Air New Zealand

Lounge Reviews

Lounge Comfort 12345
Washrooms/Showers 12345
Internet/Wifi 12345

"found this lounge very nice"

Not Verified | I found this lounge very nice. There was a very nice all-you-can-eat buffet style buffet. As it was morning, the breakfast selection was available. I went for some scrambled eggs and a strawberry smoothie, there was also a kids play place, if your traveling with a child and tables in there if you want to eat while watching your kid. There is also a nice work section, and a relax place closed off for business class passengers only. This lounge is also a Star Alliance Gold lounge, but is free with business class.
Lounge NameGold Lounge
Date VisitDecember 2018
Washrooms 12345

"I would visit the lounge again"

Trip Verified | My wife and I wanted to use the Business Class Lounge at the Auckland Airport while on transit from Los Angeles to Melbourne. Initially, I was questioned on the validity of my Maple Leaf Worldwide Lounge card as the person in the entrance was not used to see this card before. She checked with the manager inside and he allowed us to enter "this time". In fact, this card should have been allowed our access to the lounge in any of the Star Alliance Business Class Lounges. I would like to suggest that the Maple Leaf Lounge Service should contact all Star Alliance partners. When we went inside, it was a very nice lounge with good seats and good food and beverages. The service people were very friendly and attentive. Except for the fuss at the entrance, I would visit the lounge again.
Date VisitOctober 2019
Washrooms 12345

"how poor the seating was"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I was astonished at how poor the seating was in what passes as a Koru lounge in regional departures the seating outside the lounge was far superior Air New Zealand only seem interested in taking money and giving little in return. I have added a photo of the only seating available.
Lounge NameRegional lounge
AirportChristchurch Airport
Type Of LoungeMembers
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"very upscale offering"

Trip Verified | A very upscale offering from Air New Zealand. I find the Lounge a great space to relax with great natural lighting from the tarmac. The Lounge had a dedicated bar which also offered barista coffee. The food selection was decent but slightly limited in terms on options, Eg. vegetarian. The staff were attentive, consistently keeping the space clean and the washrooms were well maintained. Overall, the Sydney location was of standard though I think the Lounge in Auckland is much better.
AirportSydney Airport
Date VisitNovember 2018
Washrooms 12345

"well-tended with ample offerings"

Trip Verified | Large and busy, but well-tended with ample offerings and good quality of food and drink. I was a bit surprised that it was a 15-minute walk to the gate.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"the food was great"

Trip Verified | What a great experience. We were greeted and had the lounge shown to us. We had almost 10 hrs before our departing flight so we settled in for the wait. The seats were very comfortable and the food was great. Later that evening, a customer relations specialist told us to come out to the main lounge area. She had a special show for us and the rest of the people in the lounge. The Whangara Mai Tawhiti performers were in the lounge waiting to fly to Taiwan to perform there. She convinced them to perform 2 songs for us. It was the greatest entertainment anyone could have asked. They performed traditional New Zealand Maori songs. Everyone in the lounge applauded them afterwords and were honored that they performed for us.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Lukewarm, tasteless food"

Trip Verified | Pathetic lounge: Lukewarm, tasteless food - just like in their Melbourne Lounge I hope I won’t get gastro from the cooled chicken dish. No bottled non-alcoholic drinks, only alcoholic stuff. Non-alcoholic drinks only come from a mixer from the basin. Business class product on the plane is very inferior compared to QF, SQ, JAL, Emirates, Vietnam, Cathay and really any other airline with a flat business seat.
Date VisitJune 2018
Washrooms 12345

"Worst customer service ever"

Not Verified | Worst customer service ever, two rude attendants at Queenstown Air New Zealand Lounge would not allow entry as my son was 13 and that therefore was an "adult" and I could only take 1 adult in under my membership. I explained as a Virgin platinum member this wasn't an issue in a Virgin lounge, but was told "well too bad, this is Air New Zealand and we are different" - arms crossed and grumpy faced added for extra emphasis. When I asked if there was any chance of paying for entry for my "adult" 13 year old son, was told "No!, we dont do that here!" additional grumpier face and crossed arms even tighter in case we misunderstood. Thanks for the hospitality, glad this alliance with Virgin is ending soon based on that example of Air New Zealand customer service.
Lounge NameQueenstown
AirportQueenstown Airport
Date VisitApril 2018
Cleanliness 12345

"a Lounge worth visiting"

Verified Review | First time visit to an Air New Zealand Lounge, and it was their flagship location. A great space filled with amazing decor and plenty of seating including a covered outdoor area. Breakfast was being served during my visit with a chef cooking fresh food and barista made coffee was on offer. A bar was also available, but I don't think it opens until lunch time. Lounge staff were very present, consistently keeping the space clean. Overall, definitely a Lounge worth visiting.
Lounge NameAir New Zealand Lounge
Date VisitSeptember 2017
Washrooms 12345

"turned into a food trough"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | On a recent Business Class flight to LAX I had the "displeasure" of using the Air New Zealand Lounge at Auckland International Airport. These lounges have become horribly overcrowded, probably because the lounges are full of Koru Members, plus their families, plus frequent flyers from other Star Alliance airlines, so depending on when you arrive, sometimes it is impossible to find a seat. In addition the food options are appalling. Serving a curry before a long flight is not appropriate. Most of the time, I resort to stocking up on cheese and crackers. I'm beginning to avoid this lounge, its turned into a food trough inhabited by people with appalling manners.
Date VisitMay 2017