Air New Zealand

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"premium economy is an excellent alternative"

(New Zealand)

We have made several journeys in the upper cabin premium economy section. Not being in the least interested in business class the premium economy is an excellent alternative. However I do find the seat padding tends to set solid after about 8hours. I now have an additional cushion that that has largely eliminated this problem. Even double long haul legs ie LHR- HKG-AKL are good value and comfortable in these seats.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"found these seats to be extremely comfortable"

We were in seats 22 A and B (upper deck) but were fortunate enough not to have a third passenger in seat C giving us more room to spread out although I believe we would have been comfortable even with a third person. These seats are in the exit row so leg room is not an issue nor is the narrowness of the seats. I've heard complaints about the temperature but that wasn't a problem with the blankets provided. There really isn't much of a window for this row. The side storage bin is a little awkward to reach and can disturb the passenger behind you when accessing. Our return flight LHR to LAX – 747-400 – we had seats H and K in row 25. We found these seats to be extremely comfortable especially with no one behind us. Having the lavatory close by was not an issue most folks passing by were quiet.

"leg room is spacious"

(New Zealand)

Premium Economy Class was perfect for someone like me who has to travel between LA and AKL every month but doesn't want to pay the price to spread out in business class. The leg room is spacious leaving enough work space so that I can work on my lap top without disturbing the person next to me - coach seating has become so cramped on airlines that you tend to overlap each other). Plus the blankets were comfortable and there were extra pillows for my flight - it was great! Some over weight people may find the seat width a little small for premium economy (Qantas Premium Economy seems a little larger) but for a normal sized woman it is perfect.