Flybe

Flybe customer review

The usual farce from Flybe on a Friday night from Southampton to Edinburgh supposed to depart at 18.35 which came and went with no delay announced on the board. Eventually boarded (in some chaos) at 19.00 and eventually took off at 19.30 almost an hour late. I think the seat pitch has also been reduced on the Embraer planes to squeeze more in so uncomfortable overpriced late and zero communication. Unfortunately typical for this route if there was another choice I'd use it! The service is not improving.

Flybe customer review

SOU-AMS return - Dash 8 both ways - decent price (£220 inclusive) SOU as efficient as ever - outbound on time half full but folks seated together for CofG compliance on take-off. Pleasant crew - on time arrival even allowing for the bus journey into the terminal at AMS. Return on time (2055 departure) 5 mins late at SOU despite endless (well at least 20 mins) taxi to the remote runway at the Polderbaan and a headwind throughout the flight. Decent announcements on both flights usual food and drink offering. Shame there's now no lounge offering at AMS for Flybe as I usually have a couple of hours where I could get work done before the flight. Quickly out and onto the M27 - so much better than the schlep out to the car parks at LHR. Summary - when it all works this service is fab.

Flybe customer review

Wife stuck in LBIA for another 4 hours waiting for the Flybe flight to Southampton third time in as many weeks. We both travel frequently to Southampton my last experience on the 25th May ended up with a cancellation meaning flying to Newcastle and coach back to Leeds; end to end took 10.5 hours. Great start to the weekend. Am down next week in Southampton just cancelled my flight and now am going to drive down.

(Malaysia)

A Finnair flight but operated by Flybe from Helsinki to Vilnius. I was assigned on seat 4A by a very friendly check-in staff. It was a short flight yet crew completed duties with a smile. Embraer plane legroom was pretty tight it fine for flight which less than 2 hours. I did not buy the onboard food or drink and there was no in-flight entertainment.

Flybe customer review

Worst airline ever. Aberdeen - Birmingham is a lottery. Many cancelled flights every other one delayed. No one cares. Check in desk just repeat "planes gone tech" which I suppose means it has broken down. If they are that unreliable makes you nervous about getting up in the air in one. Truth is we have a laugh in the lounge depending on how many are on the flight will depend on whether or not it goes "planes gone tech" might sometimes mean "not commercially viable".

Flybe customer review

I live in New York flew to Manchester and had a connecting flight to the Isle Of Man I was on holiday for 3 weeks. The flight to the Island was fine but my return back to Manchester @ Ronaldsway is another story. The night before leaving I tried to check in through the computer to check in my 2 pieces of luggage and get my boarding pass. I was not able to get thru so in the morning I made my way to Ronaldsway. As I checked in I was told that I had to pay for my luggage. It was explained to me that the cost would be GBP30 for one piece and the second piece of luggage was going to be charged as add weight. I could not understand why I was not able to pay for another piece of luggage like the first one. So the outcome was that I had to pay GBP391 (American dollars 628.14) to take my second bag with me. The plane trip to the island cost me GBP249.00. At that point 6:00 AM what was I to do just leave my belongings? So I had to hand over my credit card to be able to take my second suit case. This is not a good customer relations!! The woman at the desk said there wasn't a thing she could do. So my question is why aren't you allowed to have 2 suit cases? Especially coming from another country and not knowing what all the rules are I feel as though I was being taking advantage of!

Flybe customer review

We traveled from Manchester airport to Hannover. Flights on time and arrived early in Manchester. The check in at both ends was efficient and the people polite and helpful the inflight service was good.

Flybe customer review

Booked direct flight from Isle of Man to Southampton - this later changed to an indirect flight via Manchester. Arrived in Manchester checked the board as our flight to Southampton was due to depart at 15.35 - a stated that information would be updated at 15.30 hrs. Eventually the message changed to “cancelled” not a single word of notification was given. Eventually a lady arrived and informed passengers that we would be transferred onto the 17.00 flight to Southampton. Instead of leaving at 17.00 as expected we were told it was delayed until 17.15. When we got onboard at 17.35 we waited on the runway whilst the cabin crew checked and re-checked passengers - only when I asked were we told that passenger numbers differed from the desk. We were advised to prepare for landing next thing I knew we were heading back up to the sky! I and other passengers had no idea what was happening. At one point I thought we were heading back to Manchester. The captain never spoke not at this point or when we did land. Eventually arrived at our destination 7 hrs later. I can appreciate delays happen but communication between staff and the paying customer was an absolute disgrace.

Flybe customer review

Flying from Manchester to Exeter 3rd June 2012 Aircraft couldn't be used because of technical difficulties feared the worst but alternative aircraft provided 15 mins later even though there were only 38 passengers. Apologies given to passengers onboard for delay. Return flight to Manchester was slightly delayed but made time and arrived at scheduled time. Staff were polite and very smart and aircraft very clean.

Flybe customer review

Cardiff-CDG operated by Flybe but sold on Air France's website. I bought a return ticket when sold on their website it should provide a full fee paying airline's service. On the 1st leg CDG-CDW I got a "food and snack voucher" which allowed me to transform flybe into a "normal airline". On the way back I was greeted with utter rudeness at CDW from Flybe staff and told that this was a pure flybe flight and to take a hike for the "food and drink" voucher. Complained to their codeshare partner and got 3000 miles from Air France for the mess from flybe. Flybe staff need to learn manners and what it it entails to have a "codeshare" flight! Never again with them even via codeshare! I'd rather drive from LHR to Cardiff!