Ryanair

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Seats are very uncomfortable"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Seats are very uncomfortable, had neck pain pain for 2 days after the trip. They assigned me a random seat obviously the worst I can get just because I didn't pay extras.
Date FlownNovember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

" paid extra for the front row of seats"

Not Verified | Ryanair is renowned for cheap flights and if booked well in advance my return from Manchester to Gran Canaria was £42. I bought 2 tickets and paid extra for the front row of seats having loads of leg room and priority boarding etc. The bill went from £84 to £269 for the 2 of us. On boarding at Manchester the cabin crew had sat somebody in our seats and made us sit us regular seats. I explained I had paid a lot of money for those seats to refused to sit there. I contacted Ryanair to have their T and C quoted to me that they can move people if for safety and security and would not get a refund. In all it’s a waste of money and customers service is outweighed by greed. I agree you get what you pay for but I paid and didn’t get anything of the sort.
Date FlownOctober 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"worth paying for this seat"

Trip Verified | Seat 17D in the emergency exit row. Lots of legroom and priority boarding. Seats in the emergency exit row on this aircraft are narrower than other seats because the tray table stows in the armrest. It's still worth paying for this seat to get the extra legroom if you're tall. I think the seats may be made of vinyl and the back support is not that great but it's okay for short flights.
Date FlownMay 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"no no for people over 1.85 meters"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | This airline is a no no for people over 1.85 meters in Height. I am something taller than that and I had trouble fitting my knees straight. They do inform you with seat space but it is a marketing trick that they don't say you can't fit if you are above a certain height. 3/10 just cause it's super cheap
Date FlownMay 2019

"Seats too small"

Trip Verified | Seats too small, tidy, almost no leg space. No screen, No flight tracking, No free entertainment, No free water, No free food, No free snacks. Very small space for your baggage in the cabin.
Date FlownApril 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"recline of seat very uncomfortable"

Not Verified | This was my first flight with Ryanair from Düsseldorf-Weeze to Pisa. Since I am not a really tall person and normally thin, the seat width and legroom was okay for me. I've expected worse. But the recline of the seat was very uncomfortable. It's not enjoyable sitting in there for two hours. The aisle space was nothing special and acceptable. TV-Screens, seat pockets and seat power supply are non-existent. In the end I wouldn't recommend this airline. You get what you pay for but I'd rather pay a bit more for a healthy back.
Date FlownJune 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"uncomfortable with no recline"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Ryanair's randomly allocated seating policy is such a mess. Any other airline allows you to sit with your family if there is room. Ryanair forces you to sit separately unless you pay an additional 10-18 euro per person per direction. All this does is creates chaos when everyone tries to swap their seats around during boarding. I sat in row 33 while my husband sat in row 9. Upon disembarking most families, ourselves included couldn't easily find each other and this in turn caused more confusion in the passport line. The seats themselves are typical of a low budget airline, thin and uncomfortable with no recline.
Date FlownDecember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"con you out of money to sit together"

Trip Verified | I’ve just checked in with Ryanair for the two of us and have selected their “Free” random seating, I have been given a seat in row 10 and my partner a seat in row 22! When I then try to go and change the seats the seats either side of us on each row are free and we can sit next to each other for a fee. Why could the random seating not seat us together when there are all these two seats together which are free? Oh, it’s because Ryanair want to con you out of more money to sit together! Not even your your children are safe from this con as you have to pay to sit next to them. No other airline has stooped as low as Ryanair! Also if you decide to sit next to a loved one the cost of the seat is considerably higher than if you sit say 2-3 rows behind, so they even increase the seat fee to sit right next to them, Ryanair you have no morels! I would suggest that you definitely do not pay the fee con and instead on boarding the aircraft during boarding stand in the aisles and ask other passengers with the same problem as there are many to try and swap with you, as there will be lots of you doing this it will slow down the boarding and cause issues for Ryanair but why should you care? It is Ryanair that has changed their seating process and caused you more stress so this is how we now have to sort it out!
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"purposely allocate seats apart"

(Spain)

Verified Review | We flew from Leeds to Alicante. I checked in on line 3 minutes after it opened. I did not wish to pre purchase seats as we had just paid £69.99 for each seat.They allocated 15E for me & 28E for my wife. When I was seated there was the window seat next to me & the window seat on the opposite row both vacant. I have emailed Ryan air 3 times now suggesting that their policy has changed & they purposely allocate seats apart so you will pay the extra money. They have replied but not answered the seat allocation problem. We fly to the Uk about every 6 weeks but no more with this airline.
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"most uncomfortable flying experience"

Verified Review | Absolutely terrible. I'm 6'4" and even on an aisle seat, I couldn't fit my knees behind the seat in front. The seats don't recline at all either, the cushions are rock hard and the upholstery is so slippery that you slip down all the time. By far in a way the most uncomfortable flying experience I've ever had. Will never use them again.
Date FlownAugust 2017