PAGE loading ... please wait!

Air Memphis Passenger Reviews and Air Memphis Passenger Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Air Memphis customer review

Air Memphis Unclassified Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Air Memphis
2.3 out of 10  2.3 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  5 October 2012 by M Cousins   (UK)

Had booked for the wife and I to go to Luxor for the day, booked in advance through Thomson holidays. I thought it would be Egyptair but getting onboard found out it was an Air Memphis MD-83. On entering the plane you could see how old it was, old seats, equipment etc. It stank of aviation fuel at the back which is where we were sitting. It was only a 30 minute flight to Luxor, but I was so glad that is all it was. It was ok and they gave out little cartons of juice to take up the time.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  1 May 2012 by M Hannan   (UK)

We booked a day trip to Luxor from Sharm and flew Air Memphis. Aircraft was an old MD83 which was tired looking inside and out but clean. Friendly cabin crew, juice and a snack were served. Don't let appearances put you off.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  15 March 2012 by A Thompson   (UK)

My mother and I flew from Sharm to Cairo return. I thought we would be boarding an Egyptair flight - unfortunately not. We boarded through the back of the plane, as we walked to our seats, another passenger sat down only to find a piece of metal had come apart from the seat. Most of the seats were held together with duct tape. Never again.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  21 August 2011 by V Franc   (Croatia)

Belgrade to Hurghada on a charter flight. Old plane, non-existent leg space, cold food and dated biscuits. Only good thing I can say about them is that the cabin crew were nice.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  20 June 2011 by M Ryan   (Ireland)

Totally agree with all of the comments below. We travelled from Sharm to Cairo and back again on a day trip booked through Thomas Cook. Cannot believe a company with such a good reputation would use this airline. We are not nervous travellers normally but I was convinced we would not make it back in one piece. My husband described it as "a rollercoster on wings". Really bad smell of fuel, almost no safety demonstration, broken seats, the staff were arm-wresting each other on take-off (not very professional!), the plane was so old. The scariest experience of our lives.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  28 April 2011 by F Delferriere   (Belgium)

We've made a return flight Paris - Marsa Alam on an A320. I have to say that crew were all very kind, playing with children, smiling. It's quite rare to see warm food in a charter flight even though the food was forgettable. Seats seem to be refurbished. Mine, during the first flight was broken, and I was always on recline position, even during take-off. Return flight an A320 with no sign on the tail, the space for legs was a shame.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  27 October 2010 by A Miralles   (Switzerland)

We flew Air Memphis from Milan to Hurghada with our 4 month old son. The baby pushchair was broken while handled by airline staff and we are still waiting for an answer from Air Memphis who play dead. Apart from this behaviour, food terrible, staff unpleasant and unhelpful. No baby cot like any decent airline - even though we had been promised one - on a night flight meant that baby slept on our laps and we stayed awake.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  13 September 2010 by Jan Ashdown   (UK)

Luxor via Sharm to Manchester on A320 after Monarch refused to let me and my 8 year old daughter board with Kiss Flights tickets. There were 13 of us stranded at Luxor and about 70 more in Sharm so we only half filled the plane. The crew was friendly, professional and sympathetic to the fact we had been delayed for a further 4 hours. Whilst the plane was obviously quite new, the seats were refurb in my opinion but we had plenty of leg room, a very pleasant but simple dinner - no alcohol on board - but drinks free with our meal unlike Monarch who only give coffee free. As soon as we had eaten and duty free had been up and down, the lights were dimmed as it was very late. Air Memphis may be budget domestic flights but their international flight for me and my companions on board I thinks was excellent.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  27 August 2010 by P Fordham   (UK)

My son and I flew Air Memphis from Hurghada to Cairo (and the return flight) in August 2010. Like most people I had expected an Egyptair plane and was surprised to see Air Memphis as I had never heard of them. I too noticed a pool of some liquid under the plane as we went up the steps to board but gave it little more thought. The flight up to Cairo was on a relatively new Airbus but it had the same problems of broken seats, overhead lockers etc. The person sitting next to me was on her own and obviously a nervous flier at the best of times and she had kittens when the locker above her flew open mid flight! Other than that the flight was uneventful, we were offered but politely refused the date biscuits and carton of drink as they looked like they had been offered round many times previously. The flight back was on an ageing MD83, I have never liked flying on planes where the engines are mounted at the back either side of the tail.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  5 July 2010 by John Lynn   (UK)

I flew Air Memphis Luxor to Abu Simbel on a very ancient Romanian built BAC 111. Frightening on way out, even worse when we landed back at Luxor - we were still deplaning onto a ferry bus when the pilot and engineer used a car jack to replace one of the front wheels that had a very bald tyre in front of all passengers. Never again.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  3 July 2010 by A Tasker   (UK)

Sharm to Cairo day trip. After asking the tour operator who we would be flying with and being told Egypt Air we were not impressed when we found ourselves entering the tail of Air Memphis. I have to say I am not a nervous flier in the slightest but myself and my partner were genuinely fearing for our lives. The journey started off ok, apart from the poor safety demo, but landing was a different matter. Whilst looking out of the window at the scenery coming in to land, I noticed planes and helicopters a good 100m to our right - and then a runway. This set alarm bells ringing but I just thought it must be a huge airport - however, we were almost at the ground when we took off again! People were in tears and panicking all down the aircraft. We were in the air for another 40 minutes with the aircraft seeming to stall midair, drop a bit then speed up on numerous occasions. Needless to say I did not want to get on the flight home that evening. We made it safely back to Sharm that night but I would highly recommend that nobody fly with Air Memphis - ever!

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  9 May 2010 by J Parrott   (UK)

I flew Air Memphis as part of a day tour to Abu Simbel from Aswan. Like many on this site I had assumed that I would be flying Egypt Air but was very surprised when I arrived at the airport with the tour group and saw the ancient DC9 on the tarmac. I'm a nervous flyer anyway and so really had to weight up how much I wanted to see the sites. I decided seeing as my tour manager does this every week and that he's still here, that there must be an element of safety! The safety announcement lasted approx 30 secs and did not involve lifejacket demonstrations (you also fly over Lake Nasser not just desert). They omitted the safety demonstration on the flight back. People were using their mobiles throughout the flight and the cockpit door was propped open frequently. Security was a joke. Our boarding passes had random names on (no form of ID was ever seen nor asked for) and we were allowed any type of fluid with us, they just didn't bother to check. Everyone beeped as they went through the walk through scanners and no one was patted down. The plane was in a poor state with many seats broken, what appeared to be parcel tape holding things together and the constant smell of fuel. I would never choose to fly Air Memphis again and would recommend that people make their own arrangements to fly Egypt Air instead.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  26 April 2010 by Ron McLeod   (USA)

Aswant to Abu Simbel. It's a good thing I have no fear of flying, after a rough flight to Abu Simbel they landed, and during taxi to the parking spot, as they got there they locked the brakes tossing any loose things in the cabin towards the front of the plane. Judging by the laughter from the guides for different groups, this is common. It was a DC9 that had seen better days and was suffering from lack of maintenance. On the return flight it felt as though they were rotating the entire crew, attendants and all, through the pilots seat as the flight would rock from one side to another quite often. After a short (thank goodness) flight back to Aswan, they locked the right brake up on the taxi out to take off. You could smell the rubber from the tire. It was a rough flight. Apparently, there is no safety organization for Egypt for airlines, any other country (except maybe near Russia) would allow this to go on.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  21 December 2009 by Steve Francis   (UK)

Very similar to previous comments! We did the Sharm to Cairo day trip. Sharm to Cairo was OK (almost normal, but a very old/cramped plane). But the return to Sharm in the evening was the first time I've ever really thought we were going to crash-lan. The plane was in a very steep, final descent, and turning left then right then left - right up until we hit (and bounced off again) the runway - and the cockpit door was wide open much of the flight. I would not recommend Air Memphis to anyone. (Boarding passes with random names on, crazy/disorganised boarding process, etc all applied to our return flight too!)

AIR MEMPHIS customer review :  7 December 2009 by John Kneijber   (Australia)

Aswan-Abu Simbel return as part of a pre-booked excursion. Had I known it was this airline I might have thought twice. Flew on a DC9 - I am 45, and sure this aircraft was older than me. It should be in a museum. Most of our tour party were quite relieved to make it back to Aswan - and that is about the most I could say about this flight - we made it back. Surprisingly staff quite good for a 30 minute flight each way. Not for the faint hearted.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review : 26 October 2009 by C Foster

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Sharm to Cairo plane looked tired, scruffy seats, dirty windows and cramped interior. However the flight to Cairo was pleasAnt with a good view of the pyramids and a good landing. After a wonderful day in Cairo we arrived back at the airport for our return flight and things now began to get interesting. After passing through security we were instructed to join a queue at check in where we were joined by a cat who ignored everybody and went to the front. As we waited an officIal walked down the queue and took our boarding passes to the check in desk, on arriving at the desk ( we were last ) we were informed that only three seats remained but there were four passengers. After a few moments of anxious conversation it became clear we were in the queue for a flight to Luxor. Mistake reCtified we received our tickets for our flight to Sharm and discovered that our names were now Anton and Anna.The cat was by this time stretched out on the luggage conveyer belt. After waiting one and half hours we boarded our flight back to Sharm through the rear entrance of the plane with the engines running at what appeared to be more then idle speed. Cairo is a large airport at the taxi journey to the runway can be a protracted business (20mins) this was when a few doubts began to surface, sudden large increases of thrust that some passengers thought we were about to take off. When the aircraft braked you could hear the brakes grinding, take off was good and the fifty minute flight was fine until final approach to Sharm and changes in engine speeds that suggested there may have been a problem. However we landed safely and after taxing to stand I did think that the ground staff were a little tentative about approaching the aircraft, throughout both journeys the crew were polite and professional same crew both ways.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review : 26 September 2009 by J Croote

1 Star Rating

My wife and I flew Sharm to Luxor on the DC9 -as the other comments say, seats where broken, the same crew that we had in the early morning still controlled the plane on the return flight late that night. I'm sure we all recall the somewhat vertically challenged stewardess handing out the date biscuits and fruit drinks. As we entered though the tail my wife pointed to the "gaffer tape" holding things together I noticed a large puddle of fluid under the body I convinced myself it was just water! However we got there and back on landing there was a deserved round of applause.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review : 2 September 2009 by H Collins

1 Star Rating

We booked the Aswan-Abu Simbel excursion thinking we'd fly on an Egyptair aircraft but what we found at Aswan airport was an old DC9 of this previously unknown company called Air Memphis. The flight was ok but I wouldn't recommend the same experience to anybody. The airplane was old and smelly, seats were broken, no safety demonstration and fantasy names on our boarding cards. I'm an experienced flier but this was one of the worst experiences in my life, don't do the same mistake and if you want to visit Abu Simbel (which is beautiful, by the way) book an Egyptair flight or just forget about it.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review : 30 July 2009 by Brenda Jones

1 Star Rating

I agree with all other comments I've read! Flew Sharm to Luxor return last week and have never been so scared on take off or landing both ways. The MD83 was dirty, dark and smelly and passenger comfort, even on a short flight, was non existent. On the return to Sharm we boarded the aircraft through the rear of the plane, between the two engines, which were/appeared to be slightly running. We had the same cabin crew as the morning flight, 14 hours previously, and they were virtually fainting from the heat. After sitting on the plane for nearly 20 mins before take off all passengers were incredibly hot to the point of wanting to disembark. The cabin crew did they're best with limited resources. We also received juice and fig roll biscuits both ways but one lucky local passenger was given a hot meal. A holiday rep in the seat in front of us was using his mobile phone during the flight and no one stopped him. The sound of what appeared to be wind rushing through the cabin during the flight did nothing to inspire confidence. I have never been so glad to get off of an aircraft. My advice would be to check with your tour operator before booking an excursion because I would never travel with this airline again.

AIR MEMPHIS customer review : 17 July 2009 by J Hudson

1 Star Rating

Returned yesterday from a fantastic holiday along the Nile and Cairo. However this also included the experience of a lifetime - flying with Memphis Air twice. I am a seasoned air traveller but I have to say that flying with this airline did leave me genuinely frightened at several times during the flights to and from Aswan to Abu Simbel. The worst part was the return to Aswan where the pilot was continuously revving and throttling back the engines, seemingly at random. Presumably he did have a reason, but it felt as if he was battling with some problem. I decided to keep a check on the faces of the cabin crew and if they looked worried then that would be the time to panic! It genuinely was a scary flight on both occasions. Commenting afterwards a friend of mine described the trip as "exciting" which is one thing you do not want to hear during any flight!

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

Read AIR MEMPHIS customer reviews, compare Passenger reviews, Air Memphis Product Service standards reviews