Lufthansa

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the legroom is excellent"

The latest generation of seats used by Lufthansa on all European routes are the best I have ever experienced. The legroom is excellent and this is the most important aspect as the seat width or the access in and out are the same on all airbus a321 in the world. You can hardly expect more from a short haul seat!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A321
Seat Layout3x3
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"legroom was a little too tight"

New lightweight seats were brought in to reduce fuel consumption but it is an ergonomically insufficient seat. It's padding was lacking (despite that I'm slightly below average weight) and the legroom was a little too tight (despite being average height). There was also very little under-seat storage. The seats were fine for short-haul flights in Europe but very hard on the rear and spine for the transatlantic flight.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340

"seats were uncomfortable"

Seats were uncomfortable with little padding over the new plastic seats and no lumbar support to speak of. The recline of the seat in front meant it was impossible to get out from your seat without hanging on to the seat in front at an awkward angle. Leg room was impacted by a metal box (entertainment system? so that your right leg could not be stretched out. An exceedingly uncomfortable long haul flight.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380

"seats are too crowded"

Seats are too crowded and leg room is non existent. I am 1.88m which isn't unusually tall and knees are constantly in the tray of seat in front. Can't recline all the way because it annoys the person behind. I tolerate this on domestic flights but long internationals should be different. Air Canada has more room so I hate it when I get a Lufthansa flight. It has been this way for years. I avoid Lufthansa as much as possible for this reason.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"extremely uncomfortable and almost unusable"

BUD-HAM-GVA. Seats are probably alright for medium to short pax weighing less than 60kg. Seats so narrow and close to the window and aisle seat as to be extremely uncomfortable and almost unusable. Fortunately there were a few spare seats on our flight so my wife and I could use 2 different aisle seats. Even so the miniature armrest is (literally) a pain and fortunately can be placed vertically except for t/o and landing. Service food and beverages were superior to the average SWISS flight but the LH CR900 would be better suited to a 1x2 seating arrangement.
Aircraft TypeREGIONAL JET CR900
Seat Layout2x2
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"quiet and comfortable aircraft"

A380 is a quiet and comfortable aircraft but the seats Lufthansa hat put in have too little legroom even if you are not super large (183 m in my case). The entertainment program is very good IF your touch screen monitor is working correctly. Two out of four we had were not. Not very comfortable for the person in front since you need to bang their back rest in order to get something to work.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380

"a nightmare"

(Italy)

A nightmare. Seats are very small with poor space available for passengers.
Aircraft TypeA340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"legroom is particularly poor"

(Romania)

Usually the B747 legroom is poor but on Lufthansa airline is particularly poor - which tends to be a bit of torture on a 12 hours flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"worst economy class experience"

(Finland)

BKK-FRA. Lufthansa's 747-400 is the worst economy class experience for me ever. I'm used to cramped economy classes on different airliners but this was an extreme experience. My knees were deep inside the forward seatback. Poor guy in front of me tried to recline his seat but it was impossible. I couldn't recline my seat because of a very bad design of the seat; when you try to recline your seatback the seat itself moves forward for one or two inches. I couldn't get my feet under the forward seat. There I sat jammed in my seat for 10+ hours. My knees and leg muscles are still sore after two days of that flight.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"new seats look cheap and flimsy"

New seats look cheap and flimsy. Skimpy cushioning and no lumbar support at all. I couldn't say much about the recline because the seats were so packed in that I couldn't in good conscience do that to the passenger behind me. Pitch was so tight that the only way you could retrieve your carry on from under the seat in front of you is to basically lay your head in your neighbor's lap. The inflight entertainment was a joke - 2 small CRT monitors mounted over the aisle. It was the worst experience I've ever had on a transatlantic flight.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400