Cathay Pacific Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"impossible to sleep"

Very bad design not enough upholstery behind your back or under your bottom. Impossible to sleep because the seat didn't recline. I was cold the seat was hard I couldn't sleep.
Aircraft TypeA340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat design is really horrible"

The new seat design is really horrible. The seat no longer reclines and it becomes very uncomfortable for a long haul flight. I couldn't sleep well.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"will never travel with them again"

(Hong Kong)

I flown many airlines and this was the first that caused my ankles to swell. If you suffer from DVT stay away and if you are over 5 foot you should also stay away. I will never travel with them again - awful.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are agonisingly painful"

(Hong Kong)

Seats are agonisingly painful after a few hours. There is a critical fault which means that there is not enough padding - a metal bar across the bottom of the seat hurts the bottom of your spine - the worst economy seat in the air.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"new seat which does not recline"

The old Cathay Pacific seats was a lot more comfortable than the new seat which does not recline. I always like Cathay Pacific but with the new seat I would recommend to fly another carrier even if it's not a direct flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Layout3x3x3

"seats do not recline"

I had exit row aisles on my journey because I am tall but they were very problematic as it was next to toilet and there was not enough room for people waiting to stand so they stood on my feet all night. This miserable airline had squeezed so many seats into the plane that there was no space even around the exit area - if there was an emergency it would be chaos! The next problem was the fact that Cathay economy seats do not recline so I had the trip from hell being over 6 foot as my head kept falling forward despite a support pillow. On this airline they think that by having the bottom of the seat slide forward you have comfort - wrong. I had no sleep in 24 hours.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 744-400

"the most useless seats"

The most useless seats - these seats define the very bottom of what I have ever experienced. Stay away if you can. Cabin staff and food were great and the only reminder of a 5 star airline.

"there was no recline"

There was no recline. Seat pad moved forward slightly which brought my knees up against the seat in front Because of design of seat there was no head support and pillow supplied didn't fill the gap between back of my head and seat. The airbag attached to the seatbelt caused problems when the passenger in the adjoining seat moved they pushed down on the armrest which forced the airbag down into my thigh. The armrests were about 5cms too low and as a result didn't offer any support.
Aircraft TypeA340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the worst I have ever experienced"

London to Sydney via Hong Kong. The journey entailed four flights in two different plane types. The return flight was direct with a 2 hour changeover in Hong Kong. I can only agree with the majority of passengers on this site who have already reviewed the new seats. They are actually appalling - the worst I have ever experienced. They do not recline and for myself and my husband that made sleep impossible. Whenever we tried to fall asleep our heads would loll forward the breathing became restricted and we immediately woke up. The slide forward motion of the horizontal seat only succeeded in creating a non-supported gap behind the lower back which was very uncomfortable.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"found no trouble at all"

(New Zealand)

Cathay Pacific's new Economy class seat was average even though it was quite well designed. I had an aisle seat and found no trouble at all. The negative about the seat was that you couldn't recline. The food was great like the service and fares.