Swiss Intl Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"why is long haul so cramped?"

Why is long haul so cramped? Hard skinny and very uncomfortable the very worst long haul flight I have had to endure. Just to add insult to injury the food was also the worst I have ever had.

"could not stretch legs"

Seats are just not suitable for a 12-13hr flight. Flew ZRH-SIN-ZRH and it was a nightmare of a night flight. Full cabin could not stretch legs. When seat in front is reclined you cannot view your screen. AVOD not the best. Cabin crew professional but not warm. Food not worth commenting on. Made the seat feel even worse!
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"had very insufficient legroom"

Seat 21d had very insufficient legroom I am 6'1½" tall. It did not help that I had an obnoxious co- passenger in 20d who insisted on putting his seat in a fully back reclining position for most of the flight despite being advised by me that I had long legs and he was pushing on them. For some of the flight Zurich-Athens I had my feet and lower legs in the aisle but that interfered with passenger and cart traffic as well it was an uncomfortable physical position. I was told by the crew that all European airlines use the same seating layout on 321s. For the record the first leg BOS-Zurich on an Airbus 330-300 was fine seating adequate. On both legs the service was fine.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A321
Seat Layout3x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"just 3 seats in the middle"

(Greece)

Zurich to Singapore a 13 hours flight. We were given 2 seats in the last row of the airplane. This row is different from the rest of the plane. There are just 3 seats in the middle and the toilets in each side in a very small distance some 30-40cm max from the seats!

"Y-class extremely cramped"

(Austria)

Delhi to Zurich in December. The 9 hours flight was only bearable due to an aisle seat. This gave me (175 cm "tall") at least some space to stretch out my legs on this night flight. Due to IFE and and an old fashioned overall seat design economy in Swiss' Y-class extremely cramped. It is odd to find yourself on a seat with more pitch on the connecting intra-European short-haul flight. The short-haul fleet on Swiss has been fitted with new Recaro-seats that offer a lot more space. Even though they might be a bit harder I would choose them over the current Swiss long-haul offering any time. If you are forced on a Swiss long-haul flight try to secure a bulkhead seat as these are the only currently acceptable Y-seats on Swiss' long-haul fleet.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat is comfortable to sit and sleep"

LHR-CAI via ZRH. First leg an A321. the seat is ok but more or less similar to other European budget airlines. ZRH to CAI good cabin crew seat is comfortable to sit and sleep. PTV works well.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are very uncomfortable"

Seats are very uncomfortable there is hardly any padding and what is left feels "lumpy". Due to an equipment box at the window seat there is very little leg room. When the seat is fully reclined you can hardly eat and drink or get out of your seat.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the hardest I have ever sat in"

(New Zealand)

Never ever again will I travel on Swiss airlines. Unfortunately we have to do the return to Singapore. The seats are the hardest I have ever sat in. My legs felt as if they were cramped to my chin. Walking after getting out of the seat was painful to my knees. It was a horrible experience. We travelled from Tokyo to Zurich
Seat Layout2x2x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are OK - better than most"

(Oman)

These seats are OK - better than most. They seem a little firmer than some but I can generally sleep in economy and I am 5'11'' and weigh 90kg so I'm not exactly petite. Take care about the AVOD boxes which severely restrict legroom in some seats. Legroom is just about OK elsewhere.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"absolutely terrible and cramped"

I'm only 50kg and I can't move in these seats. Absolutely terrible and cramped. Was so upset when I realised we had to take the same airline home. Will never fly SWISS again!
Seat Layout2x2x2