American Airlines

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"was refused entry"

Trip Verified | There is just something wrong with the staff here at this lounge. Last May I stopped in -- as an Alaska Airlines lounge member I get reciprocal visit rights with the Admirals Clubs as long as I fly on AA or AS the same day. I met those conditions yet was refused entry because their boarding pass scanner didn't recognise my boarding pass and all American Airlines employes do only what the computer tells them to do (I thought computers were out tools -- at AA it seems humans are only employed because they have hands that can manipulate the computer). As a consolation, I was told "maybe they'll let you in in London (they did)." To-day at least they let me in. I asked a swarthy boy at the desk to verify my AS number was properly recorded in the pnr but instead he just looked at the boarding pass and told me my AA number was recorded. I explained to him again slowly why I was asking the question and he accused me several times of being rude. Perhaps I was -- isn't it irritating when a clerk doesn't consider what you say important enough to listen to you? I felt like telling him I'm sorry since I am a member of the Admirals Clubs just to be of service to him. He wouldn't have understood -- abrasive people can take it but are very fragile when you bark back at them.
Lounge NameAdmirals' Club
AirportParis CDG Airport
Date VisitAugust 2019

"a great place to be"

Trip Verified | This lounge had been closed for over a year so pleased to see it open. Its in the same spot overlooking the airfield but has been extended. A great buffet plus also a taco bar. Downsides? The food was occasionally a bit dry sitting on a warming plate but small thing. Plus also, when will the US get some decent coffee instead of the brown liquid that they call coffee. A barista please. Washrooms were immaculate and overall a great place to be.
Lounge NameFlagship
AirportDallas Fort-Worth Airport
Type Of LoungeBusiness Class
Date VisitJuly 2019
Washrooms 12345

"three dollars for a Diet Coke"

Trip Verified | Very clean facility but to charge three dollars for a Diet Coke is quite low and sends a very cheap message. Shame. The rest of the personnel were most cordial and accomodating.
Lounge NameAdmirals Club
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I was refused entry"

Trip Verified | I have written to AA three times already about this issue but they just ignore me. I have an Alaska AIr Lounge membership which entitles me to use the AA Flagship lounges when traveling on AS or AA. The boarding pass reader would not read my BOAC-issued boarding pass at Roissy and so I was refused entry. It wasn't until I demanded to speak to the station manager that they relented and did their job. Very stressful and embarassing -- and I thought always that the purchase of a lounge membership was to ease airport stresses. AA is really a poor company -- their staff are very discourteous and often hostile with "chips on their shoulders" who think they are princes- & princesses-in-exile who are too good to serve the public. If AA doesn't start treating the traveling public with courtesy and respect, they will find there will no longer be a traveling public for them. I have traveled on AA 135 twice this month and both times it was less that 50% full. I miss Pan Am and other real airlines.
Lounge NameAdmirals' Club
AirportParis CDG Airport
Date VisitMay 2019

"overcrowding is unbearable"

Trip Verified | Avoid this Admirals Club lounge in Terminal 4 at Los Angeles Intl if you can. The overcrowding is unbearable. The complimentary food offering is sufficient for a quick snack. Due to the layout of the lounge and the overcrowding if you are at all claustrophobic you should avoid this lounge.
Lounge NameAdmirals Club T4
AirportLos Angeles LAX Airport
Date VisitNovember 2018
Washrooms 12345

"I’m less than satisfied"

Trip Verified | I ordered off the menu a Vegetarian Waldorf salad, when it was served it was smothered with chicken and the server said that’s how it comes and left the dish on the table. She didn’t offer to return the dish and serve me one without the chicken. I didn’t want to make a scene so I said I would pick off the shredded chicken and eat it anyway. She offered no apology and left me to pick it off. The menu clearly shows ‘V’ for vegetarian and no meat is listed in the ingredients. After finishing my meal after picking off the chicken I thought I shouldn’t have had to work so hard to eat a salad in a paid membership club. Customer satisfaction should be the prime aim. I subsequently complained to the manager. He refunded the salad charge and the tip after I requested him to remove the tip. I paid for my premium wine, but a good customer service gesture I feel should have been to refund the entire charge. Lesson learned refuse to eat something I’m less than satisfied with instead of trying to take the high road.
Lounge NameAdmirals Club
AirportChicago O'Hare Airport
Date VisitJune 2017
Washrooms 12345

"both dishes were simply superb"

Trip Verified | Prior to my flight on Cathay Pacific to Hongkong I was invited to use the Flagship dining section attached to American Airlines Flagship lounge at JFK airport. This is a five-star Manhattan-style dining facility with bar and spectacular views on the tarmac. I spent almost six hours in the Flagship dining section and besides me there were never more than a handful of other diners present. The waiters were very attentive and helpful with explaining the food and wine offers. I had the strip steak and the Flagship signature burger - both dishes were simply superb. The desserts - I went for the signature sundae and the creme brulee - were heavenly good. In contrary to the Flagship lounge - which looked at peak-times like a zoo - the Flagship dining section seemed to be a perfect escape. I was in there during the time the sun was setting down which was another highlight of my visit.
Lounge NameAA Flagship Lounge
Date VisitApril 2018
Washrooms 12345

"food is very varied and good"

Trip Verified | I had a long wait at LAX due to AA problems in getting me to SFO so spent time in the One World lounge at TBIT where I have been many times. Its a known quantity so used it to shower and freshen up. One problem with that lounge is the appalling lighting. Very dim. From there with a couple of hours to kill went to the Flagship Lounge at T4. Great reception area and a very nice lady at the front desk who was happy to chat. If only the AA FA's would have some of her charm. Upstairs and to the Admirals Club which is standard AA fare and level ie comfortable but nothing fancy. Now if invited, I was, one can use the Flagship Lounge. Great lounge, separate areas, plenty of seating and attendant washroom facilities. The catering was superb. It is worth trawling the net for other reviews and images as the food is very varied and good. AA can put on a great show if it wants to and this lounge is proof of it. If it can transfer some of this to its aircraft that would raise AA to the One World standards of its sister airlines. Certainly in future I am more than likely to use this lounge in preference to the One World lounge at TBIT. Top marks to AA.
Lounge NameFlagship Lounge T4
AirportLos Angeles LAX Airport
Type Of LoungeBusiness Class
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"What a waste of money"

Not Verified | We were told it was a ‘must’ to use the VIP Lounge at Cancun so we paid $37US per person to use it. What a waste of money. The Lounge was far too small for the number of people in there and we were sat in some really uncomfortable seats. There were crying babies, toddlers, really loud customers and generally no sense of quiet that you would expect from a VIP Lounge. The food was rubbish and we hardly ate anything. The coffee took about a minute to bre per person so there was often a queue to get it. The water ran out and we had to wait for it to be replaced. There was only one female toilet so always a queue. The alcoholic section was actually quite good, if you wanted it, but our flight was early so hardly anyone was drinking.overall, I wish we had saved the money and paid for a nice meal.
Lounge NameVIP Lounge
AirportCancun Airport
Type Of LoungePay to Use
Date VisitJanuary 2018
Washrooms 12345

"Flagship Bridge is much quieter"

Verified Review | There are 2 adjacent lounges, common reception entrance. One is Flagship, the other is called Flagship Bridge. The latter is much quieter with a selection of wines - red, white and sparkling - served by bartenders at the bar or at your seat. There is also a small menu of food available by ordering. This is a much relaxed place though it could benefit from having more comfortable couches. The adjacent Flagship lounge is much larger, very crowded, with buffet service of both hot and cold foods. A large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are there for self serving. Good views of the taxiways. A few computer stations. Clean bathrooms and there are showers too. However, the staff is very slow in keeping the place tidy. Counters and tables have plates, glasses, napkins and food leftovers for quite a long time. Both lounges have good complimentary wi-fi and lots of plug points to charge your phones and computers. The lounges are used by One World airlines. The front desk personnel were very helpful with arranging boarding passes for me. The lounges were superb places to catch up on work, relax, watch TV and enjoy premium drinks on the house until your flight was called.
Lounge NameFlagship/Admiral