Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"to me it was torture"

(New Zealand)

Flew AF economy HK to Paris. Never again! I'm not a small person at 6ft tall and 120kg and to me it was torture. I never got comfortable in all 13 hours 40 minutes of flying. Very narrow seat poor recline and 2 empty seats next to me I could not take advantage of because the armrests were fixed! The TV was quite blurry too.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"do not believe the hype"

We paid a lot to travel Voyageur class which is Air France's version of Premium Economy. Do not believe the video on the AF website and do not believe the hype. The seats are narrow and have been designed so badly that you have no chance of a restful flight. You just slide down and your knees bang into the seat in front. You get plastic cutlery and cups and same food as economy. Do not pay for this class of fare. There is very little difference to their AF economy class. The service is the same non-existent. Makes me ashamed to hold a French passport. Never again.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"recline is very limited"

In their Premium Voyageur cabin Air France has achieved the remarkable feat of making providing a seat which is uncomfortable for both my wife (5'6" and of medium build) and myself (6'4" and of heavier build). They are hard. The recline is very limited when it works and the fixed head rest is too low to support the head of anyone with any height. These problems were compounded by the failure to carry extension belts which fit the short seat-belts fitted on the second and third of the three rows (I was able to use the belt on the A319 on the connecting flight without difficulty). I therefore had to be transferred to the front row. This has a bulkhead which diminishes the value of the extra leg-room when the seat is upright: when I tried to use the (limited) recline an extension came out which pinned my feet to the bulkhead. In short this cabin is over-priced offering less than the preferred seats in the Air Canada Economy cabin
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200ER
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"this seat was so narrow"

I literally thought it was a joke - that's how uncomfortable this seat (and hence the entire trip) was. I'm not exactly skinny but neither am I obese yet this seat was so narrow it cut off circulation to my thighs. To make matters worse my shoulders and upper arms kept bumping up against the passenger to my right (I was in an aisle seat) to the point where I finally had to get up and pace around the plane to relieve the discomfort. Throughout the entire trip from Miami to Paris I was lucky if I was able to sleep for 20 minutes. I arrived at my destination in the Middle East feeling like I'd been run over by a truck.

"seats narrow and hard"

AF seats narrow and hard and it was very difficult to get comfortable. Also I have short legs and the absence of a footrest is a real problem - I had to place cushions on the floor & place my feet on them to ensure adequate circulation in my legs. My impression from 6 SIN-CDG legs is that the planes need a cabin refit with more comfortable seats. On the other hand I would rate AF ahead of Qantas's mediocre international economy offerings.
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"seat was spacious"

I flew in the A380 going from CDG to IAD and then came back in the A330 ORD to CDG. The 380 seat was spacious with a large screen while the A330 was cramped and had the tiniest of screens. I gave such a poor rating for the recline due to when the person reclines completely in front you can't eat easily get out of your seat see the TV screen very well or feel like you can breathe. I didn't feel comfortable putting my seat all way back in consideration of the person behind. The seats also lead to people behind pulling on your seat when they try and get up and down from these cramped positions. I will try and avoid this aircraft in the future on AF.
Aircraft TypeA330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the narrowest seat I have ever sat in"

11hr flight from Paris Orly to La Reunion. By far the narrowest seat I have ever sat in. I think it was even narrower than the seats on Ryanair which is a budget airline. Legs were pressed right into back of the seat in front and when they reclined it was game over. Never again. It is strange as I use Air France on European flights as well and the seats on the smaller aircraft are wider and with more legroom!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300

"had minimum leg room"

I was seated 24K. 3 seats jammed in behind a row of 2 seats. 24J had minimum leg room and the large gentleman had to sit at an angle with legs in the aisle and third of his upper body in my area. Worst flight of my life.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300

"very uncomfortable flight"

Very uncomfortable flight; I wouldn't travel on Air France again. With the seats in front inclined it was impossible to get out of the seats. All and all I wouldn't choose Air France again.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the smallest airline seat"

I am a small person 5'3" and 110 pounds. For me my seat was the smallest airline seat I've ever seen. Eleven and a half hours of misery.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777