Aeroflot Russian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Aeroflot Customer Trip Reports

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Michael Crockett    (UK)

9th December, from Krasnodar to Moscow Sheremetyevo on Flight SU 1103, and missed the connection to Flight SU 263 to London Heathrow. I flew yesterday on Aeroflot, and experienced delays and missed connection through no fault of Aeroflot. I was dealt with by their many ground staff at Sheremetyevo extremely well, the plane was modern and well flown, and I would strongly recommend them for the service I received. Full marks, and strongly recommended.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Mauricio Canosa    (Brazil)

Volgograd-Moscow Sheremetyevo-Sochi Adler in business class, Sochi Adler-Moscow Sheremetyevo in economy class. Excellent experience, first time with Aeroflot. All flights on time, and baggage checked and delivered promptly, with priority tags on business, was the first to be delivered. Crew friendly and very professional, seat comfort excellent, leather seating in Business class with plenty of high-quality food and wines. On business, service rivals some airline first classes, even on Russian domestic short sectors, printed menus and wine list, lots of reading material (counted 5 different Aeroflot publications on a 1:45 min flight) and crews very attentive and caring. All of them spoke good English. IL-96 aircraft very roomy and spacious, should be a nice experience on longer flights. Would fly Aeroflot again without hesitation.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Wolfgang Segato    (China)

Flight from HKG-SVO-DUS-SVO-HKG. From HKG, SU213 with new Boeing 777. Comfortable seat, food ok. Served wine, Staff friendly. Flight on time. Flight SU2436 to DUS delayed 40 minutes with no information. Boarding and check-in in DUS for flight SU 2537 and SU 212 very poor. I'm a Skyteam priority passenger from China Southern Airlines, Aeroflot don't accepted the "elite plus" card same. No invitation to the lounge, I had 1 kg excess baggage - not accepted. No requested seat for all flights. Aeroflot is am Skyteam member but does not follow the Skyteam rules. In Moscow Airport access to the Lounge but no priority Boarding. Seat in A330 a little small. Entertainment ok. Flight on time. The ticket fee was steep but service and own rules should be improved. I will not use this airline in the future.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Nina Lioznov    (Australia)

Our plane was not in order, after 3 hour waiting within the plane without electricity, a/con and water we were told to leave the aircraft. Our flight SU 2461 from Paris to Moscow has been cancelled. It was night time and CDG airport had been closed. Two hours later we were back to the departure hall (through customs, receiving baggage back etc). It was 2.30am. They gave us a hotel until 8am. We were told that Aeroflot would send another plane the next morning to pick up all passengers. But as usual it was too expensive for Aeroflot. Instead of another plane they started to check-in passengers on "free" seats for other Aeroflot flights. It was 7 hours of chaos. No one from Aeroflot was there, no order, no food, no water. At the end we were checked in (with 13hr delay) but our baggage was left in CDG. We received it end of next day only. No simple "sorry" from Aeroflot, no compensation, etc. Will never use this airline in the future.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Fredrik Haglund    (Sweden)

ARN-SVO-BKK return on A320/A333/B773/A319. Nice new planes and all on schedule. Food varied between fair and bad. No alcohol available due to past troublesome experiences with drunk passengers. Few smiles from staff, but service good. IFE very good on B773. If food a bit better and wine available I would have rated a 4 star experience.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by J Hoornweg    (Thailand)

AMS-SVO with KLM and SVO-BKK on A330, flight number AFL270. The airplanes are good, however the transit service is really poor, this might be because of the airport, it is hard to figure out your flight gate and it is complicated to get information from the staff. Waiting hours are awful, I expected to get some sort of cabin or something upon arrival but sleeping on the floor, buying your own drinks is about it. I won't fly a non direct flight with Aeroflot anymore, it's not worth the money you save.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by A Bazelian    (Ukraine)

ODS-SVO-IAD, Economy. Great value if you want a good price, good food, and don't mind not having the latest IFE or can read Russian newspapers. Security can be slow transferring at Sheremetyevo, but then again, international transfers at USA airports are slow too. Plane for about a 2 hour time to make transfers when in terminal D. Staff on the legs I was on were friendly and helpful. It helps a lot to speak Russian or at least some Russian words.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by N Cortez    (USA)

First, the entertainment system did not work both coming and going-making a very long flight. The windows were dirty with grease marks from prior passengers. I requested vegetarian meal six months earlier but was told they did not have any and received 1 small salad and cup of fruit for meal, next meal - nothing! The flights also took off late for each leg of our destination. Although price was good, I would pay more for another airline that had working equipment and clean plane.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Kyle Brown    (USA)

Roundtrip from Dulles International Airport to the Czech Republic stopping in Moscow. Dissatisfaction is the word that came to mind repeatedly during these series of flights. The food was excellent. Served on time and hot on each of these flights. Very consistent. The cost was excellent, compared to other airlines offering the same trip. It was downhill from there. Of the total 4 flights required to make this trip, zero were on time. Every single flight left late. This is clearly a normal practice for this Airline based on my experience. The initial flight to Moscow from Dulles (10 hours or so) had no working video displays for entertainment. There was working music but the headphone connector on the seat was shorted and would barley play sound in mono and only if held in a certain position. After landing and proceeding to the terminal in Moscow, there was complete chaos. The airport appeared to be clean and new with lots of English signage, however, some of the people working in the terminal seemed to be avoiding anything that resembled being helpful. Most seemed to have attitudes for some reason. Russian passengers herded like cattle to the tiniest security checkpoint area that I have ever seen. There were 4 lanes for 300 people. The return flight was worse. After I reached Moscow from the Czech Republic, there was more herding to the security checkpoint. This time a customs representative sat at a desk near by reading a book as a few hundred people waited in lines that barley moved. I asked the person reading the book if I was standing in a special line or something since the signs were not in English, she responded that I should find another line in a tone that indicated the I was disturbing her. I eventually wasted an hour before I discovered that I was in the area of customs for domestic flights and not international. The International flight area took 3 minutes to process. This theme of herding and poor manners played out at every airport except for the final destination back in the US. I will never fly Aeroflot again. I would never recommend this airline to anyone.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by L Ruggeri    (Hong Kong)

Moscow-Hong Kong flight was well below my expectations. Terminal F has been revamped with too many shops and not enough seats. Passengers camped on the stairs and the floor. As there were other flights to China departing from nearby gates almost at the same time, one can only imagine the pushing, shouting and queue-jumping. Allocating more space to people and less to shops would help address the problem. We boarded on time but some passengers had so many duty-free shopping bags that overhead storage soon reached maximum capacity. Tempers flared, departure was delayed. I had to keep my backpack under the seat thus reducing that precious little space. After takeoff we were told that the entertainment system was out of order. No films, no music, no games. nothing. I had ordered a vegetarian meal at the time of buying the ticket online 6 months earlier, and this is usually a very tasty, Asian- style hot meal. This time my name didn't appear on the flight attendants' list despite being clearly indicated in the electronic ticket in my possession. Flight attendants ignored the issue and just apologized for the mistake. The best they could offer was a normal tray with two small salads instead of one. A few hours later when they served breakfast I realised that 2 out of 3 standard options were ok for vegetarians. Why wasn't a breakfast tray offered to me at dinner time? Flight attendants started serving tea and coffee. Due to turbulence they had to stop serving hot drinks and at least 100 passengers were left without any hot beverages to accompany their breakfast. The turbulence ended, but serving hot beverages was never resumed. All in all, not the best experience.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Maria McCarthy    (USA)

The servers were very professional and efficient and the planes were good. Our flight out of St. Petersburg was a disaster due to the lack of communication and inattentive flight representatives. We were booked on a 6.30 am flight to Moscow and were finally rebooked for a 2.40 pm flight. We were at the airport at 4 am, and the plane left at 3 pm - that's 11 hrs in the airport. We missed our connection from Moscow to NY, finally arriving in Orlando with no luggage. It was a nightmare.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by K D'Ambra    (USA)

Our flight going over from JFK to Moscow was good as well as the food. However, on the way back home from St. Petersburg is where all the problems started. Our original flight was delayed 12 hours which meant missing all our connections. We stood in line for 5 hours. The service at the airport was horrible. No one would help us get a flight. After many hours, different lines, talking to many representatives we made a call to our Travel Agent and the Emergency help number that we had. Only after these calls were we able to get another reservation home. The flight was fine but the on ground service is far from good or caring.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Marina Michurina    (USA)

Sep 13 2013 back from Russia to the USA. Flight 1481 Moscow-New York. I have been travelling Aeroflot for many years, but I have never had such an uncomfortable seat in my life. Seems like the seats were designed by Gestapo for torturing passengers for 10 hours. Short, narrow, leaned forward! I will never understand the purpose of the head piece, which makes your head protrude forward even more, unless you are more than 2 meters tall. I felt very uncomfortable and tired. It was especially bothersome due to slow food service (it took the flight attendants about 2 hours to serve lunch and tidy up).

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Tom Bright    (Hong Kong)

SVO-HKG in the new 777-300 ER. Comfort is fantastic - I would say much better than even Cathay new business class let alone European airlines. Staff attention great. Food could be more imaginative and refined, but generally very good quality. Lounge at SVO old terminal F is incredibly old and not good. I would recommend taking a short walk over to the lounge in the new terminal E instead. Aeroflot making a strong effort in long-haul business class to get closer to the leading airlines and is on the right track!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Michael A Bogdanovskiy    (Israel)

In the last year I have flown TLV-SVO and return about 5 times. Good service, very friendly staff, new aircraft's - every time I have had very good experience.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Vlad Alexeyenko    (Canada)

Flew YYZ-MOW-YYZ. Both flights were excellent. Sheremetyevo airport very modern, comfortable, there was barely any line-up for customs and security screenings. Security was painless compared to the US and Canadian ones. Food was great, I asked for an extra meal on both flights and they gave it to me. The offered wine for free in economy class. FA also friendly. The only concern is the delays. When I flew there, the delay was 40 min, on the way back the washroom broke down in the aircraft, so the delay was 4 hours. They gave us meal vouchers, so we got free food at SVO.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by A Shatskikh    (USA)

On September 7, 2013, 300 hundred people with small children were kept for 4 hours in Sheremetevo because the aircraft and crew were waiting the group of transit passengers. (Flight SU 0102). It was the difficult long flight to New York - 9.5 hours plus 4 hours delay. Many passengers among these 300 hundred people lost their connections. It is shameful. My seat was between two large men, and it was very uncomfortable, I had only a half seat for myself. I will avoid Aeroflot flights since this event.

AEROFLOT REVIEWS PASSENGER review compare opinions Aeroflot Russian Airlines