Zurich Airport

"Slowest Airport in history"

Not Verified | Slowest Airport in history. Badly laid out and baggage reclaim is the slowest I have ever experienced. Waiting forever, no one is collecting any of these bags, are these not from our flight? Chaos.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"deserves to be in top-10"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Overall, a great airport which deserves to be in top-10 of the world. My best impressive was about the observation deck and the airport tour. With only 5CHF, you can stay hours to watch airplanes on and off. Also, a 90-minute bus tour is available with 10 CHF, which allows you to watch every single corner of the airport, and stop for 30 minutes at a very good viewpoint to take awesome videos of airplanes taking off. The airport is huge with a lot of shopping. I tried some restaurant there and the food was tasty.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"prices are outrageous"

Not Verified | Airport was very nice but the prices are outrageous! I flew from Heraklion to Zurich then a 4-hour layover for the flight home to the US and wanted to get a good meal. A Burger King whopper meal is 17 Swiss francs which is more than double the price in the US. A burger at the sports bar is 26 francs and you even pay extra for cheese. I chose to fly hungry instead of spending the ridiculously high price. Then we went to our gate early since we had so much time and then they rounded all the people up to move back through a checkpoint because they had nobody set up there when we all passed through. A complete head scratcher there. If I ever fly through Europe again I will avoid Zurich!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Unbelievable is all I can say"

Trip Verified | Unbelievable is all I can say. I would make a connection in Afghanistan before I'll go back to Zurich. Arrived three hours early for a connection on Swiss Air to Swiss Air and almost missed our flight. No organization at all, long queues, people cutting in lines, old folks crying, tempers flying. Standing in lines for three freeking hours. Rude, ill informed employees and nothing but chaos. Why the Swiss who make the world's best watches make the worst airports is beyond me.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Excellent experience. Very quick transit connection (unlike Frankfurt, where we had to go through long security again), clean, comfortable (although expensive coffee!). Very clear signage. 2 hours free wifi.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"unfriendly personnel"

Trip Verified | Very unfriendly personnel at the customs services. At the check of my luggage, I was treated like a criminal. We bought some things in South-Africa and they checked it again and that's fine, but if I'm asking a question I would like to receive a normal answer and not; I don't care I have to check everything. At the gate, the people weren't friendly either. Maybe it was because it was early, but I would like to be treated as a normal person, not as a criminal. We won't fly to Zürich again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Good shopping and nice bars"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | The Zurich airport is big enough for the numbers of passengers however very friendly. It's quite well organized, easy to go from Schengen Zone to the overseas terminal. Good shopping and nice little bars and coffee shops. My impressions are positive at all.
Date VisitJune 2019

"workers closed half the booths when the line grew"

Trip Verified | Warsaw had a delay with departing flights, so we missed a connection in Zurich. They had us proceed to “Transfer Desk A”, which already had a massive line. First class passengers were split left, and economy right. The workers closed half the booths when the line grew, and it appears the air conditioning was also halted. 4 hours of waiting for vouchers for hotel and food, sweating, with no guidance, while the Swiss employees move at a snails pace. Say what you want about US airlines, at least they don’t treat you like cattle and abuse your time. Will never fly connecting through this airport again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"it is an attack on the senses"

Not Verified | ZRH is in general an efficient airport but an alarming change in the retail planning seems to have begun in the last three years, I have used the airport weekly since 2009. The change has resulted in herding initiatives, resulting in all passengers being routed via one single pathway into duty free, the duty free itself has enough lighting to be seen from space. Same upon arrival, lights are muted and pleasant through the airport until you arrive at the arrival duty free and then suddenly you are dumped into an operating theatre, it is an attack on the senses. Is the retail marketing here solely driven by spreadsheets and numbers, is there any though given to continuity, design, efficiency or the overall package of the airport in general? The Swiss usually frown on bright light marketing, is there any Swiss involved at all?
Date VisitJune 2019

"There was a queue to get into the queues"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | At first glance it seems a good airport. Check in was straight forward. The queue for security was quite long but it was orderly and moved at a steady pace. However, the queue for passport control was the worst I have ever encountered. The lines were not defined, hundreds were crammed into the space. There was a queue to get into the queues! There were staff screaming at passengers to get back and the huge scrum of passengers was barely moving, not enough windows were open and processing was at a crawl. Passengers panicking as they saw their boarding times come and go and would try and push through the queue yelling they'd miss their flight but of course all passengers were stuck and planes had to wait and so our flight was 45 minutes late leaving purely becsuse people simply couldn't get to their flights to board on time. It was absolutely unbelievable, I really can't describe the scenes well enough to explain what a mess it was. Zurich is easily the worst orgsnised airport I have been through would avoid it in future. They should do passport control straight after check in so that there is a steady stream of people completing check in and flowing through. They have it arranged so people check in, do security and then duty free, this creates a bottle neck with everyone going to the gate and to passport control at the same time. Total mayhem.