Malaysia Airlines

Lounge Reviews

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"I only found great disappointments"

Was looking to experience this so called MH flagship lounge. But I only found great disappointments once I arrived there. The newly renovated lounge had a cheap mess hall or school canteen feel to it as the chairs and tables were plonked in lines and rows in a big open area (not to mention the bland high ceiling) to maximize the capacity. As a result no 'personal space' and very crowded as everybody was close to each other. Chairs not comfy. No sign to the toilets had to ask staff for it. The toilet was so basic and small. Food selection adequate but not extensive. It's understandable due to their religion practice they set up the bar way off the main dining area and very close to the main entrance and had a walk a fair bit to get a glass of drinks. Internet was fast and reliable. Overall I was not impressed with this 5-star lounge.
Washrooms 12345

"grotty couple of rooms next to Starbucks"

(Malaysia)

Upgrading lounge so 'temporary' lounge is in a grotty couple of rooms next to Starbucks. Check In staff didn't even mention that the real lounge was closed. Almost no airport staff knew where the lounge was and the only sign is a hand written a4 sheet taped to the door. Catering was awful alcohol none existent and staff very stand offish.

"what a let down"

After a flight into KLIA from PER I was looking forward to using their flagship lounge to freshen up and relax before continuing onto LHR late that evening. What a let down. Trying to find a seat was the first obstacle my wife and I encountered and when we finally did trying to locate staff to clean the area was our next. Requesting use of the showers was met with a courteous and immediate response of yes. However when I entered through the doors it was like the area had not been serviced since the first flight of the day. No toilet tissue to be found unless you raided every cubicle prior. And the floors needed a hose down. Showers only saving grace was that the water pressure and temperature was very good as they were not very clean to begin with. With half an hour before boarding MH2 to LHR I decided to have a drink at the bar by the entrance to lounge. Selections are only average at best with no champagne only a French sparkling but that was no bother as I knew the best was to come on board. To wrap up the experience of what is meant to be their flagship lounge I have noticed its gradual decline since I first started using this service on numerous occasions since 2000. I will be returning from LHR mid Jan and look forward to experiencing the Golden Lounge of Terminal 4 as I have heard great reviews of this one. Will keep you all posted.

"unwelcoming unhelpful staff"

The business class lounge upstairs in the satellite terminal (that I have visited earlier this year) was closed. The temporary lounge was difficult to find and small with no shower facilities and unwelcoming unhelpful staff. The lounge was cramped and there were no shower facilities and limited food options. So I asked the staff if there was another business class lounge was given confusing instructions by a disinterested & slightly rude staff member and told to go back on the train to the main terminal to the "regional" business class lounge (for international and domestic flights). The regional lounge was completely full. Nonetheless after a wait I was able to take a shower in the short time left before my flight. The washroom staff were disinterested and no towels were provided (I used paper towels to dry myself). After having spent my time locating the various lounges there was no time for food and I had to take the train back to the satellite terminal for my flig ht. Once at the gate there was no announcement for business class boarding so I ended up boarding with the rest of the flight. Never again - unacceptable for business class.
Washrooms 12345

"It is large with plenty of natural light"

I used the KLIA lounge in transit and was impressed. If in transit stay in the Satellite building and head upstairs when you reach the air train - it isn't incredibly well signposted. It is large with plenty of natural light via big windows it has lockers newspapers magazines and many seating areas. There was a business centre with helpful staff. Lounge PCs offer internet and printing. Excellent range of food included noodles and soups barista made coffees and full range of teas fresh fruit plus I saw a variety of other dishes. There are several food service areas - all have different offerings. There is a bar with limited choices but white wine they offered was fine. Bathrooms with amenity packs and had hot showers both times - they are at the far end of the lounge and staff will give you towels and packs with shampoo etc.
Washrooms 12345

"herded into a small holding lounge"

On our way to Bali we used the KL first class lounge and it was great but on return 5th November it was closed - no reason given but everyone was herded into a small holding lounge to sit out the time. My partner was trying to do some business calls but very difficult sitting neck to jowl with all the other guests. Avoid KL lounge if you can until the closure time is over.
Type Of LoungeFirst Class
Washrooms 12345

"food choices were poor and cheap"

(Malaysia)

Lounge had a soft lighting to it being better than the domestic lounge at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. It's not big but accommodated well for 2 to 3 flights. Food choices were poor and cheap though: they offered rice meat and vegetables that were simply foreign for the locals. No western cuisine. Seating area was a tad dense in arrangement. A lounge that fits it purpose and a better offering compared to the one at its hub in Kuala Lumpur.
AirportKuching Airport
Washrooms 12345

"Inside the lounge was crowded"

A long queue to enter the lounge which I simply by-passed rather than stand in line for 15 minutes. Inside the lounge was crowded. Seats are small and cheap looking. My search for a virgin mary was fruitless. No worcester sauce no tabasco no lemon juice etc. I tried a chicken stew which was cold. I left and paid for my own drinks in the main terminal rather than spend any time in the dreary uncomfortable surroundings.
Washrooms 12345

"seating was barely adequate"

The lounge is operated by a third party supplier and is shared by numerous airlines. The seating was barely adequate for the number of people present when we were there in the late morning. Facilities are fairly ordinary and the range of catering is limited.
AirportAmsterdam Schiphol Airport
Washrooms 12345

"quite big with lots of seating"

Lounge was quite big with lots of seating. Food was average at best. Washrooms were in very bad condition and not cleaned and organised. No hot water for a shower is unacceptable in a business class lounge!