Qantas Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"very comfortable for me"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Seat was nice and wide, very comfortable for me in Both Boeing 787 & A330. Very good leg space easy to lean the seat and it was easy to sleep in long flight. They give blanket and a pillow as well for the comfort.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787 / A330
Seat Layout3x3x3 / 2x4x2
Date FlownNovember 2019

"seat was comfortable"

Trip Verified | The A330-300 business class seat was comfortable, easy to operate and to make it as a bed. There was a lap/sash seatbelt (easy to adjust) which was new to me. As a bed it comfortable allowing good sleep. It was not far from the kitchen/toilets but noise from these areas was not a problem.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout1x2x1
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cheap out on breakfast"

Trip Verified | Row 6 is sandwiched between the galley and economy. Bring your headphones and earplugs because you're going to need them. Nobody bothers with dinner because it's the middle of the night when it leaves. What irks me is Qantas cheap out totally on breakfast with a miserable bowl of muesli. When you only have one meal on a business class flight it would be reasonable to make at least a little effort. The staff were nonetheless great, and customer focused. Flight arrived on time and seats were comfortable enough to get a little sleep.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Seat Layout1x2x1
Date FlownOctober 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"ridiculous lack of legroom"

Not Verified | Myself, wife and son were travelling from Sydney to Denpasar. Our seats were in the 2-3-2 configuration as we were seated at the very rear of the aircraft 58 D,E & F. The first thing I noticed when I managed to ‘contort’ myself into the seat was the absolute ridiculous lack of legroom. I am a tall man and expect this to occur, however I flew to Singapore in March on the same type of aircraft in Economy and found the legroom to be significantly different in that it was slightly larger. I could extend my legs without hitting the seat in front. This was not the case however. I felt sorry for the poor person in front as I continually bumped his seat trying to get comfortable. In addition the try table was broken and I had to support it with my legs during meal service.The seat USB also wasn’t working. Entertainment screen was good, just a little unresponsive, this wasn’t an issue though. I know there is the age old ‘you can always pay the extra!’ I need to point out though, like many people this is just unaffordable plus at this point in time Qantas doesn’t have premium economy on this route on this aircraft. Extra legroom seats were also unavailable. I choose Qantas from loyalty and have never had a bad experience with anything until now. I sincerely hope that with 20+ hour flights likely that they reconsider their Economy seats. Maybe consider removing one row.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Seat Layout2x4x2 / 2x3x2
Date FlownOctober 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"seats with just slight recline"

Trip Verified | QF46 Denpasar to Melbourne. The worst flight I have ever had in an international business class flight. It started with the awful Premier lounge at DPS, continued with no fast lane for Business in the gate lounge, a cramped bus ride out on the tarmac, only to find we had seats with just slight recline, not proper lie flat seating I'd expected in a 6 hour night flight in business. The food on the plane was mediocre. The entertainment consisted of 16 movies suited to teenagers and some recycled TV series. I couldn't even find any music albums. The headset provided was not noise cancelling. I am 73, very tall and not agile, and when I needed to go to the bathroom it was almost impossible to get out of my window seat because the people in front had reclined their seats. The toilet was so cramped I couldn't even stand upright in there. The one redeeming features was that the cabin crew were nice and friendly, and up for a bit of banter.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownSeptember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"extra aisle space next to it"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Seat 54F on the A330 has extra aisle space next to it despite being in the middle of the row. Having two extra seat spaces in front of me for storage is fantastic. The comfy leather seat also has good lower-back support and the thick enough armrest is really helpful. The headrest can be better though. My favorite aspect of this Qantas plane/seat is having tablet/phone holder on usual IFE spot.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJuly 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"the most uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | I flew from LAX to SYD because friends said Qantas does things right and you’ll have a great flight, even in Economy. Do not believe your friends. This was the most uncomfortable flight of my life. When we finally arrived, I felt like I was prying myself out of a sardine can. The seat pitch was so small you could not stand upright getting in or out of your seat. The best thing about the flight was the very friendly flight attendants. Next time I will fly a different airline to Sydney, business class, (as the business class on this airline is unaffordable).
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownMay 2019

"very comfortable seats"

Trip Verified | These are very comfortable business class seats that can easily be configured to suit whatever position you wish to be in. I flew from LAX to SYD (Feb 5) and then returned from MEL to LAX (Feb 22) in row 17 in the middle seats. These are very good seats as both middle seats have access to the aisle. The window seats look like you have to climb over the person on the aisle, but it looks like there is enough room so that you do not disturb the person on the aisle. Qantas gives you pajamas to change into for a long flight that are very comfy. They also have a "mattress" that they lay on the seat prior to sleeping. They also provide very soft bedding so you can enjoy a very good sleep. The bathrooms are a little tight for changing, but that's a minor thing in my opinion.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout2x2x2
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"totally worn out"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | It was a long time we did not have a bad experience. Boeing 737-800 seat with extra leg room (30 dollars extra) was hard as wood, most probably totally worn out. An 8 cm sandwich was given on a 3h30 flight and with a candy as dessert. Staff was almost impolite except the head purser who should have been retired 15 years ago.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownFebruary 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"economy seats are non-reclineable"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Trans Tasman flight from Wellington to Sydney. First time ever I have encountered a plane where all economy seats are non-reclineable. The button is blanked off flat and cannot be used. I know it’s only a 3.5 hour flight but a little bit of recline so the seat is not stark upright is far more comfortable. I travel and fly several times a year and first time I’ve encountered this. Is this to be the new norm on Qantas Jetconnect flights? I’m keen to know if others have noticed this change?
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737