston (Canada)

Customer service is non-existent. On both our outgoing and return trip, all flights were changed and/or cancelled. A 5 hr layover became 10 hrs on our outward journey. No accommodation made for this layover. Our return flight was cancelled and when we phoned to make alternate arrangements, we were lied to by staff who told us we had already agreed to a change some days prior which was false. The next day we spent 5 hrs at the airport before flying. Upon our arrival in Dubai we were had missed our connecting flight by 20 mins and had a 13 hr layover. It took 5 hrs before we were put up at a local hotel. There was never any apology nor admittance on behalf of flydubai that they were at any time in the wrong. The $200 we saved did not cover the hours in airports nor the stress created by the last minute change in flights.

FlyDubai customer review :  17 November 2011 by Simon Maguire (UAE)

DXB-CMB-DXB on next generation 737. All flights were on time and crew friendly. Dubai check-in staff released emergency exit seats without payment which was added bonus. New 737 was impressive, much larger overhead storage facility and new seats were quite comfortable. AVOD system was interesting, you paid per movie/programme you watched via credit card or cash to crew. The buy onboard menu was also loaded onto the system and you could order food via the AVOD which was then delivered to your seat. Over all a pleasant flight and would use again.

FlyDubai customer review :  5 August 2011 by Azri Che Mukhtar (Malaysia)

DXB-HBE on 737-900. Flight was nice and cabin crew friendly. Seat was fine and the flight landed and leave on time.

FlyDubai customer review :  27 June 2011 by Fairul Mohamed Zain (Qatar)

Did a connecting flight with FlyDubai recently from Doha-Beirut via Dubai Terminal 2. Once we reached Dubai Terminal 2, the transit passengers have to wait at the so called transit hall ( just an empty area with few seats next to the immigration check ) and wait for the announcement being made to their onwards destination, only then are the passengers are allowed to enter the departure hall. No facilities provided at the 'transit hall' apart from one vending machine and few seats which obviously have been taken by other connecting passengers. The connecting passengers comfort is something that FlyDubai have to look into. Other than that, the flight was ok. Crews were attentive, cheap food onboard and there's IFE at every seat.

FlyDubai customer review :  3 April 2011 by M Chew (UAE)

Flydubai has become terribly unreliable. Same experience as previous comment; we booked our flights to Istanbul in Feb, they rescheduled in March and then changed our flights again 2 days before our rescheduled flight. We suffered lot of anxiety and incurred penalties due to changes of our tour itinerary in Turkey. You are better off booking with other airlines when you have connecting flights.

FlyDubai customer review :  28 March 2011 by Yuk Hei Poon (UAE)

I've lost all my confidence on Flydubai, an airline that keeps changing its flights. I booked DXB-SAW-DXB and paid in full. On 17 Mar they sent me a message saying my outbound flight had been cancelled and my inbound flight had been pushed back 11 hours due to a schedule change. They have no cash refund policy so there is no way I can get my money back - only a flydubai voucher which I am never going to use. For 1 week I struggle to change my travel plan, paying penalties for changing hotels / car rental / flights and also for my travel companion who start from another country. I am finally ready to change my flight to accommodate their new schedule but there was a "system error" and they promised to call back within 24 hours. Today I called again and to my shock they now revert to the original schedule! I can change my plans all again but who knows when they will change again!

FlyDubai customer review :  24 March 2011 by N Siotto (UAE)

I am taking this airline weekly on short haul routes, It's a no frills carrier but better than many standard ones back in Europe. New aircraft, excellent smiling service on board, cheap, punctual, comfortable and clean.

FlyDubai customer review :  20 January 2011 by A Alzuhairi (UAE)

DXB-DOH-DXB Outbound on new 737-800 with AVOD IFE. Excellent system were you pay for what you want to watch. Short programs to full length movies cost between $2 - $7. Games and following flight path is free. Food onboard was adequate and reasonably priced. All flights arrived early, and were 70% full. Leg room was quite tight, but it is a low cost airlines. Dubai Terminal 2 is reasonable, with a good variety of shops and restaurants. Cost was 30% of other airlines and definitely worth it.

FlyDubai customer review :  24 May 2010 by A Gacho (UAE)

DXB-ALY return. Terminal 2 in Dubai is ok, it became bigger since the last time I went there. Easy check-in and immigration process. Onboard, reasonably priced food selection, helpful FAs. Only confusing is that on our ticket it says we will land at HBE (Borg el Arab), surprising we arrived in ALY.

FlyDubai customer review :  20 April 2010 by David Graubard (USA)

DXB-DOH. Terminal 2 is fairly mundane compared to Terminals 1 or 3 at DXB but clean and less crowded. Check in lines were long for DOH check-in, but walked over to a counter showing another check in city and the agent checked us in in minutes. Flight boarded by bus and was organized. B737-800 clean and comfortable, flight attendants cordial and inflight food/shopping not over-priced.

FlyDubai customer review :  29 March 2010 by T Besler (Germany)

BEY-DXB return, excellent value for money. New B737-800. Onboard sales for a reasonable price. In DXB, they use T2 which is far from being welcoming. An inflight magazine would be ok on a 3hrs flight.

FlyDubai customer review :  17 March 2010 by Simon Maguire (UAE)

DXB-DOH return on new 737-800. Short flights of 45 mins and no problems. Very quick through terminal 2 straight on to plane. Return also problem free, bussed to plane in Doha which was at the furthest stand possible. Onboard crew friendly and efficient. Arrived back in Terminal two along with Mihin Lanka and Air India flight, which meant long Queues at immigration, however they moved quick enough and with no checked baggage I was in the taxi about 30 mins after landing!

FlyDubai customer review :  23 February 2010 by Simon Maguire (UAE)

Recently flew DXB-BEY-DXB. All flights leave from Terminal two in Dubai which is across the airfield from Terminals one and three. There are few amenities in the terminal, which is more likened to a Ryanair terminal than anything else. Cabin crew on both flights were friendly and on the out bound flight were extremely observent during safety checks, insisting that all window blinds were up etc.Seat pitch quite small for a three hour flight and it was a low cost experience with drinks and snacks being sold on board - far cheaper than anything available on european LLC and they handed out a free cup of water after take off. On the return I asked to be moved from pre assigned seats to emergency exit seats, the agent said he couldn't do it at the check in desk, but to ask him at the gate. I did and he manually changed the seats for us. Exit seats were fantastic and allowed us to stretch out fully. A pleasant enough experience but would only fly with them if the fare was very good.