Turkish Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"only room for one foot"

Turkish Airlines A330-200 seats are less comfortable than newer ones on their narrowbody aircraft, pretty hard cushion for a long haul flight but the seat pitch is okay, but not the legroom. In the rear economy cabin, under seats B, D and J you find big boxes for the inflight entertainment, under seats A, E, F and K you find huge ones. Only the G seats come with sufficient legroom. While the big boxes do reduce the legroom, the huge boxes leave only room for one foot (no room for the left foot under A and E seats, no room for the right foot under F and K seats). Didn't check the forward economy cabin, so maybe the position of the IFE boxes is a bit different. The boxes don't have sharp edges so you can put a foot on them. Besides, there are footrests installed, but only in front of the IFE boxes. So at every seat you find a misaligned footrest for only one of your feet, depending if the IFE box is on the right or left side of the seat in front of you. When folded up, the footrest bumps against you knee (also just one of your both) when the person in front of you reclines the seat. Needless to say that these notorious IFE boxes make it impossible to somehow sit comfortable - you have the choice between one foot up, one down or sitting misaligned with your feet over each other. What a remarkable coincidence that on my flight today I had a seat with a huge IFE box (full flight, so no other seats avaliable), but the IFE itself wasn't working at all. Had another flight on an A330-300 earlier this year and didn't have a bad experience with the IFE boxes there - they also have different seats in these aircraft. I fly Turkish a lot and I'm quite satisfied, but just stay away from those A330-200s!
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Date FlownDecember 2015

"the worst flight ever!"

(Nigeria)

Flew with Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to Lagos. I have to say, the worst flight ever! They changed our seats,and I was sitting at the 28F instead of 14G I had booked! The TV didn't have any controller, only a TV touchscreen which you had to press on one for 3 minutes until it recognised your hand. The only thing I liked was the food and the movies. The toilets were dirty. It's the last time I'll fly with Turkish Airlines.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"last time I'll fly Turkish Airlines"

(Nigeria)

Flew with Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to Lagos. They changed our seats, and I was sitting at 28F instead of 14G I had booked! The TV didn't have any controller, only a TV touchscreen which you had to press on one for 3 minutes until it recognised your hand. The only thing I liked was the food and the movies. The toilets were dirty. Cabin crew was friendly overall. It's the last time I'll fly with Turkish Airlines.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2-4-2
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"very good seat for money"

(Bangladesh)

Very good seat for money. Like a business class seat of some airlines.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Seat Layout2×3×2
Date FlownJuly 2015
Power Supply 12345

"unacceptable seating"

Unacceptable seating, row 5 was in permanent recline into row 6 and no recline option on the seats in row 6. The distance from my face to the back of the seat was 6 inches. The trays had been polished so that the wine and food promptly slid into my lap, the fact that the tray table was already at an angle didn't help. On landing preparation I asked the attendant to put the row 5 seat upright and he could not.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat is very uncomfortable"

(Austria)

VIE to IST and then to CMB. Both with A330-300. The seat is very uncomfortable: narrow poor pitch and very hard. Best you sit on the pillow. On the way back A330-300 CMB-IST and A320 IST-VIE. While seat pitch on the A320 is even worse the seat is more comfortable and wider.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"had a very minimal recline"

The seat while comfortable had a very minimal recline. There was plenty of room to go back more but the seat did not. For LAX-IST worth the $ as economy was full & looked cramped.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300
Seat Layout2x3x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"experience was similar to flying on easyjet"

We travelled London to Istanbul on an afternoon/evening flight. I had thought that Turkish Airlines was a good quality airline but the experience was similar to flying on easyjet. We had seats in row 8 which has no row of seats behind it - seats B C D and E I would definitely recommend especially if you like to recline. Seats A and F I would not recommend as they couldn't recline at all - though my seat seemed not to be fully upright with a very curved seat back and I got a bad headache halfway through because of the inability to sit up straight. I wouldn't recommend paying for business class as the only difference was seats were 2x2 and food was served more regularly. There was only a flimsy partition to separate from economy. Overall the seats were okay width-wise and seemed to have a good recline (apart from mine). There was also a small fold-out metal footrest and the headrest wings moved forward or backwards.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"aisles seemed especially narrow"

This aeroplane was much nicer than the A320 we'd flown on one week earlier. Seats were wider headrests moved up and down recline was good there were individual screens - though only one movie which started about an hour into the flight. Economy seats began at row 11 and both rows 11 and seats 12 A and F have good legroom. The person in front of me had his seat fully reclined the whole flight which was annoying but not as bad as some flights I've been on. It was difficult to eat my meal that way too. The aisles seemed especially narrow and I had to walk sideways to get to the toilet. Everyone had to move their legs/elbows/etc when someone walked down the aisle - doesn't seem very good. Couldn't they make the plane 20cms wider?! Business class had a slightly sturdier partition on this plane though still a flimsy curtain separating them from economy.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A321
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"this seat was satisfactory"

I'm 6'2" tall this seat was satisfactory. Just be careful if the person in front of you reclines their seat your trip will be miserable.
Aircraft TypeB777-300ER