Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats are hard"

(Israel)

Seat 91k is a seat plus beside the more available legroom I do not know what the plus stands for. Seats are hard to hard actually and narrow but this is what you get in coach class.

"very little leg room"

11 hour flight from Paris to Mauritius the seats were rock hard and very little leg room to move about in. IFE system was very bad and broken. The stewardess couldn't fix my screen so I had to basically spend 10 hours not being able to sleep or entertain myself.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats were hard narrow and very short"

The seats were hard narrow and very short which cut off circulation we were crammed into centre positions our knees hit the seat in front and the person next to me who was a little larger spread across my shoulder and had monopoly of the tiny hard little arm rest. The person in front threw back their seat and when we complained at mealtime we were told he was asleep and would we please leave him be. On arrival after a 13 hour trip over night with no sleep and the agony of such confinement our feet and ankles were swollen and we felt absolutely battered. Unfortunately we had flown to Paris 4 weeks before and it was exactly the same for this our return journey so we knew what we could expect.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are narrow and require more padding"

Shanghai-Paris and return - seats are narrow and require more padding. Both flights- tried looking cabins (showing wear & tear) and very poor IFE. I was quite surprised that Air France would operate these tried looking B777 on the Shanghai route. Cabin service good food average. IFE quality was very poor considering competition. I recommend Air France take a note of CX cabin revamp program and IFE system. I expected the fine French experience but did not get it.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"we were totally satisfied"

I am used to business class seats with flat bed for overnight but these are Great seats for daytime (we departed 4:30 pm JFK to Paris arriving midnight our biological time and returned during the day) Crew very attentive meals quite good my 6'2'' husband was pleasantly surprised quiet section curtained off from crowded economy section. Had seen previously negative reviews but we were totally satisfied and felt it is worth the extra cost.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330
Seat Layout2x3x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"very disappointing once you're seated"

Good looking seats but very disappointing once you're seated. The comfort is horrible as they are very hard recline is minimal and an 8 hour flight is a torture.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are designed for tiny petite people"

(South Africa)

I am tall and have a large frame these seats are designed for tiny petite people. No Leg room very narrow and hard! Air France charges too much for an upgrade to a premium economy seat (seats behind bulkhead and galleys) I will not travel on this aircraft again!
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"these are better than economy seats"

Let's start with the fact that these are better than economy seats. Your own mini-section the shell feature PTV better service are all perks. The downside is the padding…- it is like sitting on a board. I brought an extra pillow to sit on but it didn't help that much. Secondly is the recline. It's odd and doesn't really recline - it slides forward. With that said take a look at the cabin behind to your rear and see how comfortable they look.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"disgraceful for a flag carrier"

One of the middle seats disgraceful for a flag carrier. Almost as bad as Emirates 777 - the only difference is the footrest on AF. Never again.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"intimate in size but spacious"

The Premier Voyageur cabin is intimate in size but spacious. While the seats in this class are far superior to those in coach class there are drawbacks. The fixed seat shell is marvelous as passengers do not encroach into other passengers' space but the recline mechanism could be improved to provide greater comfort. I fly the LAX-CDG route annually and it is annoying that on every trip the passenger sitting behind me kept their window shades open or kept their reading light on throughout the flight. There should be a period during the flight when passengers should be able to sleep. The service as always (at least in my experience flying AF) is superior. The food can be questionable but I will likely order the special meals for my next trip which appear to be superior to the standard meals offered.