Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"uncomfortable overnight seats"

Trip Verified | I can’t believe we paid extra for this Premium Economy seats on a vacation with my wife and flying NYC-JFK to Paris. The seats do not recline but just kind of slide forward a little. Essentially there is no functional recline and they are the most uncomfortable overnight seats I have ever flown on, including coach. And that is saying something because I fly a lot. We would have rather have tried the coach seats as they could not be worse. Very disappointed in these seats and the engineering is horrible. Not for nothing, but I remember way back in the day flying Air France in just coach and being very impressed by the coffee and food quality. In Premium Economy this time it tasted like instant powdered coffee.
Date FlownOctober 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"go back to their old seats"

Trip Verified | I used to like flying with Air France but after this flight I will try to avoid them. They changed their seats to similar ones they have on short haul flights. They are bearable when you need to fly 1-2 hours during day time but not when it’s a 6 hours transatlantic night flight. I don’t even want to imagine what a 10 hours + flight feels on those seats. The people who designed those seats probably never even had the chance to sit on them because otherwise such seat would not be existing! Air France is better to go back to their old seats.
Date FlownAugust 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"they were very uncomfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | It must have been new seats and they were very uncomfortable for a 11hrs flight. It doesn’t reclines and the leg rest only allows your calf muscles to rest. Just horrible and will be thinking twice now as flying economy might just save me money as the comfort is probably about the same!
Date FlownJuly 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"Seats are very uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Fly out to São Paulo via CDG in economy and back in Premium Economy in 20C. I could not recommend the extra for Premium. Seats are very uncomfortable and despite different planes in the past the experience has always been negative. Seat is designed by someone who never sat in them for 10+ hours. There is practically no recline. Economy seats are better. Food no different. Service indifferent. As the premium is located towards the front, the toilets are in the next cabin back. No chance of using business due to they ever vigilant crew, who only appeared to serve the food and little else. Flight delayed by 3 hours causing missed connections etc. an ever increasing problem with AF, the third occasion since start of year ! Movies choice dominated by French films with little new releases and no change on outward leg.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout242
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I thought it was fine"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Paris return. Excellent Flight for the approx extra 30% on the fare. Separate Cabin small cabin, which is nice, upper deck sharing with Business Class. The flight crew was professional and very courteous. The window seats get a little extra storage with a sort of "locker" next to the armrest and the window which is nice to have. Big enough for a purse and a backpack so we did not have to use the overhead. Lots of cubbyholes and holders for glasses, etc. Entertainment system was good, large selection of films, TV, music etc. Food and service was good. Lots of room. The seats: Ok big debate on this. The seats are in a fixed "pod" so the upside is that with the seat in front reclining or the seat in back pushing their tray table, it does not move your seat at all. But the seat does not actually recline, it sort of slides down in the pod to affect a reclining feeling. Honestly after 2 transatlantic crossings, I thought it was fine. Also for the price you get: Sky Priority Check in, Luggage, Boarding and Security (and Passport Control if applicable) so that is a huge time saver. I recommend it and the wife and I will be Flying Blue in PE again for sure.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownSeptember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"Seat recline not enough"

Verified Review | Seat 11B. Premium Economy with AF is a good flight : enough space for legs, width OK. In flight service personalized and good quality. Good meals with good wines (important issue for french passengers). Seat recline not enough for night flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"we had to suffer instead"

Verified Review | I was returning from our European honeymoon and paid extra for Duo/2 seats 16K and 16L at the back of the premium economy cabin to enjoy a bit of quiet time on our flight from CDG to BOS. Unknown to me was the fact Air France cancelled our reservation for reasons never fully explained. We spent an hour in NCE with the agent trying to get seats for both our flights home. We begged the agent to upgrade us to business class and but he refused. Air France assigned us seats 15K and 15L telling us they were the same and we would be happy. What they never explained was this was a 3 seat and not a 2 seat row! How sneaky of them to not tell us it was not what we paid for. The arm between our seats was fixed in the down position and I suffered the indignity of having my seat back kick by the brat and his mommy who got my original seat. I am still confused why they were not assigned to new seats, but we had to suffer instead. Air France refused to grant us any consideration, refunds, credits for our terrible experience that had me an my new wife exchanging hash words.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Lots of space"

Verified Review | Row 93 K/L on the A380 were excellent seats. No one behind you as the loos were there. No big queues for toilets. Lots of space. Foot rests. Large window storage bins. The seat padding wasn't excellent but it was fine for our 10 hour journey. I would definitely pick these seats again.
Seat Layout2-4-2
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were not that comfortable"

Verified Review | This A380 premium economy seat does not recline instead it slides forward. There is no support for lower legs just a footrest attached to the seat in front. I found it best to keep the chair in the standard upright position with my feet on the footrest to push me back into the seat otherwise I had no lumbar support. I had a window seat so was able to rest against it and managed to set some sleep. There was plenty of space width wise. Because the seat didn't recline you did not have the seat in front encroaching on your space. The tray table was in the armrest. When the tray table was folded away there was no dedicated cup holder or place to store a water bottle. Headphones had good sound quality but I found they hurt my ears after a while (I was on a 13hr flight). There was adequate aisle space to walk. Overall the seats were not that comfortable considering I was flying Premium Economy.
Aircraft TypeA380-800
Seat Storage 12345

"discomfort of the seats"

Verified Review | I'm used to fly with Air France as it is my home airline. On my last 14-hours flight from Singapore to Paris, I've been really upset by the discomfort of the seats, which appeared to be relatively new though. A 3x4x3 Boeing 777-300 cabin layout for a 14-hour flights lets you imagine how packed we were, not able to move a muscle. My neighbor was sleeping on me half of the time, I had no place to go exercise a bit to avoid any health issue and moving alors the corridors without waking up the passengers was nearly impossible if you were not a size 4.