PAGE loading ... please wait!

Cubana Airlines Passenger Reviews and Cubana Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Cubana Airlines Lounge Reviews

Cubana Airlines Economy Class seat reviews

Cubana Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Cubana Airlines Business class seat reviews

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Santiago de Cuba-Havana in an IL96. We arrived very early at the airport as recommended, and the check-in was quick and efficient but not very friendly. The flight was a domestic continuation of a flight from Paris, and operated on time. The seats on board had adequate legroom, but a hard bar across the lower back made them rather uncomfortable. While the boarding passes had allocated seats, in fact passengers could sit anywhere except in the front area which was for the international passengers (some young men not in uniform seemed to be security staff enforcing non-mixing of international and domestic passengers). For most of the flight the cabin lights were totally extinguished (it was an evening flight) and the personal reading lights didn't work. The cabin crew disappeared while the plane was in flight. No refreshments were served. On arrival the plane docked at the international terminal where, as ensured by the security staff, the passengers from Paris disembarked via an air bridge, while we were bussed a long way to the domestic terminal and waited a long time for our luggage. Overall Cubana is an effective and interesting way to get from A to B, but don't expect any frills. By the way, our booking through an international booking engine worked fine.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Vandepe Did    (Canada)

Flew YUL-CCC-YUL. Flight was 2 hours late, no announcement made at check in or gate, we only found out about the delay by looking at the airport screens. Plane is a bus with wings, an old A320 leased from avion express, no TV, no magazines, only reading material was the safety card, no air sickness bag. Poor service on board, pressed the call button but no flight attendant came by (needed water for medicine). For the bar service the flight attendant ran down the aisle, I didn't see them serve one alcoholic drink (need to pay) to anyone and finished the plane in 5 mins. The seat pitch is quite small and I'm 6'1 and was touching the seat in front of me. With no entertainment, makes it a very long flight! Wont be flying Cubana again.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Saggio    (USA)

The flight to and from Havana was fine. I felt safe even though it was an older plane. I felt that it would add to my Cuban experience to use their national airline. My biggest frustration was that both flights were quite late.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Bobby Giannakopoulos    (Canada)

YUL-HOG-YUL, Tropical class outbound Economy class return with an Airbus A320 lease from Avion Express on both legs. I chose Cubana airlines because it was a good price. All flights went smoothly despite a little delay on the return flight. Check in by my fellow colleagues in Montreal went smoothly, same thing was also in Holguin. I got an upgrade in Tropical class on my outbound flight which I found it was the same service in Economy class but the only difference was the meal and the seat. There was no entertainment during these 4 hours flights. The flight attendants were not very smiley and didn't interact that much with passengers, however they do take their jobs seriously. Cubana airlines is not the best airline but it's pretty fine and it has improved in the past 15 years. I would travel again with this them.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2013 by Elizabeth Godri    (Canada)

19 February 2013. Would you consider 22 hours of delay time acceptable? - 10 hour delay leaving Toronto and 12 hour delay leaving Cuba. Sleeping in Varadero Airport for 12 hours - staff were uncommunicative - no hello nor goodbye - did you enjoy the flight - absolutely nothing - no apology from the pilot. All other flights left both Toronto and Cuba with only an hour or two delay. We will never use Cubana Airlines again. No entertainment, very bad food.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2013 by Diane Clahane    (Canada)

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2012 by A Weinberg    (Australia)

Havana to Cancun economy class. Arrived at the airport to find the flight had been delayed by 1.5 hours. It took almost 2 hours to check in, clear immigration and go through security - airport is a bit chaotic. There was another hour delay which was not explained to us at all. Once on board, the flight experience was actually not too bad - flight attendants were professional and served us complimentary snacks and drinks. The aircraft was a new Tupolev 204-100E.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2012 by N Gray    (Canada)

My daughter and I flew to Holguin on May 8th. Everything was fine both ways except we didn't care for the food. There was no inflight entertainment but I always choose to read anyway. On the return we each had 3 seats to ourselves so we could sleep comfortably. Would definitely fly Cubana again.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2012 by A Labrecque    (Canada)

Aircraft going to Cuba was a little worn but the overall flight and service were quite acceptable. Coming home the aircraft was more updated and again quite acceptable. Both flights were smooth as were take offs and landings. No inflight entertainment, so if you are travelling with young children bring along a play kit. Also there is no inflight duty free shopping.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  27 April 2012 by Wendy Wright    (UK)

LGW to Havana via Holquin. Flight 2 hrs late. Plane was good, staff ok, food good and plenty of leg room. The only downside was the entertainment, it was awful - mostly re-runs and on the return 2 weeks later they showed exactly the same. For a 12 hr flight, very poor. On return, plane sat on runway for 40 mins but landed at LGW on time! Couldn't hear or understand any messages over tannoy system. Toilets clean and tidy. On return at Havana, they tried to charge us for overweight cases even though they were both well under the 30kilos allowance. Overall Cubana Airlines were very good and we would travel them again.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2012 by Paul Stanwix    (UK)

I flew out to Havana on 15th March. Delayed because of fog. Staff were friendly, the food ok. The flight was half full. I was asked if I wanted a couple of blankets, put my ear plugs in, spread out over 3 seats and fell asleep. Return trip was cancelled. Turned up at the airport, to be told "be here tomorrow at 15.30". They would have paid for an airport hotel, but I went back to the city. Journey back was hassle free and pleasant. The bonus was that I wasn't charged for my bicycle. Although my total luggage weight was about 40 kilos!

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2012 by A Saunders    (UK)

LGW to Havana via Holguin and Havana to LGW. Outgoing flight left an hour late but arrived on time. The food was fine and we got one alcoholic drink. Staff were friendly and as the plane was not full there was plenty of room to sleep over 3 seats. Toilets were fine. No inflight entertainment. On return, the flight left on time. There was inflight entertainment. Staff were friendly. Toilets clean and the food again fine although you got what you were given. Able to spread out as the plane was not full. Given it was an economy cabin I thought that it was value for money.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2012 by J Moore    (UK)

LGW-HOL and HAV-LGW. At the airport we stocked up on magazines, drinks and newspapers. The inflight entertainment is shocking, make sure you buy drinks etc at the airport because half way through the flight to Holguin they ran out of everything but beer and rum. Dinner was either a choice of Chicken or Beef on both flights and wasn't that bad. The seats were extremely uncomfortable and staff can barely speak English. Outbound to Holguin the plane was half full so we managed to move towards the back of the plane into a seat of two in the middle which meant more legroom. Couldn't hear the announcements whatsoever on both flights and couldn't hear the safety video. To be honest Cubana wasn't as bad as we were expecting, just make sure you're prepared with entertainment and drinks etc.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2011 by O Smith    (Mexico)

CUN-HAV-CUN. Both flights delayed for over an hour, and although service on the first flight was good, the second flight was terrible. Try to avoid or just be patient.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  14 December 2011 by V Penny    (UK)

Flight from Gatwick to Holguin was smooth and I was impressed with the food and legroom on the plane. However our next flight with them was a different story. We were flying to Havana at the crack of dawn and were informed there would be a stop off - after only 15 minutes in the air we arrived at another airport and had to disembark before we took off for Havana. If I thought that flight was bad I was in for a shock regarding the last flight home. 4 hours before we were due to leave to the airport we were told our flight was going to be delayed 11 hours. Returning to our hotel room we were told that it was delayed yet again but didn't have any idea for how long. Waited overnight to find out that another 18 hours delay was expected. When we finally got the airport there was a further 4 hour delay! So altogether a 33 hour delay which resulted in us missing our connecting flight back to Scotland and an overnight stay in Gatwick. Flight home also consisted of ham and cheese twice and no inflight entertainment and filthy toilets Will never fly them again.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2011 by J Arnold    (UK)

We flew out to Holguin 24 hours late, so we lost a days holiday. The service was poor, the food going out wasn't too bad but the only drink we had was served with the meal apart from water. The inflight entertainment was non existent which isn't good on a 10 hour flight. After a while the toilets were awful, dirty with no soap or toilet paper. Staff didn't seem to care, and had no interest in passengers. The flight coming home was delayed 6 hours, the food wasn't good - cold meat and cheese for the main meal which was very dry, and then for breakfast we were served a dry cheese and ham roll with no butter. Delays are apparently very common with Cubana. The flights spoilt what would have been a good holiday, next time we will fly Virgin.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2011 by S Wilson    (UK)

Outbound - My partner and I were travelling Gatwick to Cuba for a two week holiday. We got on the plane to discover the rubbery arm on my seat hanging off. As we took off my partners seat reclined along with the passenger sat in front of her. This continued every time we had a slight incline throughout the flight. About an hour into the flight I asked the stewardess if there would be any films, to which she replied "sometimes we do, sometimes we don't". Needless to say, on this occasion they didn't provide any. When the food cart arrived, we learned that they had already run out of wine, and as the flight progressed, they started to run out of every other liquid content. Inbound - An hour delay, we had still not boarded, no representative at the gate to advise us. Yet again, there was no inflight entertainment with no explanation. We had an average meal, which needless to say was our only highlight to this journey. My partner and I are frequent travellers, yet have never experienced such an embarrassing display of customer service.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  23 November 2011 by P De Valle    (USA)

CUN-HAV. We flew both legs of our journey on a newish Tu-204, which is similar to the 757. To be truthful I was disappointed that the flights weren't on the Yak-42D. The Tu-204 was modern and comfortable, although the seats were a bit hard. Flight staff were friendly and attentive enough, certainly on par with their US counterparts (which probably isn't saying much). The only downside was that both flights took off about an hour late.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2011 by S Chapman    (UK)

LGW-HOG. Economy class. Awful journey, inflight entertainment non-existent - crackly DVD showing Spanish cartoons and headphones system did not work. Seats broken and uncomfortable. Service very poor and could not hear any of the announcements. When I signalled for a stewardess to come and speak to me I was shrugged at. Temperature was high in the cabin throughout flight. HAV-LGW. Upgraded to Business Class, this was really worth it. Staff attentive and the food great. The entertainment (although audio still not working) was better quality. Upgrading to Business Class was like upgrading to get the quality of most other airlines I've flown with in Economy Class.

Cubana Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2011 by S Clarke    (UK)

Gatwick to Holguin. A technical fault delayed us for 5 hours and we were put up in a hotel. We had a 7.30 am call to be told we are going back to the airport but we were without food and drink vouchers. Finally at 6pm we get told to go back to the airport. We check-in for the second time wait and sit on the plane and wait. No communication from Cubana staff, for over an hour we are all getting more and more upset and frustrated. We had to get off the plane and told we couldn't get our luggage as Servisair had all gone home. We had to go through passport control again and by this time all passengers were upset and really angry. Cubana left it up to Gatwick staff to look after us and gave us blankets and mats to sleep on the floor which is a joke! We cancelled our holiday with Cubana and booked it with a reputable airline.

CUBANA AIRLINES customer review :  30 October 2011 by Sue Hart   (New Zealand)

Don't fly if you want to get somewhere on time. This airline seems to have far too few planes to operate the schedule - so they constantly re-route planes which means lengthy delays. We were trying to fly Cancun to Havana and got delayed 50 hours. They won't 'cancel' the flight because they then have to pay up to pax. On this leg they checked our bags in at the start so for the entire 50 hour delay, we had no bags and no assistance trying to get amenities. Same thing happened when we tried to return to Cancun a week later, delayed another 12 hours so our plane could fly a different route. Not prepared for another never ending delay, we bought AeroMexico flights - huge cost, but at least we got out without missing even more of the holiday.

CUBANA AIRLINES customer review :  6 October 2011 by A Lee   (USA)

CCS-HAV-CCS. Received 2 emails a week before the flights that both departure times changed and had to change connection flight on the return. Arrived 4 hrs early to make sure the time wasn't going to change again, but the flight was not listed on the departure board. 30 mins before we were supposed to take off there was a line to an unmarked check-in counter next to where we were told to wait, finally check-in and told to go to gate 21B, which doesn't exist but we all wait in the area of gate 21. 3 hrs later we are escorted to a bus that drives 10 mins away from the airport to an abandoned air strip. Ended up getting to Cuba around midnight and again they drive the bus away from the main terminal to another out of the way receiving area. Lost a day and gained unwanted stress on the way there.

CUBANA AIRLINES customer review :  1 September 2011 by M Peet   (UK)

LGW-HAV return. After queuing at check-in for well over 1 hr, with around 30 others were told our flight to Havana was overbooked. We all lost a day of our holiday. Similar shambles on return leg - I turned up at Havana airport 3 hrs before take-off only to see that my flight's departure time had been adjusted. Several poor souls who had the misfortune of turning up 2 hrs before the new take-off time were turned away due to the routine overbooking.

CUBANA AIRLINES customer review :  27 June 2011 by A Cunningham   (Australia)

MEX-HAV-MEX. Excellent experience both journeys. Newish Airbus A320, clean, good leg room and in great condition (possibly ex Taca). On time for both trips ( early departure out of Mexico City). Service was great, efficient and pleasant, also all crew bilingual (Spanish and English). Food absolutely fine (ham and cheese roll, muffin etc). Flights were booked direct with Cubana online and no hiccups with e ticket as issued.

1 2