Zurich Airport

"efficiency is stupendous"

Not Verified | I find this airport strange, it seems good but when you look closer the efficiency is stupendous, so much that it is rude. The organization of signs on the lifts are the worst I have seen in any airport, parking 3 for example is on 5 floors! That is the label. As a family we were given a very hard time about our luggage to the point they held us for over an hour and effectively made us lose our flight, waiting at the gate especially to close it as we arrive! From check in to the gate is incredibly long.
Date VisitApril 2019

"staff are incredibly rude"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Infrastructure of this airport is OK but staff are incredibly rude, impolite and aggressive. I have been harassed on the 1st of February at the Gate E62 (PS472) by a female stuff member who was terrorising passengers in order to find an odd extra kg of a hand luggage and make them pay a penalty. This is insane but she was checking every passenger's bag at the Gate (including those with a Hand Luggage Approved tags given at the Check in) with a portable luggage scale making the whole experience humiliating and traumatising. She was treating passengers with such volume of hatred that I have never seen in my life. Her female supervisor was quietly observing. She did not know the airline rules for a hand luggage and despite some people have been members of the airline loyalty programme and thus were given more hand luggage allowance, she made literally everybody pay 75 CHF for a second bag with a laptop or a small personal items - breaching Airline's policy. I was forced to repack my hand luggage in order to fit my laptop into a single bag to find out minutes later that I was allowed to take two items on board. She was not sure how much to charge and for what, so I ended up paying incorrect fee at the end. It seems the staff at Zurich airport is so miserable. This is national disgrace, Switzerland!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"staff are friendly"

Trip Verified | Very good airport. The ways are short, its clean and staff are friendly. Outside there are shops and supermarkets selling products for local prices. Also it handles bad weather conditions well leading to not many delays. Only the wifi service could be improved.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Extremely impolite staff"

Not Verified | I am a 55 years old man and I travel a lot. So far this is the worst airport of my life. Extremely impolite staff. Wi-Fi problems. Strange connection between gates with small, crowded dirty train, slow passport check -in, very limited shops. Everything was bad from A to Z.

"really ridiculous"

(Italy)

Not Verified | One of the worst airport I have ever been in my life. I arrived at 8:30 pm. Almost most of the nice restaurant were closing. This is the first airport I travel where you can connect just for 2 hour in their wi-fi (and you have also must agree with their privacy term, where they will spam message for sure). I have never seen something like this. Basically, if you travel and you have to wait than 2 hours you will be stuck with no WIFI in 2019. Even the most small middle town in Italy have free wi-fi without any registration. Don't come in this airport if you have to stop more than 6 hours. It is not a comfortable airport. This is really ridiculous. I will never fly again through this airport.

"only 2 hrs WiFi"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Zurich airport was good in overall except WiFi, only 2 hrs for “one phone number user”, have it pay if you want more, or go to information counter to shows your bording pass to get some more free, but I was already at gate when I know this, information counters are far, and I was tired. Really inconvenient.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Long walks to everywhere!"

Trip Verified | This is a sprawling and busy airport. It is extremely well connected by train to the heart of the city - frequent departures and it takes only about 10 minutes. But once you are at the airport it takes a long time to reach your gate to board your flight. Same for arriving. - it is quite a bit of a hike from arrival gate to the exit the terminal. For many flights you have to take an underground internal subway train to reach the terminal. Long walks to everywhere! Clear signs exist as do escalators and moving walkways. English language announcements made. Very limited shopping and eating in the remote terminal. Otherwise, the range of shopping and dining options are vast. I bought some chocolates and patronized a cafe - very courteous service. The tourist office just outside baggage claim very helpful with directions, maps, and also sells the train tickets and instructions to use those. Checked baggage arrived without much delay. Restrooms could be more easily accessible. Without doubt, a very well managed airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"very appealing, very bright"

Trip Verified | I've been very often in Zurich and mostly for transit. I never missed any flight and never got some issues with luggage, even in case of short transit times of less then one hour. Even then i had the time to enjoy short lounge stays for a coffee or short breakfast. Airport design is very appealing, very bright. Sometimes staff are not very friendly. This is however a middle European attitude that may be improved.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"airport management has an issue to work on"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | A serious problem with personnel attitude towards travellers and staff coordination. I've been to Zurich airport many times and always considered it to be at least not bad. However last time on Nov 11 I've got a real mocking attitude experience. I was travelling with my wife and child. The lady-guard at passage to gates from the registration hall didn't let us in with online registration, cabin bags and child stroller, she told us that "all buggies should carry a purple stripe" and that we should register in-person to get the stripe. At registration desk the lady decided to examine all our bags for the weight and had a quarrel with me regarding whether we should check-in one minor overweight bag (for three of us) or not, which had been flown to Zurich by the same airline in cabin without any problems. It is usually difficult to explain some rules-oriented people without children why you do not want to wait for luggage when your plane lands late at night and you have a sleeping child on your hands. After that we went back to gate passage and - you know what? - no purple stripe on stroller again! We were denied passage to gates for the 2nd time and turned back to registration desk. This time we addressed another person at the registration desk who at first didn't even realize what purple stripe we were talking about. Finally, we got the stripe and asked why we the previous reg lady didn't give it to us when we specifically asked her about stroller registration before weight checks? The answer was "she is human". Regarding humanitarism, the three of us - also humans with the tired child striving to fall asleep - had to run 3 times across the reg hall to and from the gate entrance. The worst thing the reg lady was smiling and apparently having fun during the quarrel and the second "stripe quest". What was this? Mocking? Revenge? Well, for the reg lady personnally this is just bad karma. However I assume airport management has an issue to work on.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"really clean and has good maintenance"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | The airport is really clean and has good maintenance. The airport has changed a lot in the last few years, as I visited several times, and flying with Swiss became easier and more efficient. There is a nice selection of food and beverage shops as well other nice boutiques. They are also providing free Wi-Fi but it's not working in any point of the airport, neither next to the gates or in other places, this is a really big negative.
Date VisitJuly 2018