Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats narrow and hard"

AF seats narrow and hard and it was very difficult to get comfortable. Also I have short legs and the absence of a footrest is a real problem - I had to place cushions on the floor & place my feet on them to ensure adequate circulation in my legs. My impression from 6 SIN-CDG legs is that the planes need a cabin refit with more comfortable seats. On the other hand I would rate AF ahead of Qantas's mediocre international economy offerings.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"seat was spacious"

I flew in the A380 going from CDG to IAD and then came back in the A330 ORD to CDG. The 380 seat was spacious with a large screen while the A330 was cramped and had the tiniest of screens. I gave such a poor rating for the recline due to when the person reclines completely in front you can't eat easily get out of your seat see the TV screen very well or feel like you can breathe. I didn't feel comfortable putting my seat all way back in consideration of the person behind. The seats also lead to people behind pulling on your seat when they try and get up and down from these cramped positions. I will try and avoid this aircraft in the future on AF.
Aircraft TypeA330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the narrowest seat I have ever sat in"

11hr flight from Paris Orly to La Reunion. By far the narrowest seat I have ever sat in. I think it was even narrower than the seats on Ryanair which is a budget airline. Legs were pressed right into back of the seat in front and when they reclined it was game over. Never again. It is strange as I use Air France on European flights as well and the seats on the smaller aircraft are wider and with more legroom!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300

"had minimum leg room"

I was seated 24K. 3 seats jammed in behind a row of 2 seats. 24J had minimum leg room and the large gentleman had to sit at an angle with legs in the aisle and third of his upper body in my area. Worst flight of my life.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300

"very uncomfortable flight"

Very uncomfortable flight; I wouldn't travel on Air France again. With the seats in front inclined it was impossible to get out of the seats. All and all I wouldn't choose Air France again.
Aircraft TypeA340-300

"cramped seating"

Aisle seat at emergency exit so legroom not a problem. Seat is the narrowest I have ever sat on - perhaps it is slightly narrower than all the other economy seats to incorporate the tray table in the armrest? Also the hardest seat I ever experienced. How an airline can expect anyone to sit on this hard seat for twelve hours is beyond me. Given cramped seating and the harness of the seat I will never choose Air France for intercontinental travel again.
Aircraft TypeB777-300 / B777-200
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the smallest airline seat"

I am a small person 5'3" and 110 pounds. For me my seat was the smallest airline seat I've ever seen. Eleven and a half hours of misery.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777

"very cramped cabin"

CDG to HKG with B777-300 and HKG to CDG with B777-200. Economy class on the day to HKG from CDG was full. Very cramped cabin with 3x4x3 configuration. The seat on the aircraft was like wooden bench. I felt that the seat on B777-200 on the way back to CDG was a bit better. Has AF improved the seat? Either way their economy seat is far from satisfactory. Also on the way back to CDG they ran out of food available between first and second meal. If you take a long haul flight with AF make sure that you take some food with you just like the time you take a budget airline.
Aircraft TypeB777-300 / B777-200
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"one of the worst experiences"

(Finland)

CDG-LIS on A320. Very little legroom for a 6.2 ft. tall. One of the worst experiences compared to most European airlines.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3x3
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"seats so miserably uncomfortable"

I was stunned to find the seats so miserably uncomfortable for an intercontinental flight. The seats were extremely narrow short and very hard with very little leg room. It became impossible for me to get comfortable in any way to be able to relieve pressure on my legs or sleep on my flight. There was absolutely zero room for anyone to get out of his/her seat to go to the restroom without having the entire row get up as well to let them out. I will never fly with Air France again because of this level of discomfort.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300