Flybe

"50 euros for my cabin baggage"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to London City. They charged 50 euros for my cabin baggage. Other people’s cabins were not checked and I pointed it out to the staff and she responded rudely. It was extremely annoying having to pay the charge as my cabin only weighed 3kg.
RouteAmsterdam to London City

"Absolutely disgraceful"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Amsterdam. Have just had to pay £35 for a cabin sized bag as it didn’t meet Flybe’s ridiculous requirements. Absolutely disgraceful as I have travelled with the same cabin bag for the past 2 years with other companies such as KLM and never experienced an issue. A dreadful start to our holiday and I will not fly with Flybe again.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"£35 for a cabin sized bag"

Not Verified | London to Aberdeen. Was told to pay £35 for a cabin sized bag, otherwise not be allowed to fly back home. The attitude of the staff was rude and the flight was longer than announced without any updates during the flight. Would not fly with this airline again.
RouteLondon to Aberdeen

"my flight was delayed"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Manchester. The scruffiest plane I have been on. Your bag can’t ever fit in the hold the scruffy little things. You pay the same fair as you would for any other airline but get nothing but hassle. Staff are rude and my flight was delayed for nearly two hours.
RouteAmsterdam to Manchester
Date FlownDecember 2019

"made us pay for a carry on"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Amsterdam. They made us pay for a carry on. The plane was tiny. The attitude of the staff was unprofessional and bordering rude. The return journey wasn't any better, there wasn't room for my bag in the overhead compartment and I was told to keep it under my legs. When I said no to that I was offered the opportunity to have put in the hold free of charge which I agreed to do but they then secured it in the back of the plane. I was sitting at the front (near enough). So when the plane was coming into land I asked for my bag knowing full well it will be a problem getting it from the back of the plane once everyone was stood up and was told "it will be bought to you". The plane lands and everyone gets up., I thought im not waiting for everyone to get my bag so I went and got it at the inconvenience of very understanding passengers on the plane. When I was exiting the plane I raised this with the stewardess she said " you should have kept it under your legs like I suggested".
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I will never use them again"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Edinburgh. Absolutely disgusted with flybe. The baggage which is always used for hand luggage is no longer accepted. £35 later and a flippant assistant. My bag was about 1cm due to wheels toO big. Id already spent over 100 plus on the flights. I will never use them again. I will happily spend a bit extra for another airline.0 stars flybe. Must do better.
RouteManchester to Edinburgh
Date FlownNovember 2019

"timely service by agreeable people"

Trip Verified | Another perfectly OK return trip to Aberdeen from Birmingham. Both flights pushed back precisely on time and arrived early. Ground staff were pleasant and efficient about giving me my preferred window seat. Cabin crew made one pass through the cabin with refreshments and then let us enjoy an undisturbed flight, but remained visible. So: attractive price (£78, mostly taxes!), timely service by agreeable people, and (at least for my size and shape) a seat with enough comfort and space for this short ride.
AircraftQ400 Dash 8
RouteBirmingham to Aberdeen
Date FlownNovember 2019

"pay additional charge for hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to London City. I took a return flight to London and I was forced to pay an additional charge for hand luggage for one of the journeys even though my hand luggage met the size requirements for both journeys. The outbound flight was half empty and it was a typical attempt to extort money from customers to take account of the fact the flight wasn’t fully booked. Ridiculous charge when my bag did fit in the overhead compartment during one of the journeys. I was treated with complete disrespect by staff at the gates. Very disappointed and will not be flying with this airline again.
RouteEdinburgh to London City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"extra charges at every stage"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Amsterdam with Flybe. This was the worst company to fly with. The staff were very rude and ignorant. The company only wants its customers money and dont care how they get it, extra charges at every stage. Not going to using again.
Date FlownNovember 2019

"should always be treated on a consistent manner"

Trip Verified | London City to Edinburgh. What an experience last nights flight was at London City with Flybe. The member of staff discriminated me and allowed another passenger to take larger hand luggage into the same flight. Flybe response to my complaint was unsurprisingly unsatisfactory. The customer should always be treated on a consistent manner and this did not happen last night. I would only use Flybe if there was no other alternative. I could not believe that the Flybe member of staff had no empathy for a family who had just lost a sibling. Absolute disgrace. Flybe are suboptimal.
AircraftSmall