KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats were small and uncomfortable"

We were seated in row 26 seats H and J seats were small and uncomfortable. The aircon was making so much noise that you could not talk to each other most passengers were sitting with a coat on it was so cold! The flight attendants told us there was nothing they could do. The seat arm rest only came up half way so the person in 26K had great difficulty getting in and out when the people in front had reclined there seats! Never again with KLM.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"enough leg room for 12 hrs flight"

Had a flight on KLM from LIS-AMS-GIG Rio de Janeiro flights on time no problem at all with flight connection plane was a bit old but enough leg room for 12 hrs flight IFE VERY poor and old school they should do very soon an upgrade in order to improve! Good choice of movies but hard to see them because the screen is too tiny! Cabin crew and on board service for economy fare is extremely great roughly every hour they come to you with complimentary drinks food and snacks! They look great and always looking after. Despite the aircraft everything was great.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"a very lousy experience"

Being over 6 ft tall I upgraded my Dubai-Amsterdam ticket (KLM 0428) for the Economy Comfort zone to be able to sleep after a week of professional meetings. KLM placed in the 2 seats next to me a couple with a 1 yr old infant and it was hell during the flight duration. The poor child has been crying and kicking me all night long and the mum that was seating beside me found nothing else to do to calm him down that shaking him nervously and shouting "shhhhh" at him all the time. The cabin staff came on a few occasions asking the dad to walk around with the child but that was clearly not enough to give a chance to enjoy the extra legroom and give me a chance to close my eyes. This was a very lousy experience that I do not wish to anyone. The comfort is quasi non existent in "Economy Comfort" class legroom is very standard seat width the same as anywhere else - and if you want to watch a movie you'd better pray that the person in front of you will not push back his seat.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

"no adjustable headrests"

Recipe for back pains? 31" seat pitch no adjustable headrests and a narrow seat. If the seat in front of you gets reclined your torture will begin and you will remember my warning with remorse. If the seat in front of you is not reclined you will look for a comfortable position to sleep. In vain.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-200
Seat Layout2x4x2

"a little comfort"

KLM follows the bad trend of a B777 Y-class layout with 3x4x3 in its B777-300ER but the seats have footrest for a little comfort for long haul flight.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"flight from Amsterdam to Toronto was brutal"

Our flight from Amsterdam to Toronto was brutal. At 6.5" I was unable to do anything but pray the flight was over. We booked the tickets requesting bulk head aisle seats and ended up in row 43 aisle. We travel a great deal and rest assured we will never fly KLM again in spite of the fact the attendants being nice.

"very short seat pitch"

Amsterdam to Panama return. Seats hard very short seat pitch so very cramped. When the seat in front reclines it is not possible to see the seat back TV screen and it becomes very difficult to get in and out of your seat (and I always ask for an aisle seat). Plus the cabin is very stuffy. Are KLM trying to save money by reducing air changes in the cabin? I could hardly wait to disembark. Avoid!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"would stick with the standard seat"

Paid for extra legroom seats row 21 b and c for our return flight from Houston to Ams. Had standard legroom on outward flight. As soon as we sat down realized that these seats were narrower than the standard seats due to the fact that the entertainment remote is attached to the side of the seat rather than in the armrest. This was very uncomfortable sticking into my hip for the whole flight.. Also with no seat in front you are limited to where you can put items. Would stick with the standard seat not worth the extra £60.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"not enough room for my legs"

I never had an issue with legroom until my last flight it was ridiculous! I'm 6'3" and was not able sit normal in an Economy seat. There just was not enough room for my legs. On my return flight I purchased an exit row aisle seat for 75 Euros which was no fun either since the lavatory was right in front of me. “Economy Comfort” advertised as “"If you need more legroom" goes for 175 Euro each way. This flight would have been painful for two hours my flight was 10 hours. It appears that KLM is discriminating tall people by charging extra for more legroom. Tall people can't lose a few inches by exercising or a healthy diet. The crew was fantastic they understand and for them it is no fun either. Bye Bye KLM you were once a great airline.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-200
Seat Layout2x3x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat rails not fully reclinable"

I chose economy so I got economy I realise that but why the heck are the seat rails not fully reclinable to a fully upright position. I had an empty seat beside me during a 9 hour flight - could not lay down though because the seat rail would not fully go to the upright position. Very annoying since the seat was empty during the whole flight anyway.