Aeroméxico Passenger Reviews and Aeromexico Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Aeroméxico Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Al Diaz    (USA)

I arrived to the airport 2 hours and 45 minutes before my scheduled departure time. I was told that there was a 3 hour mandatory check in time. The agents involved did not want to hear about my issues on my way to the airport. I was told that especially on Sundays, flights are full up and my seat was sold to another customer. I had no bags to check in and I had to pay a hefty fine to re-schedule my flight to another day. For all those unfamiliar with the DF airport, it takes 10 minutes to go through security and another 5 to walk to the gates. Most flights are not even given a gate number until 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. This was my fist and last time flying with Aeromexico.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  31 July 2013 by Eugene Fo    (Costa Rica)

Contrary to what a lot of people are putting here, I had a very good experience with Aeromexico. I was departing from SJO (San Jose, Costa Rica), to MEX (Mexico DF). Airline prices change too often, and I bought my ticket well ahead of time to get it for a cheap price for a major carrier! Even while still in the airport, as I am a nervous flyer, the captain was nice enough to reassure me about the flight. On-board, the flight attendants were very nice and friendly, even giving me advise on what transportation to take to specific tourist places in Mexico city for a first-timer in the city. The food was okay, and the movie was ok, though I bought my own set of entertainment myself. All in all, the flight and service was pretty good.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  22 June 2013 by G Madysen    (USA)

DFW to Cancun, Mexico with a stop in Mexico City. Boarded our flight to Mexico City from DFW at 06.50 in the morning, after sitting on the tarmac for 40 minutes the pilot informed us that we would need to return to the gate. Once at the gate we sat for about an hour and reboarded and left for Mexico City. We had to catch a connecting flight to Cancun, we had 30 minutes since our flight had been delayed so much, they ended up moving our flight time to depart from Mexico City to Cancun 10 minutes early. Directed to the counter to get on a different flight. I was very disappointed in the airline and the staff, out of the 4 flights there and back that we took I may have had 2 nice flight attendants. I had packed my bags to carry on and had made it on the 3 flights down and the one from Cancun-Mexico City without having any issues but when I went to board the flight from Mexico City to DFW they informed that I would need to check my bag because it was too big, I thought nothing of it and assumed that it was just a packed flight, but once we boarded the plane was practically empty with 5-7 overhead bins still open and my bag would have fit with the dimensions in all I was very disappointed with the airline.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  24 May 2013 by A Gutierrez    (USA)

New York JFK to Bogota Colombia, connecting through Mexico City. Aeromexico sold us 3 round trip tickets with one of the connections being operated by another airline (Avianca). I was traveling with my 2 small kids ages 5 and 6. At departure in JFK, their system failed, printing only 1 boarding pass for the connection MEX-BOG. Asked to go to the local Aeromexico ticket counter in Mexico City to pick up the missing boarding passes, with the promise someone was going to have them ready. Forced to leave the connecting area at 5am (after a 5 hour flight), dragging my 2 small kids and luggage. In Mexico City at the Aeromexico ticket counter we were met by a supervisor who refused to print the missing boarding passes claiming my problem was with the second airline. I spent 45 minutes trying to find the other airline. They did not honor any of the seats booked together when the tickets were bought and separated my kids from me on one of the flights. Unfortunately they own a monopoly in Mexico.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  7 May 2013 by Marsha Rosner    (USA)

Flight late departing Nashville to Cancun, but made good time and arrived near original time. Plane clean, cabin personnel courteous, almost robot-like, neatly dressed. Apparently, the flight time from Nashville to Cancun is not a 'meal or snack' flight. We were offered complimentary sodas, juice, beer, mixed drinks, and a small cup of mixed nuts - one time - for our 2 hour 40 minute flight at 11am. We never saw the cabin attendants again until we landed. Should have used the call button for another drink! If price is good, I would fly them again, but I would definitely be more prepared with a meal purchased at the airport. The return flight was the same - invisible attendants except for initial drink. The gate attendant said we would receive a snack as the flight left at 6:30pm - guess what, no snack, just more nuts! Cannot rate food or entertainment. Entertainment was radio only with ear plug set passed out and collected before landing.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  2 April 2013 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

Several Flights domestic Mexico last March. MEX-CUN, MEX-GDL, MEX-VER. In general good price and good product for economy. Check in process in Mexico City fast and easy. Security control always very fast also no lines. Boarding process organized. On board always free snack. Departed and arrival on time most of the time, only one time 10 min late. FA always nice. Bags fast on belt. Recommended.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  28 March 2013 by Juan Martin Cassol    (Argentina)

Buenos Aires - Mexico - Las Vegas - Mexico - Buenos Aires. Most flights were on time and crew were friendly. For both long haul flights (EZE-MEX-EZE) the aircraft was a 767 without IFE. Food was quite good, crew kept constantly giving out glasses of water, tea or coffee, even, in MEX-EZE a 500ml bottle of water was on every economy class seat. If I get the chance, I will fly them again.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  12 March 2013 by David Mejia    (Mexico)

MEX-CDG-MEX. Food - awful both legs, economy style (Chicken and pasta) and also overcooked. Only breakfast to CDG not so bad. Catering sequence nothing to do with Other Sky team airlines. Flight attendants do only what is necessary, extras are difficult to get. Not recommended.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  27 February 2013 by Philip O'Connor    (UK)

Travelled Premier Classe from Mexico City to Paris. This is an extremely poor business class product. On entering the plane we were offered a choice of water or orange juice; on asking for a glass of champagne, was told very curtly by the steward that they had not chilled any so could not offer it! No personal IFE in seat, only offer of ipad type product with limited selection. Meal very mediocre - choice of wines ok. Service from cabin crew very unfriendly and desultory - they seemed to have little interest in providing much service. Seat was acceptable. But this old 767 really needs an upgrade, and the cabin crew need some serious customer service training. This business class product in no way compares with Air France or KLM, their Skyteam and codeshare partners.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  27 February 2013 by Olle Laprune Yann    (Mexico)

I flew from Mexico to Paris and Paris to Mexico. First flight was good, I boarded in terminal 2 in Mexico city's international airport, crew were smiling, it was comfortable and food was excellent. Aircraft (B777-200) was good.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  21 February 2013 by Rodolphe Paccard    (France)

PVR-MEX, Flight AM143, February 18, 2013, Boeing 737-700, seat 22A. Flight half full, we sat all ready to go in the cabin without air for a good 15 minutes before we were on our way. The aircraft had slim seats which tend to be the new trend with airlines to reduce weight and give a little more leg room. Leg room was OK but comfort of the seat is poor due to the lack of padding giving you some back pain even for a flight of a little over an hour. Drink service was OK, staff friendly and attentive. Arrival on time.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  20 February 2013 by R Carvalho    (Mexico)

Mexico to Madrid and onward to Geneva via Air Europa. At check in they bungled up my frequent flyer number and kept telling me it was invalid. After the lousy check-in process I proceeded to the lounge at Mexico City airport terminal 2. The lounge has slow service with a poor selection of snacks and drinks. Lounge was crowded too. Inflight, the seats in business were very small on this 767. The seats don't lie flat but at an angle. The best part, no in-flight entertainment. The staff handed out ipads with a very limited selection of movies and TV shows. Food was awful and they did not have my option. Flight attendants could not be bothered with requests and soon disappeared after serving us our meals. Despite attempts to call them no one showed up. This is not business class but at best premium economy. Overall a very poor experience.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  14 February 2013 by Rodolphe Paccard    (France)

Feb 8 2013, flight AM192, MEX-PVR, Embraer 170. My first time on this type of aircraft. I liked the large windows and larger seats. One thing, though, leather seats tend to have you slide down and slouch. Flight was on time, staff friendly, bags delivered by the time I had deplaned.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  13 February 2013 by S Moseley    (Australia)

Will never fly with them again. We missed our Aero Mexico flight to LA through their incompetence and consequently our onward connection to Australia that evening. Ground staff were next to useless and we got the run-around for 4 hours, being passed from one supervisor to another with no-one wanting to take responsibility, with lots of shrugging of shoulders. We had to organise our new flights ourselves at some cost to us. Once on board, the premier class is just like premium economy, although its supposed to be the equivalent of business class. Food and service is basic. I believe they have plans to fly from MEX to LHR shortly. They will have to lift their game to be any competition to existing carriers on that route. We love Mexico but will use another airline in the future.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  28 January 2013 by R Carvalho    (Mexico)

Flew Mexico City to New York and back in December 2012. At the time of booking was told that a baby bassinet and baby food would be provided for my infant. When I called to reconfirm the flight 2 days before travel, I was told that Aeromexico did not have bassinets on a 5 hour flight from Mex to NY. Felt tricked as I was not given this information at the time of booking. In-flight entertainment, non existent, no personal video screens and unclean airplane on the way into JFK. Movie was shown on an overhead screen, unfortunately the headphones provided were non functional. The food was horrible and neither me nor my wife ate the food, no baby food provided for my infant. The only positive from the flight was that the plane was empty and we could place our baby on the seat between us. It would have been very hard to carry the baby on our lap for 5 hours without a bassinet. On the return flight, check-in was a mess at JFK, the staff were not efficient and when we asked if the flight was on time we were told it was. We rushed through security and when we reached the gate the flight was delayed 2.5 hours. The airline staff were not competent and no one could explain the reason for the delay. Inflight food was terrible, no video screens despite the plane being brand new. No baby food for the infant. Again the only positive for the return flight was that the baby had a seat between us as the flight was empty. Overall a bad experience for us and our infant.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  13 November 2012 by Zaverio Flores    (Mexico)

MTY-MEX-PVG-MEX-MTY. Departed MTY Terminal B, very nice, fast check in. Boarded a brand new 737-800 with IFE in Biz and coach classes. In MEX went to the AM lounge - its excellent. Boarded (777-200ER), sat in Premier Class all the way to PVG. It has a tech stop over TIJ which turned out not so bad, you don't even get off the plane at TIJ, just crew changes and on we went to Shanghai. It was a 14.45 min flight, but sleeping, eating, movies and great crews made my flight amazing!

Aeroméxico Customer review :  8 November 2012 by Sandra Perez    (UK)

Flew from Madrid to Mexico City. First off, my flight was delayed for reasons that none of the staff at the desk was able to explain. Check in was extremely disorganised, and poorly signaled. About 1 hour into 14 hour flight, I noticed that my inflight entertainment screen was still off, while other passengers' screens were on. Then, it turned out that 6 rows did not have working inflight entertainment screens or overhead reading lights. As soon as we let the staff know, they told us they would "reset the system" and let people at the front of the plane know. About 30 minutes later, nothing was working, and we asked again what the status was. We were told quite rudely that they were looking into it. Needless to say, this carried on for another 3 hours. It became evident that the flight attendants were avoiding our section, as we could see them walking around offering water to passengers in the aisle on the other side of the plane quite often. Finally, about 4.5 hours into the flight, the person sitting next to me asked once more whether they'd managed to see what was wrong with our screens. The flight attendant said "well, obviously, it's not working. Didn't you figure that out?". I can understand that technical problems may arise, but that does not mean that paying customers should be treated rudely. I was very happy to finally land in Mexico city after 14 hours of a tortuous flight. I am very hesitant to fly with Aeromexico again if this is the standard of customer service that they have.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  16 October 2012 by L Saxton    (USA)

Flew from Miami to Cabo through Mexico City. I was very hesitant but chose to do so as I was taking 5 people with me and it was $250.00 cheaper pp to fly Aeromexico than the other domestic airlines. My experience turned out to be a very pleasant one. Other than legroom being a little tight in economy on 2 of the 4 flights planes were clean, on time, staff very pleasant and flight attendants dressed well. Mexico City airport was very easy to manage. My experience was just as good if not better than any other domestic airline.

Aeroméxico Customer review :  10 October 2012 by J Giraldo    (USA)

Flew AeroMexico for the first time in economy class from JFK to Cancun return. Aside from the legroom, or lack of, I can't make any negative comments. We were given a pretty good breakfast half hour into the flight, nice hot coffee and flight attendents made multiple beverage runs throughout the 3.5hr flt. The return was pretty much the same except it was a dinner flight and they offered complimentary alcohol. I'd say AeroMexico is a much better airline to travel to Mexico in economy class then US carriers.

1 2 3 4