Jetstar Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Seats are so close together"

Not Verified | My wife and I flew from Adelaide to Bali and return in May. We only fly this route and with Jetstar as it was the only airline with direct flights. Average flying time is around 5 hours. Another airline has recently started operating a direct flight. Seats are so close together that you exit the aircraft with virtual knee rash. The seat incline is minimal. Obviously the dollar is almighty. A feature of the aircraft which disturbed me was that seats were so positioned that they obstructed ease of access to the wing emergency exits. The chicken meal we pre purchased was mediocre. The flavour was mediocre, and the presentation - ugh! It put my wife and I off eating. Next time we will be taking our own bread rolls. I cannot criticise the crew.
Date FlownMay 2019

"hardly any legroom"

Trip Verified | I sat in one of their upfront seats which is supposed to be one of the better ones but was disappointed to find that there was hardly any legroom. It was right in the front and despite a redline on the floor passengers seated behind could not seem to keep in the aisle and kept spilling over into my seat space and children treading on my armrest as they were being carried in by their parents. The flight left late because there were a lot of passengers who did not stick to their allocated seats and one that somehow made it to the door without their boarding pass. Dirt was noticeable everywhere even on the bright orange uniforms. Cabin crew were particularly noisy in the galley and I often felt them bumping against the board in front. What was particularly bad in terms of customer service however was that there was only 1 magazine for seats 1A to 1F and although initially I was lucky to have it the head cabin crew snatched it from my pocket without asking to check the price of a blanket for a rear seated (and less entitled passenger) and never returned it even though I never had a chance to read it.
Date FlownMarch 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"packed full like sardines"

Trip Verified | Avalon - Sydney. Plane was packed full like sardines. Seats were thin. Surrounding passengers somehow thought the seat cover velcro slot was intended as a seat pocket and they were putting all sorts of bulky likely overweight items in it such that I felt the sharp pounding in my back the whole flight. I would have thought the cabin crew would stop children from being a nuisance but on this flight they did not care. I tried to contact jetstar 3 times on their supposed 24/7 chat to raise this but did not get through. No seat power, no access to air conditioning vent, poor window positioning split between 2 of them. I would immediately choose any other airline if they take up this route. I also thought the airline advertising on the overhead cabinets looked terrible and overtly repetitive. Maybe it was to hide some blemishes.
Date FlownJanuary 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"seat experience was good"

Trip Verified | The overall seat experience was good for such a short flight, with plenty of legroom and recline, while the width is a bit on the narrow side but it's understandable. They seem very new, which got me excited about trying out some of the new seat Jetstar had fitted to their fleet. The texture of the synthetic leather feels decent though, and the cushioning is a little bit on the thin side, but this resulted in a dramatically deduced seat thickness, thus slightly increasing the amount of legroom while retaining the same seat pitch. Overall a good low fare economy seat offered by Jetstar, and I would recommend it.
Aircraft TypeA321-200
Date FlownDecember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"had very little legroom"

I know it's a "you get what you pay for" service but Jetstar sure do push things to the limit. I'm not a large person (about 5ft 6 in) and I'm not overweight but I felt like I was caged in with the seating provided. The tray table only just opened properly, I had very little legroom, the back of the seat in front seemed very close, and it all felt very claustrophobic. Getting in and out of the seat was a challenge and I hate to think what the trip would have been like if I was a tall person or the person in front had reclined their seat. Jetstar is not for me in the future I think. The only good thing was I didn't have to watch the safety demonstration because I couldn't see over the seat in front of me.
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Complaint lodged with Jetstar"

Wife and daughter boarded plane with allocated boarding pass for front row seats 10A and 10B On entering the plane, a young couple had moved into these seats. Cabin staff said "they had paid extra for extra legroom seats" Complete rubbish as all "upfront seats" are $25 extra. Wife and daughter had to sit in 12A and 12B which smelled of vomit - the real reason I think why this couple decided to move. Row 12 is nearer to the toilets also. Very unprofesssional on part of cabin crew, and they would not have tried such a stunt if it was male passengers. It is a breach of air safety to change seats until after the flight has levelled off after takeoff. Complaint lodged with Jetstar. We travel with Jetstar many times on this route. Generally OK. This stunt would not be allowed on any major carrier. I think it was also discrimination against two travelling females. Male passengers would not put up with this treatment. And the plane was 3 hours late departing just to add insult to injury.
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Fly with someone else"

Just returned via Jetstar to Melbourne from Singapore on their laughingly called 'Dreamliner'. The seat spacing is so tight that it's difficult to read a magazine (even when the person in front has not reclined), the seat cushion is so short it hurts your legs after a couple of hours, the seat shoulder width is so narrow that mine overhung the edges (and I'm a normal size). Oh, and the reading light shines on your head and not on the reading table. After that, the lack of window blinds means that the seat back screen of the people in front reflect badly - so it's like being in a disco when you close your eyes to try and sleep. If you fly in the daytime, the cabin crew dim the windows so much, that you're in twilight, even when in the sunshine.... I know it's a budget airline, but these guys are really pushing it to the limit. Fly with someone else if you value your comfort - even a little bit.
Date FlownNovember 2015

"overall a great trip"

Melbourne to Tokyo via Cairns return on a cheap AU$370 fare. First time on a Boeing 787 and its a fabulous machine, love the huge polarizing windows. Space wise not as bad as I thought although a little squishy. Lucky no seat mate and seat in front decided not to recline. Pre-paid hot food excellent ex-CNS and average from TYO. Different crew : Thai for the domestic leg then largely Aus/Japanese the other legs - all were good and engaging. Terminal 3 at Narita is dreadful - small, boxy and after immigration only duty free and 1 tiny café with very limited offerings. Overall a great trip and at this price I'd almost commute!
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was great, 38 inch recline"

The overall experience from Jetstar Airways was fantastic. The food was good and so was the entertainment system. The staff were very friendly and cooperative. The seat was great and provided a comfortable 38 inch recline. Being in business, we received priority everything. We flew from Sydney to Bali and back. The service at Sydney was great. We were given access to the priority immigration and customs line which got us to the plane quickly. Keep in mind that this is a Budget Carrier and is the equivalent to a big airline's premium economy. It was nice to be greated onboard with a selection of fine wines and juices. The only bad thing was the fact that is was very hard to get out of your seat if you were not on the aisle.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownApril 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"difficult to get out of your seat"

First time flying Jetstar Airways business class to Bali. Check in at Sydney and Bali went smooth. Inflight staff were great on trip to Bali and coming home. Trouble getting meal that you ask for but the staff quickly accommodated you with an other option. Would prefer to have a breakfast service rather than a dinner service coming home. Rather difficult to get out of your seat if the person in front reclines their seat all the way but were lucky enough to get front row seat on way home. I don't understand why so many complaints when you consider the price. I would fly Jetstar Airways business class again if the price is right.
Seat Layout2x3x2