Air Seychelles Customer Reviews and Air Seychelles Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Air Seychelles Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Young    (UK)

We travelled AUH/SEZ/AUH, April 2013. The flights were both excellent. On time, comfortable and with enthusiastic cabin crew. Even addressed by name in economy class!

Air Seychelles Customer review :  3 August 2014 by K Mclaughlin    (France)

Possibly the worst mid haul airplane I've been on. Was booked through Etihad (superb airline) but got Seychelles instead! Frankly it felt like Ryanair or Easyjet. Give it the widest berth! I'll even avoid Etihad to avoid the chance of this tin pot airline.

Air Seychelles Customer review :  24 June 2014 by B Stauffer    (Switzerland)

Flew JNB-SEZ and return. On both ways, we had the same aircraft, an older but very well maintained A330. The seats in economy are very comfortable, and the service and catering were outstanding. Even the toilets were cleaned several times during the flight. Only the inflight entertainment could be better, but I had my own iPad.

Air Seychelles Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Flights in economy from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi via Mahe on 27 March. On time, excellent service, comfortable seating and adequate entertainment. Was a joy to travel with them and transfer at the Seychelles airport easy. Airport is old and small - just a short walk to plane - not much to do there but fine for transfer. Highly recommended. Disgraceful service.

Air Seychelles Customer review :  7 August 2013 by C Winslow    (Seychelles)

After waiting in a very long slow que we were told that our flight from JHB to Seychelles was delayed 3 hours. We were given lunch vouchers for Jackson's or Mugg and Bean. Jackson's would not honor the voucher. Once again we had to queue for a long time before we could board the aircraft. We have a 6 year old and should of been allowed to join the front of the queue. Nobody from Air Seychelles assisted us. Immigration on Mahe are extremely rude and the luggage took forever to come through. After all the delay and run around they lost my sons stroller, which was only found after all the passengers had left the terminal. No apology from any of the staff at the airport. Disgraceful service.

Air Seychelles Customer review :  27 June 2013 by D Swart    (South Africa)

Seats in economy are very comfortable with enough leg room. Unfortunately the staff are not well trained and rude. My airhostess required light was on for the almost entire 5 hour flight from JNB to Seychelles as I was trying to request a glass of water for my son, eventually my husband went to the kitchen where they were standing and obtained a glass of water. When they served lunch, they would serve 3 rows, and then start clearing plates from the first row! That is how slow the service was!

Air Seychelles Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Georgios Vrontos    (Greece)

AUH-SEZ round trip on A332, great service, very polite staff, food was tasty and plentiful. You cannot check- in online but you can request a seat. Even though they received the plane last year, it has old IFE, has limited movies around 8 and few audio channels. Some screens were not working. They will receive another A332 this year, wishing will have better IFE. Good experience, I would travel with them anytime.

Air Seychelles customer review :  20 September 2012 by Darren John   (UK)

We were due to fly at 19.30hrs, the flight was diverted to Madagascar due to bad weather. We were kept in the terminal until 02.00am. None of the staff knew what was happening. They offered us food vouchers at 00.30hrs, the queues for the one food kiosk were so large that it closed before all passengers could get their food. Staff did not give information and were rude. The plane landed from Madagascar about 01.00hrs but they didn't tell us, they shipped us off to a hotel at 02.00am. The next day the girl at the desk just put our hand out for my ticket. No apology for the delay, no smile. We ended queuing at Mahe for a further 3hours because they were unable to confirm our connections. Once again no-one giving water to passengers we were left like cattle just stood there. I have family in Seychelles but won't be going back until BA return or I'll fly Condor from Frankfurt next time.

Air Seychelles customer review :  21 October 2011 by Steve Frichot   (Australia)

Service was excellent, staff friendly, meals were good. Boeing 767-200 was very, very old. My son went to put his seatbelt on and it came off in his hand. The seat adjacent to that one had a table that wouldn't stay up. They do need new equipment but flight was otherwise uneventful.

Air Seychelles customer review :  16 September 2011 by J Watkins   (UK)

LHR-SEZ outbound in Pearl via Milan return in Economy via Rome. Very unique feel to this airline, it's a small airline serving a small population plus tourists. Impressed by food service in both classes, one of the best breakfasts I have had in Business Class and on the return offering 2 hot meals on a day flight was impressive. Staff were very friendly, the whole thing did seem a little dated but in a good way. The IFE is still overhead TV screens with very lame films. The stops in Italy make the flights long but not too bad.

Air Seychelles customer review :  7 September 2011 by C Docteur   (UK)

We had to travel to France from Gatwick to catch our flight. Staff are warm, friendly and helpful. I have never come away from a flight thinking how awful it was.

Air Seychelles customer review :  9 August 2011 by Gavin O'Neill   (UK)

I flew Air Seychelles (code share with Air France) Business class from Paris to Mahe. I regularly fly Business and I have to say, on this particular flight, the service was as good if not better than many of them. The crew were very good, the service was excellent, and the food great. Beds were 95% flat (not enough incline to notice). Even the comfort pack had organic creams and oils, flower essences etc. I cant comment on the entertainment as I worked and slept most of the flight, but I remember being impressed with the overall service, from beginning to end. I flew again a week later again in Economy, which seemed about average in comparison to other airlines.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  25 July 2011 by Alex Sang   (Germany)

Paris to the Seychelles. The cabin itself is in good condition. the staff seemed a bit awkward, and on the return flight was the entire crew were rude and arrogant. Food was as expected in the Economy. Despite seat reservation, I had a different seat in the middle of three. I got no answer as to why my seat was changed.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  22 July 2011 by A St Aubyn   (UK)

The planes were very old - on our return flight the notice about life vests was in Hungarian. We paid £1000 each to travel business class in conditions that might have been acceptable many years ago, but came nowhere near what one expects in 2011. The cabin looked tired, carpets and seats scruffy and cabin crew off-hand. The food was below par, particularly breakfast on the home run. We were delayed 4 hours at Mahe in 80 degree heat, waiting for an incoming flight from Zanzibar.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  11 July 2011 by Brain Naran   (UK)

I flew to Mahe from London Heathrow via Milan. Everything was done on time and service was excellent. Crew were friendly and took great care of my sick mother thought the flight. I really enjoyed the flight and will recommend the airline to anyone who wants to travel to the beautiful Seychelles.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  30 June 2011 by Melian Tomsett   (Australia)

Originally booked our flight from Chennai (India) to Seychelles, but were sent an email 4 weeks before departure saying this route had been cancelled and we were now flying out from Singapore. Air Seychelles paid the difference, but we then had to fly into Singapore from Australia and lost the cost of our original flight to Chennai. We feel we should have been informed about this when we first booked and this would have saved us a lot of money. Apart from that we were pleased with the service of Air Seychelles. The service on board was excellent, the food was pleasant and the comfort was of a superior class to many other airlines we have flown. Plenty of leg room and as the plane was only half full, we were able to have two seats each. Personally we would recommend Air Seychelles to anyone, but the flight to Singapore is only 6-7 hrs long, so we have not experienced a really long flight. An enjoyable experience and we will definitely go the Seychelles again on Air Seychelles.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  16 June 2011 by George Ianculescu   (USA)

In April 2011 we were booked Johannesburg-Mahe return. On the way to Seychelles we left with 3.5 hr delay, losing all the further connections from Mahe to other Seychelles islands. On the return, we arrived at the airport very early in the morning, only to find out that the flight was cancelled and will fly only next evening. Did not care to tell us the night before, knowing our location in Mahe! Disgusting indeed! They offered us to spend the night at the worst (and cheapest) hotel !The hotel was closed a month later because of sanitation problems, even based on Seychelles standards. I complained to the Customer Service, no answer at all.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  11 April 2011 by Liz Price   (UK)

LHR-SEZ-LHR. It's true that there aren't personal TVs like on Virgin or BA, but this wasn't particularly important to me - I'd rather read a book. The food was tasty, and drinks are free. My only niggle is that it wasn't that clear that we would be stopping.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  17 March 2011 by M Birrou   (France)

Seychelles to Paris. A middle age Boeing 767, clean and seems to be well maintained. No PTV's which is now a must have. Seat pitch okay, crew was nice and professional. The food was excellent, aperitif was served with Champagne and all beverages free of charge.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  24 February 2011 by M Mauro   (USA)

SIN-SEZ-SIN, avoid Air Seychelles! After paying for my flight, they sent an e-mail (without a subject even) to inform me that they've completely changed their flight schedule (by two days). This would make me miss my international connection back home to the US from Singapore. Now, they refuse to refund my credit card and are offering me a bank transfer! And to top it off, there's no form of compensation or assistance in any way. They have just left me high and dry.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  14 February 2011 by W Horne   (UK)

Very disappointing when you think how much they charge. We had a super holiday in the Seychelles but had to return to the UK on Air Seychelles. Delayed in Frankfurt for 3 hours, the cabin was very scruffy and worn. Not recommended - they did not even have the courtesy to respond properly when I e-mailed my complaints.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  4 November 2010 by David Dale   (Australia)

SIN-SEZ B767-200.Meal served very tasty. Aircraft clean and seats weren't too bad in terms of comfort. Flight only half full. No seatback AVOD, but main screen showing movies on old VHS reel. Impressed with service and professionalism of crew. Water runs by crew through flight. Whilst not near the standards of larger airlines, I was impressed with flight and Air Seychelles overall.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  30 October 2010 by Stéphane Gallon   (France)

CDG-SEZ-CDG Business Class. We traveled on the (only) B767 with the new business class seats (angled lie flat). These seats are a great improvement compared to previous Pearl Class seats. Outward flight on time, inward flight with 1h delay due to late arrival of plane (from CDG) and slow boarding at SEZ (due to passengers having to walk in heavy rains on the tarmac to reach jet). Food and wine so-so. Nothing terrific but strangely enough on CDG-SEZ meals were not at all what was shown on the menu (staff apologized). Personal DVD players given for entertainment - provided adequate offering of movies. Overall a decent experience in Business Class.

AIR SEYCHELLES customer review :  29 October 2010 by K Lewis   (Canada)

CDG-SEZ-CDG. My wife and I along with 200 other passengers were held up for 4 hours in the SEZ terminal for SEZ-CDG, waiting for passengers to arrive from one of the other islands. The staff were totally incompetent in every way possible. The flight was held up because there was a problem with one of their other planes and Air Seychelles decided to boat them over to SEZ holding us all up. My wife and I missed all of our connecting flights and had to pay significant fees to change all of our tickets to get home 8 hrs later than we were originally planning to. Air Seychelles staff were useless throughout this process. They kept bumping the flight departure time up one hour at a time, reassured us that things would be handled (which they weren't) and began to lie to us to keep us quiet. Every request we made to speak to a supervisor was completely dismissed and ignored. Their choice to inconvenience 200+ passengers for so few to cover their airlines obligations is despicable.

1 2

Air Seychelles Reviews and Air Seychelles Passenger Opinions about Air Seychelles standards