Spirit Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"doesn’t have a recline"

Trip Verified | Absolutely worst! Avoid this airline at all cost. I’m 5’1” and 170 Lbs and didn’t have a space to sit properly. Imagine if someone is a little bigger. 4”x8” tray table. Really? Why do you even bother having one? Seat doesn’t have a recline option. Just stiff the whole trip. Will never fly it ever again
Date FlownMarch 2019
Viewing Tv Screen 12345
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"most uncomfortable plane seats"

Not Verified | I have been traveling via airplane since I was 5 years old--I am now 47 years old. In my late 20's I literally flew to a different city every single weekend from January to May for 6 years for work. Our company never splurged and flew us first-class or even business-class. Not to mention the fact that it was never the same airline. The ticket purchased was based on whichever airline offered the cheapest ticket. I was always in coach and can honestly say that I never got off the plane and thought, "Wow, that was an amazing and relaxing flight". There were many times I was uncomfortable and complained about the experience. I can honestly say that flying on Spirit Airlines was without exaggeration, worse than any flying experience I have ever encountered. The seats are literally the most uncomfortable plane seats I have sat in. They don't recline even 1 centimeter and the head rest is so large that your neck is bent forward for the entire flight. The seats do not recline. You must pay for your window seat selection even if there are plenty of open seats available. It was by far the most miserable travel experience I have encountered and I absolutely refuse to ever fly Spirit again.
Date FlownFebruary 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"Seats are most uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Seats are the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced. With my personal minimum bag stuffed under the seat in front I had no leg room. I ended up putting my bag on my lap to be able to extend my legs. Seat spacing is so tight I sat with my arms pulled in to my lap. There is no way you could assume the crash position with your head between your knees. I keep shifting on my seat which was as hard as metal chair. In fact the seats are like metal folding chairs partially covered with a thin leatherette covering. I'm glad it was only a 4 and a half hour flight. Anything longer would have been totally unbearable. I'll never book this airline again. Cheap flight doesn't offset extreme pain.
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"Seat bottom was worn and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Seat 13F, exit row window seat on the right side. Legroom is great. Seat bottom was worn and uncomfortable. Seat does not recline. There is a window (some exit row seat do not have windows, I hate not being able to look outside). The tray table is standard size and slides forward. The seat back pocket is also standard size. This seat would be very good if the seat bottom was more comfortable, and it may be on different Spirit aircraft.
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Seats are hard plastic"

Trip Verified | Seats are hard plastic with a thin vinyl covering over them and 1/4 inch of foam on the bottom. It was a long flight from Florida to Lima and my butt was killing me by the time we got there. You will need to bring your own cushion for long flights - like sitting on bleachers at a ball game!
Aircraft TypeA319
Date FlownAugust 2017
Viewing Tv Screen 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"blew away my expectations"

Trip Verified | My experience with Spirit blew away my expectations. I flew Spirit coming home from a trip in which I flew in with JetBlue (which has always been my favorite). JetBlue gave me a bit of a hassle because my ticket was booked under my married name and all my IDs are still in my maiden name (whoops!). But when I arrived early to change my boarding pass with Spirit, they were nothing but cheerful and helpful. They changed it with no problem and gave me no attitude or anything (whereas I received a few huffs and eye-rolls from JetBlue). I was still nervous about my seat. When I finally boarded the plane the seats looked normal. My seat was clean, despite a couple of stains on the tray table. No big deal. No tv on the back of the seat, but I had downloaded a couple movies on my phone. You have to pay for food, but whatever. I think water and soda was like $3, and the snacks were around there. I'm between 5'7" and 5'8" and around 145lbs and found my seat to be comfortable. Or, I'll say this: I was equally comfortable on this seat than I was on my JetBlue seat. Both flights were about 5 hours, and sitting on anything for that long is bound to make your bum a little sore. I was able to stretch my legs out underneath the seat in front of me sort of, and rest my head on the window. I even slept! Going into this flight I thought I'd never fly Spirit again. Now I know I will. JetBlue will probably always be my gold standard (free food!!), but Spirit is a close second. The $45 for a carryon is still a bummer though.
Aircraft TypeA319
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Seats are comfortable"

Verified Review | I read many reviews and was scared to fly this airline but after this past week, I am glad I did. I am 6'4 and I fit perfectly fine in these seats. I had enough leg room, the only problem is that I cannot rest my head on the headrest but I can't do that on any airline. It was 3x3 but really did not make a difference. On my round trip, I sat next to a little girl and on the way back a mother. No difference in space. Seats are comfortable and there is enough room for at least 3 hour flight, if not longer.
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"seats are uncomfortable"

The seats are uncomfortable, tight for a man who is 5'9", height and weight proportional and the back of the seats are so thin that you have no padding. Anyone, a small child (prevalent on these economy flights due to their low cost) tapping, or otherwise touching your seat is immediately noticeable. The seats do not recline. Since the flights are usually sold out there is very little possibility of not having someone next to you. Very disappointing.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"how bad this was"

Spirit Airlines A320 was horrible - and that is the best thing I can say about this up and coming airline! Cannot believe I even had to give them a 1, because it wouldn't take a zero. By the way this is the first time I have ever done a review for anything. That should tell you how bad this was for me and my wife,
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"comfortable for an hour or two"

The seats weren't extremely comfortable. It's a good thing I'm only 5'7". I was the only one sitting in my row without my knees jammed into the seat in front of them. The seat itself wasn't too bad. I could be comfortable for an hour or two, but any longer and it would feel cramped.
Date FlownAugust 2015