Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"a sensation of space"

CDG-MEX seat 53K. It's in the narrower part of the aircraft at the rear so there are only 2 seats instead of 3 on the windows side. IFE box was under the seat in front of me but to I was not too bothered by it. The seat is away from the cabin wall and this gives you several windows and a sensation of space. You get your own storage space between the seat and the wall which can also serve as a table. Although it will be shared with the person behind you. Getting things in and out of it means removing anything sitting on top. The IFE was okay selection of programs was fair. However to select anything on the screen you had to press hard which makes you shake the seat in front of you. I had to endure that from the lady behind me. Food and drink service was very good for Economy.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400

"seats have no padding"

Air France Premium Economy. Downside a bit expensive upgrade no toilets but they didn't seem to object to us using first class toilets. Those who put down these seats have not sat in Air France economy - which is horrible. I am only 5'6" but the economy seats have no padding.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats barely reclined at all"

I traveled in the lower-level economy cabin in the last row of the cabin. The seats barely reclined at all. I complained to the hostess as this was an overnight transatlantic flight. She informed me that all seats in the economy cabin had the same pitch. Needless to say I spent a very uncomfortable night.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380

"to me it was torture"

(New Zealand)

Flew AF economy HK to Paris. Never again! I'm not a small person at 6ft tall and 120kg and to me it was torture. I never got comfortable in all 13 hours 40 minutes of flying. Very narrow seat poor recline and 2 empty seats next to me I could not take advantage of because the armrests were fixed! The TV was quite blurry too.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"do not believe the hype"

We paid a lot to travel Voyageur class which is Air France's version of Premium Economy. Do not believe the video on the AF website and do not believe the hype. The seats are narrow and have been designed so badly that you have no chance of a restful flight. You just slide down and your knees bang into the seat in front. You get plastic cutlery and cups and same food as economy. Do not pay for this class of fare. There is very little difference to their AF economy class. The service is the same non-existent. Makes me ashamed to hold a French passport. Never again.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"this seat was so narrow"

I literally thought it was a joke - that's how uncomfortable this seat (and hence the entire trip) was. I'm not exactly skinny but neither am I obese yet this seat was so narrow it cut off circulation to my thighs. To make matters worse my shoulders and upper arms kept bumping up against the passenger to my right (I was in an aisle seat) to the point where I finally had to get up and pace around the plane to relieve the discomfort. Throughout the entire trip from Miami to Paris I was lucky if I was able to sleep for 20 minutes. I arrived at my destination in the Middle East feeling like I'd been run over by a truck.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"recline is very limited"

In their Premium Voyageur cabin Air France has achieved the remarkable feat of making providing a seat which is uncomfortable for both my wife (5'6" and of medium build) and myself (6'4" and of heavier build). They are hard. The recline is very limited when it works and the fixed head rest is too low to support the head of anyone with any height. These problems were compounded by the failure to carry extension belts which fit the short seat-belts fitted on the second and third of the three rows (I was able to use the belt on the A319 on the connecting flight without difficulty). I therefore had to be transferred to the front row. This has a bulkhead which diminishes the value of the extra leg-room when the seat is upright: when I tried to use the (limited) recline an extension came out which pinned my feet to the bulkhead. In short this cabin is over-priced offering less than the preferred seats in the Air Canada Economy cabin
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

"seats narrow and hard"

AF seats narrow and hard and it was very difficult to get comfortable. Also I have short legs and the absence of a footrest is a real problem - I had to place cushions on the floor & place my feet on them to ensure adequate circulation in my legs. My impression from 6 SIN-CDG legs is that the planes need a cabin refit with more comfortable seats. On the other hand I would rate AF ahead of Qantas's mediocre international economy offerings.
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"seat was spacious"

I flew in the A380 going from CDG to IAD and then came back in the A330 ORD to CDG. The 380 seat was spacious with a large screen while the A330 was cramped and had the tiniest of screens. I gave such a poor rating for the recline due to when the person reclines completely in front you can't eat easily get out of your seat see the TV screen very well or feel like you can breathe. I didn't feel comfortable putting my seat all way back in consideration of the person behind. The seats also lead to people behind pulling on your seat when they try and get up and down from these cramped positions. I will try and avoid this aircraft in the future on AF.
Aircraft TypeA330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the narrowest seat I have ever sat in"

11hr flight from Paris Orly to La Reunion. By far the narrowest seat I have ever sat in. I think it was even narrower than the seats on Ryanair which is a budget airline. Legs were pressed right into back of the seat in front and when they reclined it was game over. Never again. It is strange as I use Air France on European flights as well and the seats on the smaller aircraft are wider and with more legroom!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300