Alaska Airlines Passenger Reviews and Alaska Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Alaska Airlines  3-Star Airline Ranking

Alaska Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by Suzanne Allemeier (Canada)

Just flew from Vancouver to San Diego via LAX with Alaska. 2nd segment was with a Delta Regional operating for Alaska. My bag, which was checked through, did not arrive. Airport rep said it was the 3rd day in a row this had happened on the Vancouver flight. When I called Alaska to find out why this known problem was not addressed and why I was the third day victim, the rep kept trying to tell me it was Delta's fault and then hung up on me.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2013 by A Craig (Australia)

BLI to HNL on 26 December 2012. Alaska's in-flight staff were excellent on this flight. Three beverage services and free mai tai's before landing. The rented Digiplayer was delivered promptly after take-off. Staff were all very cheerful and did their best to make our flight enjoyable. Excellent work.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2013 by R Crawford (USA)

Excellent flight on new 739-900ER yesterday (AS 109) from SEA to ANC. Excellent crew and great service, all in light on a very bumpy flight due to strong winds along the route. Last few flights on AS have really been good with on time departures and arrivals.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2012 by Jannie Every (USA)

I have been sitting in Calgary airport for 4 hours with little communication from the staff as to what is going on. First they have us board the plane, and the plane is not even functioning. Then they have us sit on the plane for over an hour before telling us what is going on. Then finally they instruct everyone to get off the plane and wait. And wait. And still waiting. Finally an hour later they board us again saying everything is repaired and we are ready to go. Oh but wait, we are still sitting here waiting, with no communication from the flight team. I will never fly them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by A Chun (USA)

I flew from DFW to Seattle, then on to Honolulu. Interior of the planes are shabby and worn. Seats are hard and narrow with minimum recline. No pillows, blankets or footrests. FA tossed a bag of mixed nuts toward my hubby by the window seat, couldn't she have handed it to him?

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2012 by Alex Hill (USA)

I started flying another airline about 2 years ago, but today decided to give Alaska another chance. I was sorely disappointed. The ticketing agents, greeted me with frowns and a cold mechanical demeanour. The woman managing the line was condescending and seemed irritated with everyone. When I boarded, I found my seat, 3-A, to not fully recline. The amount of leg room wasn't enough to cross my leg at the ankle, and the general appearance was worn out and dirty. Once we were in the air, the man in front of me reclined, and I was no longer able to reach my bag under the seat. Now I would expect this in a coach seat, but again, they're calling this first class. I was served a lacklustre, although well presented breakfast of eggs with tomato and asparagus, a potato cake and fresh (ish) fruit. The flight attendant in my cabin was prompt and polite, but the announcement about Alaska air credit cards droned on for what seemed like an eternity. Alaska built a reputation with exceptional customer service and a clean, well maintained fleet of aircraft. Today, booth there workforce and equipment seems to be in need of a serious overhaul.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2012 by W Smith (USA)

I fly Alaska a lot - MVP Gold for several consecutive years. I maintain this status mainly through partner airline miles. The main reason I stick with Alaska is that they have direct flights to two of my primary destinations from SEA where other airlines have stops in between. Service on Alaska is wildly variable. One flight will be the best service I can remember and the very next flight will be painful and unpleasant. So - if you are lucky and get a newer aircraft and a good crew, you are good to go. If, on the other hand, you get one of the worn-out planes and/or a crew that couldn't care less if you were there or not.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 November 2012 by C Logiacco (Australia)

Flew from SFO to Seattle, Seattle to LA and then Seattle to SFO. Check in and boarding was seamless - for each flight we departed either on time or ahead of the scheduled departure time and luggage was always ready to be picked up within 20 mins of exiting the aircraft. Flight crew are friendly. Will fly with them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by Varsha Agarwal (USA)

SFO to Seattle. Printed my boarding pass and was waiting to board my late night flight back to Seattle which was delayed by 3 hours. When I checked my options for changing the flight, I was told its a non refundable ticket and to change was $100. Staff do not appear trained to be polite and offer service. We waited for passengers from a connecting flight to arrive, this consumed another 30 minutes.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2012 by D Winkowski (USA)

I choose Alaska over United on my flights from LAX to PDX or SEA because they fly 737 and not commuters and offer a better Coach product than United. Crew seems happy to be there and they have hot food to purchase with good coffee! Having Wifi is a plus as well.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  1 October 2012 by H McTyre    (USA)

SEA-ANC return in First. On the way up, Anchorage was expecting bad weather. The FAs, who had already delayed providing any first class service until about 50 minutes into the flight, decided more than an hour out of ANC to prepare the cabin for landing. They got on the overhead and informed everyone that the captain had ordered this, then promptly ceased service, closed the restrooms, and plopped down in their jump seats to chat. (This was clearly visible from First.) About a half hour of smooth flying later, the pilot got on the intercom and announced that the FAs should begin preparing the cabin for arrival. It was obvious he had no idea the FAs had ceased working 30 minutes earlier. Alaska really needs to do something about its FAs. They used to be the best in the business, such that it was a real treat to get to fly Alaska on this leg; now, this route, in particular, is staffed by burnouts. I get better treatment on Delta for my Alaska frequent flyer status than I do on Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2012 by R Kornacki    (USA)

Traveled to and from Anchorage from Kansas City in Sep 2012. Amazing to find the Alaska Airlines structures built in several airports to squeeze hold baggage fees from customers - but poorly staffed. Lines were longer when standing in line to check bags where baggage fees had been earlier paid on the web by credit card. On the full flight back from Anchorage to Seattle on 17 September, I don't know that I have ever been packed tighter in an aircraft. I am not a tall man and my knees were in contact with the seat in front of me for that uncomfortable 3 hour leg. I know the economy is tough and the airline business intent upon wringing the last buck they can from the consumer, but Alaska Airlines has taken this to a new level. I felt for the flight attendants, hawking meals, video devices and other such up and down the aisle. In Seattle, prior to the last leg to Kansas City, they gave us a start by posting a 7 hour delay- with no explanation whatever. Fortunately, after 20 minutes of angst, the original departure time was reinstated. I last traveled to Alaska on Alaska Airlines quite a few years ago and the present experience in coach was like night and day.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2012 by W Coenik    (Australia)

Flew Newark to Honolulu via Seattle and Bellingham First Class. First time with Alaska. Very impressive. Seats comfortable, food was great. The flight from Bellingham to Honolulu had the best airline food I have had. The crew were friendly on all legs. One thing that did annoy was that even though an announcement was made at the start of each flight that the front toilet was for first class only, during the flight Economy passengers would use it and not be stopped. The digeplayer was not up to the standard of in seat units and did not have a good selection. But overall, excellent flights. Would fly with them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2012 by D Mauro    (USA)

Alaska Airlines is slightly better than other major U.S. carriers. Like the legacy carriers, they have also done away with blankets, entertainment, and free coach food. Fortunately, flight attendants were actually kind and I did find the seats to be noticeably more comfortable. Having a friendly, smiling crew and a nice seat made quite a difference.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2012 by D Harper    (USA)

Heading to Disneyland for our daughter's sixth birthday. Planned well in advance and when it comes to checking in, they have separated the three of us with their updated seat assignment. We all have the same last name an it clearly states that we're travelling with a child. Get to the gate only to be told by the agent that she can't do anything and we should ask the flight attendants to find us seats together. We get in the plane and explain the situation to the flight attendants and they now tell us that hey can't do anything and we're out of luck. "Maybe someone will be nice enough to switch seats with you". Is this really how you handle mistakes? By passing the buck and doing nothing? A complete disappointment from a company that has obviously forgotten what customer service means.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2012 by David Passmore    (UK)

I booked a one way trip from Seattle to Los Angeles and after reading some of the negative comments, I was a little concerned. It turned out my worries were unfounded. I booked my trip online some time before the trip and got a very reasonable price. I was able to select seats on reservation and was able to change them when checking in online. On arrival at Seatac, check in was smooth and swift and the boarding process was well organised. Staff on board were pleasant and informative and I found the on board wi-fi excellent - and cheaper than what some hotels charge! All in all, a very pleasant flight and would certainly use Alaska again without any hesitation.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by Shelley Bogaert    (USA)

One way from San Diego to Seattle in first class. I paid approximately $450 for the seat. The extent of the food service on the 2.5 hour flight was a fruit and cheese plate. Pitiful to describe and worse to eat. There was also absolutely no in-flight entertainment, no headsets and no video.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  30 August 2012 by J Levy    (France)

We were very disappointed during our 4 weeks trip around Alaska and way to Hawaii with Alaska Airlines. We used it for many flights. SEA-JUN, JUN-CVA, CVA-ANC, Fairbanks-Barrow, Anchorage-HNL and HNL-SEA and always the same opinion. Old dated planes, service near zero (no free meals) just peanuts and drinks. You have to pay for your luggage when you don't travel only around Alaska: for us a total of 80 USD. More over no entertainment you have to pay 10$ to watch old movies. To conclude, crew not very friendly.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Baining Guo    (USA)

I already checked into my flight and got my boarding pass at the airport. However, with Alaska you have to wait in line to pay for your luggage separately (is this something new?). By the time it was my turn to pay for my luggage, they said my luggage was too late for the flight. The luggage needs to be paid and checked in 40 min before the flight. As a result, they took my boarding pass away and switch me to a flight 8 hrs later. Because of the huge delay, my business activities all have to be sacrificed.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Joseph Stewart    (USA)

I showed up 2 hours early, but a TSA-Alaska problem made me miss my flight. Their small print symbol calling for additional security screening was missed by TSA, so when I went to board they had to send me back to TSA and I missed my flight. The worst part is that they wouldn't put me on the next flight to my destination (on another airline) and made me wait 5+ hours for another Alaska flight. I would have been better off driving. I'll avoid flying with Alaska air in the future if I can.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8