Swiss Intl Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"economy class is a joke"

(Spain)

Economy class is a joke! Leg room almost inexistent. Super restricted under seat storage. Using the table in front of me was a struggle during the 8 hour flight over the Atlantic. Even though I booked an aisle seat I had a hard time getting up and sitting down. Poor interior layout... How do they expect people to fly with Swiss again?? Never never again. This airline used to be OK now it is similar to the low level institutions in the industry. Rude flight attendants I do not know if it is the so called Swiss attitude but they are not service oriented. By the way the crowd in the plane was weird. Mostly old people perhaps a sign or a symptom? Stay away at all cost!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"incredibly cramped and uncomfortable"

(Spain)

Incredibly cramped and uncomfortable. The seats are narrow and hard leg room is very limited. To add insult to injury this is also the worst food I've ever had on a long haul flight! Staff however were pleasant and courteous. Their own short haul plane was a massive improvement in all respects. Seems very illogical to me.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"my knees touched the seat in front"

I am 186 m (6ft 1inch) tall and flew on Swiss LX092 and 093 ZRH-GRU-ZRH. The seats in Swiss Economy are not suitable for people over 160 m. The space between the rows is so small that my knees touched the seat in front. In that position I could not see anything on the video-screen. When the front seat reclined the tray laid on my belly. You cannot recline the seat back to a decent rest position. Moreover the seat is very narrow forcing you to maintain permanently a straight seating position. The seats are not too bad but not sufficiently comfortable for a flight of over 10 hours under these conditions. On the return flight there was a box in my legroom underneath the seat in front which took half of my legroom. I could only place one foot under the front seat next to the box the other had to stay in the aisle which led to permanent problems with trolleys and other guests when passing my seat row. It was impossible to sleep and my legs and my back started aching after a few hours. I complained shortly after we left Sao Paulo but the Purser was not able and to my impression not willing to find a remedy. Admittedly the economy class was full but business was not. In any case it is brazenness to sell these seats as regular economy seats which are already very uncomfortable but it is torcher to place a grown up in such a seat on long distance.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"just 3 seats in the middle"

(Greece)

Zurich to Singapore a 13 hours flight. We were given 2 seats in the last row of the airplane. This row is different from the rest of the plane. There are just 3 seats in the middle and the toilets in each side in a very small distance some 30-40cm max from the seats!

"Y-class extremely cramped"

(Austria)

Delhi to Zurich in December. The 9 hours flight was only bearable due to an aisle seat. This gave me (175 cm "tall") at least some space to stretch out my legs on this night flight. Due to IFE and and an old fashioned overall seat design economy in Swiss' Y-class extremely cramped. It is odd to find yourself on a seat with more pitch on the connecting intra-European short-haul flight. The short-haul fleet on Swiss has been fitted with new Recaro-seats that offer a lot more space. Even though they might be a bit harder I would choose them over the current Swiss long-haul offering any time. If you are forced on a Swiss long-haul flight try to secure a bulkhead seat as these are the only currently acceptable Y-seats on Swiss' long-haul fleet.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat is comfortable to sit and sleep"

LHR-CAI via ZRH. First leg an A321. the seat is ok but more or less similar to other European budget airlines. ZRH to CAI good cabin crew seat is comfortable to sit and sleep. PTV works well.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are very uncomfortable"

Seats are very uncomfortable there is hardly any padding and what is left feels "lumpy". Due to an equipment box at the window seat there is very little leg room. When the seat is fully reclined you can hardly eat and drink or get out of your seat.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the hardest I have ever sat in"

(New Zealand)

Never ever again will I travel on Swiss airlines. Unfortunately we have to do the return to Singapore. The seats are the hardest I have ever sat in. My legs felt as if they were cramped to my chin. Walking after getting out of the seat was painful to my knees. It was a horrible experience. We travelled from Tokyo to Zurich
Seat Layout2x2x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are OK - better than most"

(Oman)

These seats are OK - better than most. They seem a little firmer than some but I can generally sleep in economy and I am 5'11'' and weigh 90kg so I'm not exactly petite. Take care about the AVOD boxes which severely restrict legroom in some seats. Legroom is just about OK elsewhere.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"absolutely terrible and cramped"

I'm only 50kg and I can't move in these seats. Absolutely terrible and cramped. Was so upset when I realised we had to take the same airline home. Will never fly SWISS again!
Seat Layout2x2x2