Washington National Airport

Washington National Airport customer review

I have used Regan many times and it is a fine airport but for one thing - the queues for security and the actually layout of the security areas. coupled with a number of staff who do not seem to know what work means. My most recent experience was last month when it took 40 minutes to get to departures amidst dozens of people becoming increasingly worried about missing their flight. Were it not for this my overall rating would be a lot higher and any recommendation I would make to other travellers would include being aware of these problems.

Washington National Airport customer review

Terminal C US Airways. Kerb-side bag drop was fine. TSA were incredibly friendly and then fast and efficient in processing a busy queue. Food/drink outlets land- and air-side were fine. Pleasant experience no complaints.

Washington National Airport customer review

Worst customer service I have experienced. I was traveling alone with my 6 month old child through Regan for a layover. I asked an attendant how to proceed to my needed gate and she told me a shuttle. She directed me in the direction of the shuttle which was down 2 flights of stairs. I asked her if she could ask an airport worker to assist me as I had a baby a heavy bag stroller and car seat. She simply told me that it "wasn't her problem". I was assisted down the stairs by another person. When we reached the bottom and tried getting the stroller into the shuttle every airport worker stood around watching not willing to help once again. When we arrived at my destination they then expected me to carry all of my belongings back up the 2 flights of stairs. Had it not been for random strangers my son and I wouldn't of made our flight. This airport is by far the worst public place I've encountered.

(Brazil)

All in all a fairly modern clean and easy to use airport though if one arrives early (before 5 am) to get one of the earlier flights expect long lines blocking the counter areas as people wait for the counters to open. We saw very long lines for security in the afternoon but in the morning the lines were much shorter (glad we were flying first class so had a special line). Decent variety of eateries both inside and outside security. The rental car facilities can be a bit confusing to find by car (when returning a rental car) and nearly impossible to reach by private vehicle (eg if someone dropping you off to get a rental car). Signage for the wide variety of vans shuttles etc. could be better.

Washington National Airport customer review

Being a regular traveller out of this airport I can honestly say that it's decent. Due to its small size I find it easy to manoeuvre around this airport. The signs are well-marked and the terminals are clean overall. The only complaint I have is that the baggage claim belts are a bit bulky and they seem to take up most of the room space even by baggage claim standards. Other than that the airport is convenient for travel but not perfect.

Washington National Airport customer review

DCA may be cramped and congested but no other major US airport is as convenient to the city it serves. We were at our hotel in just over 30 mins. Terminal 2/3 was recently renovated to widen the corridors and create a pre-security mall with a handful of eating and shopping outlets but the terminal complex is too small for the volume of passengers it serves so overcrowding is a major problem during peak times. However the TSA checkpoints move very efficiently.

Washington National Airport customer review

It's a very convenient airport for Washington DC visitors though somewhat pricey as US Airways dominates the traffic however I would still take it over the other two(IAD and BWI) just for its closeness to the District. The only fly in the ointment is that sometimes gate changes don't get communicated to the TSA staff-one of them told me that I was going to the wrong gate but I mentioned that I checked in online at my hotel and the gate shown on my boarding pass was the one of record at the time and they were fine with that.

Washington National Airport customer review

Flew in and out of DCA terminal A via Northwest Airlines. The terminal is currently shared with Airtran Spirit and Midwest. Since my outbound flight was delayed I had to endure approximately 4 hours in this run down cavern lest I wish to endure an additional dose of security theater at the hands of the TSA. A-Terminal is LOUD. There is no acoustic treatment to soften the constant PA boarding banter terror warnings etc. Additionally one of the three food vendors located almost in the middle of the room (yes it's a large circular room) runs a high-powered blender about every 8 minutes. There were only 4 electrical outlets that worked to charge cellphones or laptops - all occupied of course by the hundred of people crammed into this too-small space. DCA now has WiFi but it costs a minimum of $8.00/day - and the signal is very very low in terminal A. Do your best to avoid Terminal A. If you must fly out of A bring earplugs and extra batteries.

Washington National Airport customer review

There's a very long walk (probably the best part of a mile) from the Metro station to Terminal A and you have to pay for luggage trolleys. There was virtually no queue at all either to drop off my luggage at the check-in desk or to go through security. The TSA people were helpful and courteous.

Washington National Airport customer review

While DCA is being renovated the renovations will end and the facility will be improved. During the 15 years I lived in the area the renovations at Dulles never ended and the facility was never improved. Note however that some DCA TSA employees (and airline employees at other airports) do not understand the concept of visa on arrival and are fully prepared to keep you off your flight because "you don't have a visa for the country you are going to".