Qantas Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"ridiculous lack of legroom"

Not Verified | Myself, wife and son were travelling from Sydney to Denpasar. Our seats were in the 2-3-2 configuration as we were seated at the very rear of the aircraft 58 D,E & F. The first thing I noticed when I managed to ‘contort’ myself into the seat was the absolute ridiculous lack of legroom. I am a tall man and expect this to occur, however I flew to Singapore in March on the same type of aircraft in Economy and found the legroom to be significantly different in that it was slightly larger. I could extend my legs without hitting the seat in front. This was not the case however. I felt sorry for the poor person in front as I continually bumped his seat trying to get comfortable. In addition the try table was broken and I had to support it with my legs during meal service.The seat USB also wasn’t working. Entertainment screen was good, just a little unresponsive, this wasn’t an issue though. I know there is the age old ‘you can always pay the extra!’ I need to point out though, like many people this is just unaffordable plus at this point in time Qantas doesn’t have premium economy on this route on this aircraft. Extra legroom seats were also unavailable. I choose Qantas from loyalty and have never had a bad experience with anything until now. I sincerely hope that with 20+ hour flights likely that they reconsider their Economy seats. Maybe consider removing one row.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Seat Layout2x4x2 / 2x3x2
Date FlownOctober 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"seats with just slight recline"

Trip Verified | QF46 Denpasar to Melbourne. The worst flight I have ever had in an international business class flight. It started with the awful Premier lounge at DPS, continued with no fast lane for Business in the gate lounge, a cramped bus ride out on the tarmac, only to find we had seats with just slight recline, not proper lie flat seating I'd expected in a 6 hour night flight in business. The food on the plane was mediocre. The entertainment consisted of 16 movies suited to teenagers and some recycled TV series. I couldn't even find any music albums. The headset provided was not noise cancelling. I am 73, very tall and not agile, and when I needed to go to the bathroom it was almost impossible to get out of my window seat because the people in front had reclined their seats. The toilet was so cramped I couldn't even stand upright in there. The one redeeming features was that the cabin crew were nice and friendly, and up for a bit of banter.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Seat/bed Width 12345
Seat/bed Length 12345
Seat Privacy 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"extra aisle space next to it"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Seat 54F on the A330 has extra aisle space next to it despite being in the middle of the row. Having two extra seat spaces in front of me for storage is fantastic. The comfy leather seat also has good lower-back support and the thick enough armrest is really helpful. The headrest can be better though. My favorite aspect of this Qantas plane/seat is having tablet/phone holder on usual IFE spot.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJuly 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"the most uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | I flew from LAX to SYD because friends said Qantas does things right and you’ll have a great flight, even in Economy. Do not believe your friends. This was the most uncomfortable flight of my life. When we finally arrived, I felt like I was prying myself out of a sardine can. The seat pitch was so small you could not stand upright getting in or out of your seat. The best thing about the flight was the very friendly flight attendants. Next time I will fly a different airline to Sydney, business class, (as the business class on this airline is unaffordable).
Date FlownMay 2019

"very comfortable seats"

Trip Verified | These are very comfortable business class seats that can easily be configured to suit whatever position you wish to be in. I flew from LAX to SYD (Feb 5) and then returned from MEL to LAX (Feb 22) in row 17 in the middle seats. These are very good seats as both middle seats have access to the aisle. The window seats look like you have to climb over the person on the aisle, but it looks like there is enough room so that you do not disturb the person on the aisle. Qantas gives you pajamas to change into for a long flight that are very comfy. They also have a "mattress" that they lay on the seat prior to sleeping. They also provide very soft bedding so you can enjoy a very good sleep. The bathrooms are a little tight for changing, but that's a minor thing in my opinion.
Seat Layout2x2x2
Seat/bed Length 12345
Seat Privacy 12345

"totally worn out"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | It was a long time we did not have a bad experience. Boeing 737-800 seat with extra leg room (30 dollars extra) was hard as wood, most probably totally worn out. An 8 cm sandwich was given on a 3h30 flight and with a candy as dessert. Staff was almost impolite except the head purser who should have been retired 15 years ago.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Date FlownFebruary 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"economy seats are non-reclineable"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Trans Tasman flight from Wellington to Sydney. First time ever I have encountered a plane where all economy seats are non-reclineable. The button is blanked off flat and cannot be used. I know it’s only a 3.5 hour flight but a little bit of recline so the seat is not stark upright is far more comfortable. I travel and fly several times a year and first time I’ve encountered this. Is this to be the new norm on Qantas Jetconnect flights? I’m keen to know if others have noticed this change?
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date FlownDecember 2017

"find the smallest seat"

Trip Verified | I was so looking forward to coming home and on a Qantas flight too! So I get on and find the smallest seat since the 70's and the seat in front goes back with a clunk - no halfway decisions here! When the meal is delivered the tray is so small that the only thing they can deliver is a roll, and main and a pudding dumped down unceremoniously. The movie i tried to watch froze at least 6 times. I asked for a reset and got nothing. I just kept restarting the movie and going back to the freeze area and trying again so also on another movie - Emirates, Etihad, Singapore are all superior to this flight. Qantas used to be so good - what happened? Despite having a few Q FF points left I shall reconsider whether this is the best FF programme for me to be part of.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"the drop in service quality"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | We have just flown return from Christchurch to Heathrow. Disappointed with Qantas this time after previous trip 2.5 years ago. We were row 70 on the way over late August and row 69 on the way back. This is where the meal service trolleys converge. The customer service was sub optimal, I accept that sometimes you cannot have the meal you'd like, however I do not like being asked what I would like and then being ignored while 8 staff have an 8 way conversation about other people's meals. Very poor, not even an "excuse me" from the staff while they spoke to their colleagues. I was the 3rd person to use the toilet after leaving Heathrow , it smelt of urine on the floor and there were grimy hand prints on the area around the lock. Not good when you know you are in the same seat for the best part of 26 hours. I'd question if it was cleaned before departure. The cabin was freezing, I accept that it is for air filtration (and we did not return with a cold, so job done, thanks Qantas) I heard other passengers asking about it to be fobbed off. It was a pleasure to swap onto the Emirates A380 in Sydney for the last leg. We are both experienced long haul travellers and disappointed in the drop in service quality over the last 2.5 years.
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was very uncomfortable"

Verified Review | It was a Boeing 737-800 from Townsville to Brisbane. It was my first time on a Qantas B737. My seat was 8A in economy, and it was so cramped. Very little legroom. My wife who is shorter than me had also difficult time in her seat 8B. In addition to this, the seat itself was very uncomfortable. I got off the aircraft with a sore back.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800