Southwest Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"middle seat was for her friend"

Not Verified | Passengers need to stop placing their carry-ons in the seat next to them to save the seat for their friends who haven't boarded. That's why Southwest has boarding numbers! I got into an argument with a passenger who was in an aisle seat and placed her purse in the seat next to her. When my husband and I tried to take the seats beside her, she said the middle seat was for her friend (who hadn't boarded). I told her that there was no assigned seating, therefore she couldn't hold the seat. My husband decided to proceed to another seat because he didn't want to argue. I stayed in the window seat, and her friend finally showed up and sat in the middle seat. The airline needs to stress that purses are not to be placed in empty seats as a placeholder. I hate when people try to manipulate the system to their convenience. Southwest Airlines, please stress the "no seat assignment rule" when passengers are boarding. Passenger in the B&C zone will be much happier.
Date FlownSeptember 2018
Viewing Tv Screen 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"tried to save 4 complete rows of seats"

Verified Review | Passenger tried to save 4 complete rows of seats. The steward refused to settle the dispute among other passengers needing a seat. The passenger trying to save all the rows was pushing and shoving and passenger trying to sit in them. Again, the steward did nothing.
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"plane is comfy, the staff is kind"

Verified Review | This airline is great if you just need to "hop" from one location to the next. The plane is comfy, the staff is kind, and in-flight is nothing special, but not bad at all! The legroom isn't great (31') but I felt very comfortable at 6' 1". I would fly this airline again, but just not for a longer flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-700
Date FlownJuly 2016
Power Supply 12345

"It was comfortable"

I loved flying on Southwest Airlines ! It was comfortable. I'm short, it was roomy. We flew from Birmingham, AL, to a layover in Chicago, then from there to New York for a church mission trip. They have some of the best planes, the air was very nice and easy to control, everything was to liking. I felt very safe on the plane, and all of the staff were friendly.
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"threatened with removal from plane"

I am very tall. For that reason, my husband paid extra for early bird boarding. My number was A38. After all the pre-boarders (Handicapped folks and a lady with 3 dogs) and business rate folks board, that would put me at about #50. No way to get a seat with adequate legroom. I approached the gate agent and he seemed very accommodating, allowing me to pre board with the wheelchair folks. What he did not tell me is that pre boarders are not allowed to sit in exit row. So what was the point of that exercise then. When the plane was almost full is when I was given that lovely snippet of info. Things went back and forth and for the first time in my life of flying numerous airlines over the course of over 40 year I was threatened with removal from the plane. For the record, I was not loud, rude, threatening, belligerent or anything that would warrant that. In the end they moved me to the front row. The flight attendant put forth a valiant effort and even gave me a drink free of charge. Regardless, this was my first experience flying Southwest and there will not be another.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-700
Date FlownJune 2016

"pretty uncomfortable"

Obviously not a overly comfortable ride from Baltimore to Phoenix. We boarded in Group A so we had the first choice to seats. If you are in the later groups to board, I can guarantee you'll be sitting in the middle seat next to two strangers. You get your standard selection of soda and juice with a small prepackaged snack like pretzels. Seats are pretty uncomfortable but what do you expect with a "budget" airline. Crew was nice and helpful.
Date FlownJune 2015

"is very uncomfortable"

Southwest as is famous for its low price, low budget traveling choice. With only one class offered in its 737s, the all economy seating in Southwest Airline fleet is very uncomfortable. But since Southwest is know for its low price, it is still a good choice for those who would like to travel/fly with very low price. For long distance such as flying from West to East coast in America, maybe a different airline would be a better choice.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-700/800
Date FlownMarch 2016

"cramped and uncomfortable"

The seats are small, cramped, and uncomfortable. By far the worst airline we have experienced. There are no inflight entertainment to past the time. The crew is unfriendly and not very helpful. The first come first serve policy is ridiculous and makes the entire seating experience worse.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"acceptable for short-haul"

Southwest's newer slimline seats are acceptable for short-haul flights. I am 6'1" and find the legroom to be on the better side of average. However, the seats are too narrow; there is no way to avoid shoulder cramps unless I bump into the person stuck in the middle seat. Seatback pockets are tight, but at least they are large enough to accommodate a headphone case.
Date FlownDecember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"couldn't find a seat together"

Not having assigned seating is horrible with Southwest Airlines. Flying home my 8yr old had to sit alone because we couldn't find a seat together and the flight attendants were no help at all! Very uncomfortable, no leg room, the person I had to sit beside was constantly bumping me! Not happy at all
Date FlownNovember 2015