Delta Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"no legroom whatsoever"

Flew round trip MSP to LHR. No legroom whatsoever and seats are small. Next time I will look at other airlines before booking with Delta.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"you can be bumped anytime"

I booked an overnight trip from Minneapolis to Paris. I upgraded to Economy Comfort. Delta bumped me out of Economy Comfort not once but twice without notifying me or refunding my money. Both times I noticed as I was reviewing flight information. The first time I called Delta and they placed me in less favorable Economy Comfort seating. The second time Delta stated that they "could refund my money." I ended up in an Economy Seat. What really irritates is that Delta stated that they don't notify customers of seating changes. So buyer beware you can be bumped anytime you won't be notified and they won't automatically refund your money.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-200

"legroom much better"

JFK-MXP Had the opportunity to upgrade to economy comfort. A couple of things - if we had not upgraded we would have been in row 38. Also our flight arrived in Milan at the same time as an Air China from Shanghai and another B747 from Bangkok. Being in row 12 got put us in a much better position at immigration. Seat width is the same as all economy but legroom much better. We were in 12 A and B so not bad. Row 13 has no window. Food drink etc the same as economy. All in all worth the $89.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"felt like is was concrete"

I have always found Delta to have hard minimally padded seats but this flight 13 hrs DTW-PEK was by far the worst I have ever had to endure. The Economy Comfort seat felt like is was concrete with Delta's blue leather draped over it. I tried stuffing the pillow and blanket under my backside but that did nothing to relieve the discomfort. I had pains in my back and behind for weeks after especially when aggravated by the return journey.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat cushion is extremely hard"

If you want a very hard seat fly Delta economy on certain 767-200 and MD90 aircraft. Delta must have gotten a good deal on these seats. I use to think the CRJ200 was bad but the seats of this 767-200 LAX- ATL 1155pm were dreadful. The seat cushion is extremely hard and on a 4 hour flight they become almost unbearable. Don't fail to miss this seat. Had the same experience on a Delta MD90. Delta need to fly these seats to the desert not the 767 just the seats.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767/MD90
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"cabin looked fresh and clean"

(Brazil)

Flew Atlanta to Rio de Janeiro; a 9:30hrs. flight. Because I was late boarding-due to a delayed arrival of my connecting flight-my pre-assigned seat had been canceled and I was rebooked on the window last row. Having a pair of seats to myself certainly helped a lot. The blue leather seats looked new with good width. However because the wall was behind me the seat had very limited recline. Legroom was standard at an acceptable 32". The cabin looked fresh and was clean. To me DL remains the best option; for flying between Rio and North America.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767-400ER
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"don't have enough knee space"

I am 6' tall and don't have enough knee space to sit without either spreading my legs wide thus encroaching on my neighbor's space or sliding them both sideways. Being confined to such a space for nine hours is torture. Although I have Platinum status I hardly ever get access to economy comfort seats on the isle or at a window.

"recline was terrible"

Flight from Minneapolis to LAX I was surprised how small the seats had become. Width is 17" and legroom must of been 31". Recline was terrible. Even worse was when the passenger in front of me reclined it hit my knees. I'm not tall (5'9") Width was uncomfortable where you had to keep your arms tucked in from touching shoulders of the passengers next to you- especially in the middle seat. Recently flew an Air Canada flight on a 737-800 and much more comfortable seats - and free movies to boot!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 757-200
Seat Layout3x3

"extremely disappointed"

Extremely disappointed at the tray table support for laptops. If the person in front of you reclines at all you lose half of the shallow tray table area. and your computer is hanging off the edge halfway. I am typing now from a very precarious position with my screen bent forward (and at risk of being broken whenever the passenger in front pushes on his seat).
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are the hardest and most uncomfortable"

The seats are the hardest and most uncomfortable I've ever experienced in flying and I've flown a lot. The cushions are unbearably hard. I still have a backache almost 24 hours after arrival. I've flown Delta several times now on the EWR-CDG route. I changed to it from United because the service is much better in many respects. But the seats are simply so awful that my husband and I plan to switch back to United which has poorer service but more comfortable seats.