American Airlines

Lounge Reviews

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"not really a first class lounge"

The Admirals Club is not really a first class lounge. It's only offered to first class passengers if you're traveling overseas. I was traveling first class Toronto to Chicago to San Jose - and they wouldn't let me enter. Out of curiosity I bought a 24 hour pass for $50 to see what was so special about this lounge. One would expect an airlines flagship lounge service to be very nice. The Admiral Lounge only offers crackers and cookies and there is no self-service bar. If you want anything more you have to pay for it. The bar is tended and they only offer cheap drinks and poor quality wine and beer. You have to pay for anything that actually tastes good. From the outside the doors leading to the lounges looks like heaven awaits on the other side. Don't be fooled. Amongst other things the staff is too preoccupied with their own personal concerns talking amongst themselves - usually about some negative aspect of their job. You have to wait for them to finish their personal conversations before they'll even look at you.
AirportToronto Pearson Airport
Washrooms 12345

"sadly we were very disappointed"

Sadly we were very disappointed with AA's Admirals Club lounge at Heathrow. The lighting (harsh neon striplights which cast a stark glare over the whole lounge reminiscent of a public lavatory) was horrible and as we had left home at a very early hour in the morning we were looking forward to a good breakfast like BA provide in their lounges. We found only pretzels and packaged biscuits available until some dry rolls containing awful tasting bacon were produced hours after we arrived and had checked in. Even the coffee was grotty and we didn't fancy alcohol at 7am. We were not impressed and our later experiences with Admiral's Club lounges at San Juan and Chicago were even worse. We shall not be travelling with American Airlines again.
Washrooms 12345

"The "free nibbles" that were provided were scarce and stale"

I decided to purchase a day pass to the lounge in Miami International on the way to Paris. I'd avoided it in the past because it was always a bit of a hike from the gate but I wanted to get some work done before my flight. My first clue that I'd made a mistake was when the agent at baggage check-in upon seeing that I'd purchased the day pass told me I was crazy for having done so. And she was right. It took nearly 15 minutes of standing at the counter in the Club to get my WiFi password and free drink voucher processed. That was disheartening but not as much as using the free drink voucher for a glass of champagne and being handed a twist off mini-bottle of sparkling wine. As you might expect it tasted terrible. The "free nibbles" that were provided were scarce and stale. And unlike at CDG nobody came to get me to tell my that my flight was boarding. There wasn't a single announcement made. So with 25 minutes to go before my flight I made the hike back to the gate and found that everyone had already boarded. This was a huge waste of my money and when I wrote to complain about it nobody offered a refund. Very disappointing.
AirportMiami Airport
Washrooms 12345

"decoration of the new lounge is rather cold"

The decoration of the new lounge is rather cold but I found it comfortable. Lots of snacks and sandwiches provided as well as a wide selection of drinks. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating.
Washrooms 12345

"have been disappointed every time"

Have spent many a times in the Admirals Lounge in LAX terminal 4 and have been disappointed every time. No free WIFI provided and when you ask for a complimentary WIFI card that other Admirals lounge give out free here they do not provide them and tell you must pay. Seating is not not that plentiful or fantastic either. The complimentary food on offer are small muffins pretzels and apples which coffee orange or cranberry juice. Drinks must be purchased but they do give you 2 drink vouchers which is 1 extra to what you get at other Admirals Lounge in other airports. Very disappointing and don't even compare to other airline lounges like Qantas Club or other Oneworld lounges.
AirportLos Angeles LAX Airport
Washrooms 12345

"they make you feel like a second class citizen"

AMEX Platinum cardholders are supposed to have access to Admirals Club lounges. However when you enter the American Airlines Admiral's Club with your Platinum Card they make you feel like a second class citizen. They don't allow you to use the Wifi. In fact they segregate Platinum Cardholders in a lesser section of the lounge. Shame on American Airlines and shame on AMEX for allowing their platinum cardholders to be treated in this way.
AirportNew York JFK Airport
Washrooms 12345

"It is basically just a lounge"

Agree with previous reviewer that this is not what most people would know as a business class lounge. It is basically just a lounge. You get a voucher for one drink and a scratchcard for wifi - utterly bizarre. The snacks that were complimentary consisted of apples and some pretzels - everything else you had to buy. Would have been better off going to Starbucks outside the lounge - don't bother!
Washrooms 12345

"nice friendly girls on the front desk"

Great big oak doors on entry was a nice to touch for a grand entry. Nice friendly girls on the front desk. Inside was a bit tired and old but was a nice atmosphere. Good range of self serve beverages. Food was ok. Wifi and pc good. It was quite large so even though lots of people there was plenty of room.
Washrooms 12345

"this is not Business Class as I know it"

This is the first time I have travelled Business class with AA so after a great experience in the lounge at Heathrow I was expecting great things when departing from Dallas. But oh how wrong I was. Firstly I was directed to the wrong lounge by the pleasant lady at check in. She sent me to the BA lounge. Anyway once I found the Admirals Club I was greeted by the most miserable man on the planet. "do you want wireless?" I was asked to which I was presented with a plastic card with a scratch off back. I was also presented with a "good for one complimentary beverage" voucher! One drink? For the amount I paid for this ticket I would expect more than one free drink. I have never seen that in a Business Class lounge before. Anyway feeling hungry I looked through the menu and decided on a panini. $9.99. No please Hello Or thank you from the man behind the bar just a "sign here". (he didn't even take my voucher so I guess I may get another free drink after all). Food arrived fast as the bar staff cook it themselves. It's a bit like starbucks!! But it took someone an hour to clear the empty plate from my table. Taste wise? I should have eaten outside the lounge. Absolute rubbish food. Bought a second beer. Cost me $6 dollars. To be honest it's a bit like sitting in a pub chain not a Business Class lounge. I think I may stick to BA next time although this is a shared flight. Forget the wifi. It takes ages to type in a 14 digit code. Do what others do AA. This is not Business Class as I know it. I'm very disappointed.
Washrooms 12345

"the amenities are nice well laid-out"

The amenities are nice well laid-out and may have been recently renovated. However when it comes to food this lounge falls flat on its face. As others have said they have apples a pretzel mix and some cookies for free. Also it does appear there is a coffee machine of sorts which is free. There is a list of free alcoholic beverages (cocktails beer and wine) on the posted menu at the bar. The bar attendant made no effort to interact any more than the minimum and handles all food money buttons etc. without consideration for sanitation.