bmi British Midland International Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

bmi British Midland Star ranking

Customer Review scoring : bmi British Midland
5.3 out of 10  5.3 out of 10

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Check bmi British Midland International passenger information in our customer travel guide

bmi British Midland Economy class seat reviews

New short-haul Business class seats comfortable

bmi British Midland Ranking

Good Business Class arrivals lounge at LHR

bmi British Midland Lounge Reviews

Angled long-haul A330 business class seat

bmi British Midland Aircraft Seat Plans

Complimentary meals available on all flights

bmi British Midland Business class seat reviews

30kg economy hold baggage allowance on mid/long haul flights

bmi British Midland Passenger seat tips

31 inch Economy Class seat pitch onA330's feels cramped

bmi British Midland International is now owned by IAG (owners of British Airways), and bmi ranking will end in Autumn 2012

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  29 October 2012 by David Stanley    (UK)

London - Freetown and back. I had the privilege to be on the last BMI flight from Freetown to London a few days ago. As always, the service on the ground and in the air was faultless. I have used many airlines in and out of Sierra Leone and the last couple of years with BMI and their new A330 have been by far the best. It was a very sad day knowing that the BMI era has come to an end. Thanks to all of the staff in the air and on the ground for a great airline which will be missed by many.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  24 September 2012 by Ian Bell    (UK)

TXL-LHR which BD operate for LH. I booked it at two hours notice due to a family emergency. LH ground staff at TXL could not have been more helpful, they got me the best seat they could which was 18C. I needed to leave the aircraft as quickly as possible on arrival and was travelling only with hand luggage. On boarding, I sensed 'couldn't care less' from the three crew members who from the word go seemed to regard passengers as an inconvenience to their day. Push back and take off were on time. In flight service began, a single soft drink was offered, nothing to eat and no seconds. Obviously the crew were really tested by this service as there were snaps and snarls rather than smiles. As advised by the LH ground staff, I approached the purser and explained to him the circumstances and asked if he was able to move my seat to help me leave the aircraft quickly. His response, when he finally stopped his conversation with his two colleagues for long enough to listen, he rolled his eyes and told me he'd heard it all before and there was nothing he could or was going to do to help. BMI, when it was British Midland was a good airline, on the basis of this experience, it's a good job the brand is disappearing.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  19 September 2012 by V Agarwal    (UK)

LHR-BEY-LHR. On check in their was a problem with my booking, the first agent didn't know what to do but thankfully his colleague did. On board the crew were very friendly and BMI is fast becoming my favourite airline. I asked what the movies were and was referred to the guide. The channels did not match what was in the magazine, when I showed the crew they realised they had loaded the wrong media so they loaded the film I wanted to see on an unused channel. Great service recovery. I'm not sure why wash bags were not offered to the passengers as they were on my BMI flight to TBS a week or two earlier, perhaps they have run out during the run up to the take over by BA. Luggage in BEY was waiting on the carousel. Return flight BEY check in staff were friendly and directed me to the lounge. The look was dull, space small and catering non existent. On board once again crew were excellent, did several rounds of drinks and were visible in the cabin. Noticed the lemon dessert was the same as on other BMI flights, for frequent flyers more rotations would be better. Luggage took about 30 minutes at Heathrow, even for business class passengers.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  22 August 2012 by V Agarwal    (UK)

LHR-TBS-LHR. The check-in agent in T1 was friendly and dealt with my request promptly. As I boarded the aircraft the crew manager gave a warm welcome and set the tone for all the crew who were very pleasant. The food presentation was original and reading the wine guide gave a sense of the personality of the buyers. The flight arrived early and by the time I cleared immigration my bag was waiting for me. On the return journey the Tiblisi customer service staff were also very friendly and I was pleased to see it was the same crew as on the outbound journey. Excellent on-board service and the flight arrived into London 30 minutes ahead of schedule. I only had to wait 5 minutes for my bag to arrive.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  8 August 2012 by K Alhussain    (UK)

We checked in and went to the gate. The flight was delayed 1 hour, then 2, and then cancelled! Heathrow security took all passengers to the baggage claim area to take their bags and up to the departure area to book new flights. No one from BMI came to talk to us or even apologize. 300 passengers stood at the ticketing counter (only 3 desks were working) and when the passengers showed their frustration they called for them the airport police! We left the second day on Egyptair via Cairo. Until today we did not get any email or anything such as an apology or explanation for the cancellation.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  20 July 2012 by S Mann    (UK)

I recently decided to take a trip with bmi as they are soon to be taken over by British airways and I was not disappointed ! Aircraft was a erj145 and had plenty of space, the flight was stated to depart at 14.00 and departed at 14.02 and arrived in Heathrow at about 14.40. The service of complimentary food and drink was a nice touch and enough for the length of the flight. Flight back delayed with no explanation given. We eventually left just over an hour late. Airbus A320 was in very good shape with nice leather seats and the not even half full plane gave plenty of space, the crew on both legs were chatty and friendly. It is a shame bmi shall soon be British airways.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  17 July 2012 by E Anuth    (USA)

We were recently on a flight from Dublin to Heathrow in Economy seats that were sold by American Express as Business Class tickets. They called them Class Z. The ticket price was an outrageous $500.00 for 2 tickets. There was no business class on this plane but we knew that we were entitled to business class baggage rules which allowed more luggage weight than economy. First they changed our confirmed seats. Then on check in the attendant tried to charge us overweight fees because our luggage was too heavy for economy class. Upon boarding the plane my husband had the window seat and I was supposed to sit in the middle seat. It was so narrow my hips touched both sides. Upon complaining loudly, the attendant moved the armrests and said it was actually a child's seat before evidently. It was a one hour flight.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  9 July 2012 by J Ross    (UK)

Very disappointed with British Midland/British Airways. Had booked my final connection flight with BMI from LHR to Belfast, flights were then changed by the different airline I was flying with. Had hoped that BMI would change my flight for free as a gesture of good will. However the agent I spoke to was rude and a little aggressive. I explained the situation and all he said was it would be 50 plus anything if the second flight was more expensive. The told me I could get a refund of 8 for my flight, not much of a refund of my money, apparently it was a non refundable flight. Would like to point out that EasyJet only charged me 25 to change my flight.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  11 June 2012 by T McLaughlin    (UK)

LHR-BHD-LHR (June 2012) Usual service from BMI, and I sincerely hope BA will maintain this route to BHD. I noticed there were 4 BA check in desks at LHR T1 adjacent to the BMI desks. As I had booked my flight with BA, I thought I would check in at the BA desks - as there was no queue. Foiled - they will only check you in if flying on a BA flight re-numbered from BMI!

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  7 June 2012 by Dawit Mekonnen    (Ethiopia)

ADD-LHR-ADD. On first leg stopover in Beirut and second leg stopover in Amman Jordan. AVOD/IFE unavailable. Old aircraft. Attendants very polite. On time take off and landing both times. Food was disappointing. Overall given the price not too bad an experience but for a 10 ish hour flight IFE should have been better.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  31 May 2012 by Kelly Duvalier    (USA)

We travelled from LHR to CMN round trip (Heathrow to Casablanca Morocco) and found the flight to be comfortable and safe. Our luggage arrived safely and personnel were friendly. Food was just ok. I believe it was a hot closed sandwich, which was very much appreciated. Check-in was easy. I brought a copy of their luggage allowance just in case but had no problems.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  15 May 2012 by E Easton    (Australia)

Early morning flight from Leeds to Brussels delayed due to unscheduled pick-up of passengers at Nottingham. Many people on business were late for meetings. Apparently this is a regular occurrence. Missed our connection to Marseilles - spent 4 hours at Brussels airport being sent from counter to counter trying to re- book onto next flight. Arrived at Marseilles at 5pm instead of 11am. Our boarding pass was messed up at Leeds and we were not given any baggage receipts. Would not travel bmi again.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  8 May 2012 by S Redfern    (UK)

London to Moscow return. Both flights on time. Outward overnight flight on a A321 - the plane was clean, service was pretty good, very personal. Inward flight was on A320 - again the plane was clean, well maintained, food and service were outstanding. Hope this doesn't change after the take-over.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  1 May 2012 by A Ihao    (UK)

HAJ-LHR, ERJ 145 - Flight was half empty, maybe 15 people for 45 seats! Nice, clean cabin but old leather seats. Only 1 cabin crew, who was nice and helpful. No free bar service like other LH/BA/IB group carriers. Value for money is very low, if not absent. I would like to see BA takeover this route and make it more profitable, however its highly unlikely. HAJ is a very efficient airport with good stores in the building. Would not recommend BMI at all considering their very high fares on European destinations.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  27 April 2012 by B Shanmugam    (UK)

Airline staff at BMI in Belfast George Best City Airport were unfriendly. The lady at the check-in counter complained that we should have used the computer terminal to check-in. We were unable to do the online check-in because of travelling with an infant. Further to that, check-in staff allocated a seat in the last row for my family travelling with an infant. We were the last to get off the plane when our connecting time in Heathrow was only 1.5 hours! Staff knew this very well after our long discussion with BMI counter staff when they were unable to issue the connecting boarding pass for our onward flight.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  24 April 2012 by Alistair Peckham    (USA)

ABZ-LHR the connecting to UA. Check-in had to be done at the kiosk then drop luggage point. Was a bit pointless as the agent had to re-check me in. On the plus side they did not charge me for excess baggage weight which was over 7 kgs. Flight was delayed due to fire alarm at the airport which left an hour late. EMB145 operated by regional, forgot how small it was. Onboard service nil. Flight crew were very informative and in the end reduced the delay only to 30mins once we arrived at LHR.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  24 April 2012 by S Clarke    (UK)

I hope BA/IAG restore BMI to it's former glory, Lufthansa have not provided a good service. The diamond club call centre is painfully awful, and their current routes are pathetic. I used to fly with them regularly (Spain mostly) but they do not fly to anywhere I need/want to go now. Lufthansa are incredibly good on their own, but they have treated BMI like the poor relation.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  21 April 2012 by J Milne    (UK)

MAN-LHR. A319 aircraft. Originally meant to fly on embraer 145 jet. Was disappointed of change of aircraft. Cabin crew professional and efficient throughout. New cabin interior was nice and comfortable for 35 minute flight. Will miss bmi when it gets taken over from British Airways. bmi offer good service like BA, but with much more competitive fares.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  12 April 2012 by Tony McLaughlin    (UK)

LHR-BHD-LHR. Never a problem with this airline, however their LHR T1 check-in can get busy as it is also the check-in for Lufthansa, Austrian and a few other airlines. Brand new or refurbished A319s, and good crews. Had row 8 on the return leg, and I noticed it was in front of the curtain for business class. However the cabin crew were all over this, and the paying catering service was started at Row 6. Having said that on the A319, all the seats are the same, with only Row 1 offering extended legroom.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  11 April 2012 by Robert Szocik    (UK)

MAN-LHR-WAW booked via Star Alliance partner LOT, domestic legs with bmi. bmi cancelled the outgoing domestic flight twice, without informing me of the changes, LOT informed me of the second change. I eventually flew to LHR with BA as I couldn't risk missing my flight to WAW. Well over an hour was spent on phone to the bmi call centre, who were very obstructive at times, and kept telling me to phone LOT. Changes were eventually made through bmi. Return flight to MAN was fine - a comfortable Embraer 145 with the usual excellent onboard crew.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  10 April 2012 by Andrew Dixon    (UK)

LHR-AMM-LHR on A320. Check-in and boarding at LHR and AMM easy. Both flights completely full. Condition of both aircraft good, and seat reasonably comfortable. Food poor, and service from cabin crew very average.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  9 April 2012 by Nigel Stacey    (UK)

Had a couple of days in Aberdeen and flew BMI both ways on an ERJ145. Flights were on time, the plane was nice and clean, the seats were leather and comfortable and the service was very good. Had no complaints at all, I would fly with them again.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  26 March 2012 by Mark Hurter    (Switzerland)

LHR-BSL. Codeshare with LX. BMI plane with LH interior. Web check-in went well (only 24 hours before flight only). Purser very friendly and chatty. 2 other crew members, one professional, one not interested at all. Nice warm wrap served. Surprised to given hot food. Full bar service. Flight good for price. No IFE.

bmi British Midland International Customer review :  23 March 2012 by P Eidoff    (UK)

As an addition to my review on 15 March, BMI have now rescheduled my departing flight Man-FRA as well, How on earth can anyone make plans if they do not stick to their schedules. I will avoid them from now on which means avoiding Heathrow.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8