Qantas Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the most uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | I flew from LAX to SYD because friends said Qantas does things right and you’ll have a great flight, even in Economy. Do not believe your friends. This was the most uncomfortable flight of my life. When we finally arrived, I felt like I was prying myself out of a sardine can. The seat pitch was so small you could not stand upright getting in or out of your seat. The best thing about the flight was the very friendly flight attendants. Next time I will fly a different airline to Sydney, business class, (as the business class on this airline is unaffordable).
Date FlownMay 2019

"very comfortable seats"

Trip Verified | These are very comfortable business class seats that can easily be configured to suit whatever position you wish to be in. I flew from LAX to SYD (Feb 5) and then returned from MEL to LAX (Feb 22) in row 17 in the middle seats. These are very good seats as both middle seats have access to the aisle. The window seats look like you have to climb over the person on the aisle, but it looks like there is enough room so that you do not disturb the person on the aisle. Qantas gives you pajamas to change into for a long flight that are very comfy. They also have a "mattress" that they lay on the seat prior to sleeping. They also provide very soft bedding so you can enjoy a very good sleep. The bathrooms are a little tight for changing, but that's a minor thing in my opinion.
Seat Layout2x2x2
Seat/bed Length 12345
Seat Privacy 12345

"totally worn out"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | It was a long time we did not have a bad experience. Boeing 737-800 seat with extra leg room (30 dollars extra) was hard as wood, most probably totally worn out. An 8 cm sandwich was given on a 3h30 flight and with a candy as dessert. Staff was almost impolite except the head purser who should have been retired 15 years ago.
Date FlownFebruary 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"economy seats are non-reclineable"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Trans Tasman flight from Wellington to Sydney. First time ever I have encountered a plane where all economy seats are non-reclineable. The button is blanked off flat and cannot be used. I know it’s only a 3.5 hour flight but a little bit of recline so the seat is not stark upright is far more comfortable. I travel and fly several times a year and first time I’ve encountered this. Is this to be the new norm on Qantas Jetconnect flights? I’m keen to know if others have noticed this change?
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date FlownDecember 2017

"find the smallest seat"

Trip Verified | I was so looking forward to coming home and on a Qantas flight too! So I get on and find the smallest seat since the 70's and the seat in front goes back with a clunk - no halfway decisions here! When the meal is delivered the tray is so small that the only thing they can deliver is a roll, and main and a pudding dumped down unceremoniously. The movie i tried to watch froze at least 6 times. I asked for a reset and got nothing. I just kept restarting the movie and going back to the freeze area and trying again so also on another movie - Emirates, Etihad, Singapore are all superior to this flight. Qantas used to be so good - what happened? Despite having a few Q FF points left I shall reconsider whether this is the best FF programme for me to be part of.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"the drop in service quality"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | We have just flown return from Christchurch to Heathrow. Disappointed with Qantas this time after previous trip 2.5 years ago. We were row 70 on the way over late August and row 69 on the way back. This is where the meal service trolleys converge. The customer service was sub optimal, I accept that sometimes you cannot have the meal you'd like, however I do not like being asked what I would like and then being ignored while 8 staff have an 8 way conversation about other people's meals. Very poor, not even an "excuse me" from the staff while they spoke to their colleagues. I was the 3rd person to use the toilet after leaving Heathrow , it smelt of urine on the floor and there were grimy hand prints on the area around the lock. Not good when you know you are in the same seat for the best part of 26 hours. I'd question if it was cleaned before departure. The cabin was freezing, I accept that it is for air filtration (and we did not return with a cold, so job done, thanks Qantas) I heard other passengers asking about it to be fobbed off. It was a pleasure to swap onto the Emirates A380 in Sydney for the last leg. We are both experienced long haul travellers and disappointed in the drop in service quality over the last 2.5 years.
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was very uncomfortable"

Verified Review | It was a Boeing 737-800 from Townsville to Brisbane. It was my first time on a Qantas B737. My seat was 8A in economy, and it was so cramped. Very little legroom. My wife who is shorter than me had also difficult time in her seat 8B. In addition to this, the seat itself was very uncomfortable. I got off the aircraft with a sore back.
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"the poor quality seating"

Verified Review | Terrible seating for a long haul flight on a non-budget airline. The lumbar support was awful, and the leg room was less than I would normally expect on a short haul European flight with the likes of Ryanair or EasyJet. Would never fly again unless prices competed with the budget airlines to match the poor quality seating.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownApril 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seats 24A/ are the best"

On the Qantas A380 I have to say that for a solo traveller the Premium Economy seats 24A/ are the best to go for. They seem to be blocked for high level frequent flyers until close to departure but if you can snag one do so. These seats are window seats with a window on the exit row and the first row of PE. I've heard reports that people congregate in this area while waiting for the nearby bathrooms but I didn't see that on this flight albeit the cabin was not full. The bathrooms, the rear Business Class ones, are behind a curtain. The leg room is huge and the service starts at your seat. These side pairs of seats in a 2-3-2 cabin could be good for couples too, but the seats on the aisle may see some leg & foot interaction with people walking past during the night. Other reports are that it is cold in this row by the door. But I didn't experience that. The blankets and pillows are as provided in Business Class. The seat is pretty good with a decent width and recline. The TV Screen comes out of the armrest and is of reasonable quality. PE window seats have the added bonus of the side lockers at seat level.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownNovember 2016

"product is satisfactory"

(Hong Kong)

Standard Boeing 737-800 economy class seat at 3x3 configuration. Seats are comfortable enough with decent recline, for flights under 4 hours, these are fine by me.The seats are fabric not leather, so it's not so hot. Individual air vent to help you keep cool. The product is satisfactory in general.
Date FlownSeptember 2016